When will SI fix the game?

...and add to that (please note new save game on 10.2 patch, PC within spec & fully upgraded drivers, Direct X etc as advised).

*3d still doesnt work (only sometimes, if Im lucky)

*Player scores both goals in a 2-0 win, apparantly in the post match review his second goal was his "hatrick"...Go figure!!!!!

*Daily "out of memory" crashes & screen dumps

*GK running out of area to a diagonal ball drifting wide and heading it back towards his own goal where the on running SC is heading (Yep he scored!)

*Sometimes when I return to my squad screen it has changed from the custom view I always use to the player nationalities view which I never, ever want to see again!

To be honest, the time spent creating the competitions editor side of the game could have been better spent errradicating the above, especially as (and this is only my opinion) the forums are not exactly buzzing with competiton editting talk, now that the novelty has worn off (just as I expected).

"Polished!" LOL, you are having a chuckle!

Having said all that when it is good FM10 is the very best - it just goes bad pretty often.

Thats a big gripe for me - whats the point of having custom views if you can't set them as the defualt view. Plus the screen showing you the players nationality (general view) is completely useless anyway!!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats a big gripe for me - whats the point of having custom views if you can't set them as the defualt view. Plus the screen showing you the players nationality (general view) is completely useless anyway!!!

Have to agree! Same with reserves and U18s squad pages.

to StewartJRobertson

It's obvious that you can underpay transfer listed players, that's natural like in real world, player is transfer listed because he is not needed anymore and the team wants to get rid of him, true

But what about ordinary player, lets say some MC from Standard Liege, Belgium Liege which is not wealthy, etc, you bit a player with 5mln value, you think the AI will accept it? You think they will accept 15 mln? WRONG, the price for that player is 25 mln, now imagine real world situation, transfer window, Standard Liege receives an offer for their MC for 10 mln Euro, you think they would reject it? Do you know any team in the world that would reject a 150 mln Euro offer for their player? I don't. I'm not saying the system is not working, all I'm saying it;s freaking U N R E A L I S T I C like hell, I'm a transfer maniac myself, I follow every single details regarding transfer in major european leagues every transfer window and I think I know a lot about it, seems SI employees do not. Check the last transfer window in summer and check how many transfer were actually above 20 mln Euro (excluding Real, Barca and let's say City), there are almost none, now go to FM and check all your transfers and tell me how many were under 20 mln, even some 16 year old youth prospects cost some hilarious money. I don't want to go to more details but I hope you got my point. The best example here is my last game with City: I need a decent central defender, I went through some key stats and noticed that Fazio from Sevilla is quite good, I go to check his value, it's 3 mln, status: rotation or first team (dont remember), guess how much would I have to pay to get him? 45 mln EURO !!!! For a 3 mln worth player !!! That's freaking hilarious, now, why did he have a 3 mln tag? If he was great, his price should go automaticly up to lets say 20 mln, if he was crap, why did I have to pay 45 mln? That's the biggest issue:"current players value" which has nothing to do with anything since you have to pay 3 times more to buy any.

Ah, but you forgot something, those value you talk about you can't sell any of your players. If you can get a proposition that big.

Transfer do my head in, why do Man UTD sign Gary Cahill for around 13million to then sell him next season to foreign teams for 7million???

They do it with all the players they sign sell them off at a lose within a season cant remember many united signings that fergie has done this with in recent seasons.

:) I know it is hard.

But I mean 5 years in developing this game where most features are there for the five years and it never got things exactly how suppose to be. Every year there is bugs in the ME. Why did they change a perfectly working ME from FM07?

Why did they decided to revamp the entire Transfer system if it is as exactly as it was the old one. We still have to buy players 2 or 3 times the player value, while we if we are lucky sell one of our players at their current value.

Why do they keep diminishing the graphical side of FM. I mean logos and Kits are smaller then ever.

Why does the name of the players in the ME are smaller? If the size the was in Fm05, Fm06 and FM07 was perfectly fine.

Why they make more graphical instead of being just text. See this post what I would like to see in FM.

I have stated what my problem with FM for the last three games (FM08, FM09 and FM10) and SI decided not to hear and to be honest I start to be little sick and entire to hit the exact same key. So I won't bother to say the exact same thing over and over and over again.

This is my favourite post ever!

You have most of my complaints there also.

What about:

opposition score 90% of the time with long ball.Striker picks it up just inside your half runs and scores.

You have same chance 3 or 4 times and regardless of his finishing stats he misses.

1-0 up at half time regardless of your instruction you will concede in 1st minute.

Opposition keeper poor stats and conceded lots and lots of goals becomes MOM then next match rubbish again.

20 shots on target 0 or 1 goal, opposition score from 1 or 2 shots.

Opposition score from 30-40 yards with players with rubbish long shot stats you have players with good long shot stats who could not hit a barn door with a shovel.

Your backroom staff keep getting taken by the the opposition who have won nothing, you then buy more and within 2 seasons they get nicked again!

When you win a game opposition player gets MOM because he scored a last minute consolation.

Rant over

What annoys me:

- Call of Duty 6 works smoothly in max details yet FM can lag in a freaking 3d match engine

- ball in the air means there will be like 16 headers before some player decides to take it to his feet

- actions where the ball goes next to your player yet he stands there because AI has just actived another player that was 30 feet further to get this ball

Although you exaggerated a little in most of your points, but seriously these 3 issues are really in need of SI's review. They are very, very annoying.

What annoys me in the scripted nature of this game.

Have any of you ever tried to save before a match. Then play it you get beat.

Restart the game and no matter what changes you make you still lose.

This is not only against big teams etc, it could be a ridiculously rubbish team that you should beat 100% of the time yet this game seems to have predefined results.

Go on holiday and let the assistant take control of the game? Still lose.

I want the chance to win/lose/draw every game based on my tactical decisions and team selection etc. Why should it be predetermined which fixtures you have won and lost before you even pick your team.

This is not only against big teams etc, it could be a ridiculously rubbish team that you should beat 100% of the time yet this game seems to have predefined results.

I want the chance to win/lose/draw every game based on my tactical decisions and team selection etc. Why should it be predetermined which fixtures you have won and lost before you even pick your team.

have to agree with you there.

I picked up on that a few years ago. My pc was crashing alot whilst playing so I replayed acouple of games and noticed that the same result kept cropping up - it'd be 2-1 every time with the opponent coming back late in the 2nd half.

Also, and I think it was a known issue, the cup draws were always fixed. I've not checked it out on FM10 but in the past the draws would always pair you up with the same 2 or 3 teams (at least in the early rounds). It made me wonder what the point is of having the draw as the game had clearly decided the outcome before loading up the days news items.

I picked up on that a few years ago. My pc was crashing alot whilst playing so I replayed acouple of games and noticed that the same result kept cropping up - it'd be 2-1 every time with the opponent coming back late in the 2nd half.

Also, and I think it was a known issue, the cup draws were always fixed. I've not checked it out on FM10 but in the past the draws would always pair you up with the same 2 or 3 teams (at least in the early rounds). It made me wonder what the point is of having the draw as the game had clearly decided the outcome before loading up the days news items.

If you look at tottenham in the past few years they always seem to get man u away at some stage. Usually 3rd of the FA Cup.

In the game my Arsenal team always seem to draw Man u or Liverpool away

A rant is just a rant. But almost every point in this one is valid. :)

Tell you what SI, if you add no new features and only fix what this guy mentioned for FM11, we guarantee your sales won't suffer. :D Not by our hand anyway. :p

The game would reach epic state, and would be innovative doing this. I know it's bloody scary, but it's the truth.

If you look at tottenham in the past few years they always seem to get man u away at some stage. Usually 3rd of the FA Cup.

In the game my Arsenal team always seem to draw Man u or Liverpool away

Thats year on year though, I'm talking about if you repeat a cup draw over and over after saving before the draw is made. I've got a FA cup 2nd round draw coming up so i'll try it and see who comes up from 10 draws.

Assistant manager tactic, so you say that if my assistant has tactics 10 he wont be able to set the opposition instructions and suggest teamtalk?
he would be. But if you compare the oppostioins instructions of two AssMans - one with "tactics 10" and one with "tactics 15" - you'll see the difference. A good assistant sets OppsIns for the WHOLE opposing team for example.
Injuries - I have been using default training sessions, downloaded sessions and no matter what I do half of my squad is injured all the time
Well, bad karma perhaps if this problem is persistent :) seriously, have you tried the special pre-season training, how good are you fitness coaches? There are different determinants of injuries.
Transfer - if you claim it's working as intended you obviously are not following real world news/transfer sessions
I don't claim that. I'm just slightly amused with how easy the transfer system is for the player. AI's transfer politics looks a bit strange sometimes, I can't argue with that.
Press Conference - have you actually tried to send you assistant? have you checked your players morale afterwards?
Well, smtms it works, smtms they get annoyed by assistants replies. So I can say about my own press talk.
Scouting - if you claim that 3 starts is top class, what are the other 2 stars for? Oo
Try scout C.Ronaldo, Messi and so on :) It would be 5 stars. I've played Monaco, as I've said above - we were struggling for the title in the end of 7th season. 4-star players were just like diamonds for me. Obviously, 3 stars aren't bad and may be most common in the game. It's like 6 on the 10-item scale which is pretty good, won't you agree.

All of these are 100% your imagination

Also with the cup draws.90% of the time you draw the team that you play in the league in your next game so you are playing the same team twice in a week.

It does happen from time to time, in fact I believe it just happened in spl, but indeed it's way too offen.

Ok heres my rant

Training - Boring, very basic, would be better if you could ask a player to work on one aspect of his game rather than a bunch. It's also quite frustrating that having them focus on one section slows down the others. Has Wayne Rooney declined in other areas this season because he spent the summer working on his head? I think not.

Lack of Agents - Arsene Wenger has said numerous times that he constantly has agents phoning him trying to sell him a player, yet in the game there is pretty much none of this (I believe it was kind of in an older game, but was poorly done ) this would make the days inbetween games a little more interactive but with it not happening too often so it becomes a pain. I get offered a player or two in the first summer and the odd time after that, but not often enough.

Defenders lack of covering - ever noticed that when the ball gets played behind a CB the other one will run in a straight line rather than try and move across to tackle the attacker? It's very frustrating.

Wingers lack of wingerness - Don't you just love it when a winger gets behind the full back and slows down until he recovers to block the cross? Or when the winger actually gets in behind and hits it right at the keeper rather than pulling it back to 3 waiting players for a tap in? I will say that this must be hard to get into the ME without too many goals happening, but it would be nice to see. In 10.2 wingers are only good for scoring, nothing else.

Transfers - The 48 monthly payment option allowing people to have it easy ( albeit with a slight risk to finances ) and signing 150 million worth of players on a 30 million budget. Having to pay 2 or 3 times the value of pretty much any player to be able to sign him (I can kind of see the point of this because it would be boring to be able to sign any player you want for a good price ) Contract negotiations are also quite poor as the player role 'backup' when signing a keeper is hardly accepted when 6 months later hes wanting first time football (I tend to play my backup keeper in all cup games and most CL group games, but this still aint enough )

AI mangers - Not good enough. After 6 or 7 seasons the game is very, very easy as the top managers just stick with the current stars until they can hardly run anymore. On my last save in 10.1 Barca played Imbrahimovic until he was 35-36 with about 3 pace.

In all of my EPL saves only Man City made any signings that were realistic, but it even got to the point where they were spending 33 million on 32 year old defenders rather than investing the money in some real quality. Manchester united only spent more than 30 million once which was in the first pre season when they signed Cahill and Vucinic. Liverpool after 4 years were always in the bottom half of the season and played Gerrard and Torres until they were in their mid 30s and were in a relegation scrap in the final few years of my fantastic 10.1 save. Chelsea did ok, but never really invested enough to keep up with me and Man City. AI mangers need to be more like they are in real life when in charge of bigger clubs, signing stars, giving me something to worry about when they are close to signing a Ribery or Aguero, rather than coming up against me with a 34 year old Torres.

Just a few things that annoy me, but overall FM10 is a fantastic game, its just a shame we have had to pay retail price to beta test it for 4-5 months before a patch fixes (at least we hope so) some of the awful problems with the ME and AI in the game.

Why would people reload their game at all if this was true? I reloaded once in my last FM10 save. Instead of losing 5-0 and getting 3 injuries (after all 3 subs had been made of course) and a red card I got a 1-0 victory.

to Outrospective

When I scout C.Ronaldo I may get 5 stars, yes, but not always that's the first thing and the second thing is why there are 5 stars if seems that there are only 2 players in the world having it? When I scout Aguero I get 3 stars yet the scout tells me he is a leading striker and would be a superb transfer...

Anyway, another thing that we haven;t covered yet is the bloody logos/kits/faces, I mean, WTF?! What's that all about? Is it so hard to buy the licenses? Does SI lack of money or something? Why every time I buy new version of FM I need to search the Internet to find new face/logo/kit packs? Why do I have to the your job? It's like SI is selling half-ready game for love of god. Apart from that, installing those logos/kits/faces is a nightmare, there is no specified pre-made folder, you need to find some tutorials to actually make it work and still some are not.

Going back to transfers, not only big teams buy same players over and over again, they buy CRAPPY players which has absolutely nothing to do with reality, spending 20 mln on a 32 year old??? Buy some decent-at-most player for 15 mln?

I would also love to discuss the finances as in my opinion is unrealistic as well, I'm not saying it should be so realistic that I would have to hire an accountant to understand it, I mean transfer funds and balances. Watching Barcelona funds of 20 mln and 10 mln transfer funds amuse me I must say, I just can't figure it out how one of the richest clubs in the world can't buy any player as it would go bancrupt right away. How many times we read that they want to splash 35 mln on Robinho? Would they get the money from their uncle? I don't think so... same with City... 60 mln? How much have they spent last time? Twice as much, do you think that Maincini was said: "you can only spend 60 mln as we are poor"? xD I think he was said to buy whoever he needs to no matter the cost, there was a news recently of offering 150mln for Gerrard + Torres. I have no idea who is responsible for setting the finances and on what basis it is done but I think it's unrealistic as well.

Edit:

Another serious flaw in the 3d match engine is covering, I think some1 has already mentioned it: I'm playing my Chelsea against Tottenham and their winger just got a long ball near the touch line so he starts chasing it, my full back is doing the same (which is good) but my two central defenders are chasing it as well leaving Defoe unmarked !!! This is a BIG MISTAKE and you can only imagine a simple pass to Defoe who is then 1 on 1 with my GK...

Personally I wouldn't mind if SI were to release a big stat update for next season (or the next few seasons) whilst the ME, transfer system, etc... etc.... are sorted out.

We were told FM10 was a polished version wasn't we?

If that is the case then we are playing FM09 still just polished. So if that is the case, then we are on 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 10.0, 10.1, 10.2......yep the 8th version of a game to sort things out......Hopefully...

Pretty bad really.

When I scout C.Ronaldo I may get 5 stars, yes, but not always that's the first thing and the second thing is why there are 5 stars if seems that there are only 2 players in the world having it? When I scout Aguero I get 3 stars yet the scout tells me he is a leading striker and would be a superb transfer...
Well maybe you should hire another scout. Actually, I've never had such a problem* but I haven't also even thought of scouting Aguero. Maybe you're right, the scouting system needs improvement.

*I always hire the scout with scouting attributes at least of 15-16 when possible.

Watching Barcelona funds of 20 mln and 10 mln transfer funds amuse me I must say, I just can't figure it out how one of the richest clubs in the world can't buy any player as it would go bancrupt right away. How many times we read that they want to splash 35 mln on Robinho? Would they get the money from their uncle? I don't think so... same with City... 60 mln? How much have they spent last time? Twice as much, do you think that Maincini was said: "you can only spend 60 mln as we are poor"? xD I think he was said to buy whoever he needs to no matter the cost, there was a news recently of offering 150mln for Gerrard + Torres. I have no idea who is responsible for setting the finances and on what basis it is done but I think it's unrealistic as well.
You're speaking of starting game in Barca or City, I suppose. Why would the board offer unlimited transfer budget to the manager who is completely unknown in the football world? :)

Also, keep in mind the summer transfers. Don't you think, that signing Ibra for example is a big splash of a cash? So it's no surprise that transfer funds are limited after that.

Also a lot of clubs make extra tr. funds available after you spend some time in the club.

What annoys me:

- "that's his first ever goal"

- "that's his first goal this season"

- "no matter what match speed I choose, it goes in normal mode most of the time

- your 32 shots being blocked by thei GK, their only shot finds the way to the net

- too many through balls ending with goal

- 99% of free kicks are out of target

- too many heading go over the bar

- too many silly goals from like 1% angles, dierect corners "he certainly didn't mean that", etc

- assitant managers- what are the stats for?

- staff in general, seems like every club in the world got a ****** staff, why would club such as Barca hire a scout with judging potential of 6?!

- 50% of my squad being injured all the time

- timers going to 90th minute when you are winning by 1 goal just to make you get a heart attack for the next 3 minutes watching opposite team trying to score, happens all the time

- watching other top teams winning all the time and loosing like 4 goals in 16 games (LOL !!!)

You're annoyed with the game telling you it's their first goal ever\of the season:confused:

set your speed before the match, replays are different speed control.

The opposition GK blocking 32 shots... yet too many through balls score goals.... maybe you should play through balls then.

I don't know how many DFK's are taken in a match, but I think you're exaggerating here.

if 50% of your squad is injured at once, you have a squad that is too small.

Goals from silly angles happen less often than DFK's in my experience. Maybe I just enjoy watching them though.

Timer goes to 90 minutes every game I play. Don't know when the timer stops on your game though but I assume were playing the same game or one of us, perhaps both of us are in the wrong forum.

I know I get annoyed by the top teams winning all the time :rolleyes: it could be because they are top teams though, just putting that out there.

A lot of headers go over the bar from corners. Or wide. Or just completely miss their mark.

Unrealistic:

- teams buying same players every time

- top teams buying some ****** players god knows why

- transfers in general, 80% of the players costs seems to be 3 times their actual value, what's the value for then?

- rejecting the twice their worth offers for squad rotation status players

- trainings, this makes me laugh, you can't make transfers system realistic yet you can make a freaking training system so complicated that I would have to graduate MA in physio to actually know how this works (let;s admit it, 70% of players use general/default one, another 29% download some schedules made by others, 1% made their schedules themselves), why cant u make it like in CM? Just let us decide what stats do we want to improve, and generate suitable schedule for that player

Have you watched the load screen when it says 'setting up short lists'? that's why teams buy the same players, they have a short list set up already.

United once bought Jordi Croyff and he was a paddock waffer. Oh wait that was real life, never mind.

Yeah, that is frustrating. especially when they won't pay the same for your players, I'll concede that point to you.

I just leave the training to my assistant.

Other:

- remove scouting, seems like 80% of the players are 2 stars, 19% is 2,5/3 stars, 1% is above

You must be playing with a top team or scouting the wrong sides.

I've found 5* players but I was in lower league sides where finding someone will better quality than my current players wasn't hard. You do realise the player is rated against the rest of your squad. 3* means he is no better or worse than your current squad players.

to Jolanthustrel

Top teams

If the top teams win because they are top teams... what's the point of playing this game if you know that you will always loose against top team? What's the point of setting a tactic? And if that's the case, why do I keep lossing to some crappy teams while I play top teams?

Speed

No matter what speed I choose, the3d engine displays action in same speed most of the time, even if I set it to max speed, the action is shown in normal, tat's what I mean, I didn;t mention replays as I don't use them at all.

Injuries/training

Guess what, I was also using assistant to handle that part, didn't change anything to be honest, still lots of injuries (I think SI has already confirmed that bug in most of their releases).

Scouting

I'm signing tp scouts obviously with judging at least 19, it seems to me it doesn't matter tho, in my opinion the whole scouting system which was supposed to be improved and redesigned is not working at all

The point of this whole topic is to make SI realize that most of us do not want new buggy options, we love the game it is, we just want ot make it work as intended, instead at the moment most of the time I'm sick of it after 2-3 matches due to all the above mentioned bugs/errors/etc. when I just want to uninstall it, too bad there is no other manager to play tho.

My message is clear: STOP INTRODUCING NEW OPTIONS, REPAIR THE ONES ALREADY IMPLEMENTED, MAKE THE GAME WORK SO WE HAVE FUN PLAYING IT.

Unfortunately, I will have to agree with some of the things, mentioned by Viadro. Some of the "issues" he addressed are here for ages. Especially the Transfer System. We've been promised a "completely revamped" Transfer system in FM09 (if I remember correctly). Either SI tried to fools us or their developers managed to code a competely new Transfer system, which works exactly the same as the old one. Some mediocre teams still want to milk 50-60M euro for players valued around 10M. Bigger teams still want to charge me 150-180M for their stars, valued around 30-35M.

The other thing that makes me feel like I'm back in 8.0.0/8.0.1 are the one-on-ones. My players are absolutely capable of scoring 25-30-yard curling shots and 30-35-yard powerful strikes all day long, but when it comes to scoring a crystal clear one-on-one with all the time in the world and no defenders around whatsoever... they miss 9 out of 10 times. And when I say "my players" I mean players like Rooney, Pato, David Villa, Benzema, which had cost me a fortune to put together (remember the Transfer system? :D ). I have to rely on some strange/lucky combinations, rebounds or crosses, or of course on some shot from 40 yards out to score a goal, because when my (obviously sadistic) strikers get to a clear one-on-one, they desperately try to kill the 'keeper, instead of scoring a goal.

Since I haven's seen any similar complaints about one-on-one's here lately, I might be able to concede that "it's my tactics", but I'm wondering how is this even possible. How can be tactics responsible for strikers wasting the easiest goals in the world over and over again? As far as I understand football, tactics should be responsible for the way you create chances and the amount of these chances. Then it's down to your striker to score as many of these chances as possible. And that's why you try to sign the best strikers... to score more than the rest. But no... it must be my tactics. :D

Thanks for your time. I'm going to continue playing now. :D

• Administrators

improved ME, improved AI and a revamped Training creator (like the tactics creator) and I would be happy.

People are right to have their criticisms, but the way some go about it just reads as hostile. I have every faith the game will get better. Will it be perfect? Never.

But that is the nature of all games. :)

What annoys me:

- "that's his first ever goal"

- "that's his first goal this season"

- "no matter what match speed I choose, it goes in normal mode most of the time

- Call of Duty 6 works smoothly in max details yet FM can lag in a freaking 3d match engine

- ball in the air means there will be like 16 headers before some player decides to take it to his feet

- your 32 shots being blocked by thei GK, their only shot finds the way to the net

- actions where the ball goes next to your player yet he stands there because AI has just actived another player that was 30 feet further to get this ball

- too many through balls ending with goal

- 99% of free kicks are out of target

- too many heading go over the bar

- too many silly goals from like 1% angles, dierect corners "he certainly didn't mean that", etc

- assitant managers- what are the stats for?

- staff in general, seems like every club in the world got a ****** staff, why would club such as Barca hire a scout with judging potential of 6?!

- 50% of my squad being injured all the time

- timers going to 90th minute when you are winning by 1 goal just to make you get a heart attack for the next 3 minutes watching opposite team trying to score, happens all the time

- watching other top teams winning all the time and loosing like 4 goals in 16 games (LOL !!!)

Unrealistic:

- teams buying same players every time

- top teams buying some ****** players god knows why

- transfers in general, 80% of the players costs seems to be 3 times their actual value, what's the value for then?

- clubs rejecting 120 mln Euro offers

- rejecting the twice their worth offers for squad rotation status players

- trainings, this makes me laugh, you can't make transfers system realistic yet you can make a freaking training system so complicated that I would have to graduate MA in physio to actually know how this works (let;s admit it, 70% of players use general/default one, another 29% download some schedules made by others, 1% made their schedules themselves), why cant u make it like in CM? Just let us decide what stats do we want to improve, and generate suitable schedule for that player

Other:

- remove free kicks due to 99% of them being our of target anyway

- remove crossing, 99% of crossing gets to the target player anyway, even from full backs with crossing of 4

- remove goalkeepers stats, seems it's irrelevant as most of opposition GK become god against my teams

- remove players value, you have to pay 3/4 times more most of the time anyway

- remove match game speed - doesn't work anyway

- remove staff at start and let us hire all of them since 99% of us has to sack them every time we start a new game

- remove press conferences, most annoying thing in the game i think

- remove scouting, seems like 80% of the players are 2 stars, 19% is 2,5/3 stars, 1% is above

I;ve been playing this game since CM2 and it's going in the wrong direction in my opinion, stop implementing new option that sucks, tweak old bugs first please.

Edit:

- staff members changing teams at least twice a season

- ridicoulous release clauses for some ****** staff members

Don't forget to add...

Opposition scoring goals against you!

You scoring goals against the opposition!

Having to spend money on players!

Games actually going to 90mins and a bit over!

Assistant managers not being able to run my team for me!

Injuries happening to my players, god forbid!

and the game breaker, CLUBS USING GOAL POSTS AGAINST US!!

Quality rant.

Only one thing that has bugged me on this lately, why the hell do the crap players who never score always bag a goal or 3 against me? i can be a top team, and i could be playing someone like notts co or a team even lower, completely hammer them and then all of a sudden "that's his 1st goal of the season" i wouldnt mind if i was letting goals in left and right but i base the game on me having a beast of a back line who dont concede against the top teams yet some lil part timer comes along and knocks a few in with ease

to Jolanthustrel

Top teams

If the top teams win because they are top teams... what's the point of playing this game if you know that you will always loose against top team? What's the point of setting a tactic? And if that's the case, why do I keep lossing to some crappy teams while I play top teams?

Speed

No matter what speed I choose, the3d engine displays action in same speed most of the time, even if I set it to max speed, the action is shown in normal, tat's what I mean, I didn;t mention replays as I don't use them at all.

Injuries/training

Guess what, I was also using assistant to handle that part, didn't change anything to be honest, still lots of injuries (I think SI has already confirmed that bug in most of their releases).

Scouting

I'm signing tp scouts obviously with judging at least 19, it seems to me it doesn't matter tho, in my opinion the whole scouting system which was supposed to be improved and redesigned is not working at all

The point of this whole topic is to make SI realize that most of us do not want new buggy options, we love the game it is, we just want ot make it work as intended, instead at the moment most of the time I'm sick of it after 2-3 matches due to all the above mentioned bugs/errors/etc. when I just want to uninstall it, too bad there is no other manager to play tho.

My message is clear: STOP INTRODUCING NEW OPTIONS, REPAIR THE ONES ALREADY IMPLEMENTED, MAKE THE GAME WORK SO WE HAVE FUN PLAYING IT.

The way you made your original point is that top teams are unbeatable. Yes top teams win because they are top teams, no they are not unbeatable. There is a thing called complacency, it creeps into egos when they think they are unbeatable. That's when they lose. Are your teams overawed by the occasion of playing ManUtd, RM, Barca, Juve? have a look around the forums and you'll see people posting big teams being relegated, they do lose.

I don't know what your doing with your game but my system runs the 3d matches at different speeds. Can't help you there.

Again I don't know what your doing with your training. Maybe you just have injury prone players? I currently have 5 players injured through my entire squad (including reserves and u19's) 5 out of 50 is 10%

Scouting is NOT based on the players skill in relation to the entire world of players, it's related to the squad you currently have. If you have a squad of superstars already, one more isn't going to make a difference in terms of adding to the skill level in your team. Therefore rated 3* because they are around the same skill level as the rest of your team. Your scout with 19 in JP & JA is going to tell you that this guy is the same level as the players you already have which is why his rating is 3*. Easy.

The best example here is my last game with City: I need a decent central defender, I went through some key stats and noticed that Fazio from Sevilla is quite good, I go to check his value, it's 3 mln, status: rotation or first team (dont remember), guess how much would I have to pay to get him? 45 mln EURO !!!! For a 3 mln worth player !!! That's freaking hilarious, now, why did he have a 3 mln tag? If he was great, his price should go automaticly up to lets say 20 mln, if he was crap, why did I have to pay 45 mln? That's the biggest issue:"current players value" which has nothing to do with anything since you have to pay 3 times more to buy any.

I personally think there's a difference between market price (what he's worth for his abilities to the public) and his team's ask price. Normally team's ask price is higher than market price, unless he's ******** the team so bad, which is understandable, right? How higher, that depends on how important a player is to his team. But of course, nobody would reject a 100+m offer (fyi, my 80m Kaka offer was accepted).

Problems with match engines:

--- Have you guys noticed that whenever your team take corners, ball bouncing back from headers and some players of yours would be running up getting the ball. They will, almost, always lose it to a tackle. Thing is, they have quite some space before the tackle happens but they don't seem to respond.

--- God-mode opp. GKs.

--- My strikers (good ones) seem to be interested in shooting the balls AT opp. GKs instead trying to score. (AND too many blocked shots vs avg or worse GKs)

--- Man U (my team) vs. Bristol City (home) and it's 0-1 (poss. ~40 - ~60), I have De Rossi, Yourcuff, Diego, Rooney, Dzako wtf!!!???

--- Good players but can't seem to maintain high passing completion rates.

--- Some other stupid movements during matches that I couldn't recall.

to dking

all you wrote is sarcasm, you haven't even tried to read it I guess

to Jolanthustrel

You might get a point there about scouting, haven;t thought about it tbh, if my team includes stars, the scout may only indicate 3 stars as they new player would add a depth to my squad, not higher quality, that makes sense, what about others? Any1 can comment scouting with weaker teams?

As for the top teams, I haven't said top teams are unbeatable, have I?

As for training, I played Barca, City and Chelsea and I have same injury problem all the time, but meybe it's just me

to Ivo-BG

That was my point, one-on-ones sucks but only for us players, AI is somehow working it out, even with some poor strikers

Anyway, we kindah went out of topic a little, lets make a compilation of things that should be improved to help SI sort it out...

to dking

all you wrote is sarcasm, you haven't even tried to read it I guess

to Jolanthustrel

You might get a point there about scouting, haven;t thought about it tbh, if my team includes stars, the scout may only indicate 3 stars as they new player would add a depth to my squad, not higher quality, that makes sense, what about others? Any1 can comment scouting with weaker teams?

As for the top teams, I haven't said top teams are unbeatable, have I?

As for training, I played Barca, City and Chelsea and I have same injury problem all the time, but meybe it's just me

to Ivo-BG

That was my point, one-on-ones sucks but only for us players, AI is somehow working it out, even with some poor strikers

Anyway, we kindah went out of topic a little, lets make a compilation of things that should be improved to help SI sort it out...

It was intended to be more of a joke than sarcasm, you sounded like you needed cheering up. :thup:

I started reading it, then thought, hold on a minute, haven't I read this before? then it dawned on me, yes I have, in countless other posts saying the exact same thing.

Props for a good rant though ;)

I have actually just started a new game with Hull, so I can blame my weak strikers and not the game or "my tactics" for the missed one-on-ones. :D

I thought same, seems like the only way to avoid going mad due to all those bugs/errors is to play some minor club and enjoy being beaten like hell xD

People are being overly critical. The game is hard, yes, but the game gets easier as the seasons go on. I maybe complain a lot but deep down I like it tough because this is what gives you an amazing feeling when you finally achieve something.

We all love this game mate, we just want to make it better

We all love this game thats why we moan so much what annoys me is fm are not progressing with press conferances ,training , tactics crestor not a progression still set positions and tactics need our own feel on it , scout reports etc the only updates are the 3d match engine we are angry because the game never improves and fm just rape us of our money every year but never puts the money back into developing the game wow new 3d match engine which looks bloody terrible to look at and frustrates you even more when you see how the players react

Archived