[Match 3][Group B] Netherlands vs Denmark 9/6/12 1800CET

sean_oc16

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was hand ball.

no, it has to be a deliberate movement of your hand/arm towards the ball, if the ball is blasted straight at your arm before you even have a chance to react, its not a handball, i dont think the one in the the first half was, because that was accidental too, though that was more deserving of a penalty than the second call

I wish for all Dutch players to be roughed up by a bunch of sailors in a dark alley tonight. Twats.

I remember that sentence from long ago, chairman of a certain right wing party said something about abuse of coloured players by marines..

That was back in the days you still had "uitzending politieke partijen" right after the match...

I remember that sentence from long ago, chairman of a certain right wing party said something about abuse of coloured players by marines..

That was back in the days you still had "uitzending politieke partijen" right after the match...

Janmaat? I don't remember that, tbh, I do remember Jules Deelder's "****ed in the ass by a bunch of sailors" quote but I didn't want to go that far. :)

As a dane I would like to thank Robben for his contribution today :-) ....

me happy \o/

Congratz on a deserved victory! I've seen a very good and collective playing Danish team tonight and if you continue playing like you played tonight, this group might hold a surprise..

I didn't expect this, but I knew it wasn't unexpected.

The Netherlands were strangely static. There was no dynamic in the defense, and the midfield of Van Bommel (and later Van der Vaart) and Nigel de Jong didn't function to connect the ball from the back to the front. Sneijder and Afellay did actually well. On the other hand, I don't want to see Robben do that again: dribbling the ball, cutting inside superbly, but scoring home-runs again and again. Franz Beckenbauer was right: Robben's ego is as high as the heaven. Van Persie was actually good as a target man, but it wasn't his day today.

I congratulate Denmark. A great performance. Staying calm and discipline was the key to the win today, but to be honest, I don't know whether Denmark were so great or the Netherlands were so bad that Kjær became a great central defender in one night. Jacobsen should learn how to cross, though. I think that the Kvist–Zimling line was solid today and contributed heavily into the win. Rommedahl was disappointing, Eriksen didn't play much expectedly, Krohn-Dehli is the man, and Bendtner did his job although he could have done better.

Archived