Goodbye FM 2014

So. I've been playing the same team for three seasons now. Grooming, improving, buying and selling.

My team is at the top of my countries best league and i was about to start entering into international competitions for real.

Now suddenly, after 3 years of hard work and aquiring good players. Out of nowhere. My team starts sucking.

All my stats are good, my players are good, they are happy, they are rested.

But suddenly my team stops scoring goals, and the 2-3 chances the opposing team has leads to goals for them.

Random random random, no. Its not. Its not random when this starts happening, and it then keeps happening.

I tried going back, and i've even tried cheating.

There is something wrong with this game, there are some numbers somewhere that you cant see that affects players performance(i dont mean CP).

My players suddenly start ****ing up in their passing play, they start standing still at weird times, taking weird shots at goal. In my first 2 and a half seasons i would see up to 6-0 victories. My players have improved since then, but all i see now is 8/0/0 shots on goal from way byond the penalty field for my attackers. The only people scoring are the odd defender on a corner kick with a head.

I've given this game ample time. But its become very obvious to me that there must be a stat, thats not shown to the player even in the editor that affects performance more then all the other stats combined. I love this game. I really do. But its getting to th epoint where i am actually nerdraging about it when i play it, and thats just not funny. You have a good tactic, good players but its just not working.

I've just sat down and watched my team play a full game(normally i only watch key moments. And the enemy team(and this is true for most of my games) litterally had 2 chances on goal. One lead to a pnalty kick, they scored, the other also lead to a goal. My attackers suddenly start shooting from weird angels and forget how they have played for an entire season of nice passing play to eachother.

Say what you want, but its broken. I'm 100% sure there is something wrong

I've used it for 2 and a half years ingame and its worked perfectly so far. its also one of the most used in general if you search for tactics so no, its not the tactic. Out of nowhere my team stopped scoring.

If you are interested i'm using a 41221 tactic with focus on offensive wingers scoring the goals.

I've used it for 2 and a half years ingame and its worked perfectly so far. its also one of the most used in general if you search for tactics so no, its not the tactic. Out of nowhere my team stopped scoring.

When you say the bolded part, do you mean it's a downloaded tactic or one you created yourself? Did it happen at the start of a new season? What changed from before to after? Are teams now approaching games against you differently as a result of the domination you said you had?

Something changed, as a complete switch in team behaviour doesn't happen by accident.

So. I've been playing the same team for three seasons now. Grooming, improving, buying and selling.

My team is at the top of my countries best league and i was about to start entering into international competitions for real.

Now suddenly, after 3 years of hard work and aquiring good players. Out of nowhere. My team starts sucking.

All my stats are good, my players are good, they are happy, they are rested.

But suddenly my team stops scoring goals, and the 2-3 chances the opposing team has leads to goals for them.

Random random random, no. Its not. Its not random when this starts happening, and it then keeps happening.

I tried going back, and i've even tried cheating.

There is something wrong with this game, there are some numbers somewhere that you cant see that affects players performance(i dont mean CP).

My players suddenly start ****ing up in their passing play, they start standing still at weird times, taking weird shots at goal. In my first 2 and a half seasons i would see up to 6-0 victories. My players have improved since then, but all i see now is 8/0/0 shots on goal from way byond the penalty field for my attackers. The only people scoring are the odd defender on a corner kick with a head.

I've given this game ample time. But its become very obvious to me that there must be a stat, thats not shown to the player even in the editor that affects performance more then all the other stats combined. I love this game. I really do. But its getting to th epoint where i am actually nerdraging about it when i play it, and thats just not funny. You have a good tactic, good players but its just not working.

I've just sat down and watched my team play a full game(normally i only watch key moments. And the enemy team(and this is true for most of my games) litterally had 2 chances on goal. One lead to a pnalty kick, they scored, the other also lead to a goal. My attackers suddenly start shooting from weird angels and forget how they have played for an entire season of nice passing play to eachother.

Say what you want, but its broken. I'm 100% sure there is something wrong

Thats exactly what I like about FM.

Not a too easy challenge, always changing especially when you thought youre on top of the game.

The game forces you to constantly react, to DO something.

Perfect.

When you say the bolded part, do you mean it's a downloaded tactic or one you created yourself? Did it happen at the start of a new season? What changed from before to after? Are teams now approaching games against you differently as a result of the domination you said you had?

Something changed, as a complete switch in team behaviour doesn't happen by accident.

I made it myself from the ground by looking at what worked for other people and so on. I havent downloaded anything. It happened mid season 3 just as the Euro Cup was about to start(it actually started right at the seeding matches for the Euro Cup). After loosing 2-1 away vs in a euro cup qualifier i completely stopped scoring goals in my home league. I've litteraly won every single home match of this season, and then i get three in a row against mid ranked teams in my league where i actually loose due to scoring only a single goal from a defender header on a corner kick. And the teams happiness was mostly still Super. It happened right after coming back from a 13 day break where some of my players where doing good for my national team

It's not downloaded. It's just the most broken tactic in terms of the ME coping with it. Especially in FML, it was the way to go if you wanted to stand a chance.

And FM14 hasn't fixed it in the most part to be fair. So it shouldn't be the tactic as long as he has the player. You really can't go wrong with that formation.

Thats exactly what I like about FM.

Not a too easy challenge, always changing especially when you thought youre on top of the game.

The game forces you to constantly react, to DO something.

Perfect.

Except that doesnt make sense in football. Most modern day teams make very small changes from match to match in their own league and the opponents know their tactics very well.

Except that doesnt make sense in football. Most modern day teams make very small changes from match to match in their own league and the opponents know their tactics very well.

Ah! Now we re talking.

I didnt know you were involved staff in professional football to have an insight like that?

Ah! Now we re talking.

I didnt know you were involved staff in professional football?

Please stop derailing this. I never said i was a staff member of a football team in real life, and i am not. I do watch a lot of football and i do actually see on the pitch what formations they are using. Thats quite easy to do you know

Please stop derailing this. I never said i was a staff member of a football team in real life, and i am not. I do watch a lot of football and i do actually see on the pitch what formations they are using. Thats quite easy to do you know

I see. It seems seeing what formations they are using is enough for you to see they didnt change any other things.

Well, enough of my 2 cents, I will stop "derailing" now.

Managers irl have to change / alter / improve their tactics every season to stay successful.

You say you are using the same tactics that previously brought you success. Maybe that's where you are going wrong. Have you brought new players into the team and failed to adjust your tactics, both team and player?

Pep Guardiola is often thought of as one of the better managers in world football (rightly or wrongly) and he made significant changes game to game, whether they were noticeable or not. Ferguson had a main approach in the glory days - direct, relentless, attacking play - but when he came up against the more difficult sides, he would have a much different approach. Every good manager reacts.

I made it myself from the ground by looking at what worked for other people and so on. I havent downloaded anything. It happened mid season 3 just as the Euro Cup was about to start(it actually started right at the seeding matches for the Euro Cup). After loosing 2-1 away vs in a euro cup qualifier i completely stopped scoring goals in my home league. I've litteraly won every single home match of this season, and then i get three in a row against mid ranked teams in my league where i actually loose due to scoring only a single goal from a defender header on a corner kick. And the teams happiness was mostly still Super. It happened right after coming back from a 13 day break where some of my players where doing good for my national team

Thinking of it purely theoretically, it could be something as simple as the first match in that sequence just being "one of those days" and then the following games just snowballing. Obviously that's not something you can check later in the save, but maybe morale took that little dip following the first game that caused a mistake in the second game, which caused a bigger one in the 2rd...etc etc

Happee. Do you mind if I make a serious suggestion? If you are not enjoying the game, just don't play it. By all means go back and play a game from an old series, (or something completely different), but coming on here complaining is sort of a waste of your time.

I got relegated a few seasons ago and I won 1 game and drew 1 other the whole season. Every little thing I tried just didn't work and we were getting battered. In hindsight I put it down to me performing way above expectations and getting promoted luckily through the playoffs the previous season, but the reality was I just wasn;t good enough. I hated the season and even went on holiday at times, (how do you think we managed to win 1 game, lol).

The point I am trying to make is that it is a game and you should enjoy it, (win, lose or draw). If you are not enjoying it then maybe it's time to do something else.

I see. It seems seeing what formations they are using is enough for you to see they didnt change any other things.

Well, enough of my 2 cents, I will stop "derailing" now.

You are quite obviously trollbaiting and i have reproted you for it. But i'l answer anyway. The formation stays the same most of the time, i do change small things from match to match as specific player instructions. I did say from the start that they do change small things(actually read what i write) and so do i. I change specific player instructions based on the match.

The fact is that this worked for 2,5 years and suddenly mid season stopped working.

"Managers irl have to change / alter / improve their tactics every season to stay successful."

No. They dont. At least not in my home league. Obviously they change small things, and when they get new players they change formations based on that. but i specificly buy players to boost that formation because i know it works.

Thinking of it purely theoretically, it could be something as simple as the first match in that sequence just being "one of those days" and then the following games just snowballing. Obviously that's not something you can check later in the save, but maybe morale took that little dip following the first game that caused a mistake in the second game, which caused a bigger one in the 2rd...etc etc

See this makes sense. And is the exact thing i am complaining about. My players are happy. They are rested, and very happy. Leading be to believe that if this snowballing has occoured there must be stats what we cant see that makes the nunhappy or having a bad day or so forth.

I've had similar experiences. It hasn't been to the point were I wanted to stop playing, but definitely hair-pulling time and me not understanding what's going on.

The latest example was me managing Sporting CP. First season was great. Didn't have the best squad, but did rather well and my young strikers were scoring freely. Finished 2nd in the league a point behind Porto, which means CL-footy. Finances were very tight first season, but I sold some key players for a lot of money and replaced them with cheaper, but better players (Valdez for Rui Patricio, Corchia for Soares, etc, and used the profit to strengthen all areas in depth).

In the 2nd season all my strikers suddenly go from goal drought to goal drought. They play 5-15 games without scoring, then score freely for a game or two then go on another goal drought run. Thanks to good tactics and a great defence and goalkeeper I do alright, but most wins are scaps of 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 where I dominate but don't capitalize on it against what is generally very poor teams.

I get through to the first knockout stages of the CL but get beat by Bayern 4-3 on agg. Next match I win 9-1. Then 6-0. And it just keeps on going from there. For some reason my strikers are now goal drought free, I'm scoring from set pieces and again and I'm back to playing without an elephant on my back. This made me think it's related to pressure. Perhaps aided by too many signings and a rather young squad. But exiting the CL was definitely a catalyst for improving the results in the league.

You are quite obviously trollbaiting and i have reproted you for it. But i'l answer anyway. The formation stays the same most of the time, i do change small things from match to match as specific player instructions. I did say from the start that they do change small things(actually read what i write) and so do i. I change specific player instructions based on the match.

The fact is that this worked for 2,5 years and suddenly mid season stopped working.

"Managers irl have to change / alter / improve their tactics every season to stay successful."

No. They dont. At least not in my home league. Obviously they change small things, and when they get new players they change formations based on that. but i specificly buy players to boost that formation because i know it works.

For him to be "trollbaiting", you'd have to be a troll, wouldn't you?

You say you buy players to fit your formation because it works, but assume you meant that they fit the entire tactical set-up, right? So not just buying an AML, to go at AML, but buying one that fits exactly into whatever role you use for that AML? Or are you changing the role when you change the player?

Happee. Do you mind if I make a serious suggestion? If you are not enjoying the game, just don't play it. By all means go back and play a game from an old series, (or something completely different), but coming on here complaining is sort of a waste of your time.

I got relegated a few seasons ago and I won 1 game and drew 1 other the whole season. Every little thing I tried just didn't work and we were getting battered. In hindsight I put it down to me performing way above expectations and getting promoted luckily through the playoffs the previous season, but the reality was I just wasn;t good enough. I hated the season and even went on holiday at times, (how do you think we managed to win 1 game, lol).

The point I am trying to make is that it is a game and you should enjoy it, (win, lose or draw). If you are not enjoying it then maybe it's time to do something else.

Well thats pretty much exactly what i am doing(hence the thread title). But i am sad of doing it as i actually like the game.

Random has never been my thing in games(a little bit is needed, too much ruins the game). I think they got the formula wrong for this one.

For him to be "trollbaiting", you'd have to be a troll, wouldn't you?

You say you buy players to fit your formation because it works, but assume you meant that they fit the entire tactical set-up, right? So not just buying an AML, to go at AML, but buying one that fits exactly into whatever role you use for that AML? Or are you changing the role when you change the player?

No i wouldnt actually since i didnt take the bait and started flaming him. And yes, i'm not completely new to the game i am not just buying the most expensive player listed at left winger

No i wouldnt actually since i didnt take the bait and started flaming him. And yes, i'm not completely new to the game i am not just buying the most expensive player listed at left winger

No need for the uppity-ness, I was asking a question to try and understand the situation, not insinuating anything about your signing policy.

I've had similar experiences. It hasn't been to the point were I wanted to stop playing, but definitely hair-pulling time and me not understanding what's going on.

The latest example was me managing Sporting CP. First season was great. Didn't have the best squad, but did rather well and my young strikers were scoring freely. Finished 2nd in the league a point behind Porto, which means CL-footy. Finances were very tight first season, but I sold some key players for a lot of money and replaced them with cheaper, but better players (Valdez for Rui Patricio, Corchia for Soares, etc, and used the profit to strengthen all areas in depth).

In the 2nd season all my strikers suddenly go from goal drought to goal drought. They play 5-15 games without scoring, then score freely for a game or two then go on another goal drought run. Thanks to good tactics and a great defence and goalkeeper I do alright, but most wins are scaps of 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 where I dominate but don't capitalize on it against what is generally very poor teams.

I get through to the first knockout stages of the CL but get beat by Bayern 4-3 on agg. Next match I win 9-1. Then 6-0. And it just keeps on going from there. For some reason my strikers are now goal drought free, I'm scoring from set pieces and again and I'm back to playing without an elephant on my back. This made me think it's related to pressure. Perhaps aided by too many signings and a rather young squad. But exiting the CL was definitely a catalyst for improving the results in the league.

This is interesting. What a lot of people here forget is that i am actually dominating the matches. I have far more posession, and i have by far the most shots on goal. As i said i frequently have more then one 8/0/0 striker(8 shots, 0 on goal, 0 goals) from way beyond the penalty area. I have tried everything i can to make them shoot less from afar but nothing seems to work for me.

Tactics and formations are different thing. Just because a team stay in the same shape on Sky Sports, the actual tactics involves would be quite different in the match. You cannot honestly believe that a manager will give the same tactical instructions against two different teams

No need for the uppity-ness, I was asking a question to try and understand the situation, not insinuating anything about your signing policy.

if you dont want me to be uppity, dont start your post with "For him to be "trollbaiting", you'd have to be a troll, wouldn't you?" :)

No i wouldnt actually since i didnt take the bait and started flaming him.

:applause: Wow. Didnt know people nowadays celebrate themselves for "not taking a troll bait" and not starting to "flame" at someone :D

Pure class, my son. Pure class.

Even the fact that you "reported" me :thup:

Tactics and formations are different thing. Just because a team stay in the same shape on Sky Sports, the actual tactics involves would be quite different in the match. You cannot honestly believe that a manager will give the same tactical instructions against two different teams

i Cant no, and i dont.

if you dont want me to be uppity, dont start your post with "For him to be "trollbaiting", you'd have to be a troll, wouldn't you?" :)

I was referring to the second half, the one answering my perfectly valid question. The first half was just responding to your ridiculously defensive "He doesn't agree with me, he must be a troll" attitude.

But anyway...

:applause: Wow. Didnt know people nowadays celebrate themselves for "not taking a troll bait" and not starting to "flame" at someone :D

Pure class, my son. Pure class.

Even the fact that you "reported" me :thup:

You keep on trollbaiting. Please leave my thread alone, its the last response i'l give you. I would like to keep the thread on topic

I was referring to the second half, the one answering my perfectly valid question. The first half was just responding to your ridiculously defensive "He doesn't agree with me, he must be a troll" attitude.

But anyway...

Try actually reading his posts, they are obviously trollbaiting, it wasnt anything to do with agreeing or not agreeing. Anyway if you have more questions about the actual thread i would be happy to answer you the same way you ask the question

Happee2, are you trying to get support for your theory that the game is 100% broken or do you want to learn about how you might improve. If the former, then we might as well close the thread now as it will become a flame war. If the latter, then post some more information about what you are doing and ask for help.

You keep on trollbaiting. Please leave my thread alone, its the last response i'l give you. I would like to keep the threat on topic

First you open a thread in which youre whining about your obviously insufficient approach to the game, blaming the game for it.

Then you get answers and explanantions why this is happening by obviously tactically/FM-wise more adept players than you are and you start bashing out at them for not agreeing with you that the game is to blame for your incompetence at it.

Go figure who really wants to respond to you in this thread from now on. And yes, go on reporting those people :D

Happee. You are really not doing yourself any favours here. You have created quite a negative thread which is always going to get this sort of response. You don't like the responses you are getting, (fair enough), so just stop reading them as you have stopped playing the game. Come on mate. just log off and do something else for half an hour.

Getting back to the game, when I go through these little periods, I try to do little experiments within the game to try and give me something to focus on. If you are conceding a certain type of goal then try to deal with 1 single aspect of that. In your case you are not scoring so maybe drop each and every single senior striker and play for a month with youth players while the seniors hammer everyone in the reserves. (What I would do is set up Reserve games against your U18's and let all these strikers score hat-tricks before they return to the senior team.

Honestly though, coming on here and bleating about it is only really going to get one type of response, (unless you are an old buggar like me of course).

Try actually reading his posts, they are obviously trollbaiting, it wasnt anything to do with agreeing or not agreeing. Anyway if you have more questions about the actual thread i would be happy to answer you the same way you ask the question

I would ask if you've met the internet before, but I'm sure with your references to "trollbaiting" and "flaming", you're well versed, but what he said was extremely mild.

Anyway, I'm done. I would say you should seek help in the tactics forum, but I suspect you'll just say that you're tactics are fine, and they don't need improving, and that it's clearly the game's fault. So I'd follow Jimbo's advice and just stop playing in that case.

Happee2, are you trying to get support for your theory that the game is 100% broken or do you want to learn about how you might improve. If the former, then we might as well close the thread now as it will become a flame war. If the latter, then post some more information about what you are doing and ask for help.

I would love to learn a way for me to improve of my team if someone could give me a valid response as to why suddenly mid season my team completely stops scoring goals. The answer (its your tactics) doesnt help me much as those tactics have flourished my team for 2 and a half seasons.

More information. Well i am playing a danish 2nd division team in our main league now. I won the main league last year with a record breaking 72 points. I am as i said using the 41221 tactic with focus on wingers. My central defenders used to be a stopper and a (normal?) central defender, but the stopper seamed to be out of place to much so i changed it to be more defensive as both my defending wingers are on offensive to offer support in the attack.

My teams approach is very attacking and fluid and i play a short passing game. I have a large focus on ball controll and offensive movement(i'm not 100% sure about the different words since i play the danish version)

Fair enough. People here all seem to think i am the one with the negative attitude towards peoples responses. I would like you all to actually look at my responses to the ones offering valid feedback(not your tactic sucks). I can see the community here is as protective of their trolls as a lot of other online communities is and i guess that is fair enough. Good luck and have fun, not that i actually tried to make it into a decent thread but only got troll responses.

Happee. If you are serious, upload a save and post the link on here. Many people will have suggestions, but I would just say listen to wwfan with an open mind. He has learned more about this series of game than a lot of us put together.

One tiny little thing from me though. Your wingers are in attack, (seemingly with your SC), so that might be leaving them just slightly isolated with 4 defenders and a DM in front of them and 2 midfielders getting swamped in the middle. Just my tuppence worth.

Happee. If you are serious, upload a save and post the link on here. Many people will have suggestions, but I would just say listen to wwfan with an open mind. He has learned more about this series of game than a lot of us put together.

One tiny little thing from me though. Your wingers are in attack, (seemingly with your SC), so that might be leaving them just slightly isolated with 4 defenders and a DM in front of them and 2 midfielders getting swamped in the middle. Just my tuppence worth.

It did spring to my mind too. What are your full backs roles? If they're up the pitch a lot, it leaves the defence exposed, so liable to concede, and could make the top of the pitch too congested and lead to lower quality chances. This will lead to more frustration, which leads to wilder shots, which leads to less goals...and so on.

Fair enough. People here all seem to think i am the one with the negative attitude towards peoples responses. I would like you all to actually look at my responses to the ones offering valid feedback(not your tactic sucks). I can see the community here is as protective of their trolls as a lot of other online communities is and i guess that is fair enough. Good luck and have fun, not that i actually tried to make it into a decent thread but only got troll responses.

You did answer some posts well, but you had just as many posts accusing people of troll-baiting. There is a very good help system in place over at the tactics forum, which you were directed to, but you don't seem to want to do that. I guess it comes down to you either want to keep playing the game, which you said you did I think, or you don't. If you do, then go to the tactics forum and open up a topic that says what you did in your second to last post, but in a bit more detail (with screenshots if you can, as it'll save a lot of describing) and you'll get some help if it's needed. If you don't want to play the game anymore, then there's no real need for the topic, as you've already seen what road that will go down.

They actually get a lot of support from my DM(who has a support duty) and my 2 wing-defenders with an offensive duty

And yes i do accuse many of trolling. I am a very straight forward person and that is why i dont often come to forums because they are filled with a lot of stuff like this. If people post in my thread i try to answer all of them even if i dont like their post much. Maybe i shouldnt, but thats just how i am

Player wins every week = Player is great at the game, no problems, it's all my tactics that I did myself, brilliant.

Player starts losing = Game is broken, sort it out developers, it's a disgrace, too many corners, unrealistic, blah blah.

It basically comes down to this. If you're happy enough to take the credit for your team being successful, grow a pair and take responsibility when things start to go pear shaped.

I would love to learn a way for me to improve of my team if someone could give me a valid response as to why suddenly mid season my team completely stops scoring goals. The answer (its your tactics) doesnt help me much as those tactics have flourished my team for 2 and a half seasons.

More information. Well i am playing a danish 2nd division team in our main league now. I won the main league last year with a record breaking 72 points. I am as i said using the 41221 tactic with focus on wingers. My central defenders used to be a stopper and a (normal?) central defender, but the stopper seamed to be out of place to much so i changed it to be more defensive as both my defending wingers are on offensive to offer support in the attack.

My teams approach is very attacking and fluid and i play a short passing game. I have a large focus on ball controll and offensive movement(i'm not 100% sure about the different words since i play the danish version)

We can give educated guesses. I suspect it is down to your reputation having risen so much that everyone packs the defence against you, meaning you can't find any space in the final third. Given you are in Denmark (a country I know well) I'd imagine the poor weather and pitch condition also bogs down an attacking, very fluid team. Please note that I have no time for any claims that the 4-1-2-2-1 is inherently better than any other shape and thus shouldn't "just fail". FM is far more nuanced than that.

Please also note, if you write "if you read what I wrote" once again, I'll close this thread. If multiple people can't understand what you are trying to say, then the fault is probably yours.

Player wins every week = Player is great at the game, no problems, it's all my tactics that I did myself, brilliant.

Player starts losing = Game is broken, sort it out developers, it's a disgrace, too many corners, unrealistic, blah blah.

It basically comes down to this. If you're happy enough to take the credit for your team being successful, grow a pair and take responsibility when things start to go pear shaped.

As you can see from my post count i dont come here to brag. i'm only here because my team compeltely broke down. I like to fiddle with things myself i start loosing, and i even load a previous savegame sometiems to try and fix things. But this time i cant find a single thing thats wrong and i dominate the matches. I just dont score and win them. If you have an explanation for that i would love to hear it. I'm not sure how i am supposed to take responsebility for this when i dont think its my tactics or formation that is the problem

When you won the league last year, were you among the favourites at the start of the season or was it a massive over-achievement from a smaller club?

Well i started as a second division team and i fought my way up into our premierleague and actually won it the first year i was in it. It was an over achievement but it wasnt luck, i was winning most matches comfortably(the danish leage isnt very good).

I might add that i am using completely generated players as to not cheat myself to go search for the best talents online

They actually get a lot of support from my DM(who has a support duty) and my 2 wing-defenders with an offensive duty

And yes i do accuse many of trolling. I am a very straight forward person and that is why i dont often come to forums because they are filled with a lot of stuff like this. If people post in my thread i try to answer all of them even if i dont like their post much. Maybe i shouldnt, but thats just how i am

Im no expert but this seems quite an unbalanced tactic.

you are playing something like this.

----GK----

DL DC DC DR

----DM----

--MC MC--

AML---- AMR

----SC----

Both your wingers are in attack instruction.

Strangely enough both your full-backs are also on attack instruction.

You might get away with this if your DM was on defend and he could just drop in and make a 3, but you have already said he is on support.

What role have you given your SC?

I play a similar style but I have a support TM.

My full backs are on support rather than defend.

My DM is on defend.

As wwfan suggested though, maybe you are no paying the price for your previous success. Rather than just attack this little team that have just got promoted, they are defending and you are finding it hard to break down.

Like I said I am far from an expert, but i would say that there are significant issues with the make up of your tactic. You can either just ignore me and say that you were winning before, but the reality is that you are not winning now. You were winning at a lower level and it's possible that you have been over-performing. Now though you are not and you need to do something about it.

If you have an explanation for that i would love to hear it.

So go to the tactics forum, and get that explanation. Seriously, if you actually want an explanation, you'll get it there.

Im no expert but this seems quite an unbalanced tactic.

you are playing something like this.

----GK----

DL DC DC DR

----DM----

--MC MC--

AML---- AMR

----SC----

Both your wingers are in attack instruction.

Strangely enough both your full-backs are also on attack instruction.

You might get away with this if your DM was on defend and he could just drop in and make a 3, but you have already said he is on support.

What role have you given your SC?

I play a similar style but I have a support TM.

My full backs are on support rather than defend.

My DM is on defend.

Like I said I am far from an expert, but i would say that there are significant issues with the make up of your tactic. You can either just ignore me and say that you were winning before, but the reality is that you are not winning now. You were winning at a lower level and it's possible that you have been over-performing. Now though you are not and you need to do something about it.

And I imagine it'll be along these lines. If your full backs are on attack, then that's a suicidal tactic. It's taken a while to get caught out, but seems you are now. Need to change to more conservative roles. If he's right of course.

Archived