The OFFICIAL patch 10.2 thread! - Can we keep all feedback in here, cheers!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got a 'black screen' issue that appears to be different to anyone else.

Never had it until I downloaded 10.2, but now at random times when I start playing, both the 2D and 3D entire screen is black. It isn't just the pitch as described above, but any view where I try to 'watch' the match. The clock hangs and the game is stuck at whatever time it switched to the highlights.

If I turn the highlights off and go commentary only then it works again, but that isn't really an acceptable workaround.

I don't believe its a Driver or DIVX problem, as this only appears probably once for every 5/6 games I start up, but once I start it, the only way to get rid is to entirely shutdown the game and re-start and then it can take up to 9/10 re-loads before it starts working, again, not an acceptable workaround.

Only noticed it since 10.2 appeared. Ideas?

(I've got a screenshot but can't work out how to upload it or embed it in this thread and don't know if I'll be frowned upon for doing that anyway)

Happens to me to. About 5 pages back there is a list of things to try. I'm still waiting for a response.

Very impressed with the latest version, but i have noticed that there a lot of missing second nationalities on players. the like of Gary Cahill, Matt Kilgallon, Kyle Naughton, Jamie O'Hara, Mark Noble,Gary O'Neill, Hayden Mullins, Dave Kitson, Andy Carroll, Simon Cox..can all represent Ireland, but they do not have a second nationality set.

Even the players that do have a second nationality for Ireland, and have declared for England but do not have a full cap, there does not seem to be a way to even try to talk them into representing them second nation (Kevin Nolan, Jonjo shelvey)

Is there anyway around this?

Afraid to say I've given up with the game for now and waiting for the 10.3 patch to come out. Every single game I play, both my team (west brom) and the opposition get so many one on ones from through balls (often around 5-8) only for them to be constantly shot at the keeper or well saved. At first I persevered with it but it just makes the game so unrealistic and frustrating. Hopefully in 10.3 the number of these chances being created will be reduced and the % scored will be increased.

Sorry to be a moaner but this is the first time since I started playing the game 3 years ago that I have found it so unplayable. Its so close to being perfect, almost every other area of the game is perfect so crossing my fingers 10.3 sorts this and makes it the best FM ever!

I've been playing on FM 10.2 for a while now and I have no complaints so far, great work SI! :)

Me too... I've played about 6 seasons with 10.2 so far and in my opinion it's the best ever.

More realism, less arcadey.

Less of 50-goals-per-season strikers

Less of 35-goals-per-season central midfilders

=

More real :cool:

Right, this really gets on my tits.

I'm in the middle of a match, and I cancel a Replay when either team scores.

Now, it comes out of the replay but it still says in the top right the replay speed etc.

It's difficult to notice and at the end of the game it won't let me continue.

So I have to quit the whole game completely! :(

Please Please Please can this be fixed?

Thanks!

Yes, crap realisam

A good header jump 5 metar from the goal, and shoot the ball with the header from the left side, straight to the right side of the goal were the GK is. He has the whole goal free but he just shoot like every user player on this forum straight to the GK.

AI strikers are better, they are able to score placed shoot in the angle of the goal

Yeah, that is realisam.

I wonder, if you say that the patch 10.2 is "perfect" why are million of people moaning on one single thing: the conclusion of your striker

And also, when you say it is good, can you please tell me: How to make my GK become MOM????

Yes, crap realisam

A good header jump 5 metar from the goal, and shoot the ball with the header from the left side, straight to the right side of the goal were the GK is. He has the whole goal free but he just shoot like every user player on this forum straight to the GK.

AI strikers are better, they are able to score placed shoot in the angle of the goal

Yeah, that is realisam.

I wonder, if you say that the patch 10.2 is "perfect" why are million of people moaning on one single thing: the conclusion of your striker

And also, when you say it is good, can you please tell me: How to make my GK become MOM????

There aren't millions moaning, there is actually about 5 of you who just keep opening threads about it. All very boring now. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Just got the game about a fortnight ago and been playing religiously, like a season and a half per day. I've had three different careers to date.

I've been with the top clubs and the worst clubs going. I've won everything going. With Celtic, I done 6 back to back trebles and managed a Europa Cup win as well. I went to Palermo in that game and won the Serie A within 3 years and another Europa Cup. When i was with Celtic, the same rubbish players would score against me season after season with a record like 1 in 17 before playing me, they'd score doubles with no CCC whereas it'd take me like 17 or 18 shots and 8/9 CCC.

When at Palermo I had a better quality of player and still the diddies scored with very little chances whilst it took my strikers, Pato and some regens with 18 finishing and composure to bury a CCC after having 8 of them.

Now I'm a new game and I'm Fortuna Sittard, 5 seasons in and I'm pushing for a euro place in the Eredivisie. I've played a pretty defensive game on the counter. Playing back 4, DM, 2 x BWM, then three up(2xAF + Poacher). Playing Rigid Counter and direct play. Now, Being so defensive and hitting on the break I'm creating 6/7 chances, maybe 3/4CCC per game. It's like 1 v 1 and my strikers, 16F/16C, 15F/17C, 12F/13C are missing barrelloads.

I'm limiting teams to a lot of long shots but their players with 7 long shots are banging them in.

Anyway, here are my biggest issues.

1/ Injuries. I'm getting 3/4 injuries per game. This is so unrealistic and it's the biggest worry. It's starting to affect my enjoyment, just a little though:)

2/ Bookings and break up of play. It seems the AI has their team on break up the play as it shows in the reprt after when it says 'my team wasn't allowed to play due to the opposition breaking up the play with fouls'. I notice this in game however, very rarely does the AI get booked and the game easily gets broken up 15/16 times with always a 'stern warning' or a 'ticking off'. As soon as my players make a foul? YC!!!!

3/ Individual errors. I'd say on average this happens to my players 2 in 3 games. My team, defending well, organised and then leading 1-0? Centre half decides to boot the ball right to a CF and goal. He gets a 4.7!!! Balls. Or a GK having a stormer decides to walk out the box and kick it to a CF. This ****es me off. I organise everything to a tee but this is a flaw. Major bug. I can't say I see the computer teams make these errors not even 1/10 as many times as my players.

I am enjoying the game, loving it in fact, but there are some serious issues that need addressing. I'm not going to entertain any bums who decide to tell me it's tactics because I've been playing this game for years upon years and I know that I'm easily as clued up and as good, if not better, than most people at it.

I'm sure SI are addressing some issues and looking to release the best possible game for us but I thought I'd raise these to your attention. There are problems as I've stated and anyone who disagrees is silly. I'm an enthusiast like every other fan and I don't want it easy, just fair and realistic. It is absolutely awesome for the most part, the best it's been in years actually so credit to SI for that.

There aren't millions moaning, there is actually about 5 of you who just keep opening threads about it. All very boring now. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Look Edgar, I love the game, and since it has a tactic creator like I want, I am playing it for most every day. I understood how it works, and created my tactic.

After 10.2 there were not so much edits in the ME, because I could still past the defence, and get with my ST allone against the GK. But, now it comes, for some reason there is an annomaly with this ST - GK. He gets through and is shooting towards the GK. I tryied from left, right or from the middle, every time the same. Of course, one - two shoot goes in, but not every time. I have a 15-25% of chance go in. But the other 75% are disturbing me. Why? Because for some reason STs are shooting the ball like idiots. If you are allone whit the GK, why for God sake do you shoot straight with power towards the middle of the goal? Or, from left side he has the left side of the goal free, and he shoot towards the GK how is standing on the right side. So, what I saw is: the best think (and I am tryining my boys to do this) is to lob GK or to dribble him. Lob the GK??? Are we crazy? I would never say in the real life to Rocchi, Ballotelli, Boriello, Klose, Drogba,... lob the GK. For this you have to be intelligent to know when to do this. But, in the game it seems that even a poor ST (CA 80) is so intelligent to do this.

I accept that they tryied to edit the goal scoring, because it was not ok to win every match 5:1, 7:2, 4:0, 5:1, 5:0 (this was my serie in December with Milan). But, they shouldn't edit the Striker conclusion. If you see, in the most of football matches, there are not so much chances were the ST goes so easy past the defense and get allone in front of the GK. But in the case when they get it, they have a 60% chance to score. Yesterday, Milan - Genova, I never saw a ST coming allone against the GK. But they still manage to score.

What I read in the forum is, that the most people who are scoring, have a slider tactic. I don't like slider, and I stick to my creator tactic. Once more, I am scoring, I have both of my ST as leading top scorer, but I am angry about this situation in front of the goal. I would prefer when the AI would be better, and don't let me so much chances in front of the goal. Then it would be fair

joeboy, the same thing by me. I am playing in Bosnien, the players are awfull, but they manage to score shoots like Henry. The GK (my too) are saving amaizing shoots. The AI doesn't understand how to stop me, so it make it difficult by myking my ST strike the ball like a child.

I love the game, I allways find good players, implement them in the tactic, and even then the comport sometimes like idiots on the field.

I don't have injurie problems, it still come on the match, but it are condition injurie (no green or red cross) or when it is a green cross I let him play for 10 min. to get a stable condition and then substitute.

Yellow - red card are ok, BUT: can you look at the chances where the ST is running towards the GK and the last defender stop him with a foul. So much I know, this is a straight red card, and not a yellow.

I would just like to point out that 10.2 made my game unplayable.

I'm on a mac with top specs (mac pro desktop). I complained about having no crowd from the start yet no one at si seemed to know what was wrong.

When I saw 10.2 was out I decided to download it thinking you'd fixed it. Everything was fine until I went to play a match. As soon as the 3d pitch comes up it freezes. The game will now only work with text.

I really have given up on finding a solution. I re-installed the game 3 times, deleted caches. logs and preferences to no avail and now have gone back to 10.1 which at least works but still with no crowds and distorted sound.

Are you actually looking into this or am I just going to have to live with a half arsed game? Other people have reported my first problems on this forum so it's not a sole problem.

I still cannot select graphic rating and it sticks on auto or low even though I have a top graphics card. It's really annoying to say the least.

Is anyone else on a mac having issues since going on to 10.2 with the game freezing on 3d match?

I have the same problem on my intel iMAC 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo. Before applying the 10.2 patch, the 3D Match engine worked fine but after applying the patch, the match screen freezes. The players are only moving in the 2D classic view mode.

Is this a known problem for all mac users or is it also happening on Windows?

Yeah i have the same issue, and now am very annoyed i'm having to lose all game data to uninstall the game and re install it. Very DISAPPOINTING.
So is no one from SI going to comment on the issue of the new patch not working on my macbook. Page before this, not the only person suffering this problem.
Hi, sorry i apologise as i was mistaken on that issue.

My actual problem is the new patch... everything appeared fine until it got to the match. The 3d match engine just freezes the match, everything stays still. The match only continues on when i click onto something else like match analysis or something which doesnt involve the showing of the players running around etc.... ?

Help please?

Bump. Any ideas yet?

I've tried the steps that SIGames described...

Clearing the caches, logs,... switch to fullscreen and back... The 3D hang problem isn't solved with this...

Yep tried that many times to no avail. All I know is that it's directly linked to the patch as everythings fine (with no crowd and dodgy sound) with 10.1

Well comments like this doesn't help at all.

Look Edgar, I love the game, and since it has a tactic creator like I want, I am playing it for most every day. I understood how it works, and created my tactic.

After 10.2 there were not so much edits in the ME, because I could still past the defence, and get with my ST allone against the GK. But, now it comes, for some reason there is an annomaly with this ST - GK. He gets through and is shooting towards the GK. I tryied from left, right or from the middle, every time the same. Of course, one - two shoot goes in, but not every time. I have a 15-25% of chance go in. But the other 75% are disturbing me. Why? Because for some reason STs are shooting the ball like idiots. If you are allone whit the GK, why for God sake do you shoot straight with power towards the middle of the goal? Or, from left side he has the left side of the goal free, and he shoot towards the GK how is standing on the right side. So, what I saw is: the best think (and I am tryining my boys to do this) is to lob GK or to dribble him. Lob the GK??? Are we crazy? I would never say in the real life to Rocchi, Ballotelli, Boriello, Klose, Drogba,... lob the GK. For this you have to be intelligent to know when to do this. But, in the game it seems that even a poor ST (CA 80) is so intelligent to do this.

I accept that they tryied to edit the goal scoring, because it was not ok to win every match 5:1, 7:2, 4:0, 5:1, 5:0 (this was my serie in December with Milan). But, they shouldn't edit the Striker conclusion. If you see, in the most of football matches, there are not so much chances were the ST goes so easy past the defense and get allone in front of the GK. But in the case when they get it, they have a 60% chance to score. Yesterday, Milan - Genova, I never saw a ST coming allone against the GK. But they still manage to score.

What I read in the forum is, that the most people who are scoring, have a slider tactic. I don't like slider, and I stick to my creator tactic. Once more, I am scoring, I have both of my ST as leading top scorer, but I am angry about this situation in front of the goal. I would prefer when the AI would be better, and don't let me so much chances in front of the goal. Then it would be fair

I have to agree. In fact most scores I see from my team are one-on-ones. To be real defenders seems pointless in these games (with Fm07 the defenders seem to do something). I saw the last five matches of Benfica and I have to say I only saw two times a one on one situation and they were in the same match, one for Benfica and the other for the other team.

I also saw the Milan match with Genova, i also never saw a striker alone in front of the GK.

Also one on one situation is all of the times (i won't say any statistic here because I don't know how accurate it is) is half a goal.

Been away from FM for about a month so didn't know there was another patch. I was seriously considering stopping playing on FM because games were unwinnable. Needless to say with this patch I have noticed that I have won (for the first time in a very long time!) and that both teams are able to carve out 10 times more chances - and clear cut chances - which is brilliant for me because for the first few matches of the season my team created from 0-2 shots a game, so watching matches in full detail became a test of patience.

Thanks SI!

I play a basic 4-4-2 system and try and keep everything nice and balanced with Aston Villa. I've got a decent team (likes of Dzeko, Van der Vaart, Ashley Young, Obasi) but for some reason I just can't defend. My back four is Warnock, Cuellar, Curtis Davies and John O'Shea yet I have one of the worst defensive records in the league.

Surely I shouldn't have to play a defensive system with every game to keep the goals down?

One other thing. Team talks are a load of tosh. Sorry if that is quite negative but the AI has too much of a turnaround at half times and players pay little attention to team talks. I've tried loads of varied attempts and still find comfortable leads overturned at half time.

You may want to read this thread...

Teamtalks - if you are clueless ...

I'm not clueless though and I have read it.

I'm sorry but no matter what manager you are in the world or who you manage, no team can be pegged back 6/7/8 times a season because of a 'bad' team talk at half time. If the people making this game think a few simple words can make a group of players 3-0 up at half time, not having had a shot on their goal, relinquish that lead then it's silly.

3d pitch Sabbuteo - I was running 10.1 very well apart from the occasional crashes which were to be addressed by 10.2. I have installed 10.2 and now my 3D pitch does not work properly. The players animations are like Sabbuteo characters, their legs don't move and this is obviously an issue.

I have a powerful graphics card and as I said above, things were fine withh full deatil on 10.1.

Can someone please tell me how to sort this?

Thanks.

I am using a brand new Macbook Pro 5.4. It's a 15 inch version with 256 MB shared video memory.

I usually don't post bugs or read other people's tech problems, so I don't know if this is a common problem or not. Either way, I would be obliged if you would have a look at it. It's no biggie for me, but there is obviously something wrong.

And oh yeah, when I play FM it's always the only program running, and my 3D settings are set on lowest graphical level, so it can't be a performance issue I suppose? I have installed the latest patch.

PS: I have also posted this issue in the Tech Issues forum.

This is a known issue on OS X. Or, it should be a known issue. FM frequently uses too much of the processor.

This happens to me occasionally. How long are you leaving it before quitting? I find if you leave it alone for a minute or so it always starts working again.

It should do. Essentially modern computers (and maybe even Windows machines) should behave like this:

Processor is running & doing something processor intensive. Processor heats up because it's running a lot of calculations. Fans come on to try and cool it down. To avoid permanent damage to the processor through heat, it automatically limits how fast it runs. That's when you get apps becoming unresponsive, or a massive delay in you clicking on something and focus switching, for example. Older Windows machines may just power-off at this juncture.

It happens all too frequently with FM.

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Last time I waited for about 3 minutes and ran out of patience. The next times this happens I will just make myself a coup of tea and see what it does :)

If you come back and the fans are still running and the machine is getting hot, my advice would be to power off.

I have heard nothing but negative comments about this latest patch. Ugh.

That's because, once again, SI have managed to ship something which causes more problems than it solves.

The balance is always so fine, and there isnt a vast amount of coding time available for 10.3. Hopefully we'll tweak it right.

The more pressing matter is FM11. I'd suggest that at this point, after failing to address so many issues by the third public iteration of FM10, you should give up and start working on FM11, to retail at a lower price as a thank you for our patience.

Afraid to say I've given up with the game for now and waiting for the 10.3 patch to come out. Every single game I play, both my team (west brom) and the opposition get so many one on ones from through balls (often around 5-8) only for them to be constantly shot at the keeper or well saved. At first I persevered with it but it just makes the game so unrealistic and frustrating. Hopefully in 10.3 the number of these chances being created will be reduced and the % scored will be increased.

I gave up on 10.1 and waited for this patch, but I've had more bugs than ever. Look:

tumblr_kw1l1gKB3V1qa5daqo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1263231588&Signature=ROpku1Saqzth%2FMFub0nudHnIb1s%3D

Le sigh. I'm done with this game. I've been playing for years and it's a shame, but SI clearly can't cope with the technical side of the game. They're just not competent developers. This is yet another bug to the many, many bugs that have plagued the past few versions of the game, and which they don't seem able to solve. To have had a year for the "£90p/w" bug and say "Well we can't track it down" is utterly pathetic. Don't give up the day job chaps.

Well it's not condition as my team are better conditioned than the others. It's definitely not tactics as I'm absolutely dominating the games with ease and no threat. So obviously the AI team has the rosary beads and the pope in their dressing rooms.

What would you suggest it is?

3d pitch Sabbuteo - I was running 10.1 very well apart from the occasional crashes which were to be addressed by 10.2. I have installed 10.2 and now my 3D pitch does not work properly. The players animations are like Sabbuteo characters, their legs don't move and this is obviously an issue.

I have a powerful graphics card and as I said above, things were fine with full deatail on 10.1.

Can someone please tell me how to sort this?

Thanks.

BUMP....

I have updated all of my drivers but still the players are like Sabbuteo characters....

Any ideas SI?

Also, can i just ask while you are here. could you shed some light on why my team are having 13 long shots when ALL players are instructed not to shoot from long range? Any tips?

Long shots are a known issue I believe. There were too many long range goals in the original release. It wouldn't surprise me if instead of tweaking the frequency with which players attempt them, SI just took the lazy option and tweaked their success rate :)

• SI Staff

Long shots - less effective in 10.2 than 10.1. If you are still seeing your team take too many check their PPMs and if that doesn't explain it then it has to be tactical and you need to solve it. The tactics forums are a good place to ask for advice.

Team talks are but one of many factors that can affect things. If your team is losing leads regularly and your teamtalks are not obviously wrong then I'd point the finger at your players' professionalism, ambition, ability to handle pressure and determination. Or your tactics of course ;-)

Just wondering if there's a reason there is only ever one 'real' goalkeeper selected for Holland? While the other 2 goalkeepers are greyed out players?

I dont think its due to copyrights etc as it was working fine in patch 10.1?

Any ideas?

Just driving me up the wall as I've tried reinstalling my game, try change it in the editor etc, driving me up teh wall.

When you start a new file, Holland only have 2 real goalkeeprs selected and once they name their first squad it goes down to 1 when they announce their first squad.

Always the same vague response. It CAN'T be tactical, all players are instructed not to shoot!!! I coach a team and if I tell aplyer not to shoot from distance that does not matter which style, system or tactics I play, they DON'T shoot! I'm sorry but 'tactical and you need to solve it' is a joke.

On the team talks? My team have a very high determination, one of the first things I look for when buying. I'll have a look at other factors although my general opinion is it is flawed.

• SI Staff

The main reasons for excessive long shots are:

- instructions to shoot long

- shoots long PPM

- poor decision making

- too much creative freedom or flair for his ability

- lack of alternative options

I have had the same problem. I have downloaded the patch but it hasn't updated anything. I downloaded to my desktop and doubled clicked on it but nothing happened.

I am using windows 7. It asked what programme to run it with and tried using FM2010 but still nothing. I am a bit of a novice when it comes to computers.

Any help would be great!! :)

All hail SI, the masters of inconsistency. 10.1 was superb, with just the right balance of everything, injuries, goals, chances converted etc. No superkeepers of old - I actually thought that FM10.1 was an amazing piece of work.

And now they've gone and ruined it again. For one I didn't even ask for my game to be updated through bloody Steam. But anyway, the game has crumbled, it would seem. The superkeepers from God-knows-where are back and are dreaded more than ever before. For God's sake, if SI wanted to reduce the number of chanaces converted why didn't they just reduce the number of chances altogether rather than making the keepers superhuman? Cue the people backing the argument that it's tactics - I play an altogether quite defensive tactic with Everton, with any chance coming my way being saved amazingly by the keeper.

It's got to stop, it just has to stop!

Long shots are a known issue I believe. There were too many long range goals in the original release. It wouldn't surprise me if instead of tweaking the frequency with which players attempt them, SI just took the lazy option and tweaked their success rate :)

yep this is now my most hated 'feature' of the new patch, even more so than the dreaded 'super keeper'. First patch, long shots go fizzing in from all directions and from players withteriible shooting stats. Now even good long shot players can't hit the target to save their lives. My fabregas has 14 finishing and 14 long shots (plus excellent mental stats of course). He has taken over 40 shots in half a season (long shots set to mix) and 0 goals. Not too realistic considering his form this year eh?

On a positive note, earlier in the thread i had a winge about injuries. After now playing just over half a season (yep, real slow player me!) i can say that i am really happy with the injury frequency and length of lay off (touches wood). By carefully managing my squad and tactics i have had no problems at all with 'unrealistic' levels of injury.

Archived