FM12 : Should I buy or sell thread!!!

Purefun

Buying

Players: Antoine Griezmann/Gaston Ramirez

Your Team: West Brom

Seller: Real Sociedad/Bologna

Player's Value: 5.75m/5.5m

Offer: 20m/65k - 20m/65k

Transfer/Wage Budget: Irrelevant, don't want to pay anything ridiculous.

Patch: 12.2

Season: Summer 2013

Need a left-side attacking midfielder for the new season (finished third last year) to join Sigurdsson and Belhanda. Both will cost me the same amount of money although Griezmann's demanding huge appearance fees so I may just bump his wage up to 70k. Thinking Ramirez because he's a better passer and a bit cheaper, but any other thoughts?

Griezmann, he can turn world class and has done many times for me

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buying

Players: Sebastien Corchia

Your Team: Nantes

Seller: Sochaux

Player's Value: £2.6m

Offer: £12.5m (over 48 months)

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: Summer 2013

Need a new RB and it's a toss up between this guy and Allan from Vasco, who is more versatile as he also plays in midfield (like Danilo) and would only cost £4m. I know Corchia becomes world class but £12.5m would mean using most of my budget up and I still need a couple of players for the squad after this...the dilemma is I think his sale price is cheap and I can sell him on in a season or 2 for >£24m to one of the European giants

Buying

Players: Sergio Busquets

Your Team: Chelsea

Seller: Barcelona

Player's Value: £15m

Offer: £10mil (accepted)

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: Summer 2012

I just noticed barca have him transfer listed, would he be an improvement on ramires/essien?

Buying

Players: Sergio Busquets

Your Team: Chelsea

Seller: Barcelona

Player's Value: £15m

Offer: £10mil (accepted)

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: Summer 2012

I just noticed barca have him transfer listed, would he be an improvement on ramires/essien?

Essien is getting old so he would be an adequate replacement.

his mental attributes are gash and he dont look much better then your current wingers, so 10,5m sound way to expensive to me

My reasoning behind it was that I am in need of some home grown players due to being in the Champions League so he would have fulfilled that role, and Popa hasnt played well at all this season.

My reasoning behind it was that I am in need of some home grown players due to being in the Champions League so he would have fulfilled that role, and Popa hasnt played well at all this season.
to be honest, I dont really rate any of the players you currently have ether (they have similar flaws), I just think dont that the new guy you are considering to buy would be a massive improvement on what you already have

all will ofcorse depend on how you play and what you are looking for the player in question to do

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Jack Robinson

Your Team: Real Madrid

Buyer/Seller: Liverpool

Player's Value: £12M

Offer: £37M accepted

Transfer/Wage Budget: £600M

Season:2017-18

Had the bid accepted, just wondering if he is worth it. he is 24 at the moment so young with a good few years ahead of him. he will be replacing chielinni and lahm whose contracts I wont be renewing. Jack robinson will be joining at the end of the season

Just had this bid:

markstewartnewsinbox11.png

All upfront for this player:

maximkerimovoverviewpro.png

He's only been at the club for one season and I paid big money for him after tracking him for about 3 years. We don't really need the cash as I've got a very good young squad who should be capable of challenging for honours for the next few seasons without any massive investment, but it does represent a huge lump of capital for the club.

So what do you think, take their cash and use it, or tell them to sling their hook and avoid strengthening a possible European rival.

Player Name: Jack Robinson

Your Team: Real Madrid

Buyer/Seller: Liverpool

Player's Value: £12M

Offer: £37M accepted

Transfer/Wage Budget: £600M

Season:2017-18

Had the bid accepted, just wondering if he is worth it. he is 24 at the moment so young with a good few years ahead of him. he will be replacing chielinni and lahm whose contracts I wont be renewing. Jack robinson will be joining at the end of the season

He is definitely worth buying as he turns out world class (well he has on my Liverpool saves) but £37M is a lot, mind you, you have £600m to spend

Just had this bid:

He's only been at the club for one season and I paid big money for him after tracking him for about 3 years. We don't really need the cash as I've got a very good young squad who should be capable of challenging for honours for the next few seasons without any massive investment, but it does represent a huge lump of capital for the club.

So what do you think, take their cash and use it, or tell them to sling their hook and avoid strengthening a possible European rival.

id say dont sell. he looks quality, and I am at the same stage as you in the game and struggle to find players of quality like your chap here. unless you need strengthening in other areas and already have a replacement for this guy, then do not sell

Just had this bid:

If you don't need the money then I'd look to keep him unless you can get a good enough replacement for less

I've got this lad as his back up, he's actually been at the club longer. Coaches reckon he has potential to play at similar level to Kerimov, but he's not quite there yet.

zlatkopirihoverviewprof.png

I've gone back to Barcelona and told them if they want to pay £80 million then thay can have Kerimov....if they're that desperate.

and will he be getting a new contract? he has got a long time to go on an already good wage, i personally would refuse it

Yeah he's already one of my highest paid players, only Abel Hernandez is on more, so I've turned it down at the moment.

@Falahk

I am considering training him to be a right back, but I already have quite a bit of competition there as it is.

DandyDon

Personally I wouldn't sell because as you have said, you don't need the money so no point strengthening an a European rival. Need some advice myself:

Currently playing a quick game with Chelsea while waiting on the post-transfer window updates and just finished season 1 winning the league and both domestic cups. Two offers of £31m up front (from Real Madrid and Man City) have come in for Essien who even at this stage of his career is improving and performed well last season, especially at RB when Ivanovic was injured. Think I'll reject the offer from City and accpet Madrid's offer as he isn't first choice in any position and could be replaced with a younger player as I'm trying to lower the age of my squad like IRL. Opinions?

DandyDon

Personally I wouldn't sell because as you have said, you don't need the money so no point strengthening an a European rival. Need some advice myself:

Currently playing a quick game with Chelsea while waiting on the post-transfer window updates and just finished season 1 winning the league and both domestic cups. Two offers of £31m up front (from Real Madrid and Man City) have come in for Essien who even at this stage of his career is improving and performed well last season, especially at RB when Ivanovic was injured. Think I'll reject the offer from City and accpet Madrid's offer as he isn't first choice in any position and could be replaced with a younger player as I'm trying to lower the age of my squad like IRL. Opinions?

I'd go with accepting the Real Madrid offer. No point in selling a domestic rival if you can avoid it. Even though he's improving and had a good season for you, you could get 2 or 3 quality players in for that money.

I'd go with accepting the Real Madrid offer. No point in selling a domestic rival if you can avoid it. Even though he's improving and had a good season for you, you could get 2 or 3 quality players in for that money.

Thinking the same myself, I'm playing an asymmetric 4-2-3-1 meaning Essien can play at RB, DMC, RM or MC. Currently the options are:

RB: Ivanovic, Coleman

DMC: Mikel, Romeu, Kara

RM: Ramires, Meireles, Oscar

CM: Lampard, McEachran, Felipe Anderson, Hazard

Think that means there are too many talented younger players needing the game time as opposed to Essien so off to Madrid he goes! Cheers:thup:

DandyDon

who would be his replacement?

who would be his replacement?

Well he played most of his games at RB or RM as my CM is more of a creative so I'll just buy young back ups for Ivanovic and Ramires although the squad might be deep enough as it is.

Could people please help me with the deciding between which of these two players I should sign. I have read my scout reports and just can't decide. I only play 1 striker up front and that is Salamon Rondon at the moment.

Player Name: Luuk de Jong

Your Team: Malaga

Buyer/Seller: Buyer

Player's Value: 3.5 million

Offer: 7.5 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: 13 million

Patch:

Season: 2nd Season

or

Player Name: Sloan Privat

Your Team: Malaga

Buyer/Seller: Buyer

Player's Value: 2.8 million

Offer: 6.5 million

Transfer/Wage Budget:13 million

Patch:

Season: 2nd season

For my benefit, could you please screenshot and link for de Jong & Privat? I am so far into the game that they no longer exist so I would love to see what they look like.

For my benefit, could you please screenshot and link for de Jong & Privat? I am so far into the game that they no longer exist so I would love to see what they look like.

sloanprivat.th.jpg

luukdejong.th.jpg

Not sure if this is any help as i,m not exactly sure what to do

Nope, thats fine.

I personally prefer Privat and he comes cheaper so if it was me I would go for him.

Do you think that with de Jong being younger there may be more room for improvement?

You are right that Privat is cheaper by about a million and there wage demand nearly the same. I'm have managed to qualify for the champions league and noticed de Jong scored in Europe whilst Privat has not played in Europe yet.

Hmmm.... I'm still stuck!!

Do you think that with de Jong being younger there may be more room for improvement?

You are right that Privat is cheaper by about a million and there wage demand nearly the same. I'm have managed to qualify for the champions league and noticed de Jong scored in Europe whilst Privat has not played in Europe yet.

Hmmm.... I'm still stuck!!

If it was my money I'd probably choose Privat on those screenshots as he has the better finishing and composure and will cost less.

Been offered this lad by Inter Milan for £11.5 million

giuliocannoneoverviewpr.png

Already have 2 very good strikers in the squad, but not sure I like the thought of this lad turning up at one of my league rivals. So what do you think, snap their hand off?

could you use him as an inside forward on the left wing? he seems quite well suited for that...

could you use him as an inside forward on the left wing? he seems quite well suited for that...

Yeah he might fit in quite well with my squad in that role, I've gone back to Inter with a slightly lower offer see if they're willing to drop the price a bit.

Yeah he might fit in quite well with my squad in that role, I've gone back to Inter with a slightly lower offer see if they're willing to drop the price a bit.

Hopefully! i'd have tried 9million myself

Yeah I tried them with a 9 million offer...unfortunately Man City, Spurs and Bayern Munich all went in with the 11.5 million so I've had to match their offers if I want a chance

well he looks to be worth it! hopefully he settles into your squad and develops a bit more! just need to improve on his passing and crossing if you want a good out and out winger :)

Player Name: Aly Cissokho OR Jordi Alba

Your Team: Barcelona

Buyer/Seller: Lyon/Valencia

Player's Value:

Offer: around £13m

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch: 12.3

Season: 1st

I'm Barcelona, I need a left back who's better (and younger) than Eric Abidal. Narrowed it down to Jordi Alba or Aly Cissokho, they're both roughly the same price but I can't pick between them. Anybody got any thoughts/opinions?

Player Name: Aly Cissokho OR Jordi Alba

Your Team: Barcelona

Buyer/Seller: Lyon/Valencia

Player's Value:

Offer: around £13m

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch: 12.3

Season: 1st

I'm Barcelona, I need a left back who's better (and younger) than Eric Abidal. Narrowed it down to Jordi Alba or Aly Cissokho, they're both roughly the same price but I can't pick between them. Anybody got any thoughts/opinions?

I'd say Jordi Alba...but I'd pretty much be basing that on what I've seen of him in real life to be honest.

He is a wee bit younger and he's Spanish of course so I just think he'd be a better fit.

Buying

Player Name: Luciano Narsingh

Your Team: Newcastle United

Seller: Heerenveen

Player's Value: £2.5m

Offer: £16m over 48 months

Wages Offered: £48k/week

Transfer/Wage Budget: Transfer - £5.1m | Wage - £364k/week rem. (obviously I have flexibility here with such a high remaining wage budget)

Patch: Lastest patch

Season: 2012/13

Buying

Player Name: Kiko Femenia

Seller: Bercelona

Player's Value: £2.4m

Offer: £7.25m cash

Wages Offered: £12.5k/week

Whoever I sign would be first team over Victor Moses. I'm looking for someone to provide assists for Seydou Doumbia, and Moses seems happier when he's taking on the entire opposing team and attempting to score.

I am a fond admirer of Narsingh and his teamwork, but Femenia seems almost at the same level and much cheaper. My main worry is that I'm paying too much for Narsingh. Femenia was my plan B but he's willing to accept a much lower deal. My head is chewed up over this one, and not for the first time. I've had very similar headaches over Bassong/Shawcross and Doumbia/Hulk so far. This money is almost a bloody curse! Thankyou in advance :)

Anothr little gripe... Kiko Femenia has requested a transfer and has an asking price in place, set at £4.8m, yet they will accept no offer under £7.25m. Whats going on there, then? I've known clubs accept bids below a player's asking price, but never put one in place then accept nothing other than almist twice as much. There's no chance he'll get football at Barca, and no other teams seem to be showing any interest, so should I hold out until January and see if they take the asking price? I'm in October so I'd have to wait until January for his arrival anyway...

Buying

Player Name: Luciano Narsingh

Your Team: Newcastle United

Seller: Heerenveen

Player's Value: £4.5m

Offer: approx. £10m (according to my scouts)

Wages Offered: £40-£50kpw (according to my scouts)

Transfer/Wage Budget: Transfer - £10m | Wage - £150k/week rem.

Patch: Lastest patch

Season: End of 2012/13

OR...

Buying

Player Name: Antonio Valencia

Seller: Bercelona

Player's Value: £5.5m

Offer: £5.5m

Wages Offered: £44kpw

Same problem... looking for assists from the right wing. Both players have good teamwork, crossing and physical attributes, Narsigh having the superior accelaration but Valencia bossing him on strength. They look like they will take around the same wage, but it seems I would have to pay double in transfer cash for the younger of the pair. That said, Narsingh is a whole five years younger than Valencia, and already lists myself as one of his favourite personnel. I'm a big fan of both, but there is only room for one of them in my squad. I'm not sure if it matters, but there is one compatriot at the club for each of the options, although I plan to loan the Ecquadorian Joel Valencia out next season. Tim Krul is still first choice.

Are either of these wingers much better than the other? If not, the basic argument for signing either player would be youth versus experience, as well as the obvious financial difference. And with Narsigh being so young (22), I'd imagine that good performances would lead to even higher wage demands.

Archived