Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i had a crazy weekend on my mates stag do, almost got chucked off the megabus on the way to Perth from Aberdeen, got asked to leave a restraunt and 3 bars before we called it a night at half 2, picked up at 8 in the morning to go white water rafting, which btw is fantastic fun, but dont do it in the middle of fed when its bloody freezing!!, then a lot more booze and dressing our mate up in high heels and a skirt for the night. The megabus home on sunday was a lot more subdued!! hahaha

Feeling like i have been hit by a bus today tho, body aches and to put it politely my arse is squeaking like a budgie. Still well worth it tho!

Sandbox games are my favourite I love exploring. Although not totally open world I might give Kingdoms of Amalur a go as it looks brilliant.

SRL88 Skyrim is brilliant I couldn't put it down when I first played it.

AcidBurn - did you ever play Ultima Online between 1997-2000 at all? It was fantastic back then. The game is still going after all these years, but it's crap now, after a succession of different development teams have stamped their mark and taken it too far away from its original concept. There's some "free" player created servers emulating the game as it was. Very basic isometric view and interface compared to modern games, but still very addictive and a huge open world to explore.

SRL88 - If you've not played any of the Bathesda games, like Skyrim or Fallout, I can't recommend them enough. Personal preference of course, but I've always enjoyed the games themselves, plus the massive modding community that keeps them fresh.

I'm putting thoughts it as many bosses heads at work. My supervisors left and if they replace her. I'm openly admitting I want it. I know I can do it.

I've also said to my department boss, that I'd do our departments rotas and holidays in my own time. Just because I want that chance.

If it's one thing I learned in the military... never volunteer for anything! :lol:

Oh, and if you're from Nottinghamshire, given the proximity to Yorkshire, you should know the phrase: "If yer gunna do owt for nowt, do it for thas sen!"

I hate shaving so much. Not that I cut myself often, but it bores me. I also hate having facial hair, so yeah, it's a no win situation.

I don't shave I like having a beard.

AcidBurn - did you ever play Ultima Online between 1997-2000 at all? It was fantastic back then. The game is still going after all these years, but it's crap now, after a succession of different development teams have stamped their mark and taken it too far away from its original concept. There's some "free" player created servers emulating the game as it was. Very basic isometric view and interface compared to modern games, but still very addictive and a huge open world to explore.

SRL88 - If you've not played any of the Bathesda games, like Skyrim or Fallout, I can't recommend them enough. Personal preference of course, but I've always enjoyed the games themselves, plus the massive modding community that keeps them fresh.

Never even heard of it will have to check it out. I agree about Bethesda games I love them Fallout and the Elder Scrolls are amazing.

If I have a shave a day after my last shave I'm ok having one, but if I leave it 2-3 days or any longer then its like a forrest on my face. I'm like Homer Simpson in the sense that as soon as I shave it looks like it hasn't gone :D. I tend to leave it for a week or two and I need an axe to hack it away ha.

I'm good dude, little tired but meh.

And you mate? How is married life treating you? :D

Good but tired also. Married life is great, time has flown by. Our little baby be here in next 8 weeks, seems to have gone by sooooooooooooooo fast!!!!

Does anyone who rents/owns a home keep getting bills changing?

In recent months I have had a change of bills from EDF Energy which have both my gas & electric change from £60 per month to £135 per month without informing me and now Northumbrian Water have changed our bill from £30 to £60 doing the same thing. I phoned them up and they said well thats what your using. Well thats all well & good but could you have not sent a letter saying from next month this will be your bill!!! For **** sake man. Really pisses me off that they just change your bill without informing me.

In recent months I have had a change of bills from EDF Energy which have both my gas & electric change from £60 per month to £135 per month without informing me and now Northumbrian Water have changed our bill from £30 to £60 doing the same thing. I phoned them up and they said well thats what your using. Well thats all well & good but could you have not sent a letter saying from next month this will be your bill!!! For **** sake man. Really pisses me off that they just change your bill without informing me.

Heh... you'd LOVE Spain then!

Phone company and the electric company take the money out of the bank first... then send you the bill.

A guy I know has just had a bill of €1,000 taken out of his bank from the electric company, for the month! Looks like they've billed him not just for his apartment, but several others. Nobody has ever bothered to check their electric meters from the power company and they then do an "estimate" bill, then check things properly. Problem is, it can take them months to do that. Guy is understandably far from impressed and has decided to get his solicitor on to them.

Heh... you'd LOVE Spain then!

Phone company and the electric company take the money out of the bank first... then send you the bill.

A guy I know has just had a bill of €1,000 taken out of his bank from the electric company, for the month! Looks like they've billed him not just for his apartment, but several others. Nobody has ever bothered to check their electric meters from the power company and they then do an "estimate" bill, then check things properly. Problem is, it can take them months to do that. Guy is understandably far from impressed and has decided to get his solicitor on to them.

Being charged that amount is just pathetic and wrong there is no way any household would use that much electricity

I have man flu :(

Same, I've had it since Saturday and it better be gone by the weekend, I've got a stag do to be going on.

Bizarre. I pay my gas & elec quarterly rather than on a monthly standing order or direct debit so I don't get any of that and my water rates are annual or half yearly depending on how you want to pay them. Don't get me wrong, I did get a nice £175 gas bill in December and am expecting around £300 when the next one arrives but I'd sooner pay it like that, then if I'm late, I'm late, **** em.

As far as I was aware though when British Gas asked me if I wanted to pay money on account each month, it was a standing order which means the amount wouldn't change unless I changed it as opposed to a direct debit where they just take out whatever the **** they like, pretty much like my phone bill which was £25 more this month.

I was reading some of the journalists and columnists in the newspapers in the last couple of the days who were writing off Milan against Arsenal. I presonally was laughing at the lack of knowledge they were displaying, and now I am doing more of the same.

"Taught a lesson" doesn't even begin to describe what has happened this evening.