Your Team: Liverpool

Seller: Juventus

Player's Value: £4.7m

Offer: £9.5m

Wages Offered: £45k/week

Transfer/Wage Budget: Transfer - £41.24m | Wage - £253k/week spare

Patch: Lastest patch

Season: 2013/14

He's been listed by request for a while and my curiosity has taken over. I've had an offer accepted and I've offered a contract, so the sooner someone can get back to me, the better.

Buying/Selling: SELLING

Player Name: CHRISTIAN CHIVU

Your Team: INTER

Buyer/Seller: Porto

Player's Value: £4m

Offer: £4m

Patch: Latest/Weegie update

Season: 1st

Other: Basically he has one yr left on his deal, which I would not renew. However, I like his stats and could be a very useful player, but he's now 30 and has terrible natural fitness, and on big wage. Porto want him though. Could leave me short at Left Back? Don't really have money to replace.

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Diego Milito

Your Team: Inter

Buyer/Seller: Malaga

Player's Value: 6.5m

Offer: 8m

Season:

Same again, his wages are too big and this is my last chance to sell as he's 32. Great player, but I have Quagariella on loan and want to bring in a younger model, possibly Macheda on loan. I'm not bothered about money, but wondered if selling a great player will backfire? Business is business though, and i've managed to get all the high earners out.

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: David Villa

Your Team: Barcelona

Buyer/Seller: N/A

Player's Value: £13.5m

Offer: N/A

Transfer/Wage Budget: £97.36m / £2.9m per week (currently spending £1.8m per week)

Patch: 12.2

Season: 2013/14

Not really a Should I Buy/Sell question as such but I'm currently in October 2013 and Villa's contract expires at the end of the season and he is asking for £140k per week (an increase on his current contract) and won't go any lower. He is now 31 but still an important member of the first team squad although not an automatic first choice and still a fantastic tutor. Even though I could easily afford his wages, I've been trying to reduce the wages at the club including selling Dani Alves among other high earners. If I do sell him, it'll leave me with Sanchez, Pedro, Messi and Muniain as the only established options for the front three although Iniesta and Fabregas can fill in as well as having four or five hot prospects in the U19s or out on loan. So basically, should I keep Villa, sell in Janurary or let him run down his contract and hope he reduces his wage demands?

Not sure really.

If it was me I'd risk it and wait until December 29th or whatever and then offer him a new contract, usually players lower their demands at that point.

I was thinking that too but if I plan on keeping him, I dunno if its worth the wait.

Sell! Someone rich will come in for him.

Maybe when he's still valued at £13.5m but if I offer him out he may disrupt the team's morale as he is on a lot of players favoured personnel. There is no interest in him currently.

-----

Appreciate the replies, cheers.

Got an offer of 49 mio € from Real for this guy:

1024x526.resizedimage

Full size: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481815288369/E8098213094FC43A697F664FD90756C649EA3E51/

Got these to replace him:

New guy for the bench:

1024x526.resizedimage

Full size: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481815290010/8E5A847BCBF0F954A92B7A54E1C6376C28F819EE/

Was going to sell him to allow my youngsters to develop:

1024x526.resizedimage

Full size: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481815289130/BF4C761E030FB1A63329CCE70F994306AF86AD93/

I don't need the money, but 50 million!!!

Last season league stats:

Spindola 16 goals 10 assists in 28 games 7.54 rating

Luizinho 13 goals 12 assists in 21 games 7.69 rating

I have been aware of this player, and he has been on my radar for the last 3 seasons and he has now been included in the Holland squad for the World Cup and scored 4 goals in 3 games in the group stage already.

melvinbond.png

As you can see, he is a good striker and just finished a fantastic season in Holland, scoring 30+ goals.

In my team PSG, we are playing with 3 strikers :thup: and we currently have 9 strikers in the first team... 3 of them will leave on a free transfer in the next 10 days. We then have 14 strikers in the development squad (the reserves), some have just returned to the club after having spent the last season out on loan. And 5 strikers in the U19 team.

Normally I want the players in my development squad to replace a player in the first team who is leaving the club and their is some good players in the reserve squad but Melvin Bond looks so good and still only 20 years old...

Promote a player from my development squad or spend £30M on Melvin Bond?

I'd sell him for that money, plus your replacements look very good.

Accepted the offer, but player thought the contract offer was unacceptable and insulting. :D

Of course when spending 50m on the transfer fee you got to save somewhere... ;-)

Surely you can get rid of some players and replace him with this guy? He is a beast and you shouldnt pass up the opportunity to work with him :cool:.

Offer accepted, contract accepted... but deal cancelled by me in the end :D

I rather give one of my own products from the youth academy a run in the first team. I'm not prepared to sell one of my long-serving strikers at the club and also some of the youngsters at the club are very promising.

Selling

Player Name: Isidro Rodriguez

Your Team: Manchester United

Buying Club: Arsenal

Player's Value: £21million

Offer: £40million - straight cash

Transfer/Wage Budget: £76million/£2million (Currently spending £1.2million)

Patch: 12.2.2

Season: Halfway through season fourteen (January 2025)

The money doesn't particularly matter - I have no real issues there. It's whether or not it is the right time to sell with him being 28. He is obviously a very good player, but £40million is a huge amount for anyone. I already have a 20 year old right winger in my squad who performs very well when he come into a team, so I wouldn't need to go out and spend on a like for like replacement - a good player to rotate would do.

Any advice?

If that was me I'd be selling and buying a better replacement.

It's mainly because it's such a good offer for a player I don't like the look of. Might be a bit harsh on him but he does seem a bit plain for the top, top tier of clubs. Must be some super newgen RW out there for decent money?

I have reluctantly decided to accept the offer, and it is now up to the player to decide.

In the end it hasn't come down to how good the player is and whether or not i'd be able to find a suitable replacement - it has purely being a financial decision. I can't refuse a fee that would cover two thirds of my annual wage expenditure.

Hmmmm, he rejected their offer. :p
tbh I think you should try to transferlist him (set him as not needed and unavailable for loan) and then try to offer him out for £50m just to see if anyone would bite

Buying

Player Name: Nigel De Jong

Your Team: Spurs

Seller: City

Player's Value: £5.5m

Offer: £5.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £22.11m / £286k

Season: Before third

Sandro first team, old Parker and no youngster for DM

Sandro very rarely got injured on my save, he played pretty much every game of the campaign.

Your best option is to buy a youngster (aged less than 21) and get Parker tutoring him, and then when Sandro needs resting you can always play Parker for a match or two. Then by the time Parker leaves, you will have a youngster ready for first team action given the right training.

Buying

Players: Antoine Griezmann/Gaston Ramirez

Your Team: West Brom

Seller: Real Sociedad/Bologna

Player's Value: 5.75m/5.5m

Offer: 20m/65k - 20m/65k

Transfer/Wage Budget: Irrelevant, don't want to pay anything ridiculous.

Season: Summer 2013

Need a left-side attacking midfielder for the new season (finished third last year) to join Sigurdsson and Belhanda. Both will cost me the same amount of money although Griezmann's demanding huge appearance fees so I may just bump his wage up to 70k. Thinking Ramirez because he's a better passer and a bit cheaper, but any other thoughts?

Selling

Player Name: Luka Modric (Aged 28)

Your Team: Spurs

Buying Club: Man City

Player's Value: £22 million

Offer: £40million lump sum

Transfer/Wage Budget: No issue

Patch: 12.2.2

Season: August 2014.

Money is irrelevant; I've sold Bale for £36m because he wasn't worth keeping (played him at LB; no wingers) and my developing guys were fine. I've got Mascherano (30 - signed on Bosman), Sigurdsson, Sandro, Fellaini & Ross Barkley for my 3 MC spots if I sell him. He wants £58k pw for the next two years though (£6m).

Any advice?

Buying

Players: Antoine Griezmann/Gaston Ramirez

Your Team: West Brom

Seller: Real Sociedad/Bologna

Player's Value: 5.75m/5.5m

Offer: 20m/65k - 20m/65k

Transfer/Wage Budget: Irrelevant, don't want to pay anything ridiculous.

Season: Summer 2013

Need a left-side attacking midfielder for the new season (finished third last year) to join Sigurdsson and Belhanda. Both will cost me the same amount of money although Griezmann's demanding huge appearance fees so I may just bump his wage up to 70k. Thinking Ramirez because he's a better passer and a bit cheaper, but any other thoughts?

Of the two I prefer Griezmann but to be honest I think there are better players for that price. Take a look at Douglas Costa, Konoplyanka, Yarmolenko.

Archived