The OFFICIAL patch 10.2 thread! - Can we keep all feedback in here, cheers!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Long shots are a known issue I believe. There were too many long range goals in the original release. It wouldn't surprise me if instead of tweaking the frequency with which players attempt them, SI just took the lazy option and tweaked their success rate :)

Just out of curiosity, have you done anything constructive in helping SI fix these issues or do you do nothing but throw out insults?? Since you are an expert with everything wrong with FM10 perpatov, why dont you use YOUR programming expertise and tell SI how to fix the problems?? You seem to have all the answers so with you telling SI how to fix everything, it should only be a matter of days before its fixed.

If people would do the things that SI ask, post the bug reports, upload saves and pkms, they may be able to track down problems and fix the issues. Seems it is easier to complain then try and help though

• SI Staff
How do I install this patch on a Mac? I'm really struggling so any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Download the correct patch (Boxed or eSellerate), run the .dmg file, run the .pkg file. The installer should do the rest :)

Just out of curiosity, have you done anything constructive in helping SI fix these issues or do you do nothing but throw out insults?? Since you are an expert with everything wrong with FM10 perpatov, why dont you use YOUR programming expertise and tell SI how to fix the problems?? You seem to have all the answers so with you telling SI how to fix everything, it should only be a matter of days before its fixed.

If people would do the things that SI ask, post the bug reports, upload saves and pkms, they may be able to track down problems and fix the issues. Seems it is easier to complain then try and help though

To be honest it's more people like you who accept a game littered with bugs that remain unfixed for years of the game and then when any criticism is made jump to the defence of SI. SI are the ones with the knowledge and know how to fix issues people have with the game and this is the place to suggest areas where it can be improved, not everyone will agree as everyone's idea of perfect football varies never mind how it should be brought about in a game. So why not get off people's backs who are making suggestions to improve the game and then perhaps explain why you disagree with their view? Seems like it would help a lot more

Sorry if this has been asked all ready but will there be better newgens coming through in my 10.1 save game after I update? Or do I have to start a new game for it to take effect?

It'll kick in during the next intake IIRC on the same save. So existing newgens are 10.1 but any newly generated negens will be 10.2.

• Administrators
Still no updates...

Sheeshy for your issue, completely uninstall the game again, then try creating a new user account on your operating system. When this is complete, go into your 'new' user account and install the game. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Having read the numerous reviews on the pros and cons of patch 10.2 I took the plunge and installed it. From what I have experienced the game tends to run slower and crashes a lot more than previously (re the crashes is it of any assistance to SI to take a sccreen dump of the error?).

Other than the above I don't have any other complaints re the patch as I can sympathise that it is an impossible task attempting to satisfy everyone.

Whilst I am typing away, is there an easier way to get to your tactics than clicking on the tab on the match engine screen? I'd have thought there would be a tab at the top along with the stats, info etc that would take you straight to tactics.

Does anyone else have a 'problem' with scouting information fpr internationals pre game. I have managed two international teams and with my second team I still get reports from my scout from the previous team (for my current team though!). This appears to be an issue that has continued on from FM2009.

• Administrators
Having read the numerous reviews on the pros and cons of patch 10.2 I took the plunge and installed it. From what I have experienced the game tends to run slower and crashes a lot more than previously (re the crashes is it of any assistance to SI to take a sccreen dump of the error?).

Other than the above I don't have any other complaints re the patch as I can sympathise that it is an impossible task attempting to satisfy everyone.

Whilst I am typing away, is there an easier way to get to your tactics than clicking on the tab on the match engine screen? I'd have thought there would be a tab at the top along with the stats, info etc that would take you straight to tactics.

Does anyone else have a 'problem' with scouting information fpr internationals pre game. I have managed two international teams and with my second team I still get reports from my scout from the previous team (for my current team though!). This appears to be an issue that has continued on from FM2009.

Yeah if you can get a crash that reproduces then we'd most definitely like to see it. If it's only crashing during matches we suggest updating your graphics card drivers as suggested in the FAQ.

As for the international issue we are aware of it, however if you have a save before you take the second national job, if you could upload it to our FTP so we could take a look it would be appreciated so we can recreate this internally and get a fix for it. Thanks.

Yeah if you can get a crash that reproduces then we'd most definitely like to see it. If it's only crashing during matches we suggest updating your graphics card drivers as suggested in the FAQ.

As for the international issue we are aware of it, however if you have a save before you take the second national job, if you could upload it to our FTP so we could take a look it would be appreciated so we can recreate this internally and get a fix for it. Thanks.

Where's best to forward the screen dumps to? More often than not it crashes out of the games so I've had to resport to saving more often as I lost a very satisfying win over Man U!

I've have a look through my saves. Would you like 09 and 10 if possible?

Is it possible to have the team/tactics tab visible all the time?

I have a little problem with the patch!

I'm running FM10 via Steam and it obviously installed the 10.2.0 patch but now it looks as if i still have an "older" database!

For example, Rosicky is out for between 11 months and 12 months for a torn hamstring, Eduardo is also out for between 6 months and 7 months. Fabregas, Diaby, Senderos are also all injured but Nasri is fine even though he is the one that is supposed to be injured at the beginning of the season!

And yes i am choosing the right database at the beginning of the game, the patch.

Also, i have absolutely no fixtures/matches whatsoever even though i chose all the nations and a club to manage (Arsenal, as you guessed). The only games that are actually taking place are internationals as i can see my players getting called-up.

I did not have any trouble on my old Vista-equipped laptop.

I am now running the game on Windows 7 64bit, in case it matters.

Any help would be highly appreciated, guys. Thanks.

Sheeshy for your issue, completely uninstall the game again, then try creating a new user account on your operating system. When this is complete, go into your 'new' user account and install the game. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Thanks for the reply, but installing the game on a new user account still gives the black screen of death

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sheeshkebab/102patch.jpg

i had my first game vs a 'superkeeper' the other night

im arsenal playing villa, and the game tells me that friedel hasnt conceeded in 288 mins

so i know whats coming lol

villa go 2 0 up from headed goals, fair enough....i manage to pull it back to 2-2 at the end of the game but during the game i was going mad

i had 13 shots on target to villas 2 and 6 clear cut chances to villas 0

i know u miss 1 on 1s sometimes but 6 times? arshavin went through directly 1 on 1 twice and missed, bendtner had an almost open goal...missed. theo walcott had 1 or 2 easy chances too

the ancient martin palermo had to save me

i guess it's 'realistic' but to me, si need to make the 3d engine show accurately what the chance is like, becase the 1 on 1s were all at perfect angles to score from with the player in control of the ball

Has there been an additional patch and or update to the 10.2 patch? I ask because I seem to remember someone posting a link to one a week or two before Christmas. I've spent some little time searching but to no avail. Kind regards.
Next patch will be after the transfer window closes.

Don't know if this has been mentioned already - i'm using patch 10.2 - got news item saying Sunderland had offered my first team coach a contract. So I went to offer him a new contract and he's already signed for Sunderland. I then notice that I have more news item unread, one of which informing me that my coach had agreed to sign with Sunderland. Basically, the problem is that I didn't get a chance to renew his contract. Why isn't this classed as a news item that lets you deal with it straight away, to avoid the problem above? i don't remember this being a problem on 09' - and had a 20+ season save on that version.

Forgive me for being pedantic, ref previous replies, but I am sure that there was a link to a patch/update entitled 10.2.01. The reason that I remember it is that it had the effect of removing from the game a player called Willy Topp. He is/was of Chilean nationality and was a fairly prolific goalscorer. He played in England for either a Championship or League One team.

After installing this patch/update Topp was no longer in the game. I suffered a black screen and a blue screen and had to reinstall Windows 7. Now , Topp is back in the game and I am using the 10.2 patch. Please, can a "mod" and or an SI agent put me out of my misery? I have just spent over three hours seaching all over for this link to the "ghost" patch/update.

When trying to install Patch 10.2 I get an error 0x000004C8: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open. I think it refers to a DLL file being locked or still in use by the game, but don't know how to get around it...

When trying to install Patch 10.2 I get an error 0x000004C8: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open. I think it refers to a DLL file being locked or still in use by the game, but don't know how to get around it...
Reboot your machine then install the patch before starting anything else.

Forgive me for being pedantic, ref previous replies, but I am sure that there was a link to a patch/update entitled 10.2.01. The reason that I remember it is that it had the effect of removing from the game a player called Willy Topp. He is/was of Chilean nationality and was a fairly prolific goalscorer. He played in England for either a Championship or League One team.
I think 10.2.01 is a figment of your imagination to be honest!

Reboot your machine then install the patch before starting anything else.

Tried it, same thing. I have a separate partition on my HDD, I installed the game in D:\Football Manager 2010. I'll try the default installation next...

Tried 3 more times, the error message started affecting different files every time. However, the 4th time it worked like a charm. So I downloaded Process Explorer and apparently, some programs in the system tray use the same DLL's that the game relies on. So if a background program decides to run a DLL that FM10 uses, when you run it, the patch will think some of the game files are in use by the DLL.

i too have the same problem sheeshy

i have installed and tested the game fine without any patches the match engine 3d view is fine

i run the patch and it goes black just like yours

i have deleted the cache re ran and still the same

i even tried uninstalling and clearing all registry entries, rebooting my machine, installing and updating with 10.2 before running the game, still the same black screen

i have the latest drivers and it worked fine before the patch

any ideas???????????

I think 10.2.01 is a figment of your imagination to be honest!

deepblue, thanks for your reply. I have spent around a total of 5-6 hours this week in trying to fond the required link. After all this time searching, I'm beginning to agree. Ah! well, at my age, it is called a "senior moment". Kind regards.

To be honest it's more people like you who accept a game littered with bugs that remain unfixed for years of the game and then when any criticism is made jump to the defence of SI. SI are the ones with the knowledge and know how to fix issues people have with the game and this is the place to suggest areas where it can be improved, not everyone will agree as everyone's idea of perfect football varies never mind how it should be brought about in a game. So why not get off people's backs who are making suggestions to improve the game and then perhaps explain why you disagree with their view? Seems like it would help a lot more

I have no problem with people who have issues with the game that make constructive feedback. Those who come on the boards and do nothing but throw insults at SI, as did the poster I was referring to, do not help anything. If the poster would have listed his ideas on what needed to be fixed instead of saying SI took the lazy way to do something or telling the programmers not to give up their day jobs and insinuating they dont know how to program, how is that gving suggestions to make the game better??

Because I dont agree with those who do nothing but complain and whine and make personal attackts on SI does not mean I accept "the bugs that remain unfixed for years", it means I do it the way it should be done. I have sent in bug reports and saved games and pkm files. At least I make the effort to try and help. So before you make a comment about getting off of people's back who are making suggestions, maybe you should make sure they actually make a suggestion and that they are not just throwing around insults. What you call criticism, is just plain insults, dont make it sound like the orignal poster was trying to be helpful because if you would go back and look at what he has written, you will see that is not the case.

Breakthrough!!

If I load a game that was originally saved with 10.0 or 10.1, I can play using the 3d match engine on 10.2!

Also, if a game was started on 10.0 or 10.1 and is saved on 10.2 and either continued or reloaded, it works fine.

However, starting a fresh game on 10.2 still gives a blank screen at the start of the match

Also, this fails in full screen mode and windowed mode. Further details in earlier posts.

exactly my problem and no answer yet :(

Anybody else having problems with scoring 1 on 1s on 10.2?

Try getting your forwards to come onto the goalie at an angle, and if you're playing a high tempo game ease it down a notch or two on the slides. Henry became a monster on the 1v1s after I turned down the notches (and I was already playing a wing based game).

Ok i found that when I use tac with no wings, with much or less pressing, with high or deep defline, there are always about 70-80% of shot att. being a long shot att. I'ts just waste of time. Playing with Juve against Genoa, have created 23 shots/20 longshots, and score non of them. This makes me nuts. the 4-1-2-1-2 just doesn't work. The enemy defence is unbreakable, and the few 1on1 chances are saved by the keeper.! Yes, the SuperKeeper problem still persist. Can you just limit the number of goalscoring chances instead of the number of saved goalscoring chances!?!? This will save playing time when using "key highlights" ,sorry for my bad english ..

I too have come across these super keepers and unfortunately its not just once! At the start of the season the opposition keeper was MOM in 5 out of 6 games! I play 3 up front which is usually a combination of Saha, Cahill, Jo and maybe Vaughan and we probably average around 6 CCC a game and the opposition may average around 1 I guess but that is normally from around 3 shots compared to my 20ish (no-one on long shots!). What annoys me is how their striker who is crap (finishing 13, comp 6) can score his 1 on 1 yet my strikers put all of them straight at the keeper and for the most part their stats are much better (especially mentally!). On one occasion Cahill was through, smacked it straight at the keeper, rebounded to Saha (6 yards out) who hit it straight back at the keeper (who was more or less straight right of him) of whom it rebounded off and went into the bottom corner! It was pretty comical that a world class striker (who admittantly isnt as good as he should be on this game) manages to more or less shank the ball for a regulation tap in!

I just about managed to scrape wins (normally 2-1 which one is normally an edge of box shot) and just as I was about pushed to breaking point Yakubu returns to fitness and is scoring for fun (8 in 5 games) yet his stats are marginally better than my other strikers (Cahill and Jo). Even his positional/role rating using prozone's tool(?) is worse than them as well.

IMO if you watch a real life game of footy more goals are scored than the CCC they create (except maybe Arsenal). I dont expect to batter teams every game, and it wouldnt be enjoyable if I did. However, if I consistently create lots of great chances I expect world class finishers to put them away. Yes they may have bad games where it doesnt happen and thats fine, its realistic, but to miss chance after chance, game after game isnt.

only seems to be a handful this black screen is happening with, the majority seem ok! very confused

The majority seem to have issues that can be resolved with a few tactical tweaks, as opposed to actual technical faults

Archived