Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what's the 4-4-2 version what tbh tweaked from the 4123 like compared to the 4123,is it as strong,i am using man utd and want to get a good working 4-4-2,thanks guys please help

If using the 442 with a top team you will probably see more 2-0, 3-0, 1-0, 1-1 results than 4-0, 7-1, 3-3 etc. If using a target man, pay attention to if he is able to find any space between their d-line and midfield and be prepared to make the necessary tweaks you see fit.

In the first 20 matches, I conceded only 6 goals with my Bansley team ( top team ) but I did alter the flow of the game( target man, focus passing) when team started to park he bus). When they used 2 defensive MCs, then I had to remove the TM and play down the flanks instead etc etc.

I've won the EPL with Spurs first 2 seasons without making changes during games with the 442. I just use DM and TM type players on right no other adjustments needed other than the positional changes to the 4123 tactic.

Thats amazing results JP, do you use mr hough filters for the players? Or are the ones displayed from the TC quite spot on for the positions?

No i tend to buy my own players. I dont go mad with signings and only buy when i really need to. I like to have 2 quick and pacy strikers (the 2 outside advanced forwards) and a big strong strkier in between them,the deep lying forward.

Those 2 results came after i tweaked the closing down on players. Ill do more testing to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Ive just left Heerenveen for West Ham who are bottom of the Premier so should be a good challenge.

all player including GK u set to the closing down to middle ?

Yes thats right.

JP I'm having great results with your tactic as well, thanks!! (also thanks to Mr Hough :-)) But my question is: what skin is that in your Heerenveen game?

Tnx in advance, keep up the good work!

The skin is the rd4 skin.

Get it here: http://www.filefront.com/15009171/rd4---FINAL.rar/

I ascended with Brescia to the Seria A. At first the team played really good, won 8 of 10 or something, became 2nd with 2 or 3 losses after about the whole half-series.

Then I lost a game against Lecce with 4-1, then against Inter with 4-2 and now I'm loosing against Florenz with a 3 or 4 goals defeat... the motivation of my team is lower than Atlantis lies in the ocean.

Since one of my two very good loan CMs is injured, nothing goes on despite my backups aren't bad.

Within a week, where no game was to play, I've done a friendly against "Alessandria", a Seria C team or somethin and won 2-0... WOHOO o.O

Before I won games with 4-0 5-1 6-1 and so on, defeated Juve.

Now everytime any "good" player is in the team of the opposite team, I concede dozens of goals.

My Team is (2010/2011):

GK - Marco Storari

CB - Nelson Rivas - Hugo Mareco

FB - Lucas Licht - Ömer Toprak

DM - Adam Vass

CM - Francesco di Tacchio - Albin Ekdal

F - Rennella - Caracciolo - Taarabt

That's the 1st squad

I ascended with Brescia to the Seria A. At first the team played really good, won 8 of 10 or something, became 2nd with 2 or 3 losses after about the whole half-series.

Then I lost a game against Lecce with 4-1, then against Inter with 4-2 and now I'm loosing against Florenz with a 3 or 4 goals defeat... the motivation of my team is lower than Atlantis lies in the ocean.

Since one of my two very good loan CMs is injured, nothing goes on despite my backups aren't bad.

Within a week, where no game was to play, I've done a friendly against "Alessandria", a Seria C team or somethin and won 2-0... WOHOO o.O

Now everytime any "good" player is in the team of the opposite team, I concede dozens of goals.

That is because your team's reputation has increased and they will operate more defensively with an outlook on counter attacks. Essentially, while directly after your promotion your players didn't seem too bad, it is now apparent that they indeed are for competing in Seria A.

Bolster your squad with good defenders and you'll launch successful counter attacks yourself. For the meantime - if your motivation is really that low - go ahead and use the corner bug to get you some goals and time for rebuilding the squad.

My Team is (2010/2011):

GK - Marco Storari

CB - Nelson Rivas - Hugo Mareco

FB - Lucas Licht - Ömer Toprak

DM - Adam Vass

CM - Francesco di Tacchio - Albin Ekdal

F - Rennella - Caracciolo - Taarabt

That's the 1st squad

My experience from bringing AFC Telford (English Blue Square North team) to Premier division in 6 years is that the highest league is MUCH harder. At least it was for me, I nearly got relegated first season becasue I was not taking the opposition seriously. I always almost flew past the opposition on my way up, but it seems AI is smarter at higher levels, which makes sense I guess.

Also, be careful when signing too many new players each year, it might hut the team consistency and morale.

Edit: also, I made the mistake of looking at the numbers and then signing players with th best stats. Do not only look at this - if there are too many different personality types in your squad it can cause disharmony among the players. I made the mistake of thinking that a football team is made up of individual units, when it fact every unit needs to fit into the existing puzzle - that is when the players perform great.

No i tend to buy my own players. I dont go mad with signings and only buy when i really need to. I like to have 2 quick and pacy strikers (the 2 outside advanced forwards) and a big strong strkier in between them,the deep lying forward.

Those 2 results came after i tweaked the closing down on players. Ill do more testing to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Ive just left Heerenveen for West Ham who are bottom of the Premier so should be a good challenge.

So what criteria do you use when signing new players?

Looking forward to reading your West Ham reports. Would you mind explaining the tweaks you've made to closing down?

So what criteria do you use when signing new players?

Looking forward to reading your West Ham reports. Would you mind explaining the tweaks you've made to closing down?

I just look at what my players do in the tactic and go from there. For instance, 7 outfield players man mark tightly,so marking is the first thing i look for in those players,then ill add 2 other attributes to them depending on what position they play, as follows:

GK Handling,One on ones,reflexes.

FBs Marking,tackling,crossing (because they cross often)

CBs Marking,Heading,Concentration (cuts out silly errors)

DM Marking,teamwork,workrate.

CM Marking,passing,teamwork

DLF Strength,Technique,Creativity

AFWs Pace,Dribbling,finishing.

Hope that helps.

Reguarding the closing down i simply moved every players closing down bar to the middle.

This is how im going so far at West Ham,i took over just after thee Tottenham game and they were bottom of the Prem:

westhamunited.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

did anyone make a small tweak when facing smaller team because my team struggle to win against smaller team

btw,,JP WOODY can u just upload your newest tweak for the combination tactic ? and where do u dl those logos ? looks beautiful..

It's so curious^^

After I lost against Florentina 2-1 my team was kidnapped by a invisible supernatural force and won 5-1 against Parma.

I only changed from the 10.3 final to the Hough/JP version in hope that they concede less and did the corner trick in it.

But important is, that they did 4 of the 5 goals without corners!

Hope they will go on with this.

I used the JP/Woody and the Final versions to start with in my new Leeds game. I was banging goals in and generally playing teams off the park with a 100% played 13 won 13 till around about the end of november when I drew 4 and lost 4.

When the AI parks the bus, they really park the bus, my midfield and FBs went from averaging 7-8 till 5-6 and beckford wasn't getting any play at all...

I then made the shift to the GCS version, and instantly ive won the next 7 games, with this version it appears that the Midfield get forward a lot more, and the defence is really strong. At one point I had 5 players in the team of the week (Achievement ftw) 4 of which were my defenders!

There seems to be enough of a difference between the JP Woody version and the GCS version that the AI hasnt adapted as yet, and hopefully when the chances start going down, ill switch back to JP again. Atleast I know what Star Trekies feel like going against the Borg... They've adapted, remodulate the shields :)

Thanks for the awesome tactics guys, its really sparked my interest in a game that was gathering dust.

did anyone make a small tweak when facing smaller team because my team struggle to win against smaller team

btw,,JP WOODY can u just upload your newest tweak for the combination tactic ? and where do u dl those logos ? looks beautiful..

Perhaps opposing teams have adjusted to your tactics and/or IIRC the higher your reputation the harder it is going into matches.

Maybe you could switch tactics for a bit and see how it goes.

Im not going to upload because its a basic tweak that ive already explained. Simply put the closing down for every player to the middle.

Logo's are here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1202

Have just finished a second season (2010/11) with Cordoba using the Mr. Hough & JP Woody version of tactic. In the first season we won Liga Adelante convincingly even though the media predicted for us to finish 17th.

Now, in the second season, being in La Liga, it was going to be much tougher. At least that's what I was initially thinking. And it did prove to be tough at first, mainly because we had to face Real Madrid and Barca in our first two opening games. We lost both, but that is quite alright in all honesty. Especially if looking at the overall picture of how the season turned out. Here's a screenie of the final league standings:

laliga201011.png

That's just amazing. We were predicted to finish 20th, dead last. Plus, during the summer (after first season), I cleared out a vast majority of the team because I feared that most players would simply be not good enough to make the step up into the top level. I ended up loaning 11 players, buying 6, and signing 7 on a free in order to rebuild the squad. So that's 24 new players over the span of one season. Suffice it to say, my squad only started to truly gel in the last 2 months of the season. Nevertheless, there's the result.

I never expected to even qualify for Europe, let alone the CL. Plus my board gave me a measly 4 mil for transfer funds after I told them we'd finish mid-table.

Here's a pic of my squad after the last game of the season:

cordobasquadseason2.png

As you can see, I really don't have any big players at all, apart from the GK, whom I only bought in the winter transfer window. However, most of these players fit Mr. Hough's recommended attributes. Also, the screen shot doesn't show all the players I had. Quite a few were on loan, which I terminated right after the last match.

In this season I've really learned the true value of this tactic, which is the defense. It's quite good. In fact, I would have to say that at least half of our wins were 1-0s or 2-1s. We managed to really grind out many important results and collect valuable points. Real Madrid and Barca were the only teams from which I wasn't able to get at least 1 point during the season, but that's completely understandable since my team was mostly pretty average as a whole, and a majority of players were not fully gelled for most of the season.

Slightly confused.

The last tactic in the OP is the supposed one with JP's tweak's, right? And his only tweak was moving all players to middle of Closing Down slider, right?

How come the last tactic for download doesn't have this tweak then?

Because you haven't read or simply didn't pay attention to any of the posts on this page. JP clearly explains why those tweaks are not in the tactic in the OP.

Just download that tactic, and make the tweaks yourself.

Read this also http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5500342&postcount=3021

And this http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5505693&postcount=3032

Slightly confused.

The last tactic in the OP is the supposed one with JP's tweak's, right? And his only tweak was moving all players to middle of Closing Down slider, right?

How come the last tactic for download doesn't have this tweak then?

Yes,like DirtyAce kindly explained,the closing down tweak i made was a recent one,its not on the download on the OP. The tactic still works perfectly fine without it though so dont worry about it. I made the tweak in an atempt to cut down the amount of injuries i was getting and low condition problems with players beyond the 65th min. It seems to address the condition problem quite well and doesn't seem to detract from the tactics performance,In fact if anything my teams seem to be scoring more freely at you can see in the screenshots ive posted.,injuries though are still a little too high but i think thats the 10.3 patch combined with the AI's attempts to stop my success by kicking seven shades of siht out of my players.

Another example here though on how my goalscoring has gone through the roof,add this to my Heerenveen side winning 6-0 AT Bayern Munich.

astonvillavwestham.png

Yes,like DirtyAce kindly explained,the closing down tweak i made was a recent one,its not on the download on the OP. The tactic still works perfectly fine without it though so dont worry about it. I made the tweak in an atempt to cut down the amount of injuries i was getting and low condition problems with players beyond the 65th min. It seems to address the condition problem quite well and doesn't seem to detract from the tactics performance,In fact if anything my teams seem to be scoring more freely at you can see in the screenshots ive posted.,injuries though are still a little too high but i think thats the 10.3 patch combined with the AI's attempts to stop my success by kicking seven shades of siht out of my players.

Another example here though on how my goalscoring has gone through the roof,add this to my Heerenveen side winning 6-0 AT Bayern Munich.

astonvillavwestham.png

Have a question for you JP. Looking at this screen shot, I notice that you were playing a different type of forward in the center striker position. Ilan is not a tall, strong type of striker, and doesn't really have much creativity. Why the change from your original preference? I mean it obviously worked out for you in that match, but why did you make that change?

Also, have been meaning to ask you about what pitch size you use at home? Do you use the smallest possible as Mr. Hough recommends? I ask because I've been having trouble breaking down teams at home with a very small pitch. Then again, it could also be because my players are kind of average.

Have a question for you JP. Looking at this screen shot, I notice that you were playing a different type of forward in the center striker position. Ilan is not a tall, strong type of striker, and doesn't really have much creativity. Why the change from your original preference? I mean it obviously worked out for you in that match, but why did you make that change?

Also, have been meaning to ask you about what pitch size you use at home? Do you use the smallest possible as Mr. Hough recommends? I ask because I've been having trouble breaking down teams at home with a very small pitch. Then again, it could also be because my players are kind of average.

I had been trying to play Carlton Cole in the position when i first went to the Hammers as he was the nearest thing West Ham had to the sort of player i like to play there,but he was awful,didnt cut the mustard at all and plays much better in one of the advanced roles. I put this down to the fact he wasnt creative enough so normally play Diamanti through the middle who has been great. Ilan doesn't get his game from the start very often but for this particular match i wanted to rest Diamante so Ilan started and done very well there. Maybe i need to re think the type of player i use through the middle,im not sure.

Reguarding the pitch,ive been using standard.

Which tactic is this? the jp woody hough one?

I had been trying to play Carlton Cole in the position when i first went to the Hammers as he was the nearest thing West Ham had to the sort of player i like to play there,but he was awful,didnt cut the mustard at all and plays much better in one of the advanced roles. I put this down to the fact he wasnt creative enough so normally play Diamanti through the middle who has been great. Ilan doesn't get his game from the start very often but for this particular match i wanted to rest Diamante so Ilan started and done very well there. Maybe i need to re think the type of player i use through the middle,im not sure.

Reguarding the pitch,i always use standard.

I've actually had a very similar problem in my own game regarding the center striker. I loaned Jozy Altidore to play in that position. He is strong, decent creativity, good technical ability, however, he just kept struggling, one game after another, and I couldn't really understand why. So I played another player in that position, one who has more flair and creativity, but not as strong and not a good jumper. The performances improved by a good margin. I then tried Altidore as one of the side strikers since he does have good speed as well, but he struggled there too. Eventually he got injured and while he was out my team started to play better and better.

So I think it's best to have someone with more flair as well, because that player is given so much creative freedom. I've had lots of success playing smaller strikers in center position, but ones with a lot of quickness, technical ability, and flair. Though they do at times struggle when the opposition plays a DMC or even two DMCs in front of the center backs.

I've actually had a very similar problem in my own game regarding the center striker. I loaned Jozy Altidore to play in that position. He is strong, decent creativity, good technical ability, however, he just kept struggling, one game after another, and I couldn't really understand why. So I played another player in that position, one who has more flair and creativity, but not as strong and not a good jumper. The performances improved by a good margin. I then tried Altidore as one of the side strikers since he does have good speed as well, but he struggled there too. Eventually he got injured and while he was out my team started to play better and better.

So I think it's best to have someone with more flair as well, because that player is given so much creative freedom. I've had lots of success playing smaller strikers in center position, but ones with a lot of quickness, technical ability, and flair. Though they do at times struggle when the opposition plays a DMC or even two DMCs in front of the center backs.

I think Altidore is probably just crap. It may be he's having trouble fitting in with your team. Im thinking that the best striker for the central role is one that is a genuine FC like Diamante is, not a regular striker.

I think Altidore is probably just crap. It may be he's having trouble fitting in with your team. Im thinking that the best striker for the central role is one that is a genuine FC like Diamante is, not a regular striker.

To be honest, he looks quite decent, plus I'm playing in Spain and he is already in another Spanish club, so he should be settled. However, I think you are correct in what you say that the center striker should most likely need to be an FC instead of an ST.

im going to be real lazy and say i really cant be bothered to read all of this thread, so ill jst ask a general question incase someone knows the answer;

Will any of these tactics in the thread suit an standard Aston Villa side, using wingers?

im going to be real lazy and say i really cant be bothered to read all of this thread, so ill jst ask a general question incase someone knows the answer;

Will any of these tactics in the thread suit an standard Aston Villa side, using wingers?

Don't have to read the entire thread. Use the search function to search for "wingers" and read a few posts. Or are you even too lazy to do that?

proberly yes, I'd retrain your wingers to forwards though if that don't work sell milner downing and keep young and try and sign some solid midfielders and a few decent strikers

thanks :) im going to download a few tactics and try them out, ive re-read my post and it sounded quite rude, so im sorry for that and do appreciate the work and time/effort involved in developing a tactic, something which i could never do myself.

I was working on my own 4-1-2-0-3 formation for a while with fairly good effect, it got me European football on my return to the premiership and I won the FA cup in season 1 and 2. But I decided to download yours to have a look how different it is from mine. It gave me an improvement in results, so I stuck with it, but slowly adjusted it to suit my individual players with tweaks each game based on my opposition, the pitch size and the weather.

Now I am Newcastle in season 3 and I am a heavily changed squad, very heavily changed, only Steven Taylor still plays in my first team, everyone else is new:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r197/andrewhedley/Newcastle10squad.png

As you can see, the squad is impressive, not the best in the world but pretty strong by any ones standards. Ruben De la Red has been exceptional in my right midfield slot, Huddlestone impressive all season as my DM, Thiago has been good in my left midfield slot, but is unsettled and I am going to have to sell him this transfer window.

It was the addition of Hulk to my forwards line up (he plays in the centre) that was the stroke of genius, he is totally awesome on this game in this position. I still struggle with the two full back positions and have yet to get some one I really like in either of those slots.

Of my starting line up, Jo, Vagner Love and now Vela and Hart where all transfer listed by request so I got them at cost. De La Red was a free transfer. But the rest have cost a pretty penny, Hulk, being by far the most expensive at £20 million, but he has scored 25 goals this season so far.

Total spend over 2.5 season:

In: 58.55 million (This figure is hidden by many players being over 48 months and in reality is probably closer to 100 Million).

Out: 61.25 Million

Here are my results this season so far:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r197/andrewhedley/Fixtures.png

Of great importance is the 12 match run where I did not concede and the 10 match run where I scored 3 or more goals in each match.

So far I am unbeaten and top the league by 11 points.

I have scored 65 goals compared to 35 from the next top scoring team (Only 2 goals from corners, which is pretty poor).

Only Chelsea have conceded fewer goals, 8 verses my 12.

So a big thumbs up for creating a pretty legen.... wait for it....DARY tactic.

I do wonder how well I will do next season when I improve my 2 full backs and start the season with (touch wood) a pretty established team. Although I really didn't expect to be strolling to league success this season.