Silk & Steel - The Quickening......... exclusively for 14.3

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure..i imagine the treq would open up space but as yet not tried that combo. Only time i got a shadow striker performing was behind 2 complete forwards with roaming. Your combo looks like it would be more consistent..plus a dlf will close down whereas the treq does nothing defensively

I would leave the DLF/SS with no instructions. The default options built in by SI are very good already in the attackers.

Ok, thx a lot! I've started the pre-season already in the meantime and it's going very good atm. Keep you posted about the results (will be tomorrow as the mrs. coming home from work and FM + a woman = impossible combination. :(

I will give it a go with my Internazionale save, I ended up second 4 times in a row behind Juve which had almost perfect season each time (1 loss in 16-17 against me..). I will keep you update about how it goes. Still wondering which one of my players I will retrain to SS. Maybe Belfodil, what do you think?

All my hopes are in this tactic to finally beat Juve !

I havent touched your tactic since you put it up sat night and in the league with brighton weve won every games p8 w8 in all competitions. Cant complain with that. Perhaps no more tinkering is really needed? I have bought players in but all loans or frees and the only 'name' is Vellios on loan.

I havent touched your tactic since you put it up sat night and in the league with brighton weve won every games p8 w8 in all competitions. Cant complain with that. Perhaps no more tinkering is really needed? I have bought players in but all loans or frees and the only 'name' is Vellios on loan.

Tube v2 is very close to what is to become the underdog tactic.

When you use it with big teams it has similar tendencies as silk & steel. Pretty good, long unbeaten runs with too many draws for a top team.

Working on the more attacking tactic now for top teams and when you are strong favourites, looking good already, just fine tuning the front roles,

I'm gonna do a bit on this on the player roles but DONT BE AFRAID TO RE-TRAIN PLAYERS.

Its works great on FM14, the only 'hit' you take is on the decisions attribute until they are 'accomplished'. So look at players attributes and judge based on them. Strikers to AMR/AML, AMC to MC etc.

Just had a quick look through this thread, and i didn't see anything, but are you still working on the player roles? For both The quickening and Tube V2? I found them a great help with your original tactics and still use them managing my Grasshoppers team.

Just had a quick look through this thread, and i didn't see anything, but are you still working on the player roles? I found them a great help with your original tactics and still use them managing my Grasshoppers team.

Yeah, definately will do.

Just finalizing my 14,3 tactics set (home - away) etc.

Once I'm happy I'll put them up in a new thread,

They will be pretty important in the new tactics.

Yeah, definately will do.

Just finalizing my 14,3 tactics set (home - away) etc.

Once I'm happy I'll put them up in a new thread,

They will be pretty important in the new tactics.

Ah brilliant! :) Still use the filters you made, havent used anyone else's tactics but yours since Fulcrum V1. Must say I'm thoroughly impressed and one mans grasp on it all (With everybody who has helped out as well)

Tube v2 is very close to what is to become the underdog tactic.

When you use it with big teams it has similar tendencies as silk & steel. Pretty good, long unbeaten runs with too many draws for a top team.

Working on the more attacking tactic now for top teams and when you are strong favourites, looking good already, just fine tuning the front roles,

You mean you are going to have a MORE attacking tactic?

I wait with bated breath....

Ah brilliant! :) Still use the filters you made, havent used anyone else's tactics but yours since Fulcrum V1. Must say I'm thoroughly impressed and one mans grasp on it all (With everybody who has helped out as well)

Thanks, you been managing Grasshoppers all this time!

Yeah, but i have taken a small 2 month hiatus, but just getting back into my save now, i have the domestic league pretty much tied down, unless Basel turn up some times, now just trying to crack the Champions League. But Grasshoppers are rapidly becoming a team i check results for.

Unfortunately... Tube v2 is horrific mate. Just done a test with Forest (at home) against Reading.... drew 1 lost 3 and concede 2-3 goals per match.

Your version 1 is a better tactic mate - Version 2 is horrendous. I'd work on V1 and see where you go, it's far more solid :)

Unfortunately... Tube v2 is horrific mate. Just done a test with Forest (at home) against Reading.... drew 1 lost 3 and concede 2-3 goals per match.

Your version 1 is a better tactic mate - Version 2 is horrendous. I'd work on V1 and see where you go, it's far more solid :)

With respect I don't think you can judge any tactic after 4 games. Please test it over at least half a season before claiming it is "horrendous".

Saving shortly before kick off and replaying the same game over and over again is going to yield a similar result most of the time. A lot of information has already been set at this point to throw into the match engine, form, morale, pressure etc. plus it sounds like you only played this 1 game with the tactic so it cant be very fluid.

Ian White a few posts up tested both for 10 games and got very different results. Even 10 games is a small sample.

But thanks for the feedback and glad you like v1 :thup:

I have been testing The Tube and The Tube V2 (with right cm on attack) over the same 10 games. Both tactics on Attacking movement. This has been with Weymouth in League One. Below are the results

The Tube

Played - 10, Won - 4, Drew - 4, Lost - 2, For - 13, Against - 7, Points - 16

The Tube V2 (Right CM on Attack)

Played - 10, Won - 8, Drew - 0, Lost - 2, For - 17, Against - 6, Points - 24

I am currently running another test with V2 on Defensive Positioning.

Then I will try S & S V2 on the same ten games.

OK finish the test on the other two.

The Tube V2 (Right CM on attack & Match training on Def Positioning)

Played - 10, Won - 6, Drew - 2, Lost - 2, For - 15, Against - 9, Points - 20

Silk & Steel V2 (Match Training on Def Positioning)

Played - 10, Won - 7, Drew - 0, Lost - 3, For - 19, Against - 11, Points - 21

So I am carrying on my Weymouth save now with Tube V2 (Attacking Movement) for home games and huge favourites away and Silk & Steel V2 for underdog odds.

Have been using Tube V2 with great results so far with my Man Utd team. Played 24 games so far and W 20 D 3 L 1. Scoring 2,3 goals and game and hardly conceding any. Must say its is the best formation I have found to use so far. Only changes I have made is that play flat back 3 rather than sweeper and put right CM to attack. My wing backs create and score goals and have both strikers as F9 - the success of these depends on who is playing - have found Welbeck and Mata score lots and Rooney and Van Persie not so much. Also play my wingers as wing backs some times which helps the quality of attacking play. All said though I am very happy with this tactic

OK, settled on the set up for the attacking/home tactic.

Basically looking for a 'flat track bully'. "you put out a weaker team than me and i'll smash you for it"

That's what we've got.

ijqhlIf.png

Note the only games i've lost have been to top opposition...... and guess what...... i would have used the other tactic for those games.

The tactic is decisive, 0 draws all season. better to lose the odd game than draw loads.

I'm just about averaging 3 goals a game which i've been after for a while. Hopeful I can get to 100 league goals which would be nice.

The main point is this, we want our 'Attacking Tactic' to accentuate the 'attribute gap' so when we are favourites our better players are able to show this in the match engine.

We want the reverse effect when we are underdogs, we want to close the 'attribute gap' so we drag stronger teams down to our level and we can compete.

I am still having phenomenal results with SS2. As a NEWLY PROMOTED team in the Romanian First League, i won the title with 9 or 10 points in the bag most scored goals least conceded.

Also managed top reach 2nd knock round out of the Europa League, where i lost to Arsenal, but finished first in a group with Leverkusen, Kharkov and Panathinaikos coming straight from the SECOND LEAGUE.

Mr. R, if the tactic set you are working on is not providing the expected results, give SS2 another whirl as it has the potential to be a "DIABLO":)))))

EL.png

Can't wait for the 'Attacking tactic'. Winning game after game where the odds are tight, even beating my title rivals away, using S&S, then I inevitably lose 3 or 4 games a season, even at home, 1-0 to relegation battlers. And there's seemingly nothing I can do in-match to change it. (In the meantime if anyone has any ideas on turning around a ridiculous yet horribly predictable 1-0 deficit against far worse teams, fire away!)

Can't wait for the 'Attacking tactic'. Winning game after game where the odds are tight, even beating my title rivals away, using S&S, then I inevitably lose 3 or 4 games a season, even at home, 1-0 to relegation battlers. And there's seemingly nothing I can do in-match to change it. (In the meantime if anyone has any ideas on turning around a ridiculous yet horribly predictable 1-0 deficit against far worse teams, fire away!)

Using SS2, if i am favorite to win, home or away, i start with Attacking and Aggressive Team Talk " I expect a win". if i go behind, i imediatelly switch to "overload" and remove "retain possession".

Hope this helps.

I found the SS/F9 combination in your Rainmaker 3 to be pretty effective (SS getting more goals than the F9)

Same for me. Going for my 2nd Serie A b2b title, with a media prediction of 9th and 6th in the last two years. Did not do well in the cups this season, but that's on me. ;)

Have been following the threads, but the combination of RainmakerV3 when favourite and S&Sv2 when underdog keeps working very well for me. I will not make the switch until the feedback on the thread is VERY solid and consistent.

Just as a reminder, my Rainmaker v3 has an Anchor instead of Regista. My S&Sv2 has no Retain Possession.

I'd recommend Rosler to revisit v3+anchor in one of the "Chelsea tests". I'd gladly do it, but my ratio of 'matches player per week is quite low'. :(

I'm sticking with the 1st tube tactic you listed. From struggling with Liverpool, I'm now dominating, it really turned things around for me.

Won the League cup, FA cup and premiership with this tactic.

Prior to that is was getting thumped 5-0 by Everton etc

I'm winning very well with it as well, 3-0 is a pretty standard score for me with this tactic now.

Very happy - thanks

G

Same for me. Going for my 2nd Serie A b2b title, with a media prediction of 9th and 6th in the last two years. Did not do well in the cups this season, but that's on me. ;)

Have been following the threads, but the combination of RainmakerV3 when favourite and S&Sv2 when underdog keeps working very well for me. I will not make the switch until the feedback on the thread is VERY solid and consistent.

Just as a reminder, my Rainmaker v3 has an Anchor instead of Regista. My S&Sv2 has no Retain Possession.

I'd recommend Rosler to revisit v3+anchor in one of the "Chelsea tests". I'd gladly do it, but my ratio of 'matches player per week is quite low'. :(

I used the Rainmaker V3 with the tweaks you described for a whole season with the Rangers. We promoted from League One with 101 Points (W33 D2 L1), 95 goals, 16 conceded. We won the Ramsden Cup and the William Hill Scottish Cup with a 2:0 win in the Final against Celtic. Fraser Aird scored as the SS 32 goals in the League, 42 in 43 games at all. I can recommend the Rainmaker V3 with the Tweaks, it works really fine for me. But it's a shame that we aren't allowed to enter the EuropaLeague next season.

Am I getting confused here? I thought that the Rainmaker v3 and all the other tactics/formations were devised by Mr Rosler. However, I see that Pipoli has made mention of ' my Rainmaker v3'. Would Pipoli and or Mr Rosler enlighten me as to who made what, please?

Am I getting confused here? I thought that the Rainmaker v3 and all the other tactics/formations were devised by Mr Rosler. However, I see that Pipoli has made mention of ' my Rainmaker v3'. Would Pipoli and or Mr Rosler enlighten me as to who made what, please?

I believe that Pipoli is referring to his slightly tweaked version of Rosler's Rainmaker v3 tactic, exchanging the regusta for an anchorman.

In much the same way that for example sopmeone can take someone elses song and remix it to create another variably different song.

I believe that Pipoli is referring to his slightly tweaked version of Rosler's Rainmaker v3 tactic, exchanging the regusta for an anchorman.

In much the same way that for example sopmeone can take someone elses song and remix it to create another variably different song.

Exactly this.

People can obviously adapt any of my tactics to suit there needs.

When posting results it also makes sense to mention any changes you made.

That's all he was doing :-)

I am currently in my 4th premier league season as Hartlepool :applause:, improving squad quality has been a nightmare and sometimes feels like 1 step forward 2 steps back.

media prediction has me 13th 150-1, what tactics should i be using when? Tube v2? or the quickening - balanced 'a' or one at home or one when away?

I mentally write off games when i play Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U or Man C because regardless of there form, players and league position they attack and seemingly score at will.

Using SS2, if i am favorite to win, home or away, i start with Attacking and Aggressive Team Talk " I expect a win". if i go behind, i imediatelly switch to "overload" and remove "retain possession".

Giving this a go now, thanks Cipriang. Is it worth saving this as a formation so the players train it?

I am currently in my 4th premier league season as Hartlepool :applause:, improving squad quality has been a nightmare and sometimes feels like 1 step forward 2 steps back.

media prediction has me 13th 150-1, what tactics should i be using when? Tube v2? or the quickening - balanced 'a' or one at home or one when away?

I mentally write off games when i play Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U or Man C because regardless of there form, players and league position they attack and seemingly score at will.

I would use Tube v2. I had palace going really well with this.

I've switched from 2 x Treq to a DLF and a SS behind, has anybody else had any success with this set up? or did you stick with 2 x Treq?

I ended up DLF/s and AMC/a. Both been scoring/assisting consistently.

S&S v2 still works well if your team is built for it. My Wolves squad was picked to finish 17th in the Championship. Won the league by 8 points. There were a lot of nervy 1 goal wins but they were wins none the less.

any further update on the second tactic?

12 games left in Chelsea season. Still motoring, still very happy with tactic.

Then tube v2 will become the 'away', underdog tactic with altered front line and moving the sweeper.

Then I'll put them up on a new thread.

A comfortable league win with Chelsea using the attacking tactic and a top 10 finish with Palace using the underdog tactic and I'll be happy we have all the basis covered.

Used together in tandem should be excellent.

Quick Q: has the Tube v2 download link been updated with tweaks?

No, will save that for final release.

If you want to get a headstart you can change the x2 Treq's to DLF/s and AMC/a (in vertical line).

Still working on the best place to move the sweeper too.

Mr U Rosler, when I move the sweeper into the third DC position do I need to change his instructions, or not? That's really the last time I'll bother you with a question, promised!

Not sure 3 CB's are the solution. They still have this weird 'splitting' behavior, mainly when playing out from the back. The 2 wide CB's move almost to the touchline leaving 1 on his own in middle. No, joke, I had on of the split CB's get caught in possession leaving 3 against 1 on my central CB.

I've got a couple other options I want to try before committing.

This only applies to the 'away' tactic. The formation for the home tactic is sorted.

If you want to try 3 CB's. Just put short passing on them all and set the central 1 onto cover duty.

Not sure 3 CB's are the solution. They still have this weird 'splitting' behavior, mainly when playing out from the back. The 2 wide CB's move almost to the touchline leaving 1 on his own in middle. No, joke, I had on of the split CB's get caught in possession leaving 3 against 1 on my central CB.

I've got a couple other options I want to try before committing.

This only applies to the 'away' tactic. The formation for the home tactic is sorted.

If you want to try 3 CB's. Just put short passing on them all and set the central 1 onto cover duty.

Ok, thx a lot, I'll give it a try but when I see it isn't going the right way I move back to the sweeper.

Apologies to anyone confused as to which tactic to use.

I will have finished my final home and away tactics for 14.3 in a couple of days.

Once I've put them up in their own thread I'm going to put all my legacy tactics in one place with details of how/when to use them etc.

There are combinations of tactics in here which work excellent in tandem and I know a lot of people still use them. Silk & Steel v2 with Rainmaker v3 for example.

All will become clear :-)

Unbelievable. I've got sacked at Carlisle after only 10 matches... :( 1 win, 6 draws and 3 losses. Isn't that a bit harsh? :(

Tactic was nearly fluid, a lot of key-players injured, I needed to play 3-4 youngsters every game. Got qualified for the second round of the League Cup after eliminating Burnley at their place, second round I've lost against Everton at home, 1-2.

Got through to the 3rd round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

And those silly basterds sack me after my away game at Rochdale (Johnstone's) where I won on penalties?

Unbelievable. I've got sacked at Carlisle after only 10 matches... :( 1 win, 6 draws and 3 losses. Isn't that a bit harsh? :(

Tactic was nearly fluid, a lot of key-players injured, I needed to play 3-4 youngsters every game. Got qualified for the second round of the League Cup after eliminating Burnley at their place, second round I've lost against Everton at home, 1-2.

Got through to the 3rd round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

And those silly basterds sack me after my away game at Rochdale (Johnstone's) where I won on penalties?

Silly game it is. Really, this patch's rotten to the core.

Which tactic?? I'm guessing the tube v2 and you're a pretty strong team in your division?

Those results are reflective of a strong team using a tactic too defence focussed. Too many draws.

Not your fault, i haven't put the attacking one up yet :(

using rainmaker v3 with pipoli tweaks i had an amazing season won the prem by 21 points, won the fa cup, comm shield and CL. Mitrovic was my top scorer with 45, Draxler who was my AMCR for most of the season got 30 in 41 games here are some of the links to my success

PnIQwwO.jpg6VOAF4A.jpgCttQWGu.jpgWspIAFL.jpgw21WY4V.jpg6VOAF4A.jpg

hUkReDe.jpg

Archived