Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again Hough.. After playing with ur amazing tactics for a while i have been inspired to try make a tactic of my own... i have made some before but just some quick ones who usally don`t work... So i wonder if u and anybode else who makes tactics can give me some tips... whats the first thing u look at for example... what equipments u use and other things:)

I can understand that this maybe is a boring thing for u advanced tactics makers but it dont hurt to ask does it:)

Any tip is a good tip for an experienced fm`r but a newbie tactic maker...

Norway

I am currently having great success using a 41212 tweak using the "wizard-settings" more (meaning that a wider range of shouts are available) .I use Rigid - Control, The D-line and Closing Down settings provided by Woody( middle+2 notches), a DMC playmaker and a TM.

Season: 2009/10

Teams: Sheff wed ( top of the league) Wolfsburg( top of the league) and Bolton( sitting 4Th), all in January and all in the same save. No signings

In all teams I manage, the ass-man picks the team. I have also tried this with a top notch team - My Barnsley side and we have not conceded in 12 matches( 10W-1D-0L, 29F-0A)

So basically, this tactic, the amount of t-balls, fwruns, the manmarking and overall mentality can be used as a great platform to use the wizard to its full. In most matches, I use between 6-15 shouts, sometimes just taking a breather or retaining possession but also by changing strategy to Counter or Overload

EDIT: No tactic will be uploaded or provided in a pm. This is once again just a way of showing that you can tweak this tactic into alsmot anything, this time using the Rigid framework to make this a full wizard tactic

I am currently having great success using a 41212 tweak using the "wizard-settings" more (meaning that a wider range of shouts are available) .I use Rigid - Control, The D-line and Closing Down settings provided by Woody( middle+2 notches), a DMC playmaker and a TM.

Teams: Sheff wed ( top of the league) Wolfsburg( top of the league) and Bolton( sitting 4Th), all in January and all in the same save. No signings

In all teams I manage, the ass-man picks the team. I have also tried this with a top notch team - My Barnsley side and we have not conceded in 12 matches( 10W-1D-0L, 29F-0A)

So basically, this tactic, the amount of t-balls, fwruns, the manmarking and overall mentality can be used as a great platform to use the wizard to its full. In most matches, I use between 6-15 shouts, sometimes just taking a breather or retaining possession but also by changing strategy to Counter or Overload

EDIT: No tactic will be uploaded or provided in a pm. This is once again just a way of showing that you can tweak this tactic into alsmot anything, this time using the Rigid framework to make this a full wizard tactic

I'm not sure I understand you completely. Did you make this modification to the Mr. Hough & JP Woody tactic from the OP, or did you make a completely new tactic using the tactics creator/wizard? Can you clarify this a bit? Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand you completely. Did you make this modification to the Mr. Hough & JP Woody tactic from the OP, or did you make a completely new tactic using the tactics creator/wizard? Can you clarify this a bit? Thanks.

The Mr H & JP, just like last time.Perhaps I was not being all that clear, but if it had not been a tweak fo their tactic, I would not have posted about it in here ;)

Basically, I have unticked many of the individually and overriding player instructions( mentality and fwruns) and the width, tempo so the shouts can be used

Hi again Hough.. After playing with ur amazing tactics for a while i have been inspired to try make a tactic of my own... i have made some before but just some quick ones who usally don`t work... So i wonder if u and anybode else who makes tactics can give me some tips... whats the first thing u look at for example... what equipments u use and other things:)

I can understand that this maybe is a boring thing for u advanced tactics makers but it dont hurt to ask does it:)

Any tip is a good tip for an experienced fm`r but a newbie tactic maker...

Norway

First of all it depends on your team do you have good wingers? would you be better off with a narrow formation if you have good MC`s etc

Then once you have decide on a formation that suits the team your currently managing then decide on how you want to play

is your team one of the better in the league or weaker?

so decide on a more attacking or reserved form of play.

just have a read on the tactic and traing threads theres a ton on helpful post on there also have a read on thedugout website again plenty on there to help out .

also what i found helpful is to downlload a load of tactics in the same formation as yours and watch them play see what you like and try and put it into your tactic .

One final thing and i STRESS this you have to watch the match highlights in extended mode and see whats happening on the field , so if you concede a goal watch it a few times to see what went wrong

EDIT: No tactic will be uploaded or provided in a pm. This is once again just a way of showing that you can tweak this tactic into almost anything, this time using the Rigid framework to make this a full wizard tactic

Another tweak, another formation

I have been using a more defensive and compact formation tweak( of the Mr H & JP), the 442 BOX ( 2DMC-2MC) and its once again working like a treat.

@Mr H - If you dont want me crashing your tread, then just give me a shout .

I've tried to convert the Mr Hough/JP Woody version into a decent 4-4-2(4-1-1-2-2).

Works pretty well for me, you can find it here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=213440

if you want to give it a go and stop bothering Mr Hough :)

I am curious about your formation, is it a DMC - MC . AMR , AML is it a genuine 442 ?

Does anyone have any problems playing at home? I'm using the Mr. Hough & JP Woody tactic with closing down tweak (mirroring defensive line). My team at times just does nothing at home and we get an awful 0-0 against some crap team. Just makes me so angry at times :(

Does anyone have any problems playing at home? I'm using the Mr. Hough & JP Woody tactic with closing down tweak (mirroring defensive line). My team at times just does nothing at home and we get an awful 0-0 against some crap team. Just makes me so angry at times :(

I've been looking at trying to make the attack more like the attack in my complete dominace tactics where the AMC is the main guy finding space and defenders to him leaving gaps for the 2 strikers.

Proving difficult though as my players don't seem to want to do through balls as often as i'd like them too.

I've been looking at trying to make the attack more like the attack in my complete dominace tactics where the AMC is the main guy finding space and defenders to him leaving gaps for the 2 strikers.

Proving difficult though as my players don't seem to want to do through balls as often as i'd like them too.

Well, I always appreciate you trying to improve your tactics :) I look forward to more future developments. Though, at the moment, I may try your Final Unbeaten (Arsenal) version as it seems to have more width to it to help breaking down teams at home. I even bought Lukaku to help my team with scoring goals, but he has struggled so far.

Question for everyone: does anyone have any experience using Lukaku in these tactics? I've done a search for any posts in this thread about him, but there's nothing concrete to suggest whether he works well or not. I'd appreciate any help.

Mr. Hough, for the tactics, what do you think about incorporating counter attacks to it?

Thanks.

it wouldn't harm i don't think you'd have to be careful not to get countered back though if your countering a team and lose the ball it could leave you vunrable but it's worth a try.

I use the closing down tweak and i think there both the same basically but ones wizard and ones classic i don't really have a preference.

what are the closing down tweaks,had a quick browse on here but can not see exactly what it is?is the tweak on the jp woody and mr hough tactic? thanks

The tweaks are if you set all your players closing down to the middle then move them +2 to the right.

Gonna try that out, does it include CBs and GK?

Edit:

Matches after using closing down tweak.

5-2 vs Real Madrid

1-1 vs Reading

4-1 vs Fulham

1-2 vs Stoke

2-0 vs Everton

You know, I'm still rather skeptical with this closing down tweak, whether it's in the middle or mirrored with the defense line. I've played over 30 matches already with it and it just seems to me that the midfield and defense are too passive more often than they were with the original settings. Mr. Hough even stated a few times in this tread that he wanted his MCs to be active by winning balls and putting pressure on the opposing midfielders, and with these new tweaks they don't close down as much. I'm thinking that's one of the reasons why I'm having problems playing at home in matches that favor my team. My own players just don't put as much pressure on the opposition and don't get the ball back as much as they should, which results in fewer scoring opportunities as well.

I think perhaps this tactic shouldn't have deviated from the original closing down settings so much. It's obvious Mr. Hough spent a tremendous amount of time tweaking these tactics, to get the right balance, and perhaps that balance has been taken away.

I also noticed, that due to the narrower nature of the tactic, that my MC just don't contribute as much in terms of goals. When I used the Original Classic, there would be more space created between the opposing center backs and fullbacks, into which my MCs would sneak into from time to time and score a few tap ins or just blast the ball from relatively close range. I haven't seen that happen much at all with the latest version.

PS - I'm almost inclined to say that the Original Classic is still the overall best tactic out of all versions. Yes, it sacrifices a bit defensive stability, but it brings a much better potency to the attack. I've been also reading the thread on FM-Base about these tactics and some people also seem to share this opinion. However, I also think that a certain compromise can be reached. By that I mean using two tactics, one at home and one away. The Mr. Hough & JP Woody version should be very good for an away tactic, especially against tough teams, at least that has been true in my career with Cordoba. It can also be used at home against tough teams, especially if your team is not very good, like mine. Though, if you are a better team, where you can sacrifice defensive stability for having more width to your tactic and more overall attacking potency, then I'd use the Original Classic or Unbeaten Final version, especially at home. They both have more width, and the Original Classic gives the three strikers maximum creative freedom which also increases the attacking effectiveness, but make sure that your strikers have at least decent amount of flair.

Just my 2 cents.

lol quite possibly a contender for the worst game of the world cup award :D

it was just so frustration watching them, There was no drive no ambition, I was thinking if Capello was using Football manager in the wizard what would the settings be...

I'd say it would be Rigid/Very Rigid as the only players getting forward where the fullbacks and that won't often

Short passing as i see direct to be trying to hit the fast ball but the tempo seemed slow so I'd go for short passing and a slow tempo.

i thought the D-Line would be just off the middle slightly into deep maybe and i thought there was massive gaps between carragher and terry so the width would be quite wide.

Just my look on it what do you guys think?

it was just so frustration watching them, There was no drive no ambition, I was thinking if Capello was using Football manager in the wizard what would the settings be...

I'd say it would be Rigid/Very Rigid as the only players getting forward where the fullbacks and that won't often

Short passing as i see direct to be trying to hit the fast ball but the tempo seemed slow so I'd go for short passing and a slow tempo.

i thought the D-Line would be just off the middle slightly into deep maybe and i thought there was massive gaps between carragher and terry so the width would be quite wide.

Just my look on it what do you guys think?

Watching my team play at home now is sheer frustration as well ;) I can't buy a win, just draws, draws, draws, and more draws. Something is really off with the tactic, and I'm thinking it's the closing down tweaks.

EDIT - Make that furious instead. Don't know what happened to my team. Now I've started loosing to teams that I beat before and my players do nothing. Lukaku has been awful to say the least.

Watching my team play at home now is sheer frustration as well ;) I can't buy a win, just draws, draws, draws, and more draws. Something is really off with the tactic, and I'm thinking it's the closing down tweaks.

EDIT - Make that furious instead. Don't know what happened to my team. Now I've started loosing to teams that I beat before and my players do nothing. Lukaku has been awful to say the least.

This usually happens to me just after xmas when your teams reputation gets revalued.

I think it is so if your doing well the AI stats to play differently against you more park the bus counter attacking style soaking up the pressure then hitting you on the break.

You could try a few things raising your d/line is one so you put more pressure on the opposition further up the field.

I'd revert back to the tactic that has given you the most success.

First of all it depends on your team do you have good wingers? would you be better off with a narrow formation if you have good MC`s etc

Then once you have decide on a formation that suits the team your currently managing then decide on how you want to play

is your team one of the better in the league or weaker?

so decide on a more attacking or reserved form of play.

just have a read on the tactic and traing threads theres a ton on helpful post on there also have a read on thedugout website again plenty on there to help out .

also what i found helpful is to downlload a load of tactics in the same formation as yours and watch them play see what you like and try and put it into your tactic .

One final thing and i STRESS this you have to watch the match highlights in extended mode and see whats happening on the field , so if you concede a goal watch it a few times to see what went wrong

Thank u for reply... i tried making on with 3center backs 2 wingbacks one center half 2wingers and strikers... started great but suddenly everything went to h... same store as always...:) but im gonna do like u said and do some reading at the dugout also... its just that my english ios not that good when it comes to foreign words:) but ill try:) thanks again for reply:)

I'd revert back to the tactic that has given you the most success.

That's what I ended up doing. Was absolutely miserable with getting constant draws home and away. Switched back to the latest version (the one with JP Woody's contribution) but with the original closing down settings and immediately went on an 11 game unbeaten streak, ten on which were wins, some were against Barca, Valencia, and Athletic Madrid. Missed out on the La Liga title though by just 2 points. If it wasn't for some of the draws, we probably would have taken it. We had 10 draws btw. That's the most I've ever had in FM10. However, we had only 2 losses all season in the league.

Just finished watching the England game, Jesus i wish Capello would look up my tactics on here lol.

Now we know why 442 doesn't work on FM anymore, because it doesn't work at the top level anymore. It doesn't help when your playing your best CM on the left wing. Should of taken Adam Johnson out there.

I've been working on a new tactic formation as some of you know it's a 4-1-2-1-2 like the complete dominace tactics.

It's going ok at the minute i've played 8 games with everton in the league and i haven't lost yet won 4 drawn 4.

I have been tweaking alot though i think i may have got the right settings though here is my last result.

EvertonManCity.png

It's gonna take along time yet but i feel like i'm on the right path and hopefully will have the tactic out sometime next week.

Now we know why 442 doesn't work on FM anymore, because it doesn't work at the top level anymore. It doesn't help when your playing your best CM on the left wing. Should of taken Adam Johnson out there.

he won't even on the wing though he was alot more central, Arron Lennon disappointed me aswell i just wanted him to run at the algerians, The only showing we had of that was when wright-Phillips came on he looked lively so did Defoe.

I don't wanna talk about it anymore it's too depressing.

Mr Hough

Will your new tactic be Classic or Wizard?

Cheers

Steve

I made it in classic first then thought i'd have a go in wizard so made it in the wizard and made some changes and it's been really good.

The screenshots are the wizard version.

i currently using combination tactic and after defeating milan 5-0 then just lose at home 2-0 by bologna and suffer another defeat to roma 3-2.. and now currently 7th with 3 defeat just 6 game play...make me feel like wan to resign !!

Most impressive thing about those screenshots other than the results Dave, is how few chances you have restricted the opposition to.

2 clean sheet against 2 of the more attacking teams on FM. Very impressive.

Right, just about to have my first game of FM 2010.

I've got the filters done, going to change the pitch size asap.

Training should be SFrasers.

I'll be playing as my beloved Partick Thistle.

I'm going to use the Classic version at home or against weaker opposition away.

I'll use the JP version for away games or against tougher opponents at home.

Does this sound about right? The best way to maximise this tactic?