Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 FM11.2 Tactic and Discussion

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starskysdad - I agree! :)

have implemented the tweaks recommended by macca72 in post 73 for away games and these work a treat.

Well done Mr Hough, great tactic

When it comes to width, it's quite narrow so do i have to put it to number 17 for example or just 2 clicks from where it is? Thanks

welcome back dave and welcome back 433 !!

my much preferred way of playing

i used similar to your fm10 formation in my online game ...if you recall i posted so at the time

this year i have tried every formation , coming to the conclussion that i just dont like the way wide formations play

have just finished my first season at stockport , winning the league with 112 points loosing just once to 2nd placed chesterfield , im my online game (CLAN) i started dreadfull and half way thru season was bottom

after tinkering with a 4123 i found on here i started to play smart , quick diamond passing and creating bag fulls of chances for the strikers

even thou i have done so well , it never seems to quite work properly

my midfielders all ways seem to be bumping into my str and stl , the str and stl also seem to struggle to get involved

LOOKING at your tactic , we have the strikers very similar ..... but our midfield and defence are set up totally different

i will now have a bash with your tac to see what your changes make to my new season

thanks dave ,

im using mr houghs but im worried about this bug with copying instructions over. can anyone help? jj919's post confused me on the archived bit

thanks,

paul

what kind of bug ?? maybe MR hough can make screens of alle the instructions (corner def, att / free kick def ,att and the team instructions)??

im using mr houghs but im worried about this bug with copying instructions over. can anyone help? jj919's post confused me on the archived bit

thanks,

paul

hello, if your just using 1 tactic and not tweaking then you have nothing to worry about, if you are tweaking and changing tactics then when you change tactics you need to make sure that the tactic screen is on normal ie showing the players on the left and the tactic screen on the right, the bug is if say you had the left side panel viewing your centreback ratings and then change to a new tactic then the old centreback ratings switch over, thats also the same for team instructions. hope this helps.

hi mr.hough...thank you for the tactic and i'm sorry for my bad bad english..

i would make some tweaks to my PC in your tactic but i can't resolve my problem...

i would that my PC became to TC role during my possession(like a 41212) but always(any tweaks i made)he stay at the top...in a sort of 41221...

mentality is 10 for PC

and 17 for the other strikers...so i think it's right for my design of squad...isn't so...

i tried many things but always the tactic stay to a sort of 41221...how can i switch to 41212??

As i said in the OP the defence could use abit of work, I don't think it is a major issue though and if you have players with the Attributtes i have mentioned it will be fine.

You could try the Match Preperation also. Either Team Blend or Defence Positioning would help. I would go with Team Blend though becuase that work on everything instead of just one Specfic area.

Good Luck if you decide to keep using.

I always use Team Blend, for some reason my sides work more like clockwork whenever I've chosen it. The players attributes seem ok as well, just created filters and most of my players appear

Seeing as Shericas tactic has just fallen to bits (lost 5 out of the last 7, garbage performances, no idea what's going on), and the last time I can remember having my side anywhere near it's best was when I gave this tactic a go, I'll be switching back now to yours, giving it a full pre-season and seasons worth of testing in L2. Back to back promotions (hopefully, 9 points clear with 5 games to go, I should be going up again) with AFC Telford

no disrespect to mr hough at all as i havent actually tried this tactic yet to form an opinion. I would just like to ask jayscfc if sherica's is actually better than this tactic and why? i too used shericas tactic and i found although it scored loads of goals it wasnt really defensively as sound as its attack, also i noticed after a while the tactic stared to loose its effectiveness.

please give me a reply asap mate:)

I don't think I gave it enough of a chance. I gave it a 5 game go which even I know isn't a good enough test for any tactic and it seemed to me that Shericas tactic was a little bit more defensively sound, especially down the flanks. Pretty much every goal I conceded during the 5 game test was from crosses into the box

But, I've just noticed that myself about Shericas tactic. It's fallen to pieces, the fluid nature of passing is gone, no one can finish anymore, I'm leaking goals right, left and centre and the performances have turned absolutely dire. As I've said though, got 5 games left of this season, I'm going to switch to Mr Houghs tactic now just to attempt to guarantee promotion into L2

Let you know how I get on again, really don't feel like I tested it anywhere near good enough

Seems like I appear to be one of the few who just can't get this tactic to work properly, perhaps being a top team without good players is the reason. Like the previous tactics the fullbacks are getting way too far forward.

Jealous of the people who are getting this to work wonders!

update from my blackpool game - first 5 games

away against everton won 4-3 excellent result

home against the scum man u lol thumped me 3-0

carling cup reserve team 5 southend 0 bless em

brummies grrrr 6 - me 2 grrr

wait for this result, blackpool 2- chelski 0 - amazing, pure class amazing lol

big boy harwood player of the month 5 goals in 4 games from the centre, nearly gave up because of the scum result and my short attention span, glad i didnt will see how far i can take the mighty blackpool lol

Mr Hough i have put in a request for you to be knighted, asked her majesty for some beers instead of tea lol

updates more to come

Seems to work great for teams with great players but dont all tactics. I will keep trying this but it doesnt seem very good if you are underdogs. Would be interesting to see if anyone is having top results with lower teams in the prem because so far I have tried it with man u and it wins most games but so does most other tactics even the default ones. Then tried with a promoted Derby and then with Everton and it didnt pull any trees up at all. In fact I am finding that his tactic from last year is better than this one at the moment. Will give it a full season with everton and see what happens but so far the best iv found is frankies blitz tactic and Daves tactic from last years game.

is frankys blitz tactic actually any good? everyone seems to be talking about it and comparing other tactics to it. Can anyone who has used it give me an idea of the amount of goals it scores and concedes per season roughly?

thanks

is frankys blitz tactic actually any good? everyone seems to be talking about it and comparing other tactics to it. Can anyone who has used it give me an idea of the amount of goals it scores and concedes per season roughly?

thanks

ask the same question on the frankys blitz thread

thanks

Well there are no wonder tactics this year so far and i feel that thas alot down to strikers missing 90% of the chances they get. Tactics are far less important and the game is more realistic now, basically if you have the best players you will win and if you dont you will lose but i found the blitz tactic gave me a bit more threat than anything else i tried and turned a few games i expected to lose into draws and wins. Finished 5th in the prem with a promoted Derby side 1st season in prem with it so nothing like mr houghs tactic last year with which i could win any division with any team easily but its still decent.

Seems to work great for teams with great players but dont all tactics. I will keep trying this but it doesnt seem very good if you are underdogs. Would be interesting to see if anyone is having top results with lower teams in the prem because so far I have tried it with man u and it wins most games but so does most other tactics even the default ones. Then tried with a promoted Derby and then with Everton and it didnt pull any trees up at all. In fact I am finding that his tactic from last year is better than this one at the moment. Will give it a full season with everton and see what happens but so far the best iv found is frankies blitz tactic and Daves tactic from last years game.

Amazingly, i've just beat man u at Old Trafford in the quarters of the league cup (I'm Leeds first season). Try my tweaks from earlier on in the thread for away games, working great for me.

Amazingly, i've just beat man u at Old Trafford in the quarters of the league cup (I'm Leeds first season). Try my tweaks from earlier on in the thread for away games, working great for me.

Will give it a go, its the away games im having trouble with.

thanks

It's excellent. I've tried numerous so called 'top tactics' for FM11 but Frankies tactic is the best by far but that's not comparing it to Mr. H's new tactic as I've not got around to testing it out yet, simply because Frankies is working so well for me.

It's excellent. I've tried numerous so called 'top tactics' for FM11 but Frankies tactic is the best by far but that's not comparing it to Mr. H's new tactic as I've not got around to testing it out yet, simply because Frankies is working so well for me.

thanks, fair enough. the only thing is ive heard with Franky's tactic is that you have to sell all your creative midfielders in place of the more industrious and hard working type, in order for the tactic to work. Im not sure if i would like this. Is this true?

Mr houghs tactics always allow for creative and the more hard working/ball winning midfielders.

Have tried this for first half of a season with my Preston game - 2nd season in Premier League and had finished 13th last season before improving squad over summer. Really not working for me - am 17th and scoring hardly any, but conceding plenty. Perhaps the tactic just doesn't suit my players, but I'm not having the success of some of the others.

Have tried this for first half of a season with my Preston game - 2nd season in Premier League and had finished 13th last season before improving squad over summer. Really not working for me - am 17th and scoring hardly any, but conceding plenty. Perhaps the tactic just doesn't suit my players, but I'm not having the success of some of the others.

what you could try doing is having a look at the Player Requirements that i have stated in the OP, This will help you as these type of players fir the tactic perfectly

fixtu.jpg

This tactic is liek a cheat!

sorry, but, when you (all) post this kind of message, can you,please, post the team, the transfer and the team talk please....

because in your team you can have, messi, ronaldo, xavi, pato....pelè and maradona and you can win 10-0 against blackburn

Well no wonder you can't keep possession -.-

Look at Team Settings, I give you a hint, Look at mentality.

Yes it's on 20. You want to keep possession with such high attacking setting? I wish you luck ;).

Switch it to round 13-14 and try ;).

thanks, fair enough. the only thing is ive heard with Franky's tactic is that you have to sell all your creative midfielders in place of the more industrious and hard working type, in order for the tactic to work. Im not sure if i would like this. Is this true?

Mr houghs tactics always allow for creative and the more hard working/ball winning midfielders.

I'm only half way through my first season with the tactic but I think you can still have a creative type of midfielder in there as long as he has at least 14ish in teamwork and work rate. I'm playing somebody in there with 14 in teamwork and work rate and with high creativity, a bit of an all rounder but leaning towards the creative side and he has been outstanding all season as has the tactic. It's still early days using the tacit though so don't take my word as gospel.

Edit - PM me if you have any more questions as I don't want to high jack this thread with somebody else's tactic ;)

Match Preperation is up to you, Or you can leave it to your Assistant Manager.

Team Talks Either do them yourself or if you want your Assistant Manager to do them make sure he has good Stats in Motivation Man Management and Determination.

Pitch Size is Minimum.

No opposition Instructions at all

He also said that if you want to manually set up Match Preparation is best to set it to Team Blend (as it focuses on all areas and not just one). Worload on Average/Medium is fine.

my ass is telling that there is far too much space between the attack and midfield

he has 10 as tactical knowledge.

should i ignore this message? Pls reply, I already posted this question and still didn't get any answers!

thanks in advance!

PS: If I lower the mentatility to one of the 2 strikers(STCR or STCL) by 3 notches to match the mentality of the CMs the message goes away!

to anyone that has tried both mr hough and frankys blitz tactic, which tactic is better in your own opinion? or what are the differences in the style of pla

I've been testing both for the last couple of hours, and is really hard to say wich one is better. One thing I'm sure: they are by far the 2 best tactics in this forum, so I think I'm going to use them both, because dispite being similar in formation, they are different in style of play. So if one seems to be struggling in a particular match I just trow in the other one.

same , i have been trying both also

franky blitz you have way more possesion and in defence its way more sound ....but you create not many chances and the strikers dont perform the same as they do on mr houghs ..even thou they have the same settings

mr houghs version you create loads more ccc , but possesion is a real struggle

i have been trying to combine the 2 , so far its not working

Archived