The OFFICIAL patch 10.2 thread! - Can we keep all feedback in here, cheers!

• Administrators
Hi Neil, I hate to disagree but it IS opening the game by double-clicking it (the patch icon).

The reason for this is because when I downloaded it initially it was asking me what program to use to open it (The patch), I browsed through and selected the FM2010 icon in the SI folder.

What shoudl I have done ?????

Also am I right to only download the 10.2 patch and not the previous ones ? I downloaded the patch from this website !

Ah righto, yeah basically what you needed to do was rename the patch with .exe at the end, then it'll open as it's own independent program. For some reason when downloading some patches are losing their .exe. Do this and let me know how you get on, thanks.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah righto, yeah basically what you needed to do was rename the patch with .exe at the end, then it'll open as it's own independent program. For some reason when downloading some patches are losing their .exe. Do this and let me know how you get on, thanks.

Hi Neil. This time I tried the torrent version, and added the .exe suffix.

Is extracting as we speak. Thanks a lot for the swift help.

:thup:

Yeah maybe, personally the balance may be off slightly with injuries in training/in match, I don't have the figures in front of me. Obviously it's difficult to get it to match up with real life without having those sorts of statistics in front of me - if you know of a good resource with real life statistics for these types of things please forward them onto us as every bit of research helps.

Thanks.

I looked for it for half an hour in google, couldn't find anything that breaks down the injuries between in game and practice. However, we're all big football fans here and we should have an approximate idea. Personally I watch 2-3 full games a week sometimes, and I just can't think of seing an injury forced substitution once every week (which means once every 2-3 games, which is pretty much the frequency in FM). I play soccer myself (I also played until 16 in Fenerbahce youth teams), and a lot of times I got injured during games, but was able to continue (not 100% of course), and only after the game when the body cools down sometimes you realize that the injury is more severe than you thought, and then you don't play for 1-2 weeks. I'm not saying this doesn't happen in FM, actually it does, it's just the percentage of this happening is too low compared to the percentage of player being forced to get out of the game.

With the condition of players going down now since 10.2 is it possible to rest a player for 1 or 2 days after the last match by just pressing one button.

Say a button that says rest all players who played over 45 minutes in the last match rather than going to each individual player and choosing rest for 1 or 2 days?

I think, if anything, I've had less injuries than I would expect. Also a bit of an increase of knocks in matches without any crosses resulting, just lower condition, which I think is probably more realistic. Default training doesn't seem to produce as much injuries as in previous games either, which I think is again, closer to reality.

• SI Staff
I looked for it for half an hour in google, couldn't find anything that breaks down the injuries between in game and practice. However, we're all big football fans here and we should have an approximate idea. Personally I watch 2-3 full games a week sometimes, and I just can't think of seing an injury forced substitution once every week (which means once every 2-3 games, which is pretty much the frequency in FM). I play soccer myself (I also played until 16 in Fenerbahce youth teams), and a lot of times I got injured during games, but was able to continue (not 100% of course), and only after the game when the body cools down sometimes you realize that the injury is more severe than you thought, and then you don't play for 1-2 weeks. I'm not saying this doesn't happen in FM, actually it does, it's just the percentage of this happening is too low compared to the percentage of player being forced to get out of the game.

Remember that in FM, the commentary always tells you if a player has a knock, whereas watching on TV or at the stadium you may not realise a player has been replaced for that reason until later on.

im having serious errors installing the 10.2 patch have tried the direct download and the bitorrent 1 too and keep getting errorsit unzips but during the update of fm10 it crashes with an error: A hardware

I/O error was reported while accessing C:\users\scott\appdata\local\tempWZSE1.TEMP\FM2010 v10.2.0 patch installer.exe. can any1 help with this error please

Remember that in FM, the commentary always tells you if a player has a knock, whereas watching on TV or at the stadium you may not realise a player has been replaced for that reason until later on.

That's a fair point. However, what you are referring to here, is really the 'green crosses' in the ME I believe. In FM also when a player picks up a knock, and has a green cross on him, even if he is not forced out of the game, I typically substitue him, unless he is very important for me in that particular match. I think the very same thing happens in real life too, I mean managers subsituting their "half injured" player. But I don't think we really see cases in real life (as frequent as we do in FM) where a player is forced out of the game (means red cross in FM) due to injury.

I have no statistical proof to back this up, but I'm just talking from pure observation/experience.

With the condition of players going down now since 10.2 is it possible to rest a player for 1 or 2 days after the last match by just pressing one button.

Say a button that says rest all players who played over 45 minutes in the last match rather than going to each individual player and choosing rest for 1 or 2 days?

Seconded this...at the moment, I have to go through every player to do this...:(

Seconded this...at the moment, I have to go through every player to do this...:(

well this means you dont know how to use a computer :)

sort the team by "picked" , select your keeper , then use "shift+left click" on 11th player , so you will select all you 11 players that started your last match. now right click and select "assign to -> rest"

3 click , all your eleven is on rest for 1-2 days :)

well this means you dont know how to use a computer :)

sort the team by "picked" , select your keeper , then use "shift+left click" on 11th player , so you will select all you 11 players that started your last match. now right click and select "assign to -> rest"

3 click , all your eleven is on rest for 1-2 days :)

Right. So that means he doesn't know how to use a computer?

Wrong. It means you are a nerd for knowing that.

I think the frequency of injuries in game is about right, but I think the length of injuries are too short. In about 40 seasons of FM09 and 10 of FM10, I have seen only one injury to any of my players lasting more than 3 months, and very few even lasting over one month.

Do your statistics differentiate between number of injuries or number of games lost to injury as it may be that there are the right number of games missed to injury but these are divided over lots of small injuries rather than slightly fewer but longer injuries.

• Administrators
im having serious errors installing the 10.2 patch have tried the direct download and the bitorrent 1 too and keep getting errorsit unzips but during the update of fm10 it crashes with an error: A hardware

I/O error was reported while accessing C:\users\scott\appdata\local\tempWZSE1.TEMP\FM2010 v10.2.0 patch installer.exe. can any1 help with this error please

Hi Scott, I would suggest removing all traces of the patch from your PC.

Then I would download the PC boxed patch directly to your desktop and try running it - let me know how you get on, thanks.

Well, I'm seriously regretting downloading the latest patch.

The 3D game was excellent previously, now it's as jumpy as hull. On low setting (not previously required) the shirt numbers disappear and there's a very annoying flickering across the terraces. The sound is awful, a background murmer through most of the match then a massive eruption when a goal is scored, either you sit in silence through the game or risk blowing the speakers when someone scores. It's not realistic and it's downright annoying when trying to play late at night. SI have made a very bad decision in attempting to fix things that were perfectly good originally. I've hardly played it since I patched it.

Has anyone else had this and did starting a new game with the 2nd patch already installed help? If not, I'm heading back to patch number one and restarting.

Are SI going to look again at what is and isn't available on the low, medium and high graphics settings and also tweak the sounds in the next patch? Given the loss of playability on medium and low settings this will almost certainly be the last FM game I can buy for a few years. That's not me being stroppy, the game has reached the outer limits of what my PC can cope with and I can't afford to upgrade for ages. Shame really.

• Administrators
Well, I'm seriously regretting downloading the latest patch.

The 3D game was excellent previously, now it's as jumpy as hull. On low setting (not previously required) the shirt numbers disappear and there's a very annoying flickering across the terraces. The sound is awful, a background murmer through most of the match then a massive eruption when a goal is scored, either you sit in silence through the game or risk blowing the speakers when someone scores. It's not realistic and it's downright annoying when trying to play late at night. SI have made a very bad decision in attempting to fix things that were perfectly good originally. I've hardly played it since I patched it.

Has anyone else had this and did starting a new game with the 2nd patch already installed help? If not, I'm heading back to patch number one and restarting.

Are SI going to look again at what is and isn't available on the low, medium and high graphics settings and also tweak the sounds in the next patch? Given the loss of playability on medium and low settings this will almost certainly be the last FM game I can buy for a few years. That's not me being stroppy, the game has reached the outer limits of what my PC can cope with and I can't afford to upgrade for ages. Shame really.

Nothing has been changed in terms of sound in this patch so that was the same before. In terms of the graphical changes, I would suggest updating your graphics card drivers as this certainly can improve performance. Details on how to do so can be found in the FAQ. Let us know how you get on, thanks.

Nothing has been changed in terms of sound in this patch so that was the same before. In terms of the graphical changes, I would suggest updating your graphics card drivers as this certainly can improve performance. Details on how to do so can be found in the FAQ. Let us know how you get on, thanks.

Thanks Neil, will get back to you. That sound thing is weird, nearly made me fall off my seat when it first happened. Thanks for the instant response.

Neil. Is there any progress on the blank screen issue I was experiencing? Sorry to keep asking, but I've not heard anything for a while now. If it can't be fixed, just say so, so I can continue using the game on an earlier patch. I don't want to start a long term game if my issue will be fixed in 10.3

A recap, if you're not sure what I am on about...

10.0 and 10.1 work perfectly, with minor niggles, but nothing earth shattering, or game-wrecking.

I installed 10.2 and after the team talk screen, the screen goes black, the game plays less than 10 minutes

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sheeshkebab/102patch.jpg)

and then tells me a serious error has occured. 2d crashes too, and the commentary randomly crashes, nearly always at half time.

My Direct X is up to date, my graphics card drivers are up to date, I have deleted the cache, manually uninstalled the game and removed the SI data from the registry.

I've uninstalled my graphics card, reinstalled, restarted and reinstalled, then done another manual ujninstall of the game.

I have disabled the 3d cameras in the Preferences, which forces the game into 2d mode, which still crashes.

I have set the graphics quality to Low, Medium, High and Auto Select and it still crashes.

I have turned off all combinations of weather effects, player names, stadiums, and Low, Medium, High and Auto Select for the graphics level and it still crashes. I have tried playing games without sound too. No 3rd party logos, no edited data, 10.2 patch, 10.2 database, no 3rd party ddt files

All my games, so far, have been Senior XI v Reserve XI sides, as this is the earliest fixture I can get. All games are Small DB, English Premier Division only (for speed of loading, and so I know I am not overloading the game)

Please, Please, Please, I need help with this. I'm usually OK with fixing graphics issues, but I cannot figure this out for the life of me, it is probably something very simple.

Some DXDIAG information is below.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/20/2009, 00:46:57

Machine name: NONE-F7770DE599

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: NVIDIA

System Model: AWRDACPI

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Page File: 488MB used, 1972MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 6600

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00F2&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A2

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0011.9562 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 11/21/2009 02:34:54, 6282752 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 11/21/2009 02:34:54, 10235968 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-43B2-11CF-EA46-0B2003C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x00F2

SubSys ID: 0x00000000

Revision ID: 0x00A2

Revision ID: 0x00A2

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D ModeWMV9_B ModeWMV9_A

Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: Realtek AC97 Audio

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00EA&SUBSYS_A0021458&REV_A1

Manufacturer ID: 65535

Product ID: 65535

Type: WDM

Driver Name: ALCXWDM.SYS

Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5580 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

Date and Size: 5/14/2004 15:24:10, 622172 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0x0

Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: Yes

EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

I3DL2 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

Sensaura ZoomFX: No

Registry: OK

Sound Test Result: Not run

Generally, I'm pleased with the patch overall, however superkeepers can be a problem on the odd occasion. Also the fact you rarely see players now round the keeper, as mentioned earlier. I would like one little addition to the game, which would generally improve it and make it easier for the players. Whenever a sub is made, may that be by human or the AI, there should be a little message saying whose gone off and whose come on. Whether that may be when you're viewing a highlight, or just as the game moves on the next one. Whenever a sub is made, especially by the AI, we should see a little message. I know we can see this from other windows etc, but if like me you use TV View, and don't open any of the things (You get what I mean) you should see a little message.

• Administrators
Yeah i have the same issue, and now am very annoyed i'm having to lose all game data to uninstall the game and re install it. Very DISAPPOINTING.

You won't lose all game data, this is saved separately and will only be deleted if you choose to delete it manually. Let us know how you get on after the reinstall. Thanks.

You won't lose all game data, this is saved separately and will only be deleted if you choose to delete it manually. Let us know how you get on after the reinstall. Thanks.

Hi, sorry i apologise as i was mistaken on that issue.

My actual problem is the new patch... everything appeared fine until it got to the match. The 3d match engine just freezes the match, everything stays still. The match only continues on when i click onto something else like match analysis or something which doesnt involve the showing of the players running around etc.... ?

Help please?

Hi, sorry i apologise as i was mistaken on that issue.

My actual problem is the new patch... everything appeared fine until it got to the match. The 3d match engine just freezes the match, everything stays still. The match only continues on when i click onto something else like match analysis or something which doesnt involve the showing of the players running around etc.... ?

Help please?

Sounds like what I have. Does your 3d screen go black?

As stated in my previous post's my game has slowed down after I downloaded 10.2 Patch, I have delete my cache 2times reinstalled the game 2 times updated my graphics driver etc. I have done everything recommended to me by the users and staff of this forum.

It has now been over 2 hours and the game has not continued what you recommend I do.

The Game size 109,964 1,635,008kb memory peak as shown in the task manager.

Should I go to the task manager and end the process I have a copy of the crash dump file I created by right clicking on FM process and creating a crash dump file in the task manager if you would like it is rather big .

This is very annoying why I cannot continue.

Should I go back to 10.1.1 as I made a copy of my game before the update?

HELP

Yours

Farhan

I've noticed that with the new patch, certains players' accomplished and below positions seem to just disappear after you add yourself as a new manager at the start of the game. While browisng through teams to decide who to manage you can see the positions they should be able to play but then as soon as I add myself, they're gone. A few random examples: Matteo Cassani goes from D/WBRL, MR to D/WBR, Michael Dingsdag goes from SW, DC, DM, MC to DC, and Jeremy Hall of NY Red Bulls goes from DR, AMRL to DR, and this is the same for a number of other players. I've checked through all their profiles and it seems that they only keep their natural positions and lose all the others. This is really odd, has anyone else had the same problem?

Its been really messy after I put on 10.2 I had already played 2 seasons with 10.1 without hitch and I implemented 10.2 in the december of 2011. Now in 2012 I have had rains in almost each of my january and february matches. That I think is ridiculous.

If needed I can upload the game. Has anyone else faced this issue especially Italy?

Hi Scott, I would suggest removing all traces of the patch from your PC.

Then I would download the PC boxed patch directly to your desktop and try running it - let me know how you get on, thanks.

Thats me deleted the old download and downloaded again this time doing it direct to my desktop but still keep getting the same error this has been nearly a week i have downloaded deleted and downloaded this patch why do yous keep launching the games when they are obviously not ready same thing happened last year took me 3 weeks to finally getting the game to work properly mate!!!

Whatever happened to reciprocal sportsmanship?

In previous versions, a player goes down injured, someone sportingly kicks the ball out of play, the other team would then sportingly throw the ball back to the team that kicked it out of play.

In 10.2, a player goes down injured, someone sportingly kicks the ball out of play, the other team then challenges for the throw in.

What's going on? Why did sporting play get removed from the game?

• Administrators
Thats me deleted the old download and downloaded again this time doing it direct to my desktop but still keep getting the same error this has been nearly a week i have downloaded deleted and downloaded this patch why do yous keep launching the games when they are obviously not ready same thing happened last year took me 3 weeks to finally getting the game to work properly mate!!!

I'd suggest updating your graphics card drivers, details on how to do so can be found in the FAQ - not having the latest updates can cause issues with your game. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Neil, upgraded video driver and now it's running as smoothe as a baby's behind in 'medium' matchday setting. Thank you so much for your assistance. Happy new year to the SI team.

i have ran into an error. when trying to the save the game, there is an error msg "save game failed, the game could not be saved". there is enough disk space, I have tried to restart my pc, restart the game, uninstall and reinstall game then start new game and all dun work. Please help!!!

• Administrators
i have ran into an error. when trying to the save the game, there is an error msg "save game failed, the game could not be saved". there is enough disk space, I have tried to restart my pc, restart the game, uninstall and reinstall game then start new game and all dun work. Please help!!!

Have you tried turning on auto save via the preferences? Are you running the latest patch?

What version of the game are you running (such as from DVD, Steam or Digital Download)?

What happens when you try and exit the game, do you get an option to save? Let me know, thanks.

Archived