The OFFICIAL patch 10.2 thread! - Can we keep all feedback in here, cheers!

Dear SI,

Am loving FM2010, just wanted to mention something.

When I use 3D, it happens about once a season that whilst watching a match in 3D, the game freezes. What happens is that the players keep on running (whilst remaining at the same position) but nothing happens. No sound, no commentary, nothing. When this happens my only option is to use the "Force Stop" option of the MacOSX. Mind you, this doesn't matter much as my FM autosaves everyday. I mean when you're computer is technically able to do so without slowing the game down at all, why not eh?

I am using a brand new Macbook Pro 5.4. It's a 15 inch version with 256 MB shared video memory.

I usually don't post bugs or read other people's tech problems, so I don't know if this is a common problem or not. Either way, I would be obliged if you would have a look at it. It's no biggie for me, but there is obviously something wrong.

And oh yeah, when I play FM it's always the only program running, and my 3D settings are set on lowest graphical level, so it can't be a performance issue I suppose? I have installed the latest patch.

PS: I have also posted this issue in the Tech Issues forum.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Still, no answer. If you can't fix it just tell me!

I expect someone will come back to you after the Xmas break. If you PM me I will forward your details to QA and see if they can offer any advice in the meantime.

I expect someone will come back to you after the Xmas break. If you PM me I will forward your details to QA and see if they can offer any advice in the meantime.

Thank you for replying. Was getting frustrating not getting a response!

This is both incredibly vague and I really don't know how someone would go about helping me, but it's worth a shot I suppose.

Since the game updated to 10.2, I've been getting this weird flickering on screen. The 3D ME will go along, then all of a sudden, flash black. Not the entire screen, but mostly just the pitch. It happens for just a split second, as in a really split second, then goes away. One of many odd things about it: it usually happens as a player kicks the ball. Not every time someone kicks it does it appear, and its not only when they kick it does it appear, but it seems the majority of flashing is due to kicking. That's just a bit confusing.

I tried updating my drivers, but no good. I even tried reverting them to the past version, but that didn't do it either. I also just tried for a solid hour to get a screenshot of it, but just couldn't get it. It would really help because describing exactly what it does is difficult. There will be these grey lines that randomly seem to branch out from the center spot, along with the aforementioned blackness on the pitch itself. But I swear sometimes it flashes grey, with black lines, but then other times the lines will be different colors, and they will only be connecting from players to other players/the ball/the center spot, but the pitch will remain normal. It might make more sense that I'm having a seizure. :p

The weird thing is that if I were to go back and replay the match, like the saved one, there is no flickering. It's only when it's processing that first time. Not really sure what to make of it. So there is basically no evidence of this happening, but it is. I swear.

I also have the Steam version if that makes a difference.

Dear SI,

When I use 3D, it happens about once a season that whilst watching a match in 3D, the game freezes. What happens is that the players keep on running (whilst remaining at the same position) but nothing happens. No sound, no commentary, nothing. When this happens my only option is to use the "Force Stop" option of the MacOSX. Mind you, this doesn't matter much as my FM autosaves everyday. I mean when you're computer is technically able to do so without slowing the game down at all, why not eh?

I am using a brand new Macbook Pro 5.4. It's a 15 inch version with 256 MB shared video memory.

I usually don't post bugs or read other people's tech problems, so I don't know if this is a common problem or not. Either way, I would be obliged if you would have a look at it. It's no biggie for me, but there is obviously something wrong.

And oh yeah, when I play FM it's always the only program running, and my 3D settings are set on lowest graphical level, so it can't be a performance issue I suppose? I have installed the latest patch.

This happens to me occasionally. How long are you leaving it before quitting? I find if you leave it alone for a minute or so it always starts working again.

This happens to me occasionally. How long are you leaving it before quitting? I find if you leave it alone for a minute or so it always starts working again.

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Last time I waited for about 3 minutes and ran out of patience. The next times this happens I will just make myself a coup of tea and see what it does :)

This is both incredibly vague and I really don't know how someone would go about helping me, but it's worth a shot I suppose.

Since the game updated to 10.2, I've been getting this weird flickering on screen. The 3D ME will go along, then all of a sudden, flash black. Not the entire screen, but mostly just the pitch. It happens for just a split second, as in a really split second, then goes away. One of many odd things about it: it usually happens as a player kicks the ball. Not every time someone kicks it does it appear, and its not only when they kick it does it appear, but it seems the majority of flashing is due to kicking. That's just a bit confusing.

I tried updating my drivers, but no good. I even tried reverting them to the past version, but that didn't do it either. I also just tried for a solid hour to get a screenshot of it, but just couldn't get it. It would really help because describing exactly what it does is difficult. There will be these grey lines that randomly seem to branch out from the center spot, along with the aforementioned blackness on the pitch itself. But I swear sometimes it flashes grey, with black lines, but then other times the lines will be different colors, and they will only be connecting from players to other players/the ball/the center spot, but the pitch will remain normal. It might make more sense that I'm having a seizure. :p

The weird thing is that if I were to go back and replay the match, like the saved one, there is no flickering. It's only when it's processing that first time. Not really sure what to make of it. So there is basically no evidence of this happening, but it is. I swear.

I also have the Steam version if that makes a difference.

You should report this in the bugs forum!

I didn't really believe in super keepers and thought there were no such things, until today.

Well, I still don't think there are any super keepers, but I came across an annoying issue.

(this is not a venting post by an angry person, because I still win games. It's just that the game feels so unrealistic atm)

As Barcelona, I met Real Madrid in the league fixture. Luckily Casillas was injured and some second rate keeper was there, someone called Antonio Adan. He had played in 1 league match in the whole season, which is now nearly over.

It was my away game, but I won 2-0. But to my amazement, the backup keeper of real madrid got the MoM, with 9.0 rating.

So it seemed interesting. I reloaded the game and played it again in the same condition. I won 2-0 again, but he again got the MoM, with 8.5 rating

I thought 'that's odd'.. and I played it again yet another time. Surely not the third time... yep. He again got the MoM with 8.5 rating, even though I won 3-1 this time.

Remembering that his attributes are barely good enough to be a regular player in a relegating team, this phenomenon is just unacceptable.

Surely the keepers should NOT be praised for incompetent finishing skills of the strikers?

We all know that there are issues with too many CCC's and poor finishing that result from it, but it's an entirely another thing to actually pretend the keeper did all the work, when all he had to do was just come out and stand still.

Dont know if this is due to patch 10.2 as I also used bladesman lower league expansion

But since installing the new patch, the fixtures in the Premier League seem really odd.

Instead of some games on Sat and then some on the Sunday.

They are ALL on the Saturday? With a couple midweek etc.

So out of 38 games, teams are playing about 35 of them on the Saturday? Which seems odd.

Is this due to patch 10.2 or superbladesman lower league patch? I just found it odd any idea whats causing this?

Dont know if this is due to patch 10.2 as I also used bladesman lower league expansion

But since installing the new patch, the fixtures in the Premier League seem really odd.

So out of 38 games, teams are playing about 35 of them on the Saturday? Which seems odd.

Is this due to patch 10.2 or superbladesman lower league patch? I just found it odd any idea whats causing this?

Do you have move matches for tv ticked?

hi all. really need some help with this,

ive just downloaded the 10.2 patch and went to start a new game but when i click on my fm2010 icon instead of the game loading it takes me to the saved games folder in the sports interactive folder?

even when i right click on the icon the only options available to me are saved games, copy, pim to start menu, add to quick launch, customize and hide this game has any one got an idea whats happened

thanks

probs been mentioned in this thread, fix AI comebacks, fix superkeepers. fix the whole media package. fix the marking of defenders and fix 1v1 finishing. shoudnt take a striker with finishing 18 6 1v1s to score.....oh another thing, was in a match against midlesborough losing 0-1 when dominating (teams score against me from 30 yards constant)...i change my tactics and formation and start dominating putting in some excellent corners. the ball fell to alex song infront of goal he hits it over because there player is injured..it was a empty net from 3-4 yards and it says song kicks it out so the player can receive treatment LMFAO...how silly is that?....if you dont believe me ill provide evidence. if your losing you shoudnt care if there player next to you has a hole in there head your still going to tap the ball in. you woudnt think anything else.

I have installed the new update through steam and what i am noticing is that in the reserve and the under 18 leagues the goalkeepers are being substituted nearly all the time during the half time interval. I am managing Manchester United. I think this is a bug and should be fixed.

Thanks

Just for your info i am running the game on windows vista (PC)

someone posted this but the topic got closed, but it happens nearly every match, ive tried all types of tactics etc..well heres the original post

""""""""Love FM always have and have never ever had a problem before but it seems since I have installed the new patch I just can't win a match.

My last 5 games shots statistics and possession ratings are;

Me: 20 shots 12 on target - Them: 4 shots 2 on target - Final Score Me: 0 - 1 Them (Possession 61% - 39%)

Me: 22 shots 10 on target - Them 5 shots 1 on target - Final Score Me: 1 - 1 Them

(Possession 58% - 42%

Me: 10 shots 5 on target - Them 3 shots 2 on target - Final Score Me: 0 - 1 Them

(Possession 59% - 41%)

Me: 8 shots 7 on target - Them 1 shot 1 on target - Final Score Me: 1 - 1 Them

(Possession 53% - 47%)

Me: 19 shots 13 on target - Them 2 shots 2 on target - Final Score Me: 2 - 1 Them

(Possession 67% - 33%)

Now I understand that teams nick results but this is happening every single match now and it is making this unplayable. It's not like my strikers aren't good enough Marlon King and Garry O'Connor in League One should suffice don't you think? It seems that every time we shoot the keeper (even with the worst stats going) saves it. Yet they break away and score on the first and usually only attack, either that or they will smash long shots past me nearly every single game, now I'm pretty sure screamers don't go in every single match. I have started quite a few games lately and it just seems to go the same way no matter who I am.

Before this I was doing fine and having successful games on FM, I love this game but I just feel like the matches are unrealistic at the moment.""""""""

this is a issue me and my brother are finding, we aint exagerating, but it needs to be sorted as its putting me off...you die hard fools will prob say tactics but ive played every FM and know what im doing.

Anyone know a solution for this?

Patch 10.2 has made the ME very, very frustrating for me. I updated and started a new game with my tactics from 10.1 and I struggled to score goals ( which wasnt really a problem in 10.1 with me getting about 3-4 CCC a game on average, which i thought was about right ) so I decided to tinker with tactics, try different players, but again no luck, so i decided to start a new game with two strikers instead of one. but it only pretty much doubled the issues with the ME.

7 or 8 CCC per game, strikers getting free in the box only to run right at the keeper until theres no room left and they knock it right against them......most of my goals seem to be saves by the keeper and rebounds from my midfielders, or wonder goals from outside the area. I have managed to find a way around it, but it only seems to work because i get so many chances per game that one or two have to go in. The enjoyment from the previous ME has gone for me, we can say 'superkeeper' or simply blame it on 5 other things that probably cause this to look as if its the issue. It's such a shame, because apart from the horrific state of the regen players, i was really enjoying FM10 until this patch. I have complained for years about having to re-do tactics for every patch, but It seems to be more of a problem with each FM release. It's not my players, its not my tactics, so trolls, dont bother.

I have played S.I games since CM2, and still play via the internet with 5 of my friends from school and we all see this issue, every single one of us, and we all play different tactics, with different players and teams, obviously.....but we have actually stopped playing out network games due to this now :(

Anyone know if its possible to revert back to 10.1 if you have the game on steam? and actually keep it on that version? cheers

We wait months for you to update the game, only to find that you break something else so we have to work around yet another issue until the next patch, its not good enough...

But FM10 is fantastic, kudos on the great game, but shame about the bugs that wreck it.

I would like to add that this issue seems to be causing the top teams to concede a very unrealistic number of goals, Chelsea have only let in 7 goals in 27 league games on one of my new saves, and liverpool 8 on the other, with chelsea conceding 9 and Man united 11, and the league seems very low scoring overall, apart from the top two teams.

I gave up on playing FM 2010 right now because of the unrealistic high number of injuries during games, but I have high hopes for the next patch. A lot of bugs needs to be fixed, including reducing the injuries so I'm hoping that 10.3 patch will bring me back playing the game.

I can live with almost every bugs, but to get a player injured almost every game is unplayable to me.

Well after looking more into it.

It seems nearly all Serie A games are played on a Sunday (with a few played midweek) while most Premierleague games played on a Saturday, with a few on sunday, and then full matchdays midweek etc.

Is this a bug caused by 10.2? as before 10.2 I had no issue with the scheduling.

I have move matches for TV ticked, so I have no idea how to fix it

Big bob, i had this problem on the demo, but to be honest, with 10.1 and 10.2 I have not had this be a problem, if anything theres not enough of them.

Shut UP!!! :D

Seconded.

Quick question deepblue, do you get the weird fixtures list as such?

Like most games on Saturday with next to none on the Sunday etc?

I had a created League where none of the matches got moved from Saturday unless there was a European game on the Thursday. I reported a bug and haven't played that creation since.

I had a created League where none of the matches got moved from Saturday unless there was a European game on the Thursday. I reported a bug and haven't played that creation since.

Ah ok.

Well even in the Premier league etc. 90% of games are on Saturday with a couple on Sunday then midweek fixtures.

While Serie A its all on Sunday with 1 or 2 on Saturday.

Sounds like the same bug?

Ah ok.

Well even in the Premier league etc. 90% of games are on Saturday with a couple on Sunday then midweek fixtures.

While Serie A its all on Sunday with 1 or 2 on Saturday.

Sounds like the same bug?

Is this the case with teams in the Uefa Cup? Do Villa have to play on the thursday, and then on the saturday?

No, and lots of posts indicate average number of goals scored seems about right.

It's not the number of goals scored people are really complaining about, its the number of CCC per game, of which most are saved by the keeper. A lot of people are having 7-9 CCC chances per game and watching th best strikers in the world miss 4 or 5 these a game can be very frustating. I see the issue, but don't have issues scoring goals........some tactics show it more than others. In my main 10.2 save my team are the 2nd top scorers in the league, but if they converted even 1/3 of the CCC chances id score 7 or 8 a game, which i do not want ( but has happened 3 times in 6 months ) but id much rather it was a more realistic 3/4 per game with my strikers scoring a high % of them.

The ME is very close to being right, but this issue is happening for way too many people for it to be ignored. I think if S.I can manage to improve the engine to give less CCC and make strikers take a more realistic number of them, then we would just about have it spot on.

FM10 is fantastic, one of the best versions of the series, just a shame these issues are such a pain for some people.

I really dislike posters that dismiss this issue people are having.....I don't see people trolling threads about players being unable to install or boot the game up saying ' My game installed and works fine, so therefore this cannot be an issue! '

I could quite easily contine with this patch and do just as well as i did in 10.1, but the ME way of keeping down the goal tally is rather frustrating to watch....Striker is through on goal...20 yards out....runs with the ball......right to the six yard box....hits it against the keeper! How did he manage to stop that??!! zzzzzzzzz

The amount of times the opponent scores from free kicks is ridiculous, ime an experienced player and ime sure there is nothing wrong with my tactical setup, it seems the game cannot hack that you have somehow found a way to win and gives every free kick and corner taker beckham like abilitys, i have been winning games one nil until the 80th minute when all of a sudden corner GOAL GOAL GOAL....oh dang i guess that happens irl but then 5 minutes later a guy heads a free kick into my goal and all of a sudden ive lost. getting realy sick of it happening once every other game:thdn:

I am playing as Manchester United manager with the latest patch 10.2 installed. Before this patch was installed, there were some who were legends or icons at Manchester United such as Alex Ferguson and Eric Cantona. But when the patch was installed, there was not even a single staff or player who is a legend or an icon at Manchester United! Why is this so? Is anyone else facing the same problem? I am now at November 2014 and have won every single competition with Manchester United. Before this patch was installed, I was even named as a favourite personnel! But now, I am not even in the list! Is this a bug? Please give me an explanation!

Thank You! :(

• SI Staff
It's not the number of goals scored people are really complaining about, its the number of CCC per game, of which most are saved by the keeper. A lot of people are having 7-9 CCC chances per game and watching th best strikers in the world miss 4 or 5 these a game can be very frustating. I see the issue, but don't have issues scoring goals........some tactics show it more than others. In my main 10.2 save my team are the 2nd top scorers in the league, but if they converted even 1/3 of the CCC chances id score 7 or 8 a game, which i do not want ( but has happened 3 times in 6 months ) but id much rather it was a more realistic 3/4 per game with my strikers scoring a high % of them.

The ME is very close to being right, but this issue is happening for way too many people for it to be ignored. I think if S.I can manage to improve the engine to give less CCC and make strikers take a more realistic number of them, then we would just about have it spot on.

FM10 is fantastic, one of the best versions of the series, just a shame these issues are such a pain for some people.

I really dislike posters that dismiss this issue people are having.....I don't see people trolling threads about players being unable to install or boot the game up saying ' My game installed and works fine, so therefore this cannot be an issue! '

I could quite easily contine with this patch and do just as well as i did in 10.1, but the ME way of keeping down the goal tally is rather frustrating to watch....Striker is through on goal...20 yards out....runs with the ball......right to the six yard box....hits it against the keeper! How did he manage to stop that??!! zzzzzzzzz

It certainly isnt being ignored, but the worst thing we could do would be to overcompensate somehow and unbalance things elsewhere. The balance is always so fine, and there isnt a vast amount of coding time available for 10.3. Hopefully we'll tweak it right.

It certainly isnt being ignored, but the worst thing we could do would be to overcompensate somehow and unbalance things elsewhere. The balance is always so fine, and there isnt a vast amount of coding time available for 10.3. Hopefully we'll tweak it right.

Hey Paul, just wondering if its just my game that is acting weird with fixtures as such?

Like 90% of Prem games are on Saturday, with a couple on Sunday. While its the opposite for Serie A etc?

It seems to only of started to happen after 10.2 was installed

• SI Staff
Dear SI,

I've not encountered this before I have to admit. Have you tried deleting the 'Sports Interactive' folders from the following locations and restarting the game:

User > Library > Caches

User > Library > Preferences

This may help, failing that sometimes switching between windowed and full screen mode can help (if you are able to while this is happening)

It would be really helpful if you could run 'Console' whilst playing and see if it shows any messages when your freeze happens.

• Administrators
I gave up on playing FM 2010 right now because of the unrealistic high number of injuries during games, but I have high hopes for the next patch. A lot of bugs needs to be fixed, including reducing the injuries so I'm hoping that 10.3 patch will bring me back playing the game.

I can live with almost every bugs, but to get a player injured almost every game is unplayable to me.

We've said previously that looking at statistics in the 10.2 patch if anything there are too few injuries in 10.2, so this is unlikely to change. I would suggest playing less intensive tactics and reducing the intensity of your training regimes.

• Administrators
The amount of times the opponent scores from free kicks is ridiculous, ime an experienced player and ime sure there is nothing wrong with my tactical setup, it seems the game cannot hack that you have somehow found a way to win and gives every free kick and corner taker beckham like abilitys, i have been winning games one nil until the 80th minute when all of a sudden corner GOAL GOAL GOAL....oh dang i guess that happens irl but then 5 minutes later a guy heads a free kick into my goal and all of a sudden ive lost. getting realy sick of it happening once every other game:thdn:

I would suggest tweaking your defensive marking, if you're holding onto a 1-0 lead, it may be worth bringing you attacking players back for corners. Likewise, if you have a small team I'd suggest bringing in some height which always helps in defensive situations.

I'd suggest updating your graphics card drivers, details on how to do so can be found in the FAQ - not having the latest updates can cause issues with your game. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

right neil thats me downloaded the most recent graphics card for my laptop but im still getting the exact same error message this is doing my head in now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If SI will find the perfect balance for a great match engine, this will be the best FM ever after 10.3. I think the testers are aware of all the bugs reported so far after 10.2 and there trying to make the game even better. The match engine is the most important part of the game, also unrealistic transfers should be fixed as long as the transfer prices for players. They're too big in 10.2. In 10.1 they were OK.

On previous FM, on 9.3.0 patch the transfer market and prices for player were close to perfection and very real in my oppinion. Take that as a reference when you're tweaking the transfers.

I'm glad for the fixing of the player substitute bug and now finally the distance run by players in a full game are correct, very close to real life.

I'm anxiously awaiting for 10.3 and hoping that SI learned from the mistakes they made so far and release a long term playable game after the next patch.

im loving the game,but since the latest patch have noticed (in full match mode) when a side kicks the ball purposely out of play because of injury the other side never give the ball back from a throw in (my team included)...and when you make tactical changes and return to the game (it was on pause) the match has jumped about 5 minutes,ive gone back to game and was taking a penalty,the incident was missed while game was paused??????

No idea what I am doing wrong, but cannot get that patch to work for me. I Have the Boxed version of the game, so should work once I download the link I assumed.

I have it saved in my SI folder, added .exe to the name so its:

Name: FM2010_v10.2.exe

Type: 0_PC_PATCH[1] File Size: 179,820 KB

But when I click on it, just leads to my original game, the 10.0 version.

What could i be doing wrong?

Would be grateful if somebody who successfully got it working could say what they did.

Thanks.

My team have turned into Bolton. Had won the EPL for the last two seasons and at the end of last season co-incided with the patch being released. This season I am finding that I still play crisp build up play to the edge of the box but then the players either cross or shoot with about half the time it ends up as a corner. From there I am scoring consistently. From 33 goals scored so far 12 have been from corners. I also have 7 goals from indirect free kicks, 4 from direct free kicks and 2 penalties meaning 25 of my 33 goals have come from set plays and only 8 in open play. (can't seem to find own goals but there have been a few) In part this comes from have poorer shots, better goalkeepers and faster closing down. I have also found that my strikers seems to rarely aim for the corners of the goal but shoot straight at the goalie in the middle of the goal.

This reliance on set pieces is self perpetuating as my buying policy is geared towards the best way to win - in essence I am turning into Bolton

I've got a 'black screen' issue that appears to be different to anyone else.

Never had it until I downloaded 10.2, but now at random times when I start playing, both the 2D and 3D entire screen is black. It isn't just the pitch as described above, but any view where I try to 'watch' the match. The clock hangs and the game is stuck at whatever time it switched to the highlights.

If I turn the highlights off and go commentary only then it works again, but that isn't really an acceptable workaround.

I don't believe its a Driver or DIVX problem, as this only appears probably once for every 5/6 games I start up, but once I start it, the only way to get rid is to entirely shutdown the game and re-start and then it can take up to 9/10 re-loads before it starts working, again, not an acceptable workaround.

Only noticed it since 10.2 appeared. Ideas?

(I've got a screenshot but can't work out how to upload it or embed it in this thread and don't know if I'll be frowned upon for doing that anyway)

Archived