Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Really, that's not as bad as I thought it would be tbh. I just like that song in particular, don't know why. It's goes nicely with my other **** poor taste in music :D. There are other songs that I'd love to attempt as well.

My mate got a guitar a year or so ago and he just watches youtube videos on how to play songs. Managed to teach himself Wonderwall fairly quickly.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they are. Im a huge Gibson fan. They're my favourite style of guitars but I had to buy the Sapphire Smokeburst because I am a huge Alter Bridge mark and both Myles Kennedy & Mark Tremonti play them :D.

Love the drum kit :cool:.

I'm bored and my weekend has started now as I'm working Saturday and Sunday. As I've said most likely going out tonight as one of us can't go tomorrow. Looking likely we'll go Up and Down Under and then on to Revival, which side yet, I don't know.

I still have to sort my clothes out that I got a few weeks back. Also need to get rid of clothes that I don't need anymore but that takes time and effort.

God i wish, that would make things easy!! Dealing with women is the hard part, going out with another guy should be a piece of cake! :p

You could play the drums & FM together. Date night!!

On the subject on the next England manager, why on earth are the media, former players, punidts, radio talkshow hots, Bill Sykes and his dog, so adamant that the next England manager should English? Am I missing something here? What the **** is the big deal who manages the team as along as the team performs?

Sod all this "passion" nonsense aswell, what on earth is it in the context of football anyway? It's a nonsense attribute that we English seem to like, and to me it seems to mean running around like a loon to make a tackle. Spain, Germany, etc, don't play with "passion", they play with technique and skill, flair and guile.

As for the ******** about needing someone who is a great motivator, why do players need motivating by a manager to play for their nation? I personally would love to do it, and I certainly wouldn't need any motivation to do so.

[/rant; **** off joke of a nation with no clue whatsoever]

There is the Tom we all know and love.

Well can you blame me? The whole thing, from the FA, has been a joke. And because of them we have lost the best manager we have ever had. (And yes, even better than Sir Alf Ramsey).

Capello is a fantastic manager and is clearly taking us in the right direction - since the World Cup alot has changed for the better. And yet they've pisseed him off by not even consulting him on a major decision regarding the man he wanted as captain. He's the manager, the football stuff is meant to be down to him, hence why he gets sacked if it goes horribly wrong. Not muppets in suits busy picking up free tickets for any game at Wembely, swigging champagne, and eating all manner of fancy sandwiches and volauvents.

I'm not saying the decision that Terry should not be captain at this time is wrong, but for goodness sake atleast let the man you pay £6million a year to be responsible for the football be involved in the discussions.

(im not sure if i understand the game)

Thats is down to that shiny drum you got.

On the subject on the next England manager, why on earth are the media, former players, punidts, radio talkshow hots, Bill Sykes and his dog, so adamant that the next England manager should English? Am I missing something here? What the **** is the big deal who manages the team as along as the team performs?

Sod all this "passion" nonsense aswell, what on earth is it in the context of football anyway? It's a nonsense attribute that we English seem to like, and to me it seems to mean running around like a loon to make a tackle. Spain, Germany, etc, don't play with "passion", they play with technique and skill, flair and guile.

As for the ******** about needing someone who is a great motivator, why do players need motivating by a manager to play for their nation? I personally would love to do it, and I certainly wouldn't need any motivation to do so.

[/rant; **** off joke of a nation with no clue whatsoever]

Eric Gerets.

Bought a snazzy new PC, but "Easy Transfer" in Windows 7 is crap and didn't work, when it came to transferring all my software off the other machine. :(

Now having to labouriously install everything again individually.

Care to give us the specs of that new PC mate?

Tom

Its only this country that goes on like this about anything. Same with the captaincy & caps as well. We're the only country who gives caps out and also the only ones who whinge on about the captains armband. As much as it pains me to say it as well, I kind of agree with Gary Neville on the subject of who to take to the Euro's. We're never going to win it, so why are we so adamant on taking the same players over & over again!!! Drop Rio, Terry, Lampard etc and take Jones, Smalling, Walker etc as first teamers and give them the chance. Build for the 2014 World Cup.

Oh, and Steven Fletcher :cool:.

Last night was supposed to be a few quiet drinks at the pub. It was and it wasn't :cool:. I ended drinking 4 & a half pints, 5 black jack shots, a mixture of 6 shots in one glass, a skittle bomb or something like that and then some cheeky vimto that I poured into my pint of Carling. I was still sober and I'm off out tonight :cool:.

I think an Englishman should be appointed as manager if only for the short term, i.e. the Euro's purely for the fact that I don't think there's too much time to analyze the English game, judge what players to take, who to play, what formation, etc. before the European Championships.

Stuart Pearce for the short term would be fine by me, maybe he can bring some of them u21's in like SRL88 just mentioned.

Steve Bull :|

I wouldnt mind if Pearce got it to be fair. He has been in and around the setup for numerous years and knows the players...especially the U21's. For the Euro's, Stuart Pearce is fine by me.

Edit: What are your thoughts on tomorrow's game Tom?

It was if we went out yes. But we only went to one of the locals so no. We're out tonight but I've already bottled it and said I can't do it.

Still trying to figure out whether the girl I like is taking me for a mug or not. We happened to walk home again last night after being out and she said she doesn't want to be seen to be leading me on. I said some of the things she's said have and haven't and they could go both ways. Whenever I try and get a straight answer regarding whether she likes me or not I don't get an answer from her. She doesn't try changing the conversation either. She then said she has to get to know a lad before hand, which is what I've said for past week and half but not to her I don't think, but the way she said it, is exactly the way I say it. So I don't know whether she's been having a few conversations with our friend who's happened to be my agony aunt for the past few weeks. The amount of crap I've given her about this girl, I'm suprised she hasn't told me to shut up.

Our friend reckons if she had been single for a long enough time, or not still sort of seeing her boyfriend when I told her, then things would be different. I do think there's something there, maybe I'm being naive but out of every other girl I've liked like this, she's the one that's been more interested so to speak. Unfortunately her boyfriend is in the picture and I've said I won't try anything whilst she's with him.

No way I'm posting this in the Singles Thread in OTF as I know their stance on this.

Having thought of it it's now a poor idea and are we allowed to show any signs of gambling as such on the forum. Basically, using the amount posts you have and use it as money so speak and be on football results using one bet site. Then have a leaderboard for the money that you earn or lose. Basically that, not as good now really.