FM10 Quotes From The Boot Room

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes you destroyed the life of a young footballer by taking away two weeks wages then releasing him. You peed him off rather than the other way around. :D

He deserved it!

Hahahaha!

Hey, if I were playing under a manager who turned a Championship side into the Champions of Europe in 4 seasons, I wouldn't be in any mood to **** him off!

I worry we're getting a bit off topic, so I'll just say this as fun as this tangent is, I wouldn't care who the manager is if he just cost me two weeks wages then released me altogether!

REVENGE!!!

Anyhow, after a calm cool and casual 2-0 win over Liverpool Giggs thinks is exactly what I should be saying to my players:

Despite the result your performance was dissapointing

Way to go Giggsy!

My personal favorite of his "suggestions" for team talk is:

For the fans

Except every single player has their own personal:

Expect a performance from you today

What would the players think?

"Ok lads, we are at half time, 2-0 up in the CL quarter final, don't get careless"

45 minutes 30 seconds. Mascherano gets a yellow card for a trip from behind

45 minutes 55 seconds. Mascherano gets a yellow for pulling someone's shirt and gives away a penalty.

"Mascherano feels like he has been harshly dealt with after his 2 week fine"

"The fans are disappointed with our 2-3 loss against Barcelona at the Nou Camp, they feel that Krgiakos should have played instead of Carragher."

What, no mention of Mascher's 25 second sending off then? It's all Carras fault we lost?

"Ok lads, we are at half time, 2-0 up in the CL quarter final, don't get careless"

45 minutes 30 seconds. Mascherano gets a yellow card for a trip from behind

45 minutes 55 seconds. Mascherano gets a yellow for pulling someone's shirt and gives away a penalty.

"Mascherano feels like he has been harshly dealt with after his 2 week fine"

"The fans are disappointed with our 2-3 loss against Barcelona at the Nou Camp, they feel that Krgiakos should have played instead of Carragher."

What, no mention of Mascher's 25 second sending off then? It's all Carras fault we lost?

Hahahaha!

Wow! Good effort!

Torres scored and Gerrard scored, so I think the fans were happy at this point with them.

Just started a new game with Crewe, my fans are disappointed that Miller and Schumacher have left. Now that would be fair enough if Miller hadn't come to me and said "Boss, I don't like this town, it's full of, well, weird people. I want to go somewhere else and be more cosmopolitan. Can you get me on the transfer list?"

His choice of clubs when he goes? York.

"You're unhappy I didn't win the league, huh? You're unhappy about me not attracting good players to the club, are you? Well, how the dress-ties am I meant to attract good players and win the league? We were 20k over the wage budget when I arrived. You refuse to release any players, saying we can't afford the compensation, and you give me no extra money in the wage budget! What the blazes am I meant to do?"

"Fans Dissappointed with defeat to Barcalona"

Ok yes we lost 1-0 at home. But for gods sake we lost 7-2 to them last year at the Nou Camp, we competed well and the wood work was the differance on so many occassions. Doesnt this show some signs of improvement. Any Scottish team competeing with Barca has to show some sort of positives.

"What do you mean we struggle against teams with who play a normal defencive line? What do you mean we struggle against teams with who play normal tempo? What do you mean we struggle against teams with who play with normal width? Lets face it, we normally struggle!"

If there's a new way...

I'll be the first in line...

But it better work this time.

Isn't this the missing verse from Megadeth's "Peace Sells... but who's buying?"

"What do you mean we struggle against teams with who play a normal defencive line? What do you mean we struggle against teams with who play normal tempo? What do you mean we struggle against teams with who play with normal width? Lets face it, we normally struggle!"

Very good :D

"Neville angry at being replaced as Man Utd captain"

Neville you don't even get a spot on the bench and you obviously can't be captain from the stands, keep the band if it makes you feel better.

Exact same thing happened to me with a 35 year old Stevie G,i must of laughed for days

There is a difference between club captain and team captain though. You can be the club captain and 'ambassador' as such, but you're in your mid to late 30s. So you don't play and someone else takes your place on the pitch. But YOU are still club captain and the players respect you in that way.

Yes it's funny but understandable in the cases of Neville and Stevie in my opinion.

*adebayor runs through on goal against his former club, takes it around the keeper, GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLL*

"c'mon ade, lets see a big celebration, C'MON. Is that it? ******"

*fined 2 weeks wages*

If that's all he got he got off easy. :D

There is a difference between club captain and team captain though. You can be the club captain and 'ambassador' as such, but you're in your mid to late 30s. So you don't play and someone else takes your place on the pitch. But YOU are still club captain and the players respect you in that way.

Yes it's funny but understandable in the cases of Neville and Stevie in my opinion.

I agree, Its like Ledley King. He is still the Tottenham Captain although Keane has taken the armband onfield regardless if King is in the side or not.

On the otherhand you can not replicate this in the game unless you just leave them captain and just let your vice captain be the one you want as onfield captain.

I agree, Its like Ledley King. He is still the Tottenham Captain although Keane has taken the armband onfield regardless if King is in the side or not.

On the otherhand you can not replicate this in the game unless you just leave them captain and just let your vice captain be the one you want as onfield captain.

True. The option of club captain as opposed to team captain might be good in future versions.

Arsenal Second Season, Start of Campaign

Current Captain:Cesc Fabregas, Asst. Captain:William Gallas

Select your team captains for the season.

William Gallas does not want to be considered as the arm band holder.

So i selected Cesc Fabregas and Thomas Rosicky as my arm band holder.

William Gallas was utterly dissapointed that he is not an arm band holder and wants to be transfer listed. He feels he is not appreciated by the Manager.

Next Day, he is sold for 3 millions to Portsmouth.

Arsenal Second Season, Start of Campaign

Current Captain:Cesc Fabregas, Asst. Captain:William Gallas

Select your team captains for the season.

William Gallas does not want to be considered as the arm band holder.

So i selected Cesc Fabregas and Thomas Rosicky as my arm band holder.

William Gallas was utterly dissapointed that he is not an arm band holder and wants to be transfer listed. He feels he is not appreciated by the Manager.

Next Day, he is sold for 3 millions to Portsmouth.

lol Fantastic.

John Morling thinks that Paris Cowan-Hall's ability doesn't reflect his lucrative salary that could be spent elsewhere on the squad

His ability might not, but his 25 goals in 32 games does.

Fans are upset about a 1-0 loss to Everton in the FA Cup.

We're in League 1, Everton are in the Premier League and we only had 1 fit eligible striker who's always been a little goal shy.

Season 3: Pre-Season

Central defender Branislav Ivanovic wants a new challenge!

- You are not getting sold now. I'll let you go at the end of the season, thats a promise.

Ivanovic unhappy, not what he wanted to hear. Transfer request!

- I take it you are gonna throw your toys around all year if i don't, Granted.

- Transfer listed, Offered to clubs, set squad status to not needed.

Central defender Branislav Ivanovic determined to prove his worth to the team.

- For the sake of my blood pressure make a decision and stick to it. Rot in the reserves for all i care, I've already acquired your replacement. You will never play for me again!

"Fans are disappointed with the 2-2 draw with AGOVV"

OK, however I've just taken over the side in December, I have ONE goalkeeper in the entire team, ONE right sided player in the entire team, the Under-19's are basically half of my first team and they're not actually any good, I'm £13k over my wage budget and the players are too crap to get rid effectively...

In my Milan save where i have worldwide rep and have won everything in 2 years i get this:

The fans are upset by the releasing of Matteo Bruscagin.Matteo the whoo?You mean that defender that doesnt have a stat higher then 9??WTF is wrong with you idiot fans.

And also Thiago Silva with continental rep is struggling to be motivated to play for me.Really?I thought that after wining the treble two years in a row i would gain just a little respect from you but no.OK im just going to continue trying.

Thiago Silva was sold for 25 mil to Real Madrid 2 days later.

"Ass Man notes that we are overawed by teams with a higher reputation."

That's OK! We still have the lower reputation clubs and those that have the same rep as us...

One item further:

"Ass Man notes that we are overcomplacent against teams with a lower reputation."

Ah crap! You mean we **** our pants against better teams and let the lower rep teams have their way because we think we're too good to kick a ball around?

Season 1. Late September.

So Steve how is Big Tim Howard doing?

He says that he is enjoying life at the club with no plans for the future

Oh by the way Steve, Bayern Munich came knocking for him but I told them no, just him let know.

Boss I told him and its bad news he is now saying he feels he has achieved all he can at the club and feels he needs a fresh challange.

So, as manager of the a rampant Derby County side, unbeaten in Premier League in more than 60 matches I have a look at my second favorite side in England. Burton Albion and see they are 5 points clear of safety (in march). I think, it may be nice to give them a confidence boost, and what better than the manager of the Champions of England, Europe and the World saying that under their current boss they can and will survive.

Well, I go to speak to their manager, one Nicky Ardley.

I then hear that he has a poor opinion of me?!

What the hell did I do to him?!

Oh well, bugger 'em!

Burton to go down in flames!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now former Derby captain, playing at least 20+ matches a season has left Derby for Manchester United to "get more first team football."

Congrats Miles, you've had a whole 6 matches, 5 of them sub appearances since leaving and you're 4th choice in midfield behind Gosling, Rodwell and Fletcher!

"Fans think playerA should of been played instead of playerB"

Ok but playerA is in AnE at the minute, if you want to go over there and go agenst qualified doctors and tell him he can run off his broken leg the wuss, or i can play him in a wheelchair if you really want me to.

"Joop, I understand that you'd like to work under me as a First Team Coach, and both myself and the club are honestly flattered by your weekly media love-in regarding your urges, that said, I must ask you to consider this minor detail before making any more statements to the media"

*pause*

".... you've been announcing this for 2 years and cannot have failed to notice that you are still not employed at Liverpool Football Club"

So wait...

Their dangerman is a 19 year old that wouldn't make our reserves?

Ha... Simple!

Media: "Ricardo (not his real name) is considered a possible threat in the upcoming match, what are your thoughts on this?"

Jim (me): "I have no worries what so ever!"

Ricardo: *bags a hattrick!*

facepalm.jpg

So wait...

Their dangerman is a 19 year old that wouldn't make our reserves?

Ha... Simple!

Media: "Ricardo (not his real name) is considered a possible thread in the upcoming match, what is your thoughts on this?"

Jim (me): "I have no worries what so ever!"

Ricardo: *bags a hattrick!*

Never, Never slag off the opposition :thup:

'Steve Rowley feels Fernando Torres would really add something to the team'

Care to tell me why the hell I bother paying you to come up with this stuff?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'X has noticed that West Ham played an attacking 4-4-2 in their last game against Arsenal'

Well, i thought it was some kind of 6-2-2, so one of us needs an eye test

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Pat Rice feels that Eboue has something to offer the club and deserves a new contract'

This is the same Eboue you told me to put on the transfer list last week right?

'Steve Rowley feels Fernando Torres would really add something to the team'

Care to tell me why the hell I bother paying you to come up with this stuff?

'X has noticed that West Ham played an attacking 4-4-2 in their last game against Arsenal'

Well, i thought it was some kind of 6-2-2, so one of us needs an eye test

'Pat Rice feels that Eboue has something to offer the club and deserves a new contract'

This is the same Eboue you told me to put on the transfer list last week right?

Hahahahaha!!!

Simply the best!

"Hi boss, problem in the media. Mamadou Seck thinks his fine was harsh. Reckons he is going to put in a transfer request"

"Let me get this straight, I have been a manager of this club for 4 games now, in 3 of those games I have had a red card, two of which were from him, his latest one for a two footed lunge practically at someone's head and he was sent off after 15 minutes. The guy is a psycho."

"Yeah boss, well, he isn't happy."

"Can you do me a favour in training? Tell him that he shouldn't dive into tackles any more."

The next day:

"Well, what did he say?"

"Something about your mum, here is his transfer request."

"I guess that's a no, then?"

"Hi boss, problem in the media. Mamadou Seck thinks his fine was harsh. Reckons he is going to put in a transfer request"

"Let me get this straight, I have been a manager of this club for 4 games now, in 3 of those games I have had a red card, two of which were from him, his latest one for a two footed lunge practically at someone's head and he was sent off after 15 minutes. The guy is a psycho."

"Yeah boss, well, he isn't happy."

"Can you do me a favour in training? Tell him that he shouldn't dive into tackles any more."

The next day:

"Well, what did he say?"

"Something about your mum, here is his transfer request."

"I guess that's a no, then?"

Ha. Something I'm gathering from this thread is that players don't generally have a very high IQ.

Second season after 10 games, 4 wins 3 draws 3 losses as Blackburn.... Chimbonda came just told the media, Blackburn is under achieving, and he thinks "THE CLUB SHOULD BE TOPPING THE TABLE"

Nice ambitions there lad, but achieving UEFA qualification in the first season with a zero budget, doesnt mean I set myself a target of getting the title in the second... i am not that a genius manager.

Chinbonda have a ambition rating of 30?

"Martin Galvan is unhappy about his lack of first team football, I suggest involving him in more first team duties blah blah blah"

"Ok Mr Tassotti, you can go tell Martin, that considering when I offered him his contract, there was a small stipulation, I think its called "Squad Status" or something minor like that, in there saying "Hot Prospect For the Future", that may well mean he will only play 10 games a season until I believe he is ready to come in and play instead of a certain player in the same position that goes by the name of Rafael Van der Vaart that has scored 40 goals and had over 40 assists in the last 2 years. Come back to me next week with his response, or don't do that and just tell me that he's still unhappy, it's entirely up to you Mauro"

i think we bought the same players for Milan :p

except that i actually played Galvan.

he has like 20+ appearances, as a substitute

and Nesta has just given grief for making him a squad rotation player and saying that i don't appreciate his contributions to the squad despite him being 38 yo and pass it.

"Look here Mr. I-am-important-to-the team if i don't appreciate your contributions, you would have been made a backup to the first team and sent to the reserves."

Archived