Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Mam & Dad are having the kids from tonight until Sunday :cool:. Will be watching the match tomorrow and then relaxing for the rest of the week-end.

What are everyone elses plans?

Off to my mates tomorrow to get drunk then into town to get even more drunk, first time I have been out since Halloween. I just hope the snow doesn't stick as it's a pretty steep hill on the walk home so I will probably fall down it.

Last night this girl caught my eye and I thought she fancied a bit, so went over and started getting with etc, but she didn't seem into it so I left her. Then I got a text this morning saying "sorry about yesterday, I was a little confused :/"

Then I realised it was a girl I slept with a couple of times a few months ago and then screwed over a bit, didn't recognise her at all. Aber such a small town. :(

What are everyone elses plans?

Well you don't need me to answer that for tomorrow lunch time!

Tonight I'm doing nothing. It's cold and I can't be arsed. Tomorrow I dont know. I'll have to watch the Tottenham - Newcastle game at home because it won;t be on at my local because Leeds Rhinos are on at the same time. ****ing rugby. After that, who knows.

Care to give us the specs of that new PC mate?

It's an ASUS Essentio CM6730.

Came as follows:

i7 2600 CPU 3.40GHz

6gb ram

1gb but bog standard graphics card

1tb HDD

Was on offer in MediaMarkt for €500

First thing I did when I got home, was pop in two 8gb Ram sticks and a Sapphire Radeon HD6850 1bg GDDR5 graphics card, which I already had.

The only thing letting it down really is the HDD at 7200rpm, so thinking of treating myself to a solid state drive in the near future.

Why April 28th?! Next loan installment?

Indeed, and my last payment for accomadation is like £400 cheaper and I am not at Uni for as long, so I will have a good £600-800 for a decent laptop finally.

Dell seem to have some proper decent laptops at the moment for that range.

I see they had a 3GB graphics, 8GB ram, i7, 17" laptop for around the £750-800 mark which would be amazing.

Too jelous right now :(

I'd love a laptop/PC that would not make me angry and actually work. Waiting til April 28th sucks to buy a new one.

I've always liked the idea of a decent laptop, but for what I'd want, it'd be too expensive. That's why I stick with a desktop PC always. That and I like being able to easily expand a desktop PC when I want to.

Generally, I find that PC's are probably a little more expensive in Spain than in the UK, but I got a good deal with the one I've just bought. I wasn't actually planning to buy a new one just yet, but was tempted into doing so by the price. Dunno how much that particular ASUS machine would cost back in the UK, but for Spain, it was a price I couldn't say no to... plus I'd also got my final balance payment from one of my bigger jobs recently. ;)

Guess it was burning a hole in my pocket. :D

Indeed, and my last payment for accomadation is like £400 cheaper and I am not at Uni for as long, so I will have a good £600-800 for a decent laptop finally.

Dell seem to have some proper decent laptops at the moment for that range.

I see they had a 3GB graphics, 8GB ram, i7, 17" laptop for around the £750-800 mark which would be amazing.

My current laptop is a Dell.

Didn't get a great one - was £380. But it runs like a dream. The only thing FM wise I can't do well is the 3d Match viewer, but I don't like it anyway, so it's not remotely a bother to me.

I've always liked the idea of a decent laptop, but for what I'd want, it'd be too expensive. That's why I stick with a desktop PC always. That and I like being able to easily expand a desktop PC when I want to.

I don't like the fact I wouldn't be able to go to lectures or library with... so a fairly decent laptop which runs FM/video editing software easily would be fine and aslong as it looks good.

Wont look as good as the all the MacBooks the rich kids in my lectures have though, all 8 of them!

My current laptop is a Dell.

Didn't get a great one - was £380. But it runs like a dream. The only thing FM wise I can't do well is the 3d Match viewer, but I don't like it anyway, so it's not remotely a bother to me.

I heard mixed feeling about Dell. Then I realised that I have an Advent laptop at the moment, anything would be better that this and Dell offer a decent service if it breaks anyway.

I don't like 3D, I always use commentary only... but I'd use the top end 3D matches just for the sake of it :D

Ty, I had a Dell laptop back in July last year, it was terrible, within 8 weeks it had a harddrive/software error, in other words the blue screen of death, took it round to my mate's who fixes laptops, couldn't do anything with it, wouldn't touch a Dell laptop again, you want to go Samsung! Never had a problem with the one I have :cool:

See, this is where the whole "I hear mixed feelings about Dell" comes from.

I haven't made up my mind yet, I am still looking, got a whole 5 weeks yet. Cheers though :D

You don't have to be a racist to make a racist comment.
'Just' abused another member... make it sound so casual, like an everyday thing :D

I'm not a racist. Never have been and never will be. I think I've upset a friend having not talked to her throughout the bus journey home. Luckily I'll see her and another friend to explain the depressiveness, hopefully. The friend in questions friend kissed me. She instigated it and considering I've only ever kissed one girl apart from this girl, from school. year 10,(shockingly as well) I don't know what to do now :(. She ****ed off to a gay bar so I couldn't exactly talk to her anymore. It also turns out she went home shortly after gettong to the gay bar. My mind is all over the place. Sent a text message apologising, but dunno if that's enough.

I also seen a girl that I liked the look of and went and spoke to her, she was waiting for her friend. The rejection didn't bother me. But losing 2 friends does and yes I'm smashed. I should really go bed as I have work tomorrow.

I should add, as that isn't clear. I didn't kiss my friend. I kissed my friends friend. I like my friends friend but it was just the manner in which it happened. Dancing with the girl and then she started kissing me :D. Quite cringeworthy tbh, as well it was unexpected. My friends should be fine and I'll see them in a few hours to explain.

Edit: Again, the girl I went and spoke to, I didn't know. Just some random girl that I liked the look of. It felt good asking her and I need to do it more often, but just with a better outcome :D.

I know, but the comment, you don't have to be a racist to make a racist comment. A bit well, I dunno.

Well you don't. For instance, I don't think Luis Suarez is a racist. Just stupid.

Though after today, I think he's a complete and utter **** aswell.

I had a Dell PC for 4 years before getting my Dell laptop that I've had for just under a year now. never had any issues with either, both are great :thup: PC is still used by my mum. it's slow, I mean realllllllly slow, but after almost 5 years of being used every day for multiple purposes, it's bound to run a bit slow. give the thing a break.

I had a Dell PC for 4 years before getting my Dell laptop that I've had for just under a year now. never had any issues with either, both are great :thup: PC is still used by my mum. it's slow, I mean realllllllly slow, but after almost 5 years of being used every day for multiple purposes, it's bound to run a bit slow. give the thing a break.

NO! It doesn't deserve a break :mad:

Probably agree with your comment there Tom :lol:. He didn't do himself any favours at all. He didn't help Dalglish or the club either. Stupid way to act, although Evra shouldn't have done what he did at full time either. Something was bound to kick off then. Anyway, United probably deserved victory, although all 3 goals could have been avoided.

i know that hardly anyone will watch spl football here (dont blame them) but watch out for mackay-steven. absolute joy to watch!

I've always had a soft spot for Dundee United. Good win for them at St. Johnstone... who sort of fell apart in the last 10 minutes of the game by the looks of it.

Last time I went to watch Dundee United was some way back, New Years Day game against Aberdeen. Alex McLeish was at the back for the Dons, whilst Duncan Ferguson was up front for Dundee United. :p