Group H - Chile v Switzerland, BBC1, 3pm BST

bomma

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
What you get on that Phil?

I got it at 2.02, would've been a lot longer before he went mental with yellows, but as soon as I backed it it came into 1.7 so better than nothing.

EDIT: Opto John clearly working with a bigger bank than me!

******** crap World Cup this. Players diving, simulating, cheating with smug faces on after they get away with it. And the referees quite happily giving out red cards for non-events just cos some whining little cheater lies down on the floor clutching his face.

Give it a break Moonshine, how many times do you see someone trying to hold of a tackle and accidentally catch someone, I'm guessing you would be sending off anyone who jumped aggressively for a header or anyone who went for an overhead kick. After all either could be dangerous.

For ****s sake guys, this ref is completely correct so far. Shirt pulling = yellow, dangerous arm to the face = red, kicking the ball away =yellow.

The first after 1 minute was avoidable (if you watched some of the better officials - they would have pulled the player aside and managed the situation with a lecture - not stick a card under his nose after only 65 seconds of the game), the second was harsh and inconsistent (as proved by him not cautioning a Chilean player for an even worse shirt pull about 15 minutes in), the one for the late challenge was merited, the one for kicking the ball away I guess was one you'd have to give.

The Red was nonsensical - wasn't deliberate, wasn't violent, and wasn't with the elbow

As was said after his first game - the France vs. Mexico one:

He set the tone with an incredibly weak early caution and didn't leave himself anywhere to go, leaving a pretty infuriating 90 minutes of non-stop whistle

Deja-vu

******** crap World Cup this. Players diving, simulating, cheating with smug faces on after they get away with it. And the referees quite happily giving out red cards for non-events just cos some whining little cheater lies down on the floor clutching his face.

crap world cup? whatever. i've enjoyed it.

No, but the manner in which it occured was dangerous. He caught two people in the face - I can understand the first being simply a flailing arm, but the second block got smacked straight across the mouth, and was caught in a dangerous way.

The first after 1 minute was avoidable (if you watched some of the better officials - they would have pulled the player aside and managed the situation with a lecture - not stick a card under his nose after only 65 seconds of the game), the second was harsh and inconsistent (as proved by him not cautioning a Chilean player for an even worse shirt pull about 15 minutes in), the one for the late challenge was merited, the one for kicking the ball away I guess was one you'd have to give.

The Red was nonsensical - wasn't deliberate, wasn't violent, and wasn't with the elbow

As was said after his first game - the France vs. Mexico one:

Deja-vu

#

I'm afraid a shirt pull is an instant yelllow card, no matter what - it's 'unsporting behaviour'. The first one, maybe avoidable, but also meritted a yellow. Depended on the person. The other two yellows were inevitable. I've already spoken about my opinion of the red. I think, personally, it was dangerous.

#

I'm afraid a shirt pull is an instant yelllow card, no matter what - it's 'unsporting behaviour'. The first one, maybe avoidable, but also meritted a yellow. Depended on the person. The other two yellows were inevitable. I've already spoken about my opinion of the red. I think, personally, it was dangerous.

Absolute rubbish that, find me that law.

Sounds like every other game of football to me?

#

Shirt pulling is not a mandatory caution - never has been, never will be.

What, "Behrani asked for it"? What utter rubbish. I think we need a little reminder that we're playing football here, there will be contact, a hand may well touch your face, a finger may go in your eye, someone will tap your ankle ... none of these are red cards or even yellow cards.

That was yet another disgrace. What was amusing was one player came in and did the 'ol "Aaaahh, me face" and then no one paid attention so the next guy came in and got him sent off.

Well done, Chile :thup:

I am sick of these ridiculous justifications for pathetic decisions. There is no "you can't stick your arm out these days" yes you ****ing can, it's called playing football, people get bumped, people get jostled, ffs what is going on

Shirt pulling is not a mandatory caution - never has been, never will be.

Under what rule are people booked for shirt pulling "obstruction" or is that even part of the game any more?

I get sick of these "shirt pulling that's a yellow" and other associated "you can't do that in football these days" decisions which by pass common sense

I am sick of these ridiculous justifications for pathetic decisions. There is no "you can't stick your arm out these days" yes you ****ing can, it's called playing football, people get bumped, people get jostled, ffs what is going on

this tbh .

Furthermore, there is a FIFA directive to referees here, as there was aat 2006, that a shirt pull = a yellow card.

And yes, I'm a qualified referee (Berks & Bucks FA)

Gahahaha, couldn't make it up :D

Archived