• Created
  • Last Reply

congrats ppl you broke the forum for a sec XD

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 755444856

Varnish cache server

how could anuone think that it would be out now, it´s not weekend yet.

Late friday or saturday[/quote

it will be friday 12am if not before it wont be friday night saturday morning. no chance but either way for me if up and running for sunday im as happy as a pig in the proverbial as thats best day for me to play on it!

Just to throw the old pigeon in amongst the dogs, i wonder how many of the people hating steam a few weeks ago are now sitting with steam open waiting for the demo to be available :D

Oh not many I'd of thought :rolleyes:

The funny thing is, your probably right, there will be loads of 'I hate steam, death to steam' types now sitting there going 'come on steam where is my demo':rolleyes:

Is the Demo available from other sources or just based on steam? I have steam, just havent updated it for a long while lol..

Fm12 demo is not displaying on Steam yet, I just did a search for it. Your would think it would be available on multiple download locations.

The demo isn't out, so it won't be on there yet. The reason why I think the Demo is only on Steam is because if SI/SEGA decided to have it on different downloads, you'd get loads of people asking why can't the full game be like that. If they have it on Steam from the start, then no one can complain, hopefully.

The demo isn't out, so it won't be on there yet. The reason why I think the Demo is only on Steam is because if SI/SEGA decided to have it on different downloads, you'd get loads of people asking why can't the full game be like that. If they have it on Steam from the start, then no one can complain, hopefully.

Sorry if I've completely missed the point, but what does the bold part mean?? Be like what? I want to experience the demo first before I buy the game, if this is only available for download on steam, so be it.

I'm not surprise if the demo would be steam exclusive. If the full game needs steam to run, it's easier to SI/SEGA to release the demo only from that plataform.

And i think this is a good ideia. Perhaps when some people try the demo trough steam, they will be convinced that steam will not overload their PC's, will not have FBI or CIA knocking on their doors, will not have some strange alien ships landing on their roofs, etc etc

As for the release date, i'm thinking friday at 12:00. Instead of the daily blog, we will get the demo.

Sorry if I've completely missed the point, but what does the bold part mean?? Be like what? I want to experience the demo first before I buy the game, if this is only available for download on steam, so be it.

Some people, have said that they aren't willing to use Steam for whatever reasons. So whilst you can buy the game in boxed form, it still has to be registered/unlocked(right word) on Steam. So in response to Wiitastic saying that he doesn't know why they can't have it(demo) from download from other places. If that's what he meant, so what I meant is and this is from reading the last few posts of this thread is, that the demo will only be available on Steam. If it was available to download or to get from somewhere else, then some people may ask why the full game can't be used without Steam.

If I've misread everything and got it wrong, then sorry.

What he means is, if they release the demo without the need for steam there will be a huge outcry from the anti-steam people asking why they can do it for the demo but not the real game.

*edit*

beaten too it!!

i'd be very supprised if its only available on Steam, would limit the people to download it and play it. by having it on multiple locations, it would maximise the potential of future sales of the full game.

I'm not in the know and don't want to start any hassle, but I think it may only be available on Steam. The reason being is it would be a lot easier for SI/SEGA and may actually persuade some of the doubters of Steam, then again it may not.

'Loads of people complaining' makes no difference to SI/Sega. I would have thought it would be sensible to make it available from different sources, to try and lure in those who are undecided about buying the game because of DRM.

oops - just made a thread on this before i found this one.

What about those of who are region locked out of getting anything to do with FM through STEAM (although we can still buy a game and activate it) - A STEAM only release would prevent a lot of people from even being able to access demo (germany and korea for example)

oops - just made a thread on this before i found this one.

What about those of who are region locked out of getting anything to do with FM through STEAM (although we can still buy a game and activate it) - A STEAM only release would prevent a lot of people from even being able to access demo (germany and korea for example)

Good point! I didn't remember that.

Didn't they release FM2011 demo first on steam, and 1 or 2 days later trough direct download?

I would have thought it would be sensible to make it available from different sources, to try and lure in those who are undecided about buying the game because of DRM.

Not really, if they release it through different sites/ways without the need for Steam, then you'd get alot of people who aren't keen on using Steam, asking why the demo can be used without Steam and not the full game.

Not really, if they release it through different sites/ways without the need for Steam, then you'd get alot of people who aren't keen on using Steam, asking why the demo can be used without Steam and not the full game.

They could easily answer to that...."because we want! end of story"

Yes, but I think I covered that in the part of the post you left out:

'Loads of people complaining' makes no difference to SI/Sega. I would have thought it would be sensible to make it available from different sources, to try and lure in those who are undecided about buying the game because of DRM.

Hmm, it appears that every thread related to release MUST be used to have a pop at folk who do not want/like/trust steam.

Milner, Kaiser et al how about giving it a rest.

Hmm, it appears that every thread related to release MUST be used to have a pop at folk who do not want/like/trust steam.

Milner, Kaiser et al how about giving it a rest.

It really was only ment as a bit of fun, i am in no mood to get into another steam argument really, i was just having a laugh. I am not in anyway wanting to have a go at those not using steam or avoiding FM this time around.

Some people, have said that they aren't willing to use Steam for whatever reasons. So whilst you can buy the game in boxed form, it still has to be registered/unlocked(right word) on Steam. So in response to Wiitastic saying that he doesn't know why they can't have it(demo) from download from other places. If that's what he meant, so what I meant is and this is from reading the last few posts of this thread is, that the demo will only be available on Steam. If it was available to download or to get from somewhere else, then some people may ask why the full game can't be used without Steam.

If I've misread everything and got it wrong, then sorry.

I now understand, and i fully am behind Steam, its a great tool and bought many a bargins.. Titan Quest and Expansion is one of them for liek £2.50.. many late nights.. :)

Kaiser, I don't but some will & you risk the thread degenerating into to the usual 'I love Steam, why don't you?' 'I hate steam' nonsense.

Just my two pence anyway.

As for the demo I stopped downloading them a good few years ago, I know what to expect out of FM & the demo never results in me deciding not to buy it, it's still off my shopping list for now though.

Kaiser, I don't but some will & you risk the thread degenerating into to the usual 'I love Steam, why don't you?' 'I hate steam' nonsense.

Just my two pence anyway.

As for the demo I stopped downloading them a good few years ago, I know what to expect out of FM & the demo never results in me deciding not to buy it, it's still off my shopping list for now though.

its ok we have super Kriss here to make sure it stays at least civil!! :D

I do see what your saying tho, like i say i only wanted to make a (bad) joke, not to start an argument.

Archived