Silk & Steel - The Quickening......... exclusively for 14.3

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the secret to getting the very most out of the game lies right here.

Pick a tactic you like with some record of success, doesn't have to be one of mine, and build a dynasty around it over a number of years, picking up that 16 year old you know, with the right guidance, will become an absolute MONSTER in one of our roles.

Before you know it you have a team of 11 monsters you have built and we can all go on 82 game unbeaten runs and put 14.3 well and truly to the Sword.

In fact I think I'm going to do just that..... with Palace.

It can be done quicker than you think... this is a mix of all three tactics with Palace after my second season...

seasonoverview_zps63ffdb39.jpg squaddepth_zpsf2ff3b92.jpg

A very weird season though, Man U won the Champions league and Stoke... well i think SI have an inflated view of Mark Hughes ability but hey... pipping them to 3rd in the last game was amazing and I suppose if i can do it with Palace then...

I think i made some special signings... snodgrass for £2mill was a star, Vydra was free as was Barry and Gianniotas my big start of the season signings were Caulker from a relegated Cardiff, Hughes from relegated Derby (how they got relegated from the Champ with their squad i have no idea) Ryan Gauld from Dundee has been a revalation... my sale of Henessey to tottenham funded a lot of my purchases, same as Puncheon and offloading some dead-wood... Moody has been great at selling for me.

Rosler - how did your season go with Chelsea?

Not finished yet as the Mrs is making some pretty unreasonable demands on my time........ She wants me to talk to her and stuff.......,,,

But well on track for 90 points/90 goals which was my target.

Only issue is Man U having a monster season, hardly dropping any points, think I catch them in the end.

Seen enough of the tactic though, playing great stuff, occasionally get shafted by luck/the ME but it's not often.

In this game I'm learning you can't blame everything on tactics.

Think you guys will be pretty happy with it :-)

Any idea on release date?

I need a tactic to save my season and keep me up with US Colomiers

none of the tactics on fm base are working,I'm starting to wonder is it my signings or are the tactics just not working,have a few decent players aswell

In this game I'm learning you can't blame everything on tactics.

I totally agree, again :)

In order to consistently get results, it's probably something like 50% tactics and 50% squad/man management.

Neglect either one and you will not get good results.

I agree with Rosler about careers. Ive just finished two career with Silk and Steel v2 and Rainmaker which were very fulfilling EXCEOT Ive always wanted to play with wingers.... so hanging on with bated breath to first turn Brighton into world beaters and then the ultimate challenge... back down to lil ol Whitehawk....

Any idea on release date?

I need a tactic to save my season and keep me up with US Colomiers

none of the tactics on fm base are working,I'm starting to wonder is it my signings or are the tactics just not working,have a few decent players aswell

Tomorrow morning at the latest.

Hi there! first of all thank you for this tactic, just a question, should i use this one for my new game with Bolton 14.3 or SILK & STEEL V2??

Thnaks in advance and keep it up :applause:

The idea is that the new tactic would be a good starting tactic for teams of all levels.

However, might not be a bad idea to have S&S v2 on the back burner to protect leads if you are of a nervous disposition.

The new tactic is much more attacking than S&S, a lot of the defensive work is done quite high up the pitch so it can look scary, although the defensive record is very good even with the Norwich game.

The idea is that the new tactic would be a good starting tactic for teams of all levels.

However, might not be a bad idea to have S&S v2 on the back burner to protect leads if you are of a nervous disposition.

The new tactic is much more attacking than S&S, a lot of the defensive work is done quite high up the pitch so it can look scary, although the defensive record is very good even with the Norwich game.

How's the possession with the new tactic? Still want to see this formation so I know what i'm doing. Got a Sparta Prague game on the go and they have some really decent players, hoping this will fit ok?

I guess you can show/tell us the formation now Rosler? Want to find out so I know what players to buy?

Don't want to now mainly because I'd have a bit of explaining to do ;-)

I wouldn't stress, if you have a good balance of def/mid/att you'll be fine, Retraining is a great option if you need to.

I will say this is not a 'bog standard' 4231 (it's not 4231 at all) In my brief flick around the forums I've not seen a set up like this, yet when you look at it, it seems a solid and logical approach.

60% attack - 40% defence. Which I think is the right balance on 14.3 which does not reward defensive set ups.

I wouldn't stress, if you have a good balance of def/mid/att you'll be fine, Retraining is a great option if you need to.

I will say this is not a 'bog standard' 4231 (it's not 4231 at all) In my brief flick around the forums I've not seen a set up like this, yet when you look at it, it seems a solid and logical approach.

60% attack - 40% defence. Which I think is the right balance on 14.3 which does not reward defensive set ups.

Well good luck with it. I hope it's not some funny formation, like 2 centre backs with pushed up wingbacks and forwards on the left and right!

This is the best time to release a tactic, more people off playing FM at the weekend than through the week, so you would get more feedback.

The thing annoying me is that Im ready to go but suppose that if I start with the original tactic then Ill lose effectiveness when this one comes out. Oh well... being patient.....

Well good luck with it. I hope it's not some funny formation, like 2 centre backs with pushed up wingbacks and forwards on the left and right!

This is the best time to release a tactic, more people off playing FM at the weekend than through the week, so you would get more feedback.

The formation is a tiny bit 'funky'. But rest assured every aspect of the formation is based purely on results and cold hard analysis.

If 442 was the best set up, you'd be getting 442. Not trying to be clever or original.

Also I consider the 'formation' to be a rudimentary reflection of the formation when we are in 'defensive' mode, I.e when we do not have possession of the ball.

When we are attacking team & player instructions are pulling people all over the place.

The post match 'average positions' map doesn't really resemble the 'formation' in the tactics screen.

The idea being, compact and narrow in defence, transforming into wide and expansive in attack.

The formation is a tiny bit 'funky'. But rest assured every aspect of the formation is based purely on results and cold hard analysis.

If 442 was the best set up, you'd be getting 442. Not trying to be clever or original.

Also I consider the 'formation' to be a rudimentary reflection of the formation when we are in 'defensive' mode, I.e when we do not have possession of the ball.

When we are attacking team & player instructions are pulling people all over the place.

The post match 'average positions' map doesn't really resemble the 'formation' in the tactics screen.

The idea being, compact and narrow in defence, transforming into wide and expansive in attack.

Now you are being sadistic!!! Trying to be patient....

OK,

I'm on the verge of having major domestic incident.

'She who must be obeyed' has been on the 'Lady Petrol' and as I type this I can hear knives being sharpened in the kitchen.

Another night in front of FM is gonna send her over the edge....... big time.......

So this is gonna be short and sweet, consider this a work in progress as I haven't quite finished testing with 'big' teams and i've only scratched the surface with smaller teams but i think were good to go.

I will explain fully whats going on when I have more time.

Formation (note the 2 major long term injuries to Hazard & Oscar :lol:)

F84rvzm.png

Now don't be scared, I've been conceding at under 1 goal a game and scoring nearly 3 although that is with Chelsea, with Palace that gap is much narrower but still well in our favour.

The 2 cb's, HB and CM's on Support give us a very solid spine. The wing backs bust a gut to get back and do a good job on the flanks but it is our weakness. But even when i've had FB's on defend there they've still being getting skinned so we might as well use this areas of the pitch to attack.

Attack wise, we have 2 shadow strikers being fed by a DLF supported by the wingbacks and the 2 CM's. the Wingbacks stay wide, the 2 midfielders have licence to roam from there central position 'fanning out' adding width and depths to attacks. when your playing well you will see lots of highlights where you are 'camped' in and around opponents penalty area.

WARNING - AT HOME - STRONG FAVOURITE - USE 'I EXPECT A WIN' TEAM TALK ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE ON A GOOD RUN. DONT OVER DO IT THOUGH!

I will finish my own testing and will garner opinion from here to see where we go next, if anywhere.....

TACTIC

https://www.mediafire.com/?s33bb74tumr3cga

Good luck and enjoy your Saturday night :brock:

Ummm.... going to have to get some AMs on the plus side can sell my star striker who wont sign a new contract.

Retrain Strikers to AMC. The attributes are perfect. You'll take a hit on decisions until they are accomplished but thats all. Wingers possibly too if they can finish!

Have been testing the V2 of the tactics (from page 2) with Arsenal. It looks solid, but the ME is messing with it it seems. I don't know how many times the IF's have finished from 10 yards..... blasting it to a throw in :( , also we hit the woodwork 4-5 times each match. Wasting chances like crazy. I was playing the same formation so I was fluid in everything but tempo.

Also not fond of having the DLP in DM position since there are few players with high creativity/passing that are also very good at defending. Bloody Arteta went back into the first team for this tactics :)

I found chancewasting went down a bit by adding work the ball into the box. I mostly win 1-0 or 2-1 with the tactics, even though I should score 5-6 every game when looking at the chances created.

Looks very interesting, i will put my team to train it along with two other tactics i currently use. I should have the players for it otherwise, but my LD/RD are not naturals for the WB position, but they are at least on the competent/accomplished level, so should do fine i think.

Now, go spend some time with your wife, i think everyone understand that family issues must be handled also :)

I have spent quite a lot of time playing at night as we have a few months old girl in our family and she doesn't sleep that well. So, if i have to stay up at night, might as well do something i like :)

Hmmmm very similar to my current madrid tactic except i have a cm (a) and bwm pair in mid and no striker..using ss enganche and treq in the am strata. will try this as a fallback when i need a striker for extra penetration. :) btw ball winning mids are proving to be awesome for me..arriving late to finish crosses like the roy keane of old :)

Awwwww bugger.. How am I gonna use Buckley and Lua Lua in this tactic :(

Was so looking forward to real wingers

Me too. I hoped getting a "Dutch formation".

Well, perhaps I try this tactic too.

Thanks for all your hard work though, Mr U Rossler :thup:

OK, back in action for a bit.

Rocked the Mrs to sleep like a baby, left her snoring like a trooper whilst I made my way back downstairs with some exaggerated 'sneaking' moves, Ace Ventura/Mission Impossible style, successfully avoiding all creaking stairs on the way :thup:

Didn't know about the retraining issues on 'classic', you boys gonna have to get busy in the transfer market.

Tried using BWM, watching them get sent off week in, week out with 'neck high' tackling started to wear me down so reverted back to CM's.

Gonna make inroads into my palace save now to see how it holds up.

Me too. I hoped getting a "Dutch formation".

Well, perhaps I try this tactic too.

Thanks for all your hard work though, Mr U Rossler :thup:

The wingbacks are the new wingers :brock: You can even retrain your favourites to play the Wingback role.

Just spent 30 mins looking over the Brighton starting squad again and except for Lua Lua it is retrainable and possibly workable so off to sleep now and start trying it out tomorrow.

Lua Lua as wing back? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Im not that suicidal!

Last news was that you re using attacking movement for training, yes?

And Im assuming max size pitch.

Just spent 30 mins looking over the Brighton starting squad again and except for Lua Lua it is retrainable and possibly workable so off to sleep now and start trying it out tomorrow.

Last news was that you re using attacking movement for training, yes?

And Im assuming max size pitch.

Yes and yes.

Rocked the Mrs to sleep like a baby, left her snoring like a trooper whilst I made my way back downstairs with some exaggerated 'sneaking' moves, Ace Ventura/Mission Impossible style, successfully avoiding all creaking stairs on the way :thup:

Didn't know about the retraining issues on 'classic', you boys gonna have to get busy in the transfer market.

Tried using BWM, watching them get sent off week in, week out with 'neck high' tackling started to wear me down so reverted back to CM's.

Very funny mate. Been laughing out loud at your domestic situation. Been there many times before but thankfully my Mrs is a box set addict now :)

Play Classic so retraining doesn't work unless the player has some sort of ability to play there, the player in question doesn't still can get 500k or so for him

Retraining does work in Classic: just play the player in the position you want, and he gets automatically retrained for that position.

Going to give this a go with Dorchester - just promoted to Skrill Premier and predicted to come bottom - so it should be a good test. Have a few players that can shoehorn into the necessary positions. Will keep you posted.

Yeah the murder tackles can be an issue but i seem to have been lucky so far..only m.e hates me moments have been ronaldo missing 6 out of 10 penalties :p

Will try on a Spurs save. They are going ok, 3rd in prem at mid season in season #1 but not blazing a trail by any means. And with no tactics working particularly well, so I will see if this one can get them rocking.

first two results:

Lost 1-2 vs Cardiff (H) - and we deserved to lose. Fans and chairman were furious. But first game in, so players were bound to be confused.

Won 5-1 vs Sunderland (A) - a much better performance and some potential coming through.

Could this be the first sole tactic to conquer 14.3 ME?

Retraining does work in Classic: just play the player in the position you want, and he gets automatically retrained for that position.

AFAIK only if the player is rated yellow or green tried playing my superstar WB at FB stopped after 3 games 4 penalties, 3 yellows,1 red and a ave of under 3.5.

Archived