Group H - Chile v Switzerland, BBC1, 3pm BST

bomma

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game is great :D

But doesn't Law state:

Not:

If you give the free kick for the first one, then the rest won't be preventing anything since a free kick has already been given.

Put it this way, if a player goes through on goal and is brought down by the defender.. but he was given offside, you wouldn't give him a red would you?

Based on ... the Chilean player's reaction. So, the player has caused an incorrect decision. Let's review the footage and discipline the player in question

Seriously, it was obvious that he ducked under Behrami's arm and simply milked the reaction

Spain could be going out if they are not careful.

It's all likely coming down to goals, Spain will need to beat Chile but they knew that after losing to the Swiss.

I don't think Chile are in the best position, Swiss are neutral goal difference so even a 1-0 defeat by Spain for Chile and they're +1 so it's up to the Swiss how they go against Honduras.

Spain also know it may come to 6, 6, 6 points so surely will want to get stuck into Honduras too

It's all likely coming down to goals, Spain will need to beat Chile but they knew that after losing to the Swiss.

I don't think Chile are in the best position, Swiss are neutral goal difference so even a 1-0 defeat by Spain for Chile and they're +1 so it's up to the Swiss how they go against Honduras.

Spain also know it may come to 6, 6, 6 points so surely will want to get stuck into Honduras too

What was going through my mind is that Swiss will beat Honduras and so will Spain but Chile could get a result against the Spaniards leaving it 7 - Chile, 6 - Swiss, 4 - Spain. Knowing Spain they will demolish Chile on the final day of the group.

Archived