[FM11.3]Zero Sea's Fairyland -- Gorgeous, Let Weak Teams Play like Strong Teams!

Which is better?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Fairyland
    • Ghost

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I tested this tactic in online game and I can confirm it is a very good one! I play with Hervules and played 5 preseason matches with 4 wins and 1 draw agains PSV and they did not have many chances. I guess I can have better results if I had better players but still the results are great having in mind the squad I have. The team plays well in the regular season matches as well.

Hercules vs Ath Bilbao - 0 - 0 - they had one chance only against 2-3 from my side

Barcelona vs Hercules - 0 - 1 - they had only 2-3 chances and I scored from a corner (Trezegue) and Petar Zanev managed to deal with MEssi with a few exceptions

Hercules vs Valencia - 1 - 1 - they managed to equalize in 88 with offside goal but still this was the only chance they had i nthe match

Will see how I will go on in the season. I guess if it was single player game the results were going to be better. The tactics has a good defence and midfield. Only the goal chances are not many for me in the 3 matches I played but I guess this is as my MCs and Wingers are not so great!

I also use OI - Closing down opponents wingers and Tight marking on MCs. For SC use Tight marking and Weaker foot and for top clas strickers and Closing down!

This is all from me for now! Will publish next results wit hthe tactic!

Hi, best tactic so far... i play with Newcastle in my 2nd season i was 8th than change to Ghost, i lost my first match away against Crystal Palace (2nd div.) in FA cup an then 17 games in premier league without lost (14 won, 3 games draw) finished 2nd. i also won uefa cup beat teams Borussia D, Schalke, Cagliari and Villareal (lost 2-3 against Schalke away and 1-3 against Cagliari - won 6-0 home).

I score every match. Now i am preparing team for my new 3rd season and i will try with ZS trainig schedule...will report progress

Thanks ZS

26685457.png

Still early on, and haven't reached fluid familiarity, but the results and performances have been very promising. Possession (particularly), shots, and CCCs are all very nice. The only blip thus far would be the 2-2 away to Fiorentina wherein I had 3 goals disallowed, rattled the woodwork, but otherwise battered them in terms of keeping the ball, passing, shots, you name it.

Can't wait to see how it goes once the team's fully accustomed to the tactic.

Great work, regardless. Very entertaining tactic to watch.

-edit. Updated image to show thrashings of Milan, Roma, and Inter.

Is everyone using the set pieces (corners in particular) the way they come with the tactic, or are you adjusting them?

I have changed the corner routine. I have Shawcross and Corluka as my goal scorers, regular goals and have both scored hattricks. FB's - Stay back if required. LCB - NP flick on, RCB Stand on far post, DM - go forward, MCL/MCR - lurk outside, AML/AMR - go forward, LS - attack ball from deep, RS - attack near post. Left footers take right corners and vice versa, corners sent to far post as per the default on this tactic.

I was into March with this tactic in the first season... then my save game corrupted!!!! aarrrgghh!!!! I am with Spurs (as per) I was top of the premiership by 8 points, CL semi against Real Madrid, had won the Carling Cup against Sunderland and was into the final of the FA cup. Tactic is ultra solid at the back. I had conceded 18 goals scored 73, and the football was nice to watch. Fabulous long range goals from Van der Vaart and Kranjcar. I switch between left and right version depending on which of these two I use... not sure if that is enough to confuse the AI or not, but tactic working great. If im at home and heavily dominating I dont bother switching to control until well into the second half or am at least 3 goals up, otherwise I follow Zero Seas formula. I have found that the above corner routine has helped when the opposition is hard to break down and it feels like the game is heading for a draw, then you get a corner and great a goal from Corluka or Shawcross (not sure if its just these 2 players are good or the routine?) and it opens up the game for outfield goals to be scored. I havent tried the default corner settings on this tactic so I have no knowledge. The routine I use does work from the off i.e. during friendlies but is inconsistent until the tactic beds in with team blend etc and then the goals come quite regular from corners, although I dont think I have won a game purely on corner goals as there are plenty from open play. Great tactic mate... season restarted and going good, using 3 game rolling save this time so hopefully I will complete a season and post the results when done.

Strange this. I started a new game and for some reason my defense is shocking, I conceeded 16 goals in 11 games at one point and keeping a clean sheet is rare. The funny thing is I played on another save and the defense was very solid and that was without me changing to control tactic after scoring so in my new save I thought I would do what was suggested and start changing to control tactic after scoring and my defense is bloody awful now.

My defenders are Mbeunge, Agger, Rami, Glen Johnsen. I'm about half way through the season now so I would have expected my defence to have sorted itself out but it doesn't seem to have. I just can't figure out why we are defending so badly.

Edit - Just drawn 2-2 away to Wigan for christ sake! I'm completely at a loss of how to sort this problem out. I'm wondering if Rami is the problem. I've now conceeded 11 goals in my last 7 games.

Strange this. I started a new game and for some reason my defense is shocking, I conceeded 16 goals in 11 games at one point and keeping a clean sheet is rare. The funny thing is I played on another save and the defense was very solid and that was without me changing to control tactic after scoring so in my new save I thought I would do what was suggested and start changing to control tactic after scoring and my defense is bloody awful now.

Edit - Just drawn 2-2 away to Wigan for christ sake! I'm completely at a loss of how to sort this problem out. I'm wondering if Rami is the problem. I've now conceeded 11 goals in my last 7 games.

My defenders are Mbeunge, Agger, Rami, Glen Johnsen. I'm about half way through the season now so I would have expected my defence to have sorted itself out but it doesn't seem to have. I just can't figure out why we are defending so badly.

I may be wrong mate, but if you do not switch to control from the very start of using this tactic i.e. during your initial friendlies onwards then whilst your team has become accustomed to the normal tactic, when you switch to control they will be unblended. If you stick one of the control tactics in match preperation it will give you a good idea as to how far you have come with the control version... hope that makes sense. Personally i only keep the normal tactic under match preperation so it blends quicker and add control after the normal becomes fluid.... one thing I have noticed and technically I presume this is classed as cheating? On initial set up I choose a start date in Germany ie. 21st June, but I play as Spurs. Obviously the English league starts 7th July. For some reason my team blends twice as quick if I set the game to start at the earlier date, bare in mind we are only talking about 3 weeks difference?

I may be wrong mate, but if you do not switch to control from the very start of using this tactic i.e. during your initial friendlies onwards then whilst your team has become accustomed to the normal tactic, when you switch to control they will be unblended. If you stick one of the control tactics in match preperation it will give you a good idea as to how far you have come with the control version... hope that makes sense.

Both formations are on accomplished and fluid.

okay.. I just played Arsenal away and i'm on my 3rd premier League fixture. I started off normal and scored a goal within 2 minutes. I switched to control immediately and played out the game without much event. They scored in 69th minute. I ramped up the waste time to max and the game zipped through for a 2-1 victory. Start of the season, unblended team so i'll take that against one of the top 4 and thats how I play against the top 4. I only play my game on key highlights. Against everyone else I play normal and wait till I am at least 2 goals up usually 3 before I switch to control. I assess it by how the other team play i.e. if I score on normal and I continue to dominate then I stay on normal until I get a 2 maybe 3 goal lead then switch to control. If I score and they come onto me straight away then I switch to control. If they then equalise then its back to normal. Like I said above my defensive record has been great with this method

Even more baffling that my defense is shocking then as I pretty much play the same way. Go figure.

I made a lot of new signings at the start of the season so maybe that has something to do with my problem but I'm now on game 30 so surely the players would have gelled by now.

The worrying thing is that we aren't even playing that great, even the possession sometimes is lacking without creating that many chances.

As I said before, this is my second save with V3 and in my first save I completely dominated with a tight defense. I then start a new save and struggle like crazy. I'm guessing it must be my players as I haven't done anything different in my tactical approach.

Forwards; Torres/Hulk (who was much better for me in my first save than he is now and I'm doing nothing different)

Left sided Wingers; Bryan Ruiz/Joe Cole/Yannick Djalo. Right sided wingers; Milan Jovanovic/fabio Coentrao (trained to play AMR)/Bryan Ruiz (training to play AMR)

Midfield; Gerrard/Raul Meireles. Defensive mid; Arturo Vidal/Lucas

Defender left; Cheike M'Bengue (Bought in January)/Danny Wilson/Paul Koncheskey (hardly played and sold in january). Defender right; Miguel Torres (Bought in January)/ Glen Johnsen (Don't think this guy suits this formation at all)/ Martin Kelly (a center back but can play left or right in an emergency).

Defender center; Adil Rami/Agger/Skrtel/Kelly/Wilson/Carrager (old, useless and over paid. Doesn't get near my first team anymore)

What is your team?

nope sorry this really doesent work for me, used it for 1.5 seasons with dortmund, i rarely scored, followed all the instructions and no joy

have to change before i get the sack. its obviously successfull for a fair few so congrats but as for me thanks anyway

I love this tactic! I started using it in my second season at Twente and so far it's going great.

Hghlights are the 3-0 win against Juventus in pre-season, the wins against Porto and Shaktar in the play-off for the champions league and off course the 1-0 win agains Barcelona.

Results:

schermafbeelding2010121.png

schermafbeelding2010121i.png

League table:

Europe:

Even more baffling that my defense is shocking then as I pretty much play the same way. Go figure.

I made a lot of new signings at the start of the season so maybe that has something to do with my problem but I'm now on game 30 so surely the players would have gelled by now.

The worrying thing is that we aren't even playing that great, even the possession sometimes is lacking without creating that many chances.

As I said before, this is my second save with V3 and in my first save I completely dominated with a tight defense. I then start a new save and struggle like crazy. I'm guessing it must be my players as I haven't done anything different in my tactical approach.

Forwards; Torres/Hulk (who was much better for me in my first save than he is now and I'm doing nothing different)

Left sided Wingers; Bryan Ruiz/Joe Cole/Yannick Djalo. Right sided wingers; Milan Jovanovic/fabio Coentrao (trained to play AMR)/Bryan Ruiz (training to play AMR)

Midfield; Gerrard/Raul Meireles. Defensive mid; Arturo Vidal/Lucas

Defender left; Cheike M'Bengue (Bought in January)/Danny Wilson/Paul Koncheskey (hardly played and sold in january). Defender right; Miguel Torres (Bought in January)/ Glen Johnsen (Don't think this guy suits this formation at all)/ Martin Kelly (a center back but can play left or right in an emergency).

Defender center; Adil Rami/Agger/Skrtel/Kelly/Wilson/Carrager (old, useless and over paid. Doesn't get near my first team anymore)

What is your team?

I think you have brought the wrong players for the formation. It works better with strikers playing in the AML/R rather than your typical wingers. Im playing a liverpool game with it now and am having great success, using Babel/Jovanovic/Kyut/Cole on the left and Gerrard/Jovanovic/Kyut/Cole on the right. How you can say thse things about Carragher is beyond me, he is quality and will take a pay cut. Glen Johnson is playing well for me too.

As for your defence, keep an eye on "motivation" during a match and sub anyone who is playing nervously, it might help.

Moral has huge effects so if the teams moral is low then you're not going to be getting results. Thats probably the difference between your 2 games.

How you can say thse things about Carragher is beyond me, he is quality and will take a pay cut.

As for your defence, keep an eye on "motivation" during a match and sub anyone who is playing nervously, it might help.

Moral has huge effects so if the teams moral is low then you're not going to be getting results. Thats probably the difference between your 2 games.

Carragher is way to slow for this formation and he's pretty weak in the air for a center back.

My teams morale is always good and I rarely take my eye off it in a match. Even though we are leaky in defence, we are still winning games.

Surely you have some of the wingers wrong? You need left footed players on the right, right? Jovanovic did well for me on the right wing. Cole plays on the left wing so he cuts in on his right foot, Babel got sold because he didn't like me, Bryan Ruiz can play up front, I would have thought he would be perfect for the formation if you can train him up as a right winger.

To wez007 and Cassian

Thank you very much for your advice

But in fact I use two weeks attempting to modify our tactics, the results useless.

Now I'm waiting for patch 11.2

By the meaning of the results are useless you mean really useless the advices are to not using them or they are really helpfull?

"patch 11.2 " is coming

I was tired

Because the super goalkeeper and Doorpost of the AI are too strong

I feel terror for long-range, crossing, Positioning the ball of the AI.

By the meaning of the results are useless you mean really useless the advices are to not using them or they are really helpfull?

I also use OI - Closing down opponents wingers and Tight marking on MCs. For SC use Tight marking and Weaker foot and for top clas strickers and Closing down!

Oi should be used with tactic, as well as proper Team Talk. Unless you fail to do so, AI will get accustomed with your tactic and will destroy you. Moreover very soon you'll have complacency all over your players.

My advices to you:

- don't close down Class Striker ... they will toy with your defense, and will remove DC's from natural position, so AI will have advantage over you. I use only tight marking for strikers in general (especially against worldclass). Weaker foot as well is good

- use Close down when AI has DMC's ... it will disrupt his passing flow, and you might even get lucky and steal some balls to score.

- always close down wingers (AMRL)... this edition of FM, it's wing play prone. The AI will generally punish you if you let him have wing play (long crosses in 6 box area, somewhere near the touchline, and then strikers will score the most unnatural goals possible, from some impossible position).

- you can even use from time to time Never for close down or tight marking for some wingers ... i haven't figured it out, yet. But even my assistant advised me to never close down Walcott in a match against Arsenal, I won that game 4-0.

- adjust team talk as soon as you enter a streak of winnings. I start with have faith, after 4-7 wins, when everybody is Superb Morale... i switch to Expect Performance.

- try to manage your anger... if you have players who play bad, and you start given them hard days, morale will drop, and you might even get a transfer request. This edition is very tied with morale. It doesn't require much to upset some players beyond return

magic tactic. Im Stoke at the minute. I was doing quite well sitting in 9th using another tactic. I thought my job is safe so I would experiment with other tactics and see if any work well. I switched to this one and it is immense. Im up to 3rd now. Arsenal have a game in hand though. im unbeaten in 10 games now and in the league cup final. Absolutely fantastic tactic

:cool:

In short-term tests

My ghost tactic is better in patch 11.2

excellent, im about to start a season with leeds utd in the championship.

im a bit confused with the schedules though, mainly the amrl and amrl inside....

also, you suggest resting players after every game. how long do you rest them for? and isn't it alot of work moving your players schedules around after every game?

Going to try this tactic out, but i'm just wondering, do you change to the 'Control' tactic as soon as you are in the lead, even if you score the first goal near the start of a match?

Steve

Interested to hear the answer to this as I wondered that too.

Also, will saves started with 11.1 update to 11.2 or do they stay as 11.1?

I always lose or draw 0-1, 1-1, 2-2, 1-2. I sometimes have 3x more shots, more possession, strikers have better stats then the opposition so why are they finishing their chances but not me? I really want to uninstall this annoying game atm.

This tactic creates loads of chances for your team and usually 10%+ possession over the foe, but I pick the **** teams to test the tactic on.

Interested to hear the answer to this as I wondered that too.

Also, will saves started with 11.1 update to 11.2 or do they stay as 11.1?

all the changes to the match engine and what not will work on your old save.

the only thing you're missing out on are the data changes in 11.2, that's all.rest of the fixes work cross saves.

and i would be interested in an answer to this question too :)

I always lose or draw 0-1, 1-1, 2-2, 1-2. I sometimes have 3x more shots, more possession, strikers have better stats then the opposition so why are they finishing their chances but not me? I really want to uninstall this annoying game atm.

This tactic creates loads of chances for your team and usually 10%+ possession over the foe, but I pick the **** teams to test the tactic on.

What sort of team talks do you do mate?

Great tactic.

I wanted to play around with it to try to improve offensive capabilities because I'm playing with a strong team and my opponent is usually very defensive. Here's what I did:

- Turned off hold up ball everywhere to increase speed of attack and give the opponent lest time to set up defensively

- Set FB wide play to hug touch line

- Set FB crossing to often from mixed positions

- Set AMLR crossing to sometimes from mixed positions in the control tactic to aid counter attack

- Set ST crossing to sometimes form mixed positions in the control tactic to aid counter attack

- Set ST wide play to move into channels to draw out the CB and let the AMLRs drive into space

I'm now averaging 2.8 goals scored now still conceding just 0.7, which is a significant improvement offensively for where I was at.

I'm not suggesting this is a better approach but just wanted to outline it for comment/consideration.

Great tactic.

I wanted to play around with it to try to improve offensive capabilities because I'm playing with a strong team and my opponent is usually very defensive. Here's what I did:

- Turned off hold up ball everywhere to increase speed of attack and give the opponent lest time to set up defensively

- Set FB wide play to hug touch line

- Set FB crossing to often from mixed positions

- Set AMLR crossing to sometimes from mixed positions in the control tactic to aid counter attack

- Set ST crossing to sometimes form mixed positions in the control tactic to aid counter attack

- Set ST wide play to move into channels to draw out the CB and let the AMLRs drive into space

I'm now averaging 2.8 goals scored now still conceding just 0.7, which is a significant improvement offensively for where I was at.

I'm not suggesting this is a better approach but just wanted to outline it for comment/consideration.

Thank you

I will try it

It works better in patch 11.2,but I've no idea to improve

Another idea (I haven't tried this yet) is to increase the mentality of all players by a few notches. I imagine that the shape should remain the same (meaning possession and passing accuracy are not hurt) but you might get more offensive without losing too much defensive strength.

The tactic is really perfect around how far the team runs back before they start closing down at the moment. They rarely are beat by the other team dribbling past them, and rarely is there a through ball or a ball over the top that gets past them. If you increase mentality, I am guessing this will change but is there a better balance?

You probably already tried this and decided on the current mentalities though, right?

I do... and quite successfully.

But it depends on situation: 1. what i see from match, 2. what assistant tells me.

Get ball forward, Pass into Space, Retain Position, Play wider+look to overlap, drop deeper, get stuck in, stand off opponents, work ball into box ... these are most common.

Hi and congrats for the tactic. A few questions:

1. You say first u'r using the normal tactic and after 1-0 the control one. And when the score becomes 1-1 ?;

2. Where or how do I found the infamous 'have faith' ? This one I should put in the 'Stupid questions' thread I guess but hey...

3. What do you people tell the players before match starts ? (and after too); In my game it seems they don't react well to 'do this for the supporters', not at all;

4. In the previous versions of the game for a defender the most important stats were tackling, marking, heading. And pace + acceleration a(n important) bonus. Now it seems pace and acc. are more important than ever, right ? So for what stats you'r looking when picking your defenders ?

Ok, that's it for now, thank you

Hi and congrats for the tactic. A few questions:

1. You say first u'r using the normal tactic and after 1-0 the control one. And when the score becomes 1-1 ?;

2. Where or how do I found the infamous 'have faith' ? This one I should put in the 'Stupid questions' thread I guess but hey...

3. What do you people tell the players before match starts ? (and after too); In my game it seems they don't react well to 'do this for the supporters', not at all;

4. In the previous versions of the game for a defender the most important stats were tackling, marking, heading. And pace + acceleration a(n important) bonus. Now it seems pace and acc. are more important than ever, right ? So for what stats you'r looking when picking your defenders ?

Ok, that's it for now, thank you

1. This was the way of the author of this tactic. Depending of the team you coach and the match you play (if it's visible that you dominate), you can still use "attack/normal" tactic. After 2nd goal again, depending on how much you really dominate you can still go on, but if you consider 2-0 to be a little bit lucky (vs big team, low odds) you'd better switch to control tactic. I had games of 5-0, 6-1 still remained on attack tactic because it was obvious for me Ai won't turn the score

2. "you have faith" it's a team talk ... you usually have it pre-match and half-time. It's an individual command. It's a shame that you don't know it, this means you've always used only general team talk, individual team talk is most of the time 10 times more important.

3. It's an entire debate over perfect team talk, but at least i can give you 2-3 advices that i consider them to be 100% accurate.

a) HT- you lead - you fell it was lucky (low odds, vs rivals, vs big teams) = Warn against complacency/Don't let performance drop;

b) HT - you lead exactly 2 goals- no surprise here (high odds, vs low team) = Encourage (expect some complacency from those with Superb Morale);

c) HT - you lead >=2 (no matter who vs) = Pleased (you can go with individual pleased, and even thrilled to those with 2 goals scored, or 1 goal+1assist, generally all those above 9.0)

d) HT - draw/lose (vs weak, high odds) = Angry (this should be used individually for all those <6.9) and if possible for general team talk: I expect nothing else then a win

e) HT - draw/lose (vs big) = Sympathize/Disappointed

f) For supporters/fans = only against main rival, preferably when home game, and later on stages (cup, Euro Ch)

4. For me a good defender has to have minimum: Tackling, Marking, Concentration (prime), Heading, Jumping, Teamwork, Workrate (second) .... if you ask for central defenders acceleration seems unnecessary (do you plan to play offside high line def ? ... if no what use is speed); Strength, Bravery, Decisions (third)

Thanks very much for taking the time. True, I've only used general team talk. Saw it twice (the have faith thing) I guess after trying to see what the ass. recommends (only at HT) but I thought maybe it's smth else.

So you say always individual talks (~) only ? And one more thing, you didn't mentioned anything about team talks before the match starts, if you or anyone else could share some info would be nice. Thx for the other informations.

Regarding 1, from what I've understood from Zero Sea as soon as you (talking in general) have 1-0 you have to change it to control. The problem is (for me at least) that many many times not only I'm equalized but I can see with my own eyes a change (and not a positive one) in the gameplay, less occasions, the other team creating more chances etc. Maybe because the tactic(s) are not yet 100% aknowledged by the players ? I've never played more than 5-6 months with a team (Bari, Napoli, Lazio) and the match preparation consists in 1. normal one + 2. control tactic and attacking movement

Another question. Players like Lukaku (anyway U21) you have to train them as U21 or you have to assign them to the normal ST/DC/whatever training ? And yes, they have an important role in the team, not first team regulars but play a lot of minutes, that's the idea. Ty

This tactic has been incredible for me.Into my 3rd season playing with Villa and after trying out a few different tactics the first two seasons i went the whole year using this one.First season won FA cup and finished 5th next season won FA cup again and won Euro cup.This season found this tactic and was really shocked at how good it is.Won the league with a record 89 pts.Beat Barca in Euro super cup then also in Champions Cup final!Totally dominated both games.Almost every game i played averaged 65% possesion and played some great football.The wingers seem to be the key and have been my best performing players.Hazard on left and A.Young on right.I hardly used the control formation as i was all over most sides.

Thanks Zero sea you have created a increbile tactic here and the best i have ever tried on Football manager i think.

Cheers.

leaguetable2013.jpg

Hello,

I was very enthousiastic about this tactic. In my first season with Grosetto (Serie B) I gained promotion. In my first season in Serie A I finished 4th!!! This was an incredible result. The next season (patch 11.2.1) I can't win matches anymore. I also noticed that the match preparation isn't there anymore.

I hope there comes a new version. This was by far the best tactic I've seen. With little teams, get big achievements!!

This tactic defensively is a little weak for me, but I'm chalking this up to the latest patch and its tactical changes. Any plans on an update? Before the patch it was fine.

I've been testing

I try to create new tactic version

But V3 is perfect, so it is not necessarily to create new tactic version:o

Archived