FM13 Arsenal Thread - Victoria Concordia Crescit

llama3

Johan Cruyff is a great assistant manager that you can get from the start!

They use the Dutch spelling of his name in the game though, so he's easy to miss, I think it's Cruijff :)

think he has retired on new patch

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cheers Gary . so do you change the roles up front depending who plays there? , Giroud makes a good DLF.

Giroud is a fantastic DLF. Podolski normally plays as an AF (A) to assist but i'm not entirely comfortable with that, though he's scored 14 times this season he's dropped out of some games very easily and doesn't get involved as much as i'd like him. I'm considering Theo there, Podolski on the left, Santi on the right, see how that goes.

Looking for a new left back. Gibbs is good but made of paper and Monreal isn't consistent enough. I'm looking at Digne and Shaw.

Podolski is a bit inconsistent irl , dont think you would get any better no matter what you do with him.

Very true, I always thought he'd be the perfect Arsenal player, even before he moved to Bayern in his career he always looked like another Van Persie, great talent. He's been good but limited IRL.

However in the game, he'll do until Maupay becomes more established or I find the perfect replacement.

By the way, check out the Brazilian striker on loan at Botafogo from Macae in Brazil. He's expensive but looks excellent. Name totally escapes me now though. (I'm at work) haha.

Giroud is a fantastic DLF. Podolski normally plays as an AF (A) to assist but i'm not entirely comfortable with that, though he's scored 14 times this season he's dropped out of some games very easily and doesn't get involved as much as i'd like him. I'm considering Theo there, Podolski on the left, Santi on the right, see how that goes.

Looking for a new left back. Gibbs is good but made of paper and Monreal isn't consistent enough. I'm looking at Digne and Shaw.

I found exactly the same with Gibbs & Monreal man, ended up getting Baines (obvious choice I know) for £10.75m at the end of the first season, not bad considering he initially had an asking price of £20m. Sold Gibbs to Villa for £4m.

Does anyone think that Mertesacker may be a touch overrated in game? First season he was an absolute beast for me - average rating of 8.04, 6 goals, 14 man of the matches! Immense - not complaining at all, I'm a big fan IRL and he helped to the best defence in the league by miles.

I found exactly the same with Gibbs & Monreal man, ended up getting Baines (obvious choice I know) for £10.75m at the end of the first season, not bad considering he initially had an asking price of £20m. Sold Gibbs to Villa for £4m.

Does anyone think that Mertesacker may be a touch overrated in game? First season he was an absolute beast for me - average rating of 8.04, 6 goals, 14 man of the matches! Immense - not complaining at all, I'm a big fan IRL and he helped to the best defence in the league by miles.

He's got some cracking stats, but his pace is hellish when trying to play a high line. I use him mainly from the bench, if we're dropping deeper to cover against quicker strikers or needing a goal from a set piece. Kos/Tomkins and Verm are my main 3 defenders just now.

Hi Gary who do you play as your central defence and central midfield partnerships, will give your tactic a go when I start my new save

Beginning of 2nd season and I bought Vela back for £3.5m and also received 50% of that too, what a funny clause. Has anyone had much success with him? I bought him mainly because he was so cheap and because I have Javier Hernandez and the 2 of them are mates.

Beginning of 2nd season and I bought Vela back for £3.5m and also received 50% of that too, what a funny clause. Has anyone had much success with him? I bought him mainly because he was so cheap and because I have Javier Hernandez and the 2 of them are mates.

i've done the same thing, and Vela was really brillant, 16 matches 16 goals for the second half of the season (11m and 13 goals in premier league).

sorry for my bad english

Arsenal-FC11_zps43885b1a.jpg

Season 2 Febuary

Prem; 01/02/14; Emirates; Arsen 1-1 Man Utd: Hamsik 53, Giroud 78

Prem; 04/02/14; Goodison Park; Arsenal 2-0 Everton: Eduardo 19 , Vela 63

Prem; 08/02/14; Villa Park; Arsenal 2-2 Aston Vila: Vela 20 , Shawcross 27 , Eduardo Inj 37 , Ireland 71 , Lowton 87

F.A (Rd 4); 12/02/14; Portman Rd; Arsenal 3-0 Ipswitch: Fierro 17 , Dede 34 , Fierro 69

F.A(R 5); 18/02/14; Griffin Park; Arsenal 1-0 Brentford: Walcott 17 ,

C1C(F); 22/02/14; Wembley; Arsenal 0-1 Man City: Ben Arfa 49

CL(1st K/O Rd Leg 1); Mestalla; Arsenal 3-2 Valencia: Walcott 23 , Jonas 45 , Wilshere 58 , Valdez 63 , Goretzka 79

Season 2 March

Prem; 01/03/14; Emirates; Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle: Arzu 90 +1

Prem; 09/03/14; Carrow Rd; Arsenal 2-0 Norwich: Giroud 64 & 79

Prem; 16/03/14; Emirates; Arsenal 4-0 Stoke: Giroud 17 , Wilshere 29 , Eduardo 67 & 79

CL(1st K/O Rd Leg 2); 19/03/14; Emirates; Arsenal 2(5)-(2)0 Valencia: Wilshere 30 , Giroud 70

FA(Q/F); 22/03/14; Emirates; Arsenal 7-0 West Ham: Giroud 12 , Fierro 19 , Giroud 28 & 39 , Fierro 67 , Eduardo 84 , Fierro 88

Prem; 26/03/14; Emirates; Arsenal 3-1 Reading: Fierro 22 , Dede 47 , Giroud 67 , Le Fondre 87

Prem; 29/03/14; King Power Stadium; Asenal 2-0 Leicester: Wilshere 43 , Eduardo 76

Hi guys thinking of starting Arsenal save after my Liverpool save was corrupted :( , I'm thinking that we need a ball winning mid, new right back, a young CB that can add depth, and another natural winger or IF. I'm thinking Wanyama and Samuel Umtiti and quite sure to get them, but I have no idea who to sign for Winger and Right back. I'm also selling Gervinho to PSG for 19,5M and seems like a good deal.

On the tactic side there are problems too, Walcott Podolski Giroud all are strikers but I can only play 1 of them upfront, so I'm thinking Podolski left and Walcott right, but the problem is they both play not on their opposite foot so It would be hard to cut inside and shoot. Any tips? Looking at the team I'm not suprised that they underperformed IRL!!

Hi guys thinking of starting Arsenal save after my Liverpool save was corrupted :( , I'm thinking that we need a ball winning mid, new right back, a young CB that can add depth, and another natural winger or IF. I'm thinking Wanyama and Samuel Umtiti and quite sure to get them, but I have no idea who to sign for Winger and Right back. I'm also selling Gervinho to PSG for 19,5M and seems like a good deal.

On the tactic side there are problems too, Walcott Podolski Giroud all are strikers but I can only play 1 of them upfront, so I'm thinking Podolski left and Walcott right, but the problem is they both play not on their opposite foot so It would be hard to cut inside and shoot. Any tips? Looking at the team I'm not suprised that they underperformed IRL!!

If you have rid urself of Gervinho I'd seriously take a look at El Shawaary from Milan,I picked him up in Jauary for £20.5m and every other week im getting training reviews of him progressing well and his performances are always 7+ big big player and can play left and on the right. Griezemann is another good one as well,possible replacement for Podolski.

If you have rid urself of Gervinho I'd seriously take a look at El Shawaary from Milan,I picked him up in Jauary for £20.5m and every other week im getting training reviews of him progressing well and his performances are always 7+ big big player and can play left and on the right. Griezemann is another good one as well,possible replacement for Podolski.

Yeah I've signed El shaarawy in my Liverpool save and he's good but cost me 34M even he's transfer listed. Hopefully I can get a good price for him this time.

Any suggestion for Right Back though? Sagna is injured at the start and I don't think Jenkinson will be a good player, will he?

Hi Gary who do you play as your central defence and central midfield partnerships, will give your tactic a go when I start my new save

I rotate a lot ensuring the right players for the opposition are played. My first choice is Arteta CM(D) and Wilshere (DLP) though. Central defence is Kos CD (D) and Verm BPD (D)

Sadly last night my laptop corrupted and its off for repair. Losing all the games/data on it. Bad times.

I rotate a lot ensuring the right players for the opposition are played. My first choice is Arteta CM(D) and Wilshere (DLP) though. Central defence is Kos CD (D) and Verm BPD (D)

Sadly last night my laptop corrupted and its off for repair. Losing all the games/data on it. Bad times.

oh that's a bummer!!!

Im currently looking for a striker for backup , thinking of bringing Eduardo back.

*Does anyone know how to train a player to be his natural position , I want to train coquelin to be a natural in cm spot but in training Im confused by focus training and new position training , which one would I select?

cheers

has anyone else had problems motivating the team during team talks? i've just started a new game and have found that for the most part i've received fairly bad reactions from a certain group of players (gibbs, diaby, podolski, & carzola). during games these players then start to appear uninterested or become complacent. admittedly this has happened during friendlies which i've won for the most part but i am starting to get a bit worried about the personality of the team.

what sort of lines are you guys using during team talks?

Yeah I've signed El shaarawy in my Liverpool save and he's good but cost me 34M even he's transfer listed. Hopefully I can get a good price for him this time.

Any suggestion for Right Back though? Sagna is injured at the start and I don't think Jenkinson will be a good player, will he?

Shouldnt be saying this on here being a Spurs fan but on my Spurs save Walker is quality and I havent really needed to buy a right back but I would suggest Corchia,also Richards can be available 2nd season for about £7m. Santon can retrain as a RB as well so you have him to cover both RB and LB as well,worth a punt. I have always been a fan of Vrsaljko from Dinamo!

Season 2 April

CL(Q/F Leg 1); Emirates; Arsenal 4-1 Shakhtar: Eduardo 24 , Giroud 37 , Fernandinho 43 , Eduardo 46 , Coquelin 66

Prem; 05/04/2014; Emirates; Arsenal 4-0 Cardiff: Fierro 3 , Eduardo 16 , Marshall O/G 30 , Fierro 53 ,

CL(Q/F Leg 2); 09/04/14; Donbas-Arena Arsenal 2(6)-(3)1 Shakhtar: Fierro 19 , Taison 27 , Eduardo 63

Prem; 13/04/14; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool: Vela 37 , Squallaci 73

Prem; 16/04/14; Craven Cottage; Arsenal 3-3 Fulham: Berbatov 1 , Fierro 4 , 12 Berbatov 25 , Fierro 50 , Baird 87

F.A(S/F); 19/04/14; Wembley; Arsenal 1-0 Tottenham: Fierro 17

CL(S/F Leg 1); 22/04/14; Allianz Arena; Arsenal 0-0 FC Bayern:

Prem; 27/04/14; Etihad; Arsenal 1-3 Man City: Fierro 33, Lescott 39 , Tevez 64 , Dzeko 87

Cl(S/F Leg 2); 30/04/14; Emirates; Arsenal(p) 0(3)-(1)0 FC Bayern Pens: Rafinha Scored , Fierro Scored , Javi Martinez Missed , Edurado Scored , Gomez Missed , Moi Gomez Scored , Muller Missed

Will Hughes scouting report says his best position is dlp defend, I thought this guy was a natural Am.

Anyone else noticed this?

I'm going to start a new Arsenal game for the first time in months. I've had a few issues with Football Manager this year so I've not played as much as I would have liked, but I think I've finally found a way of playing the game that is enjoyable and challenging for me.

I'm going to impose some restrictions on myself to make it easier for me to focus more on improving players and developing youngsters. As such, I'm disabling first season transfer budgets. Afterwards, the maximum I can spend on any one player will be £5mil. The aims of this playthrough will be to have a squad that has at least 15/25 players from the home nations and win major honours with them. Hopefully, this will take longer than four or five seasons to do.

Gary Parker - the fact all 5 shots went in is almost certainly not a match engine issue, and almost certainly not a szczesny issue either - more likely that they are the only clear cut chances anyone has had on you all season

Have a good English core of players in the centre of my team, Wilshere, Bell and Fletcher all from the academy, with Pascoe stuk behind my great Italian striker Fantini, yet he still scores plenty with his limited appearances. No great English keepers to replace Szczesny though, and Zamperini was originally let go on a free by myself as I didnt think he was good enough, shocked when I re signed him and got asked why I brought himj back after seven seasons xD

57126246C5847504408436289A79DCC9F912FF30

3944B9912EEE21E1CAC1A6412EBBC65731DB3191

24A8B24158B1F302C9DF1A6962D3498E86244587

2A80AFB73279E6F4DA486CCD0B0259502EC9B12C

Season 2 End of Season

Prem; 03/05/14; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 West Brom: Eduardo 12 , Fierro 68

Prem 07/05/14; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 QPR: Bennett 2 , Eduardo 67

F.A(F); 10/05/14; Wembley; Arsenal 0-1 Man City: Dzeko 47

Prem; 13/05/14; White Hart Lane; Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham:Nani 23 , Fierro 88

CL(F); 23/05/14; Estadio Da Luz; Arsenal 2-0 R. Madrid: Dede 17 , Eduardo 89

fml-6_zps3bbb943e.jpg

arsenal2_zps053b6855.jpg

Arsenal-FC11_zpscf5d00d8.jpg

Alderweireld, shawcross and umtiti are all safe bets at CB. Wanyama is pretty decent although the general mood is Lara bender in DM.

Wingers like Rodrigo, Griezmann and El Shaarawy are safe bets and Ox gets real good real quick.

At right back, go for Peruzzi from Valez. Excellent and cheap leaving you with cash to burn.

Has anyone bought Vela just to flog him? He's currently worth 16.5 mill at Sociedad. I'm tempted to activate his 3.5mill buy back clause and sell him for big money after a season.

Season 2 End of Season

Prem; 03/05/14; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 West Brom: Eduardo 12 , Fierro 68

Prem 07/05/14; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 QPR: Bennett 2 , Eduardo 67

F.A(F); 10/05/14; Wembley; Arsenal 0-1 Man City: Dzeko 47

Prem; 13/05/14; White Hart Lane; Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham:Nani 23 , Fierro 88

CL(F); 23/05/14; Estadio Da Luz; Arsenal 2-0 R. Madrid: Dede 17 , Eduardo 89

fml-6_zps3bbb943e.jpg

arsenal2_zps053b6855.jpg

Arsenal-FC11_zpscf5d00d8.jpg

That is some sterling work arsenalthebest congratulations! I've just got my next season underway, got Spurs in the Super Cup and QPR in the Community Shield. Champions League draw pitted me against Inter, Monaco and Ajax! They're making tough for me to defend my crown eh :lol:

Inadvertently, I now have quite a solid English core at the club too which I'm quite pleased about, and I could field an all English starting 11 if I wanted, but they aren't all ready yet. I have also now activated Spain and Germany as I will probably look to move on at some point in the next few seasons.

Have a good English core of players in the centre of my team, Wilshere, Bell and Fletcher all from the academy, with Pascoe stuk behind my great Italian striker Fantini, yet he still scores plenty with his limited appearances. No great English keepers to replace Szczesny though, and Zamperini was originally let go on a free by myself as I didnt think he was good enough, shocked when I re signed him and got asked why I brought himj back after seven seasons xD

57126246C5847504408436289A79DCC9F912FF30

3944B9912EEE21E1CAC1A6412EBBC65731DB3191

24A8B24158B1F302C9DF1A6962D3498E86244587

2A80AFB73279E6F4DA486CCD0B0259502EC9B12C

nice i'm working to gett my foreigh youngsters to count as home grown

Approaching the 2025/26 season, should be able to request a new stadium soon, hopefully the board are more creative than Chelsea who play at Torres Stadium :D Fingers crossed for the Carmichael Colosseum! :D

Started a new save with Arsenal. This time I am going to be concentrating on signing players under 21. I also want to give some youth players a chance to impress. Hopefully I will develop Gnabry and Akpom especially. I did make one over 21 signing but he is still pretty young.

cBpVqZo.jpg

Started a new save with Arsenal. This time I am going to be concentrating on signing players under 21. I also want to give some youth players a chance to impress. Hopefully I will develop Gnabry and Akpom especially. I did make one over 21 signing but he is still pretty young.

cBpVqZo.jpg

Chelsea buying Gervinho for £20m I wish :lol:

Morning all,

I started a save game with Arsenal last night. Not too sure how long this will last but it seems like a decent little challenge. I can't believe they are only expected to qualify for the Europa League and not the CL??!

Anyway, transfer wise I have let go quite a lot of the 'deadwood'. Arshavin went to PSG for 4 million, Gervinho also went to them for 15m. I let Sanchez Watt go for 600k, Coqullin (sp) went to Wolves for 3.5m, Squillaci went to Fulham for 1.5 and a few other reserves also left for nominal fees. Signings are Sakho from PSG for 8.25m and Jovetic for 17.25m. I am extremely pleased with both signings although I may have overpaid slightly for Jovetic, however, he is only young and has extremely good stats for his age.

Games so far,

League: (not sure if this is in the correct order as don't have in front of me)

H Aston Villa - won 3-0

A West Ham - won 4-0

A Man City - lost 2-0 (could of been 9-0!!)

H Fulham - won 3-0

A Newcastle drew 0-0

H Everton - Drew 3-3

Champions League

A Galatasary - won 1-0

H - Shakhtar - lost 3-2

League cup

A Hull - lost 2-1

As you will see, a pretty mixed bag really. The league we started well and we were destroying teams, not just beating them. However, it all went wrong during the Everton game. A few injuries, a few minor changes and we threw away a 3-1 lead to drew 3-3 including a 93rd minute equaliser. The same week we went out the LC to Hull after trying to rest as much of the first team as possible. Next was Newcastle away, a dreadful 0-0 drew and then the 3-2 defeat at home in CL.

My biggest problem seems to be the lack of sqaud depth. The first team when fit is quite good, however, I have got 4 players out injured and 2 suspended already so various players playing out of position and quite a few others than are absolutely knackered.

The strongest line up I have (this is the team that won the early games so well) was:

Szezezezchhhnnnyy (or whatever)

CB - Koiselney (Can't spell this)

CB - Sakho

CB - Vermahlen (or this)

DLP - Arteta

RW - Walcott

CM - Cazolla

BWM - Ramsey

LW - Chamberlain

AM - Jovetic

TM - Giroud

Clearly playing a 3-5-1-1 formation. The idea being that is can quickly be swapped to 5 at the back with two full backs coming on or an extra midfielder can push forward if needed etc. Generally I feel this formation works well and I had great sucess with it on a recent PSG save game.

I need to invest is some more sqaud players/decent youngsters as the ones I have do not seem good enough.

Anyone managed to get the best out of Walcott? He got 5 assists in 2 games against Villa and West Ham and has done nothing at all since!

Morning all,

I started a save game with Arsenal last night. Not too sure how long this will last but it seems like a decent little challenge. I can't believe they are only expected to qualify for the Europa League and not the CL??!

Anyway, transfer wise I have let go quite a lot of the 'deadwood'. Arshavin went to PSG for 4 million, Gervinho also went to them for 15m. I let Sanchez Watt go for 600k, Coqullin (sp) went to Wolves for 3.5m, Squillaci went to Fulham for 1.5 and a few other reserves also left for nominal fees. Signings are Sakho from PSG for 8.25m and Jovetic for 17.25m. I am extremely pleased with both signings although I may have overpaid slightly for Jovetic, however, he is only young and has extremely good stats for his age.

Games so far,

League: (not sure if this is in the correct order as don't have in front of me)

H Aston Villa - won 3-0

A West Ham - won 4-0

A Man City - lost 2-0 (could of been 9-0!!)

H Fulham - won 3-0

A Newcastle drew 0-0

H Everton - Drew 3-3

Champions League

A Galatasary - won 1-0

H - Shakhtar - lost 3-2

League cup

A Hull - lost 2-1

As you will see, a pretty mixed bag really. The league we started well and we were destroying teams, not just beating them. However, it all went wrong during the Everton game. A few injuries, a few minor changes and we threw away a 3-1 lead to drew 3-3 including a 93rd minute equaliser. The same week we went out the LC to Hull after trying to rest as much of the first team as possible. Next was Newcastle away, a dreadful 0-0 drew and then the 3-2 defeat at home in CL.

My biggest problem seems to be the lack of sqaud depth. The first team when fit is quite good, however, I have got 4 players out injured and 2 suspended already so various players playing out of position and quite a few others than are absolutely knackered.

The strongest line up I have (this is the team that won the early games so well) was:

Szezezezchhhnnnyy (or whatever)

CB - Koiselney (Can't spell this)

CB - Sakho

CB - Vermahlen (or this)

DLP - Arteta

RW - Walcott

CM - Cazolla

BWM - Ramsey

LW - Chamberlain

AM - Jovetic

TM - Giroud

Clearly playing a 3-5-1-1 formation. The idea being that is can quickly be swapped to 5 at the back with two full backs coming on or an extra midfielder can push forward if needed etc. Generally I feel this formation works well and I had great sucess with it on a recent PSG save game.

I need to invest is some more sqaud players/decent youngsters as the ones I have do not seem good enough.

Anyone managed to get the best out of Walcott? He got 5 assists in 2 games against Villa and West Ham and has done nothing at all since!

ill help with your spelling (of players)

Koscielny

Coquelin

Szczesny

Vermaelen

Season 3 August

arsenal2_zps8389fa2f.jpg

fml-6_zps6a5d73e1.jpg

arsenal3_zps27057905.jpg

arsenal4_zps542e4155.jpg

Arsenal-FC11_zpsfac216f7.jpg

fml-6_zpsd2d925a5.jpg

arsenal4_zpse09da289.jpg

arsenal2_zps2b813694.jpg

arsenal3_zps0c930d7f.jpg

arsenal7_zps0ecafc4a.jpg

arsenal6_zps1001827e.jpg

arsenal5_zpsd7bc7cb0.jpg

arsenal4_zpsedbced02.jpg

arsenal2_zpsb3f8e0b1.jpg

arsenal3_zpsb37d4f6d.jpg

CS(F); 10/08/14; Wembley; Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gibbs 29 , Eduardo 56 , Dzeko 86

Prem; 16/08/14; Ewood Park; Arsenal 2-1 Blackburn: Toscano 1 , Walcott 48 , Faurlin 54

Prem; 23/08/14; Emirates; Arsenal 3-0 Man City: Eduardo 8 & 59 , Vela 79

ESC(F); 28/08/14; Cardiff City Stadium; Arsenal 1-2 Man City: Eduardo 18 , Dzeko 42 & 59

@arsenalthebest the clue is in his name , lol

@plainlayzee , what role do you play Walcott on , I find he works well as an inside forward attack and some play him up front a lot as a poacher but I have not tried this.

Did you manage to sell Park without having to pay a part of his wages? I'm paying him about £9k a week until the end of his contract, sold him for £4.8m to Werder Bremen.

I was thinking of replacing Sagna with Davide Santon who I've got a transfer confirmation for. Was Sagna moaning about wanting a new challenge?

i have had issues for the past few fms with sagna!

i think i am paying 6k a week for park to go lol

Yes.

I got him for 5.25m(transfer listed) 1st season 11assts , 28gls , 50 apps , 7.46 amr, 2nd season (in feb) 7assts , 24 gls , 30 apps , 7.56 amr.

I play as DLP-A with Giroud to his left as an AP-A & Pod on his right as a Poacher

sounds good! i have cavani, surez, falcao and volland atm with theo too! i would look at him in future games, maybe a milan game i want to start soon!

Season 3 September

Prem; 13/09/14; Hawthorns: Arsenal 1-0 West Brom: Balzaretti 47

CL(G.S)17/09/14; Sammy Ofer Stadium; Arsenal 5-1 M. Haifa: Zagui 10 , Dede 42 , Doria 62 , Eduardo 72 , Dede 83 , Damiao 89

Prem;20/09/14; Goodison Park; Arsenal 2-0 Everton: Eduardo (pen) 9 , Damiao 71

Prem; 24/09/14; Emirates; Arsenal 4-0 West Ham: Eduardo 17 & 29 & 63 , Damiao 78

Prem; 27/09/14; Emirates Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea: Eduardo 17 , Cabaye 90+3

CL(GS); 30/09/14; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Schalke: Eduardo 17 , Vela 71

I'd post up another few pics but steamcommunity.com seems to be down (or at least taking ages to load) so i'll just describe it.

GK - Sweeper Keeper (d)

RB - Fullback (s)

RCB - Central Defender (d)

LCB - Ball Playing Defender (d)

LB - Fullback (a)

RM - Defensive Winger (a)

LCM - Deep Lying Playmaker (d)

RCM - Central Midfielder (s - home, d - away)

LM - Defensive Winger (s)

RF - Deep Lying Forward (s)

LF - Advanced Forward (a)

Rigid

Counter/Control (depending on opposition)

Default Passing

More Expressive

Press More

Default Marking

Default Tackling

More Roaming

I look to change a lot of the play using shouts which is why i've left default on most things. Exploit flanks and play wider against Man City's narrow formation for example.

Signings

James Tomkins

Gino Peruzzi (January)

Adam Le Fondre (January)

Neal Maupay

Yann Sommer

Will Hughes

Viktor Fischer

Hi Gary,

Just starting up my save on the new patch. Thinking I will play a 4-4-2 or some variation of this time round. Wanting to focus a lot more on changing tactics a bit more often depending on how I want to take it to the opponent.

Anyway, looking at your setup I had a few questions:

-The use of defensive wingers. Do you find this limits the players in those positions? I would have thought you would want players like Carzorla having a bit more freedom to cut inside etc.

-Both the CMs are quite defensive minded. Do you not think it would be good to have Jack bursting forward from midfield a little more etc?

-Do you use a target man or playmaker?

I like how you mention in one of your follow up posts that you like to use the right player for the opposition. I think this is something important to focus one, which alone can almost win games. Also making sure you are combining the correct players works wonders too I find. I.E pairing size with quickness etc.

Season 3 September

Prem; 13/09/14; Hawthorns: Arsenal 1-0 West Brom: Balzaretti 47

CL(G.S)17/09/14; Sammy Ofer Stadium; Arsenal 5-1 M. Haifa: Zagui 10 , Dede 42 , Doria 62 , Eduardo 72 , Dede 83 , Damiao 89

Prem;20/09/14; Goodison Park; Arsenal 2-0 Everton: Eduardo (pen) 9 , Damiao 71

Prem; 24/09/14; Emirates; Arsenal 4-0 West Ham: Eduardo 17 & 29 & 63 , Damiao 78

Prem; 27/09/14; Emirates Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea: Eduardo 17 , Cabaye 90+3

CL(GS); 30/09/14; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Schalke: Eduardo 17 , Vela 71

Hi mate,

I have been catching up with this thread as I left FM13 for a while as I felt like it was driving me mad. As there have been a few patches since I am considering getting back into it.

Anyways, are you still playing the flat 433 you posted at the start of your updates?

It looks like how I would like to set my team up (and had been trying to do previously) and I was considering being a bit shameless and copying it...

Do you have any other tips or advice you have picked up along your way (winning the quadruple is awesome)??

Cheers very much - welcome any tips or advice you have.

Cheers

Hi mate,

I have been catching up with this thread as I left FM13 for a while as I felt like it was driving me mad. As there have been a few patches since I am considering getting back into it.

Anyways, are you still playing the flat 433 you posted at the start of your updates?

It looks like how I would like to set my team up (and had been trying to do previously) and I was considering being a bit shameless and copying it...

Do you have any other tips or advice you have picked up along your way (winning the quadruple is awesome)??

Cheers very much - welcome any tips or advice you have.

Cheers

no i been using a downloaded tactic that I've Tweaked

arsenal2_zps916031b3.jpg

Season 3 October

C1C(Rd3); 02/10/14; St James' Park; Arsenal 1-3 Newcastle: Chamakh 4 , Marin 19 , Wilshere 32 , Eriksen 67

Prem; 04/10/14; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle: Giroud 15 & 42

Prem; 18/10/14; Cardiff City Stadium; Arsenal 3-0 Cardiff Eduardo 17 & 39 & 73

CL(GS); 21/10/14; Donbas-Arena; Arsenal 2-0 Shakhtar: Giroud 34 , Eduardo 76

Prem; 25/10/14; The Riverside; Arsenal 4-0 Middlesbrough: Ox 17 , Doria 28 , Eduardo 67 , Giroud 78

Season 3 October

C1C(Rd3); 02/10/14; St James' Park; Arsenal 1-3 Newcastle: Chamakh 4 , Marin 19 , Wilshere 32 , Eriksen 67

Prem; 04/10/14; Emirates; Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle: Giroud 15 & 42

Prem; 18/10/14; Cardiff City Stadium; Arsenal 3-0 Cardiff Eduardo 17 & 39 & 73

CL(GS); 21/10/14; Donbas-Arena; Arsenal 2-0 Shakhtar: Giroud 34 , Eduardo 76

Prem; 25/10/14; The Riverside; Arsenal 4-0 Middlesbrough: Ox 17 , Doria 28 , Eduardo 67 , Giroud 78

Nice results,

Who do you usually play where in that tactic?

Also which one is it? I wouldn't mind pulling it apart and tinkering, I like those asymmetrical ones.

So like Carmi I have decided to go back to my old FM12 save. I am in 2018/2019 season and have won every Premier League title since the start of the save. Here are a couple screenshots of my best players.

wZJ1HiD.png

Bought him a couple seasons ago for 4m and boy what a signing he has been. A rock at the back he has been awesome.

RrfPkDl.png

This guy... He is a BEAST. He scored 100 goals in all competitions last season and won the Ballon D'or and became the first player to overthrow Lionel Messi. I bought him for just a measly 3m from Real Madrid and look at him now.

Nqju07F.png

Club captain and still great. Just 26 years old so he has a lot to go.

2FEoOmt.png

The midfield enforcer bought for 8m from Real Madrid. He plays right in front of the defense and is very good.

ihsxprX.png

I bought this guy from Velez for just 950k and look at him now. Amazing and he partners Wilshere amazingly in my midfield.

xaD5Ct0.png

I bought this guy from bitter rivals Tottenham for just 1.7m two seasons ago and was hoping he would take over for Wilshere. Unfortunately he hasn't lived up to the best of his abilities but he is still very good and has started this season lively.

Archived