Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 FM11.2 Tactic and Discussion

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early reports are good, I'm glad.

I just wanted to say to the people who think i am attention seeking and what not, I don't attention seek i try and make the tactic as good as possible thats why i don't release it till i think it's ready, If i had of released it early then you proberly would of had a rubbish tactic and would be complaining instead of praising me.

Mr Hough, do you think there is a bug with the 11.2 patch as it says there is far too much space between the attack and midfield with this tactic yet clearly you have the central striker with the lower normal mentality with the two central midfielders with the higher attacking mentality??? I have dropped the wide two strikers mentality to match the central midfield mentality exactly and in the last ten minutes of the first match played with the tactic I scored 2 more goals!! This looks very promising

hi,

Can someone please reply with an answer to the above question? It's a bug or we need just to adjust the mentality.

Also I'm using another tactic with 2 attacking CMs and a deep lying forward and I receive the same message.

Thanks!

I've played this tactic for 4 games and i'm really impressed. Not so much about the goals but the general build-up is impressive as well.

P4 W4 D0 L0 F13 A2 - And i'm pretty sure, the more the players get used it and i buy the players to go with the tactic, i'm sure i will dominate the league soon. Cheers mr hough. Top tactic. I'll report back at the end of season.

I must say Mr Hough I have not been a fan of your tactics. Although I have tried them out in the past I've never got the results that everyone else has got.

However I am going to give this tactic a serious go, especially considering the hype, not on your part, that this tactic has recieved. I've not scene crazy scenes of a new product since electric light was introduced in Newcastle in 2005.

First game was a 3-1 win against Leeds. Strangly enough on match stats we were the worst side but there is after all only one stat that matters

Overall

P30 W18 D5 L7 F62 A30

Home

P17 W13 D2 L2 F41 A15

Away

P13 W5 D3 L5 F21 A15

Away record with Macca's tweaks

P3 W0 D1 L2 F3 A5

Just to share what i've found, at home this is great, good wins against most teams.

Away, it's sketchy, but i've made a couple of tweaks and the last 4 away games have been

Newcastle 0 - 1 Leeds (Cup)

Cardiff 0 - 1 Leeds

Hull 0 - 4 Leeds

Sheff Utd 0 - 4 Leeds

And the tweaks are...

Take 2 clicks of mentality off every player

Move Width to 2 clicks from the right (Very Wide)

Time Wasting to 3 clicks from the right (Often)

Tick Counter Attack

Change Focus Passing to Down Both Flanks

So in effect i now have a home and away tactic. Working wonders at the moment, i've knocked two Premier League teams out of the carling cup, and am 6 straight wins in the league (Goals for 17, goals against 2)

See if it works for you.

EDIT: Ten consecutive wins now including wins at Preston & QPR

Mr.Hough, please don't get me wrong as I'm a true fan of your work since day one, but your tactic's team and player instructions are 100% the same as Franky's Blitz tactic (thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/246523-Franky-s-Blitz-Tactic-for-FM-11) with just some positional changes in midfield. Is it a coincidence or you based/inspired yourself in his tactic?

EDIT: A little repair here, it seems no matter between how many classic tactics I switch, the team/player instructions always displays the same sliders... (is it a bug?)

Mr.Hough, please don't get me wrong as I'm a true fan of your work since day one, but your tactic's team and player instructions are 100% the same as Franky's Blitz tactic (thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/246523-Franky-s-Blitz-Tactic-for-FM-11) with just some positional changes in midfield. Is it a coincidence or you based/inspired yourself in his tactic?

EDIT: A little repair here, it seems no matter between how many classic tactics I switch, the team/player instructions always displays the same sliders... (is it a bug?)

Hi mate, from what ive seen a lot of the FM11 tactics on the board are based on Mr Houghs FM10.3 tactic.

your 100 percent correct its the major bug of 11.2.1 patch, to change tactics you need to leave the screen on players and tactic pitch, if you hav it on player instructions and team instructions it copies those instructions over to the new tactic, if you look in the general thread/bugs people where going mad over this bug

Good going forward, defensively shambolic

Played 5, Won 3, Drawn 1, Lost 1, Scored 15, Conceded 11

Before switching to this tactic, just to see if it was as good as last years, I had conceded only 14 in all competitions in 17 whilst still scoring freely using Shericas take on the 4-1-2-3

Don't get me wrong, it's a good tactic but after using a tactic that's a lot more stable, especially at the back, it looks like I'll be sticking with Shericas. Defensively, it's superb

First game

CSKA Moscow - Rubin (i'm playing for CSKA)

2-0 win.

Very solid win. Very impressed so far. Let's give it 3-4 more games :)

2) Krylja Sovetov - CSKA 1-3

Another solid win.

Funny, all 5 goals in last 2 games (since I switched to this tactics) are scored by center defs: 2 - Ignashevich & 3 - David Luiz :)

3) CSKA - Sibir 4-1

Opponents were simply destroyed. Not a surprise though.

The biggest test of the tactics for me is coming: playing Zenit very soon.

4) First loss.

Terel - CSKA 1-0

Unbelievable! We had 23 shots on goal against 8 from Terek and conceded a goal from PK :)

5) Biggest test!!!

CSKA - Zenit St.Peterburg 1-0

Shots: 13:9 (on target 3:2 :) )

Very very very impressive, Dave!!! Absloutely love it!

Yes i think it is a bug in the game, When ever i have switched tactic the Team settings seem to go strange or stay the same as the tactic i have just used.

Before switching to this tactic, just to see if it was as good as last years, I had conceded only 14 in all competitions in 17 whilst still scoring freely using Shericas take on the 4-1-2-3

Don't get me wrong, it's a good tactic but after using a tactic that's a lot more stable, especially at the back, it looks like I'll be sticking with Shericas. Defensively, it's superb

As i said in the OP the defence could use abit of work, I don't think it is a major issue though and if you have players with the Attributtes i have mentioned it will be fine.

You could try the Match Preperation also. Either Team Blend or Defence Positioning would help. I would go with Team Blend though becuase that work on everything instead of just one Specfic area.

Good Luck if you decide to keep using.

When you want to change the tactic that you've just apply, wait for I while before you change it.

no disrespect to mr hough at all as i havent actually tried this tactic yet to form an opinion. I would just like to ask jayscfc if sherica's is actually better than this tactic and why? i too used shericas tactic and i found although it scored loads of goals it wasnt really defensively as sound as its attack, also i noticed after a while the tactic stared to loose its effectiveness.

please give me a reply asap mate:)

i can only comment on using it with big teams cause i cant be arsed playing with weak teams, i think you hav hit the jackpot with this one dave, killing in scotland with rangers, yes i know thats the case, well apart from yesterday in real life, done the treble on my liverpool save with my mate, he is the scum, beat wigan 5-0 in league cup final, champs league i went like this, real madrid - 5-1, barce - 4-1, arsenal - 3-1, all both legs, final against at.mad - ko 3-1, won the league on the final day of the season, that was switching to this tactic at the end of jan, that was 2011-2012 season, season before i had won the league and uefa with daves 4222 which also amazing given the chance, the hard work you have put into this has produced something special

no disrespect to mr hough at all as i havent actually tried this tactic yet to form an opinion. I would just like to ask jayscfc if sherica's is actually better than this tactic and why? i too used shericas tactic and i found although it scored loads of goals it wasnt really defensively as sound as its attack, also i noticed after a while the tactic stared to loose its effectiveness.

please give me a reply asap mate:)

I have tryed Sheriacas tactic and it didn't work for me.

Don't get me wrong, it was ok, but I kept loosing so I switched to Mr. Hough's FM10.3 and I started winning again.

Now Im on this 11.2 new tactic and it really beats the Sherica tactic.

I'm trying this with Brescia (just promoted to Italian Serie A, media prediction is relegation without much hope). So far so good, after 8 games I'm battling for a spot in the top 6. I know it's early, but man, I already beat teams like Sampdoria and Udinese. Let's see how it fares in the long distance.

hello Mr Hough,this is your best work on fm!!!your best tactic on fm history!!!i played three matches,3wins,score 11:0.oposition have in all matches 0 ccc. my team play is superb.i have one question..can work swaping between right and left forward?thank you for your brilliant tactic

To everybody having problems switching tactics, I used to have that problem too but now I've got over it.

When switching tactics I import the tactic, say Mr Hough's, into the game via manage tactics.

I then only switch tactics using the Archived Tactics.

I also make sure that I am not on the team instructions while switching.

It seems to work for me. The bug really messed up my season before I noticed it.

Archived