Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I got rid of Facebook in July last year because its utter stupid. It does have its merits as mentioned in the sense that you can keep in contact with old friend etc, but I was sick of signing on and seeing status' of certain people. No one really cares what you eat, where your sat etc, but people write it. Got annoying in the end, and instead of going through my 'friend' list and deleting people, it was easier to just get rid of it myself.

If I do want to contact my actual friends, I have a mobile so I will text or phone them.

I appeared offline because I was sick of people who I never spoke to at school who had added me, pestering me asking how I was. Sorry love, dont know why I accepted you because I didnt like you then, and I dont like you now!!! The one thing I do miss is the fact that I cant go on and see what upcoming gigs are on etc.

Anyway, been to see my consultant today and he says Im getting glowing reports from my physio (she must fancy me :p) and that my knee is doing good. Cant wait for the next 7 month to be over with so I can kick a football again.

You going to risk playing again?
I dont know all the ins and outs of SRL's situation, but ive had four ops on the same knee but i manage to play. It's not always totally comfortable, but it's manageable.
I was more thinking of the risk more than anything else, my brother gave up after doing his knee badly just because he didnt want to risk doing it again.

The ins and outs are that in 2008 I tore my ACL (crutiate knee ligament) during a football game, I had the operation, went through 9 month of rehab and my first game back, 10mins after coming off the bench I went up for a header and when I came back down I re-tore them. My consultant put off the operation this time to reconstruct it but the pain got so bad that I needed to. Basically, Ive had the operation again, but they have had to take the graft out of my other leg because there wasnt one in my right leg anymore. Im just over 2 month into my rehab. After 9 month I will start training again, but I probably wont play properly for atleast a year.

Edit: Forgot to add that in this latest operation as well, they had to shave off a little bit of bone from my left kneecap to put on my right kneecap because the bone had detriated so much because its been so long since I could exercise. Them two operations, plus the arthoroscopies I have had, Ive had 6 operations on my right knee and one on my left knee...plus whatever other operations I have had previously :D.

Night to myself tonight. What to do, what to do?!?!

Nothing!!! A night without the mrs is the only time you can actually sit down and listen to nothing at all :D. I love it when thats the case ha.

On the Facebook subject from earlier...

I had around 900ish people (notice people, not friends, didn't know a lot weirdly) on Facebook and then deleted everyone a few months back which either;

- I didn't know

- Met once, probably wont see again

- Girls with boyfriends

- People if I bumped into, I wouldn't be able to hold a conversation with

- People that because we was friends as a child, we should be friends on Facebook

Left me down to around 250 people :D and a less 'full of crap' news feed.

Girls with boyfriends....you f*cking perv :lol:.

Nah, like... I have girl mates with boyfriends, they are cool and can stay.

But like the random birds from around town and stuff which have boyfriends, no need to have them on my friends list.

We are talking about Ty here.

:rolleyes:

He should be prescribing you with something that means you cant pass it on after 24 hours and is usually cleared after 3 or 4 days. Cant remember the name of the tablets but I have been on them when I had it.

Hmm, maybe so. I'm happy as I haven't spent any money. If it's not cleared in 10 days I will be making an official complaint. Call me stupid but the last time I went doctors with a rash on my foot, the doctor(different one) said I had eczema and it wasn't a rash. The cream he prescribed not only made my foot worse, but it cost me ****ing £8 iirc :mad:. I solved the problem myself by changing the style of socks I wear.

I would ask for another medicine now tbh, what he gave you is nothing, sure nurofen is good towards preventing an infection to get worse and is okayish against pain but paracetemol is for kids and not for adults (to me it is anyway). So there you have my expert medical advice. :cool: