Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

They can be strange at times JP, I prefer the FM-Base forum because people seem laid back on that one, on this forum i feel like i have to meet deadlines with the tactics if i say i would release on a certain day.

oooo :eek:, Mr Hough your tactics are great, but theres no need to have a go at the SI members... :thdn: If your going to post a deadline, then keep to it, as a lot of people rely on you to enjoy FM, its a unwanted responsiblilty :)

@ JP Woody, on the FMBase scene you are well-respected, but on the SI forums your not. I've tried your tactics for FM09, and I wasnt impressed.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far it seems to be working better with closing down of the players level with the defensive line of the team.

Scores so far:

Arsenal H 3-0 win

Chelsea A 1-1

Bolton H 3-0 win

Bayern Munich H 4-0 win

Sporting Lisbon A 3-0 win

Sunderland A 4-1 win

Stoke H 1-0 win

Sporting Lisbon H 3-0 win

So did you put the defensive line to the middle or did you added two notches to closing down?

Dave,don't take it as a pressure when we ask for the tactics.Of course we want to play it becuase people enjoy from your tactics,as far as it works for me,

I'm sure there are many others.My advise is just not even saying you are working on a new tactic because people will be expecting the tactic to be released

ASAP,so feel free to post the tactic when you are satisfied with it :)

BTW JP,is there any other tweak you did to your tactic(JP and Mr.Hough one)that i should implement it to mine aswell ?

I can't belive people are expecting you to release something that you do for free, on your own time. Very unappreciative of you guys expecting him to meet deadlines. If he made money doing it, and we had to pay for the tactics then sure, but he is not.

Take as long as you need MH.

how can i tighten up the defense in mr houghs and jp woodys tactic,man utd cruised in the 1st season,just scraped the 2nd season now in the 3rd season p11 games and already 9 points off top spot struggling to beat team drawing to many lost 2 in the 11 games as well,1st season also scored a massive amount of goals,was sensational but goals have dried up

I can't belive people are expecting you to release something that you do for free, on your own time. Very unappreciative of you guys expecting him to meet deadlines. If he made money doing it, and we had to pay for the tactics then sure, but he is not.

Take as long as you need MH.

This. People have to realise it's only a game and not the end of the world if Mr Hough doesn't release a tactic on the day he said he would.

oooo :eek:, Mr Hough your tactics are great, but theres no need to have a go at the SI members... :thdn: If your going to post a deadline, then keep to it, as a lot of people rely on you to enjoy FM, its a unwanted responsiblilty :)

@ JP Woody, on the FMBase scene you are well-respected, but on the SI forums your not. I've tried your tactics for FM09, and I wasnt impressed.

he certainly didn't deserve the thumbs down corkey,he only said that folks on the SI forums seem a little less impatient,does that warrant a thumbs down in your opinion ?

he certainly didn't deserve the thumbs down corkey,he only said that folks on the SI forums seem a little less impatient,does that warrant a thumbs down in your opinion ?

hmmm well I got offeneded tbh :)

Offended about what though ? i fail to see anything offensive MrHough said :s

I havent ever complained at all about Mr Hough's deadlines... So for him to have a go at the me (Wether it was indended for me or not) is deeeply offensive. I infact weeped.:eek: Haha. Anyway, lets stop with this silly 'cyber' arguement.

I wasn't arguing (something i avoid on the internet like the plague) the opposite tbh,i was slightly confused that's all.Infact it's my fault because i never read previous comments and jumped in without full knowledge.

That'll teach me :D

Just here to give some love to Mr Hough. I always held Jonathan Wilson as my tactical guru but there's some competition now! I'm using the Unbeaten final version of the tactic and just finished my first season as Celtic. Well, it was a pretty impressive season. I won the league finishing with 34 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats scoring 126 and conceding 28. Kamara (15 from 25) and Keane (18 from 30) were the left and right strikers and I signed Zigic in January to play the central forward (20 from 13). I played Maloney and Brown as the CMs and even though I thought Maloney wouldn't be suited to that position he scored 19 in 35. I also had Postiga on loan (16 in 29) and a bargain signing of Juan Pablo Angel (14 in 20) weighing in. I won the Homecoming Cup and was robbed in the CIS final, losing 3-2 to Rangers despite having 9 CCCs!

I've made several new signings for the new season (Drenthe, N'Zonzi, Darren Bent, Briand, Lichtsteiner and O'Hara) but lost my first game 3-2 to Dundee Utd. I'm putting that down to new signings gelling though. I am attracting admiring glances from several other big European teams so may jump ship if a plum job comes up so I'll see how that goes and may use your new tactic then. As a Villa supporter I always had problems being successful with them during the Ellis years so I'm hoping to try a new game with them and see if I can get some success using this tactic with them.

Thanks for all your efforts with these tactics. I'm loving them!

Just here to give some love to Mr Hough. I always held Jonathan Wilson as my tactical guru but there's some competition now! I'm using the Unbeaten final version of the tactic and just finished my first season as Celtic. Well, it was a pretty impressive season. I won the league finishing with 34 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats scoring 126 and conceding 28. Kamara (15 from 25) and Keane (18 from 30) were the left and right strikers and I signed Zigic in January to play the central forward (20 from 13). I played Maloney and Brown as the CMs and even though I thought Maloney wouldn't be suited to that position he scored 19 in 35. I also had Postiga on loan (16 in 29) and a bargain signing of Juan Pablo Angel (14 in 20) weighing in. I won the Homecoming Cup and was robbed in the CIS final, losing 3-2 to Rangers despite having 9 CCCs!

I've made several new signings for the new season (Drenthe, N'Zonzi, Darren Bent, Briand, Lichtsteiner and O'Hara) but lost my first game 3-2 to Dundee Utd. I'm putting that down to new signings gelling though. I am attracting admiring glances from several other big European teams so may jump ship if a plum job comes up so I'll see how that goes and may use your new tactic then. As a Villa supporter I always had problems being successful with them during the Ellis years so I'm hoping to try a new game with them and see if I can get some success using this tactic with them.

Thanks for all your efforts with these tactics. I'm loving them!

Your welcome with the tactics, Who is jonathan wilson?

Your welcome with the tactics, Who is jonathan wilson?

He's a football writer for various papers and guardian.co.uk. I highly recommend his book "Inverting The Pyramid" which is a history of football tactics. He makes fairly regular appearances on The Guardian's Football Weekly Podcast hosted by the legend that is James Richardson. Cheers, Matt

Hey Mr Hough and JP :)

One more quick question.

Your tactic has Roaming set to Stick to Position in the team settings. While I use Genie (naughty naughty) I obviously see that certain players have a high Free Role stat. How open to interpretation do you think this tactic is to throw in a free role? :)

Another question, sorry to bother.

In the OP you suggest using Tugg's training. As his schedules are set up for positions not in the tactic, and some roles like the Centre Striker aren't really attacking striker roles. For example, would you have all three strikers in that same schedule?

Cheers.

How many games have you played with the tweaks, They might take a few games to get the team in motion especially after playing a certain way for a long time, your team might take a little time to adjust to the new settings.

have you noticed anything or is it just the fewer goalscoring opportunity's that you are having problems with?

To be honest I only tried them for 5 games when I made my post. However, what I noticed is that my team was simply too passive with those closing down settings. The defense side of the tactic was still good, but the attack became too mellowed out. I had four 0-0 games in a row, which I've never had before.

Im actually trying closing down the sames as the defensive line,so thats two clicks to the right (from the middle) for every player,this seems even more logical. Currently playing first game. 3-0 up at Bolton HT

I've made these tweaks in my game as well. So far it's looking better actually, than having the closing down set in middle. The players look more lively and active. Most important though is that we started to score again.

Mr Hough based on your tactics of course i found the best 4-1-2-1-2 for 10.3 patch tested with two teams Juventus & AEK conceded very little goals and the scoring is very good not extraordinary but satisfactory if you wish check it out here is the link:

http://www.filefront.com/16774593/DIAMOND%20CLOSE%2010.3%20DEFENSIVE%20NO%20CORNER%20BUG%20%28Juventus%2C%20May%202010%29.tac

Another question, sorry to bother.

In the OP you suggest using Tugg's training. As his schedules are set up for positions not in the tactic, and some roles like the Centre Striker aren't really attacking striker roles. For example, would you have all three strikers in that same schedule?

Cheers.

I need to change that actually, I've been using SFrasers training set.

Have a little problem actually, tried to find all posts in which the tweaks were declared.

What do I have to change exactly?

In the original JP/Woody, closing down is set to the middle for every player but I've in mind that someone posted at first that I have to set closing down to the middle and after that you changed it to set it two notches up from the middle (to the right).

How should the pressing and closing down look for every player? I'm a little confused. could somebody sum this up for me?

Thanks.

Have a little problem actually, tried to find all posts in which the tweaks were declared.

What do I have to change exactly?

In the original JP/Woody, closing down is set to the middle for every player but I've in mind that someone posted at first that I have to set closing down to the middle and after that you changed it to set it two notches up from the middle (to the right).

How should the pressing and closing down look for every player? I'm a little confused. could somebody sum this up for me?

Thanks.

The easiest way to do this is set closing down to the middle which if your not sure you can judge with the tackling because you can only have tackling either on the left right or middle yeah!!

so you have set all players to the middle and judged that it's correct by lineing it up with the tackling.

Then move all the players closing down to the RIGHT 2 notches 1-2 thats it leave it there do it for every player.

Easy as pie.

Oh err my fault.^^

My English knowledge left me while reading the player instructions.

I thought that tackling is closing down and "pressing" means pressing. Therefore I have to say that I'm using a German language patch build by the German community.

Now I've changed it to English for better understanding while tweaking the tactic and I saw, that closing down is "pressing" and "tackling" is tackling.

So tackling is in the middle for everyone in the original tactic. And what confused me was, that JP (I think) wrote that closing down is set to the middle like the defensive line, but the defensive line has different closing down settings originally e.g. the CBs have closing down two notches left from the middle and the FBs have two nothes right.

Edit: As I tried the changing I got that I can only change the controller fully right left or middle for tackling. Stupid me.^^

But now I try to understand your last post correctly and change the tactic as you said.

First of all, great tactic Mr Hough! However I have some problems with it and was wondering if anyone can help?

I'm having great success with my reconstructed Barcelona team but I would like to get Lionel Messi involved a great deal more because he's such ar great player! But I haven't had any luck with this tactic and Messi. I tried to convert the tactic to a 4-4-2 with wingers using the instructions in this thread but that didn't help. Don't get me wrong, Messi still gets an average around 7.20 but I woulkd like to get him involved more without destroying this great tactic.

Any ideas?

Oh err my fault.^^

My English knowledge left me while reading the player instructions.

I thought that tackling is closing down and "pressing" means pressing. Therefore I have to say that I'm using a German language patch build by the German community.

Now I've changed it to English for better understanding while tweaking the tactic and I saw, that closing down is "pressing" and "tackling" is tackling.

So tackling is in the middle for everyone in the original tactic. And what confused me was, that JP (I think) wrote that closing down is set to the middle like the defensive line, but the defensive line has different closing down settings originally e.g. the CBs have closing down two notches left from the middle and the FBs have two nothes right.

Edit: As I tried the changing I got that I can only change the controller fully right left or middle for tackling. Stupid me.^^

But now I try to understand your last post correctly and change the tactic as you said.

I'm glad you understand my german friend and the tactic is as successful for you as it has been for others.

playing as Juventus in a career game, Currently on a 55 game winning steak in the league, I've been using my unbeaten first season and mine and JP's tactic in the second season.

Which is the best in your opinion? do you use the closing down tweak?

Which is the best in your opinion? do you use the closing down tweak?

I use the closing down tweak and i think there both the same basically but ones wizard and ones classic i don't really have a preference.