Opening Match thread - South Africa vs Mexico

MichaelDBS

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If people are getting a headache from the sound of the TV why don't they turn it down? :D

Im a little hard of hearing so I have it up a bit so I can hear the commentary better, but that buzzing is horrendous =(

Im a little hard of hearing so I have it up a bit so I can hear the commentary better, but that buzzing is horrendous =(

"dove" means 'deaf' in Dutch :D

Very good level of refereeing, I'm suprised.

Mexico cannot finish, they should have made the most of those defensive errors by RSA in the 1st.

RSA started putting more men in attack in the 2nd and alot fast crisp through balls, very enjoyable game either side could have won.

Good first goal to start the WC!!

Mexican keeper and SA left back are bloody awful.

Aguirre and Parreira themselves are probably the only people on this planet who understand why they play Perez and Thwala. In Ochoa and Masilela both have an infinitely better player available for those positions.

RSA started putting more men in attack in the 2nd and alot fast crisp through balls

That's the typical South African football. They will look to hit the opponent on the break and get in front of the goal as quick and with as little touches as possible. Preferably over the wings, but today the Mexicans had two or three players on each wing due to their somewhat exotic system.

This was fantastic. ITV are dreadful yet tolerable - Southgate is funny, Desailly is funny and Townsend in weird. Chiles is fab. Really enjoyed that game, felt quite angry when Mexico scored though as it was a silly goal to give away. If South Africa had an established striker (i.e a not-obese McCarthy) I reckon they'd have won this game.

Tshabalala <3

Really want the African nations to do well.

Archived