Something for the weekend

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any1 got an update with all the recent transfers for fm 2010 for apple mac please , all i can find is updates for windows !

I have ran the one 'made' for windows perfectly fine on my macbook. Maybe a good search using google will help you as it's not official! Plus this thread is not the best place to talk about it as it's more about FM11 not updating FM10

A thing that I hope never apeear in the Football Manager is the possibility to we be chairmans. I heard that in a portuguese forum and that's awfull.

Its been suggested here many times too, and everytime, it has been shot down. I agree, its an awful idea.

Set piece creator... I'll wait and see before making a judgment on that. Could be awful, could be amazing.

Its been suggested here many times too, and everytime, it has been shot down. I agree, its an awful idea.

Set piece creator... I'll wait and see before making a judgment on that. Could be awful, could be amazing.

i think the same. wait some videos.

I agree too. Let's see.

More one thing: I hate the guys that want a football manager like Fifa Manager. They want use the salary, they want create a club.... that sucks

A thing that I hope never apeear in the Football Manager is the possibility to we be chairmans. I heard that in a portuguese forum and that's awfull.

I agree too. Let's see.

More one thing: I hate the guys that want a football manager like Fifa Manager. They want use the salary, they want create a club.... that sucks

Agree with you guys on those things considering being Chairman and that being able to spend money which you earned.

Why don't SI puts more Press fonts?? In Portugal there only one real Press (Ojogo.pt), Put more 2 (abola.pt and record.pt).

Isn't nothing amayzing but the game will be more realistic

I got a new one!!

In a portuguese forum (cmportugal.com) a guy gives this idea:

before the market close, we can say to the press if the squad is "close" or not. That will prevent the attack's to our players.

Can't wait for the FM 2011

Ok I'm guessing the minimum system specs arent out yet or anythingbut I was wondering how multithreaded is the new game going to be? If I have an Evga sr-2 motherboard with two 6 core xeons giving 24 threads in total will the new game take advantage of this? I am wondering what the possible specs are to try and run all leagues in a long term game??

Thanks for any help :up:

James

Ok I'm guessing the minimum system specs arent out yet or anythingbut I was wondering how multithreaded is the new game going to be? If I have an Evga sr-2 motherboard with two 6 core xeons giving 24 threads in total will the new game take advantage of this? I am wondering what the possible specs are to try and run all leagues in a long term game??

Thanks for any help :up:

James

I suspect not - firstly because the game is not even being written in x64 architecture, which limits the number of threads and addressable memory considerably. There hasn't been a version that uses multiple cores well yet. I have an X4 955 and FM10 will only use two cores.

To be clear about the tactics creator, it is essentially a new user interface on what you were able to do previously, with a few extra tweaks for good measure, and is a second part to the tactics creator (or can be done separately)

I presume you mean the set piece creator - this isn't about a new tactics creator?

I suspect not - firstly because the game is not even being written in x64 architecture, which limits the number of threads and addressable memory considerably. There hasn't been a version that uses multiple cores well yet. I have an X4 955 and FM10 will only use two cores.

haha well thats an extreme example, but there are quite a few cpus such as AMD out now that are quite affordable that have 6 cores, so it would be great for it to work with 6 threads. I have a Q6600 right now, just think how much fast the game would run fully threaded! It would be awesome :D.

Tuesday’s New Feature Announcement - B-Team & Amateur revamp, making them more accurate than ever before. Due to lots of feedback from our community regarding the way that B teams and amateur teams work in the game compared to real life, we’ve revamped them make them more accurate than ever before, including the chance to set up your own clubs B team at the start of the season in appropriate leagues. - from facebook.

• SI Staff

In advance of new screenshots which should hopefully be live later on today, another little announcement.

B-Team & Amateur revamp, making them more accurate than ever before. Due to lots of feedback from our community regarding the way that B teams and amateur teams work in the game compared to real life, we’ve revamped them make them more accurate than ever before, including the chance to set up your own clubs B team at the start of the season in appropriate leagues.

It's not still the weekend, but here's another one, and one I like a lot.

Set Piece Creator – Much like Football Manager 2010’s Tactics Creator, we’ve now added a Set Piece Creator to the game which allows you to set up your set piece routines in a much more intuitive and user-friendly manner.

Can't wait for this feature. Highly exciting for me. :)

When can we expect screenies?

Thanks SI, you're the best.

• SI Staff

Oh - and please stop guessing release dates, or people saying "it's definitely on this date". There is no official date as yet, as I haven't set one! What I will confirm is that it'll be out on a Friday in the UK, as that's the day games are released here, sometime between the end of October and the end of December...

So whilst the 29th is a possible release date, and is the one most of retail are currently guessing, it is not yet set.

haha well thats an extreme example, but there are quite a few cpus such as AMD out now that are quite affordable that have 6 cores, so it would be great for it to work with 6 threads. I have a Q6600 right now, just think how much fast the game would run fully threaded! It would be awesome :D.

Yes, I want SI to make FM at least multi-core aware, if not 64-bit compatible. I'm gonna buy AMD phenom x6 in coming months. It'll be great if FM make uses all 6 cores with 4-6 GB of RAM ... just imagine how many leagues I can run :D

• SI Staff
If FM11 is as good as it's being talked up to be, if it's the type of thing like seeing footy in 3-d for the first time that just makes your jaw hit the floor, if it's a CM3 or Civilization 3 type great leap forward, then it's worth waiting for.

Miles, SI, Sega, you have set the bar pretty high for this one. Live up to it.

(Of course if it's just FM10 with a few twiddly bits on then I expect it on Oct 29th ! ;) )

One thing I don't get here - who is talking it up? We've released one video with some new features announced, and then revealed some others in the last few days. No hype, no fanfare, no naked women jumping out of cakes, no Dizzy Rascal playing a press announcement party. Just some feature announcements!

(PS: did you celebrate a wee bit too hard over the English win Friday? Do you even recall HOW the neck got hurt?? ;) )

My neck was hurting for a week or so before. What turned out to be a muscle spasm and damaged nerve happened on Saturday whilst doing the most rock and roll thing of washing my hair.

In advance of new screenshots which should hopefully be live later on today, another little announcement.

B-Team & Amateur revamp, making them more accurate than ever before. Due to lots of feedback from our community regarding the way that B teams and amateur teams work in the game compared to real life, we’ve revamped them make them more accurate than ever before, including the chance to set up your own clubs B team at the start of the season in appropriate leagues.

That is just well amazing.

My neck was hurting for a week or so before. What turned out to be a muscle spasm and damaged nerve happened on Saturday whilst doing the most rock and roll thing of washing my hair.

Glad to hear you now know whats wrong with it and i hope you have a speedy recovery.

Did EA leave the FIFA Manager launch details on a train or was that a good guess?

Need to do something to distract them from that pigs ear of a game and i guess the best way to do that is naked women jumping out of cakes :D

Oh - and please stop guessing release dates, or people saying "it's definitely on this date". There is no official date as yet, as I haven't set one! What I will confirm is that it'll be out on a Friday in the UK, as that's the day games are released here, sometime between the end of October and the end of December...

So whilst the 29th is a possible release date, and is the one most of retail are currently guessing, it is not yet set.

Any info on specific requirements when offering players on loan? Like only offering to teams where he will actually play and not be a backup. New features and everything are great but some work on improving things already in are just as important for me.

Any way you can give any info on this seeing as its not technically a new feature and just polish?

More sugestions from Portugal:

Cheerleaders. I think the FM continues to devalue it a lot. That there is a cheerleader for the president to give your feedback is very vague. To inferior teams could be generated a name / - realistic for your cheerleader. For example, a team that view black and white could be the "Youth Alvi-black" or something like that. It is not difficult to implement this.

> New rivals. If I can get in Gondomar and take it to time success in the 1st league, I think the FCP should become my rival due to geographical proximity. If this success to extend to years and years, and SCP SLB should also be due to its reputation. It's something else that costs to implement.

> Total of members of a club. I know it's hard to know how many members have a team, but for the most unknown was enough to generate a relatively realistic.

> After a brilliant game liked also that several European newspapers of other countries include a story of our game. The FM includes some real newspapers, from stone in this field would be essential.

> Promotions and demotions within leagues not loaded in the game. For example, between the 3rd division and district.

> I think I mentioned, but the award for best coach in the world was great. Oh, and the awards 'World Player of the Year' and 'World Footballer of the Year' should be replaced by 'FIFA best player of the Year' and 'France Football Player of the Year' (not sure if these are the correct names)

> Finally, give more importance to the value of a coach. True stumps win the championship with SLB easily reach a higher status and end up in a City of Rome or life, but a Jose Mourinho / Ferguson, etc.. earn a camponato every 3 / 4 years, sometimes even staying in 4 or 5. Just think it is too random in this sector.

Archived