dafuge's FM11 challenge

Nantwich Town - 2013/14 Squad

My 3rd attempt at promotion from the Blue Square North having failed at the playoffs the previous 2 times. Do you think I've got a good enough squad this time around?

Goalkeepers

Conrad Logan *

Dave Parton

Defenders

Phil Picken

Lewis Toshney *

Peter Gilbert

Tom Parkes

Daniel Boateng *

Fraser Kerr

Jay Simmonds

Midfielders

Owain Tudur-Jones *

Derek Niven

Soloman Taiwo

Kieran Murtagh

Luke Joyce

Strikers

Darryl Duffy *

Gifton Noel-Williams

Sam Williams

Stefan Connor *

New signings for this season are marked with a *. Think my squads about done, perhaps another midfielder in on loan but as I only play 3 in the middle that's not too important.

May have overdone it with the screenies :D

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the last game of the first season for me at Truro, and it's the play-off final. However, I've posted this up in the bugs forum. The venue is Salisbury's stadium, that can't be right. Surely? My away form this season has been atrocious, very unfair to have to play the final at their ground. /sulk

It's the last game of the first season for me at Truro, and it's the play-off final. However, I've posted this up in the bugs forum. The venue is Salisbury's stadium, that can't be right. Surely? My away form this season has been atrocious, very unfair to have to play the final at their ground. /sulk

Pretty sure it's not a bug. I believe that the club who finished higher in the league get to host the play-off final. Certainly I got a home play-off final last season and in real life I'm pretty sure that Fleetwood played their play-off final at their home ground.

I replied in the other thread but I'll reply here aswell. Tinpot league, playoff finals are played at the highest placed team in it. Obviously being a Redditch fan you don't have to worry too much about the playoffs... Oooh that was low, I apologise..

Don't worry though, jump up a league and you'll get to play the playoff final at Wembley!

Hope you have better luck in the playoffs than I have so far, good luck :thup:

well despite the chaos of this week work wise, with Black Ops and Kinect release i have finally found some time to finish my season and what a finish it was, got promoted via the play offs, full details to come tomorrow evening after work!

Chippenham are in the BSP :D

Yeah, some real crackers! I had Tudor-Jones in League One in FM10 and he was a rock. Best of luck. :thup:

edit: cheers mate. I won the final, 2-1. Winner in 113th minute.

Congrats on the promotion! Hopefully I can follow you up this time around.

You should have no problem with some of those signings, Scooty. Conrad Logan, Darryl Duffy and Owain Tudur-Jones in particular would easily grace sides higher up the ladder. Hope it's third time lucky.

Thanks mate! Me too. I'm getting fed up with this league.

Truro City

Blue Square Bet South - 2011/2012

Media Prediction - 22nd

Final Position - 3rd (Play-Off Final Winners)

A rollercoaster year of horrendous away form and my top scorer essentially refusing to play for half of it, culminated in a thrilling 2-1 play-off final victory against Salisbury: courtesy of a 113th minute winner, a sublime freekick struck by my centre-back.

League

Transfers

Top Scorer - That's right, a bonafide England international...kinda

Sulky striker who scored 3 goals in the 3 play-off games to secure promotion

In other news we got to the FA Trophy Semi Final - losing 2-5 on aggregate to BSN Braintree, very disappointing.

Goals for next season

Survive

Sign some wicked players

Sort out away form!!!

Season Review

Season		     League		League Finish	  		Other Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012	Blue Square South	     3rd	  Promoted (Playoffs) FA Trophy Semi-Finalists

Well that's a new one, the board have offered me the chance to change our expectations for the season. They wanted us to 'attempt to avoid relegation', unfortunately nothing less than offering them promotion will increase my wage budget, so I'll leave it as it is.

I had this, I was like ooooh, new feature!

Evesham.png

Without screenshots, goals next year are to stay up like everyone always says but I really want to push for promotion straight away.

Well done, I'm midway through my second season with Evesham and I'm still mid-table BSN! My best strikers all picked up injuries lasting months and my defence is useless as we've conceded 15 goals in our last 4 games. I'm going to have to start using a sweeper i think to emulate your success.

Nantwich - Blue Square North 2011/2012

Media Prediction - 22nd

Actual Position - 18th

I'm too lazy for screenshots.

We made a good start to the year, stayed above the drop zone pretty much all season in 18th, a bad slump towards the end cost us a chance of getting into mid-table (and kept us in 19th for about 5 weeks), but we came back from the 10 games without winning, and ended up finishing in 18th.

About half-way through I pulled my finger out and actually bothered to sort out my proper squad depth, and that helped a little.

FA Cup we made the 4th qualifying round, before losing 3-1 to non-league Lowestoft, FA Trophy won the first game, lost the 2nd.

Gonna clear some deadweight, try and get some better coaches, and sign some better players.

Season		     League		League Finish	  		Other Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012	Blue Square South	     18th	  

I'm saved, my board has "re-structured" my debt and I've gone from being 700K+ in the red to 89k in the black...how the hell the 700k debt built I dont know....OK I'm over my wage budget by a tad, but blimey not a chance it was due to that ;)

Yup - I want to buy new referees. The ones i bribed clearly arent doing enough favours for me!

First 3 games of season 7 pts - Referee bribing went well.

Followed by - 4 defeats 1 draw. Need more bribes!

On a side note - has anyone seen "fan's day" matches yet? :o

And incredibly frustrating first 3 games.

1-1 draw, after coming from behind in the 2nd half, having 16 shots to 4 but not being able to break Boston donw.

2-2 draw, 16 shots to 4 again, against Corby we look to have scored the winner after finally scoring the 2nd at 88 minutes, only for them to score a moronic equaliser in the 94th minute when our keep goes low down to collect, only for one of the defenders to boot it away. It went to an opposing player, who shot, took a deflection, and bobbled into the goal with the keeper unable to get off his fat ass in time to save it.

1-1 draw vs Redditch, went down to 10 men in the 88th minute when my CB got injured after I made 3 subs. Then they scored a 92nd minute equaliser.

5100070.png

Hastings Utd

Mid Season Update - Jan 1st 2013

Season 2 - 2012/13 – Blue Square Premier

Prediction - 24th

Curently - 10th

Following Promotion in our first season the next step was always going to be tricky, there were plenty more ins and outs and the class of player available seemed much improved on what we had been looking at before, a new team was assembled and out we strode to take on the BSP,

Unfortunately, we started poorly and after 14 games we were in deep trouble and sitting in the relegation zone in 21st place,

A rethink of tactics and first choice eleven was needed, my star striker Danny Hoesen, who had been bought to terrorise defences couldnt hit a barn door, 32 hrs of football in a Hastings shirt before the first goal came, that took till mid december.

After a rethink and a different approach we have picked up, now we sit in 10th place and remarkably we are only 2 pts out of the play off places, so an extremely surprising tilt at the play offs may be ahead,

We have also made the 3rd round of the FA Cup and we have a home tie with Wolves in a couple of days, would have much prefered to be away as the finances are becoming a concern

All in all a poor start followed by a nice solid run of form have led to a pleasing if unspectacular first half of the season in the BSP

Having just lost my FA Cup 3rd round tie to Wolves 2 - 0 (a great performance, and we outplayed them for periods)

I have just recieved a news item stating that i was expected to be one of the challengers for the FA Cup????????? What The ####, Im in the BSP

My Fans are also 'Concerned' following the defeat to Wolves

Has anyone else had this?

Having just lost my FA Cup 3rd round tie to Wolves 2 - 0 (a great performance, and we outplayed them for periods)

I have just recieved a news item stating that i was expected to be one of the challengers for the FA Cup????????? What The ####, Im in the BSP

My Fans are also 'Concerned' following the defeat to Wolves

Has anyone else had this?

Yes. Seems its a normal message - it is also usually followed by: despite loosing the team can be proud of reaching xx round.

Im "glad" i'm not the only one getting losses and draws in 90+ mins playtime :D

sig.php?&u=10130&update&1289738286252

Vikeologist's Bradford PA - End of season update - 2011/12

Media prediction - 19th

Final position - 21st

I really thought that we'd survive. 14 points from survival after a pathetic 13 points from the first 24 games, we turned it around and were just 2 points from safety with 3 games to go. However 2 losses (each with a sending off due to tackles that 'have no place in the modern game' blah blah blah), meant that it was all over with one game left in the season. I resigned. I left the club in 20th place, but they lost the last game without me and slipped another place.

So what went wrong.

Sendings off - We had 7 red cards, and every single one of them involved our player diving in with both feet, stamping on the other player's head and urinating on them while my other players complained that the freshly appeared red card was unmerited. They were a bunch of psychos.

Funnily enough, we didn't pick up all that many yellow cards, 44, although I think 8 of those were in one game against our local rivals Guiseley, and most of the others were for complaining to referees. Very few involved tackling an opponent, rather than wandering absent mindedly around the pitch while the other team stole the ball and stormed off towards goal.

Injuries to strikers. Just as Michael Ricketts had found his Billy the Hotshot boots, he went down injured for 3 months, (as did his replacement about 20 minutes into his first game). Ricketts finished with 15 goals from 28 starts, which suggests that we may have fared better if he'd been fit for the other 18 or so games.

But apart from that, it was just a lack of confidence. Once we started winning and confidence improved we picked up 29 points from 15 games until the end of season came and our players received annonymous letters claiming that upcoming opposition players had been sleeping with their wives. I don't want to make a criminal allegation, but the handwriting did look suspiciously like that of the Guiseley manager.

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - 1st Round. 2-0 up, we conceded 4 goals in the last 25 minutes and lost 4-3

Season             League        League Finish              Other Notes
2011/2012    Blue Square North         21st               23 League games without a win followed by 9 wins in 17 games not enough to survive. 

Anyway, as a demonstration of bloody-mindedness, I'm not giving up. I have followed the challenge instructions. Hednesford have arrived in the Blue Square South (or maybe it's the North) as a new team. I applied for the job, and they gave it to me straight away. I will try another few end of 11/12 season reloads to see if Folkestone turn up, but I will be back with a second club and I will take them to Premiership glory. It's been a different and interesting season, and will just make me appreciate the relentless glory of the next few seasons.

The only thing that leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth is that Bradford PA don't have me as one of their favourred personnel. Whatever happened to gratitude?

I'm guessing the whole 'expected to have a chance of winning the FA Cup' is a bug to do with the fact that the teams in question were expected to win through the qualifying rounds and that the game sees that and winning the whole thing as one and the same.

I'm guessing the whole 'expected to have a chance of winning the FA Cup' is a bug to do with the fact that the teams in question were expected to win through the qualifying rounds and that the game sees that and winning the whole thing as one and the same.

Tbh, i quite like the bug, it makes me think that maybe i will actually win it!............or not i just went out in the forth qualifying round, damn hampton and richmond :(

@$*H@$S"@G&*$H$@ASF*AFHG

Whilst tidying the house up, stepdad turned the f'ing power off! I've had to go back FOUR games. Luckily, the last time I saved was just after the Chelsea game. I've played those 3 now though.

****ed off though. I still lost to Southend 2-0, but I had beaten MK Dons 2-0 and Stevenage 1-0, but ended up drawing 2-2 and losing 3-2. The only good point is that I get another chance in the FA Cup 4th. I had lost 2-0 to Wigan, now I get another shot.

I feel like if I win this, it'll be so undeserved.

GET IN!

Just beat Crewe in the First Round of the FA CUP 3-1, they are a league above us.... hoping for an easy tie next to get in the 3rd round and the big boys where the money is at.

P.s Am in the BSP at the mo in my second season, not doing to badly in 13th position after 15 odd games.

Take it where you get it, swinburn. I'm sure you'll take your fair share of bad luck during the challenge.

Just bullied my board into offering me a new two year deal. Told them that if they didn't offer me a deal we'd run the risk of falling behind our rivals :cool:

Take it where you get it, swinburn. I'm sure you'll take your fair share of bad luck during the challenge.

Just bullied my board into offering me a new two year deal. Told them that if they didn't offer me a deal we'd run the risk of falling behind our rivals :cool:

I shouldn't feel bad about winning haha. Good to hear your board gave in :p

Swindon manager Danny Wilson doesn't like me. Being my parent club, we have a pre-season friendly with them every year, and every year, Danny Wilson comes out in the media slagging me off! Apparently I am 'entirely out of my depth' and 'hard to get on with'! Probably explains why I never get any loan players!

I suppose it doesn't help that I just beat them 3-1.

Here's my end of season review for Evesham United 2012/13.

I brought in a completely fresh squad of players that my scouts and coaches thought were even better than the ones I had last year.

Key signings were Anthony Atkin in goal, Steve Smith at CB, Josh Rees in CM and Nicola Saric and Davide Somma upfront. A lot of these players were rated as having potential for leagues 1 or 2 so I was expecting great things from the team.

To begin with they did. After 11 games 1 was in 1st position and the team were playing well, and then they collapsed. In the next 26 games I only won twice and we fell to 19th place. My strikers were skinning defenders but blasting the ball high and wide, my defence was ludicrously easy to play through and on 5 occasions the winning goal came from freak crosses that somehow ended up in the back of the net. After Christmas i started playing with 5 at the back which kept things tighter but meant we were scoring even less than before. The crazy thing was we were supposedly Accomplished at 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 but that did not transfer onto the pitch, my coaches tell me we get overawed by the opposition with high reputations (everyone compared with us). Apart from that I can only assume the youth of the squad contributed to the disastrous performances.

I thought I was going down but 10 points from our last 4 games kept us up and we finished in 14th. 4 places down on last year, I haven't been anywhere near the playoffs. To make things even more embarrassing Northwich Victoria, who were promoted with me have made the playoffs both seasons.

Despite this I'm not changing things much for next season, going to bring in a CB and RM, offload 5 or 6 players and pray that this season was an aberration! Unless my scouts find any quality that tempts me...

Financially the club is basically going bust - i've racked up 300k of debt despite being well under my wage limit. the board have just chopped £1000 off my wage allowance for next season! (to 2k a week) The problem is we can only get 200 through the gates for home matches which is not enough to cover the "other costs" never mind the players' wages. I'm not at all sure what to do about this.

The premier league continued to be a total merry-go-round as Chelsea and Man City both sacked their managers in November again! Roy Hodgson went to manage Fulham. Liverpool replaced Mick McCarthy with Owen Coyle. Alex Ferguson released Michael Carrick and Dimitar Berbatov on free transfers!!

Marine_F.C.logo.png

Marine

Mid Season Update - Jan 1st 2012

Season 2 - 2011/12 – Blue Square Premier

Prediction – 22nd

Curently – 6th

We had a slow start to the season, and we were down in 14th place after 13 games. 5 wins in our last 8 games has seen us rise up to 6th in the table, just outside of the play offs. Hopefully we can use this platform to really push on and secure a play off spot at the end of the year.

We went out of the FA Cup in the 2nd qualifying round to non-league Colwyn Bay, which was disappointing. However we are still in the FA Trophy, having beaten Blue Square Premier side Wrexham in the previous round.

Our lack of goals has been slightly concerning, with only 24 in 21 league games. This is considerably less than the other teams around us. Part of the problem has been the lack of goals from my star striker Porya Ahmadi. He has just 2 goals in 22 starts, despite all of my scouts and coaches saying he is far too good for this league. Hopefully he’ll bag a few in the second half of the season. My top scorer is currently on loan winger Harry Agombar who has 4 from 17 starts. I really need someone to step and start scoring on a regular basis.

In contrast, my defence has been solid all year. We’ve only conceded 19 goals in 21 league games, and that’s the main reason we are as high as we are in the league. Centre Back pairing Kieran Kennedy and Sam Griffiths have been my standout players so far, with Kennedy in particular looking good.

Archived