Silk & Steel - The Quickening......... exclusively for 14.3

I am wondering about your CM pairing. The two B2Bs with a CM seemed a great balance. Even if you do stick with two CM roles I think you will require more tackling from them than than usually expected from this role or you get cut to ribbons in the middle.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't encountered it in my saves with Liverpool, Barcelona and MVV. Tactic got me titles with all three sides. I'm quite convinced the performances can be better, I'm hardly invincible, but it scrapes wins in important matches and lets me perform above expectations so far. Good job, mr. Rosler.

Finally got Palace playing like Barcelona :lol:

Seriously, the tactic is looking really good. Its taken me a lot of time to get palace firing but i'm pretty sure i've got them playing as well as possible given the squad.

A big team should go on the rampage with this tactic.

i will post up more later :brock:

EluUrtX.png

Tested it and I gotta say, I don't like it. I am a huge supporter of your tactics and I know you can't please everyone... I loved having a good tactic that did NOT use wingers, I saw this and thought "Not another 4-3-3..."

I gave it a try and had very minimal good results. This tactic is just too much like many of the others you can download here now. Not much can compare to the results of S&S 1&2 before 14.3 :)

Seriously, the tactic is looking really good. Its taken me a lot of time to get palace firing but i'm pretty sure i've got them playing as well as possible given the squad.

EluUrtX.png

Looking good Mr R!! Great job.

Tested it and I gotta say, I don't like it. I am a huge supporter of your tactics and I know you can't please everyone... I loved having a good tactic that did NOT use wingers, I saw this and thought "Not another 4-3-3..."

I gave it a try and had very minimal good results. This tactic is just too much like many of the others you can download here now. Not much can compare to the results of S&S 1&2 before 14.3 :)

Unfortunately the ME is forcing most effective tactics down a similar route, certainly in terms of formation.

Still lots of room for maneuver in terms of roles and player/team instructions,

At this point I just want the most effective tactic I can get, I don't care what the formation is. 14.3 is a dog that needs putting down.

I think most people here would agree with me.

47418239.jpg

Enjoying a save with a small Romanian team AFC Rapid. Promoted from second league first year and reached the final of the cup, qualifying for EL.

Second season, i am top of the first league and reached 1st knock out round in Europa League where i will be playing Dynamo Moscow. Finished first in a group with Panathinaikos, Metallist and Leverkusen. While they are not big teams, it is an achievement considering my whole club is worth $5,000,000 and this is the first season in the top division.

Thank you for sharing you work.

Any idea of a release date Mr R?

Need to finish season with Palace, pretty clear I'm gonna comfortably exceed board expectations and meet my own personal expectations.

Then want to run it with a big team to see if it needs 'jazzing up' for bigger teams. I don't think it will as it's pretty attacking.

Couple of days I think.

47418239.jpg

Enjoying a save with a small Romanian team AFC Rapid. Promoted from second league first year and reached the final of the cup, qualifying for EL.

Second season, i am top of the first league and reached 1st knock out round in Europa League where i will be playing Dynamo Moscow. Finished first in a group with Panathinaikos, Metallist and Leverkusen. While they are not big teams, it is an achievement considering my whole club is worth $5,000,000 and this is the first season in the top division.

I tried S&S v2 with palace and even that couldn't really handle them on 14.3. thats one of the reasons I'm excited about the new tactic.

Is that picture from 'The Big Lebowski'? Quality movie.

EluUrtX.png

Excellent result! How are you going in the League?

It's still working pretty well for my newly promoted Wolves side. Although it's not quite as dominant. I was picked to finish 17th, I'm sitting 1st with about 15 games remaining. My lead has dwindled though from 9 points to 1. Still about 16 points clear of 3rd so hopefully I can hang on and get promoted without going into a playoff. Recently a lot of draws and my first loss in a long time.

All my best have players have also decided they want to play at a bigger club. Are they idiots? We're 2 1/2 months from the EPL!

It's still working pretty well for my newly promoted Wolves side. Although it's not quite as dominant. I was picked to finish 17th, I'm sitting 1st with about 15 games remaining. My lead has dwindled though from 9 points to 1. Still about 16 points clear of 3rd so hopefully I can hang on and get promoted without going into a playoff. Recently a lot of draws and my first loss in a long time.

All my best have players have also decided they want to play at a bigger club. Are they idiots? We're 2 1/2 months from the EPL!

Using SS2, whenever i get dominated i change to "much deeper defense" and then i usually score on the counter.

If the mid 3 do not play well ( at least 2 key passes per 45 min) , i always replace them even if the strikers have lower scores. When behind, i switch to "overload" regardless of how much time there is left and i usually score.

Using SS2, whenever i get dominated i change to "much deeper defense" and then i usually score on the counter.

If the mid 3 do not play well ( at least 2 key passes per 45 min) , i always replace them even if the strikers have lower scores. When behind, i switch to "overload" regardless of how much time there is left and i usually score.

Thanks. Good adjustments to try. At first I was only stuggling against some of the weaker teams (drawing games 1-1) so I tried Rainmaker v3 one time thinking I needed something more attacking. I quickly conceded two more goals and lost 3-1 so I decided that was not the solution.

As for this new mystery tactic, I'm afraid I don't have any decent wingers left (possibly one still out on loan). I may have to rebuild the squad depending on the new tactic's success.

Just a short update from my side.

Still using S&Sv2 and Rainmaker, currently with Girondins Bordeaux in Ligue1.

Expected to finish 6th according to media (after finishing 10th last year), board wants respectable league position.

Currently 4th after 12 matches.

The interesting stuff: 12 matches, 10 clean sheets. 10-4 goals overall.

Lacklustre upfront, unbeatable at the back. Yet to score or concede a goal from a corner.

What would you recommend to become more lethal up front?

Just a short update from my side.

Still using S&Sv2 and Rainmaker, currently with Girondins Bordeaux in Ligue1.

Expected to finish 6th according to media (after finishing 10th last year), board wants respectable league position.

Currently 4th after 12 matches.

The interesting stuff: 12 matches, 10 clean sheets. 10-4 goals overall.

Lacklustre upfront, unbeatable at the back. Yet to score or concede a goal from a corner.

What would you recommend to become more lethal up front?

Better strikers :) Quicker and better finishing!

Have plugged in this for my new season, having had the squad learning it for half of last season. Having just stayed up on goal difference in my first PL season (as Boston, check the S&S thread) using S&S, I've finished 5th and 6th using the Rainmaker v2 (plus tweaks). However, I've decided to switch to this, mainly because my star CM is also a star left winger - had he not been, I don't think I'd have changed - plus my star forward can also play at right wing (perfect).

Having a good pre-season, and I've noticed the vast majority of goals are from inside the penalty area. Drew 2-2 at home to Barca (went 2-0 up), and just Mullered (geddit?) Bayern 3-0 as well. Still Inter to play, before opening the season at Swansea.

Would like some info on the new tactic, formation, more results, table etc etc ;)

6 games to go on in Palace season, still safe although we did have a very sticky patch as you will see later.

Will post screenshots in an hour.:brock:

The original tactic from this thread is still working pretty well for me with my Monaco side. Won the league (lost one game all season), won the league cup and got to final of the Champion's League against Man United (battered them but conceded a free kick deep into extra time).

Good work Mr Rosler... looking forward to trying out your new tactic. :thup:

6 games to go on in Palace season, still safe although we did have a very sticky patch as you will see later.

Will post screenshots in an hour.:brock:

Good luck with the 6 games, i'm looking forward to those screenshots. Hopefully your test with one of the bigger teams will go great as well.

OK... first season in Premiership with Brighton after using Rainmaker 2 to win Champ and FA cup. Friendlies went quite well and actually managed to get both Matt Philliips and Tom Ince in. Beat Man Utd on penalties in the Community Shiled and then whopped Swansea 5-1 at home. The defence went totally awol at Blackburn and lost 2-1 before bouncing back with a 4-0 win at home against Leicester. Teams weve played are not the best but apart fromt he Blackburn blip its llking good and the tactic hasnt bedded in yet.

Tean not world beaters:

GK - Kuszczack/Henrique

DR - Trippier/Hunt/Fouqier (on loan)

DL - Chicksen/Douglas Santos

DC - Dunk/Lescott/Upson/Utvik/Greer

DMC - Battaglia/Ince/Stelvio

MC - Lopez/Orlandi/Stephens/Crofts/Forster-Caskey/Agustien

AMR - Phillips/Slitti/Monakena

AML - Ince/March

SC - Ulloa/Herrera/Dickensen

Ok, finished the season with Palace.

As usual, no transfers.

Not a massively enjoyable experience relying on the tactic to make up for being outclassed in all areas of the pitch.

Against the big boys we took a few hammerings as you would expect but we managed to beat Arsenal and get good draws with Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool twice.

But generally against the top 6 sides we struggled to stay in games.

Outside of that we were competitive in just about every match and once we got into the fellow relegation candidates we were far too strong for them most of the time.

The Table

I'm actually pretty satisfied with this, we were predicted 20th but were never in the relegation battle never being lower than 13th in the table.

TcNfr4O.png

1fXl6FM.jpg

Fixtures were pretty cruel, from 28th January we had to play, Liverpool, Everton, Man United, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham all in a row. Lost all but one of those games, was concerned morale had taken a mortal blow but as soon as the quality in of opponent dropped off a little we got back on the bike and picking up points.

dmOmk55.png

Performance vs Prediction

l3olniZ.png

Note our pre season odds were 1000-1. The next worst was 200-1.

So overall i think the tactic has passed the underdog test. i doubt you'll have a team in any division as inferior as Palace relative to the rest of the division. Even allowing for 15 point negative variance we would have finished 15th. In other words no one should ever get relegated using this tactic.

Now to see how it goes with one of the big boys...... :eek:

Ok, finished the season with Palace.

As usual, no transfers.

Not a massively enjoyable experience relying on the tactic to make up for being outclassed in all areas of the pitch.

Against the big boys we took a few hammerings as you would expect but we managed to beat Arsenal and get good draws with Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool twice.

But generally against the top 6 sides we struggled to stay in games.

Outside of that we were competitive in just about every match and once we got into the fellow relegation candidates we were far too strong for them most of the time.

The Table

I'm actually pretty satisfied with this, we were predicted 20th but were never in the relegation battle never being lower than 13th in the table.

TcNfr4O.png

1fXl6FM.jpg

Fixtures were pretty cruel, from 28th January we had to play, Liverpool, Everton, Man United, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham all in a row. Lost all but one of those games, was concerned morale had taken a mortal blow but as soon as the quality in of opponent dropped off a little we got back on the bike and picking up points.

dmOmk55.png

Performance vs Prediction

l3olniZ.png

Note our pre season odds were 1000-1. The next worst was 200-1.

So overall i think the tactic has passed the underdog test. i doubt you'll have a team in any division as inferior as Palace relative to the rest of the division. Even allowing for 15 point negative variance we would have finished 15th. In other words no one should ever get relegated using this tactic.

Now to see how it goes with one of the big boys...... :eek:

Some good results and would of been better im sure if you had bought some different players. How did Tom Ince do for you?

Some good results and would of been better im sure if you had bought some different players. How did Tom Ince do for you?

Not bad.

29 games 7 goals 3 assist ave rating 6.86.

In a struggling side that's pretty good.

Palace results look good. Looking forward to your test with a big team.

I've been using The Quickening 'A' with the one tweak you suggested in combination with S&S 2 with Chelsea. Into the 2nd half of the season, transfers turned off at the start and only bought Luke Shaw in January, and fighting it out with Man U at the top.

Can't wait to see the new formation. Thanks for all your hard work on this!

Palace results look good. Looking forward to your test with a big team.

I've been using The Quickening 'A' with the one tweak you suggested in combination with S&S 2 with Chelsea. Into the 2nd half of the season, transfers turned off at the start and only bought Luke Shaw in January, and fighting it out with Man U at the top.

Can't wait to see the new formation. Thanks for all your hard work on this!

Gonna roll with Chelsea. 90 points 90 goals is the target.

Archived