Official Football Manager 2010 FEEDBACK Thread

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing Barca B and its still crap, playing youth teams. Players from the first team won't set available for the second team and every team register you have to set the tactics again. Even if you save & load tactics it won't help.

The scouts always compare the scouted player with one of your best players, even for potentiality. But i want to know what his potentiality is -overall-

Also if you manage Barca B you can't go easily to Barcelona A team screen or the Barcelona -19, you have to go to the satellite clubs or search for Barcelona.

Anyway i think i will stop managing Barca B in this FM again and start with a normal team.

Well, I got home from work this evening to find Football Manager 2010 sitting on my coffee table - imagine my delight! :D

So after playing for a few hours I figured I write my first inital impressions...

--------------------------------------

My System Specs

Dell Latitude D830 Laptop

Intel Core2 Duo T9500 @ 2.6Ghz

4Gb RAM

Nvidia Quadro NVS 140 512mb Graphics card

Running native resolution at 1900x1440

I played the strawberry demo and found it to be fast, however, I'm a software test engineer and so naturally I was skeptical that this would reflect the true speed of a full game, complete with a large database and several leagues running so I started a new game with all English leagues, Top Italian and Top Spanish leagues as well. I set the database size to large and then picked my usual start team....Bath City.

All I can say is WOW! :eek: The improvements made in both the game engine and the match engine are impressive to say the least. My laptop tended to chug along with FM09 and the match engine would stutter quite a bit, with 2010 there is none of that.

I love the new player animations, they are smooth and precise. You can really see what the player is doing rather that it being just a few pixels on the display. I saw a player fouled this evening and he went down hard (I'm sure he landed on his face :( )

I'm still not sold on the skins that SI have provided and I'm leaning towards the darker of the two as it doesn't hurt my eyes as much after a few hours of playing. :D So you modders better get some decent skins out for us!

I am a little disappointed with the screen flow, I set it up to display the league table every fortnight and as yet not actually seen it! I would also have liked to been able to view my finance screen every week instead of having to manually go there, but that didn't appear to be one of the screens I could set up.

I had one bug appear and that was the screen at the end of a match that tells you which was the weakest player/strongest/MoM etc.. apparently the strongest player in my team scored a goal, which would be great...except he didn't.....oh well....

So far I've played 5 friendlies and 3 competitive (W2 L1), so I'm only at the start but looking forward to getting home tommorow and continuing.

All in all, I'm really impressed. I love the new tactics screens. It seems much easier to set the tactics you want and the players ACTUALLY follow it! Whereas FM09 I found it quite difficult getting the players to play the way I wanted them to.

Well done SI, I was disappointed with FM09 but you've really set the benchmark now for future versions.

Premier2k

Yeah this is a nice review , I agree with the white skin it can damage human eyes and , its good to advise people with that problem to switch to Dark Skin which is the answer to that damage eye issue.

Scientific evidence?

Or just making a point? :p

its not a fact or saying it will completely fix the issue if your eyes are hurting or its to bright because of the brightness of the light skin. I'm saying that using the dark skin will be a good option if you want something less bright.

Yeah, there's just something not right about the light one. I prefer a green skin with gold writing, I had one for FM09 but can't for the life of me remember what it was called. Klasa maybe?

Was nice on the eyes and easy to see all the text.

I've holidayed 3 seasons in and the regen situation looks rather poor to be honest, I picked out a few of the better looking players after filtering for different positions (ST, finishing & composure >10 etc.) then looked at them a season later and there wasn't much improvement.

Admittedly it was still early days as most of them were only 18 and I just did a quick search through the top nations U21's and U18s and as I said earlier did a filter for the rest but I would still have hoped to have seen some at least beginning to look like first team players but that wasn't the case.

I know most of you will come back and say 3 seasons isn't long enough to make an objective opinion about it but I disagree. In 3 seasons there should have been at least 1 regen to come through and start to look like they will turn into a good player.

On a side note a weird situation has appeared where both Wenger and Benitez have resigned from there managerial positions to take up the France and Spain Jobs respectively.

EDIT: I noticed when holidaying that I wasn't able to access the player search screen when I was out of a job. Is this the case for all previous FM's as i've never holidayed before? If so I think thats quite a stupid thing to do as the player might still want to look at a player while they aren't managing.

Also I believe it was mentioned during the time of the demos release that there were alot of red cards. The last season I looked at there were indeed an awful look of red cards, the team with the most had 8 then about 3/4 of the rest of the league had between 7 and 3. Surely this is more than RL?

Well, I got home from work this evening to find Football Manager 2010 sitting on my coffee table - imagine my delight! :D

So after playing for a few hours I figured I write my first inital impressions...

My System Specs

Dell Latitude D830 Laptop

Intel Core2 Duo T9500 @ 2.6Ghz

4Gb RAM

Nvidia Quadro NVS 140 512mb Graphics card

Running native resolution at 1900x1440

I played the strawberry demo and found it to be fast, however, I'm a software test engineer and so naturally I was skeptical that this would reflect the true speed of a full game, complete with a large database and several leagues running so I started a new game with all English leagues, Top Italian and Top Spanish leagues as well. I set the database size to large and then picked my usual start team....Bath City.

All I can say is WOW! :eek: The improvements made in both the game engine and the match engine are impressive to say the least. My laptop tended to chug along with FM09 and the match engine would stutter quite a bit, with 2010 there is none of that.

I love the new player animations, they are smooth and precise. You can really see what the player is doing rather that it being just a few pixels on the display. I saw a player fouled this evening and he went down hard (I'm sure he landed on his face :( )

I'm still not sold on the skins that SI have provided and I'm leaning towards the darker of the two as it doesn't hurt my eyes as much after a few hours of playing. :D So you modders better get some decent skins out for us!

I am a little disappointed with the screen flow, I set it up to display the league table every fortnight and as yet not actually seen it! I would also have liked to been able to view my finance screen every week instead of having to manually go there, but that didn't appear to be one of the screens I could set up.

I had one bug appear and that was the screen at the end of a match that tells you which was the weakest player/strongest/MoM etc.. apparently the strongest player in my team scored a goal, which would be great...except he didn't.....oh well....

So far I've played 5 friendlies and 3 competitive (W2 L1), so I'm only at the start but looking forward to getting home tommorow and continuing.

All in all, I'm really impressed. I love the new tactics screens. It seems much easier to set the tactics you want and the players ACTUALLY follow it! Whereas FM09 I found it quite difficult getting the players to play the way I wanted them to.

Well done SI, I was disappointed with FM09 but you've really set the benchmark now for future versions.

Premier2k

Nice review - you'll forgive me for having to merge this with the official review thread.

I am very impressed with FM2010, the last FM I played for a long period of time was FM2007. I bought FM2008 but the game didn't feel as good as FM2007 to me for whatever reason. I didn't get 2009 because I was still happy with 2007 but this year I finally decided to finish my FM2007 stint and get 2010.

Recieved the game today and from first impressions it is a world apart from 2007. 2007 was great but the amount of new stuff on 2010 compared to what I have been used to is MASSIVE! I love the press conferences and the 3D match is nice. For me personally I don't suffer any jerkyness in the 3D match whatsoever, I don't know if the jerkyness is there for a lot of people or if it's just present for a few people but for me it's non existant. I have a Geforce 8800GTS card and that isn't exactly new so if it works perfectly on that then i'm sure the people with the 9 series cards and above have no problems either.

I scored a lovely volley in the bottom corner from 10 yards for my first ever goal on FM2010

So all in all, my opinion is that you guys who are going to get the full game on Friday... You will not be disapointed. Well done Si *bows down*

*repost from Wednesday*

Just a quick note to the people previously getting annoyed at the 'early' creation of this thread- It was made 2 hours before the day of release in New Zealand, and a mere 4 hours here in Australia.

Now, two hours is hardly a devastating early start to an official thread is it? This game is worldwide, and some people seem to lose scope sometimes, the world DOES NOT revolve around your suburb/city/nation.

Got to hand it to you - this is the best so far, and yes you needed to deliver.

Better looking game, a lot quicker and easy to use. I installed it without using the steam and think that running the game with the DVD still in the drive is better as I have had no problems.

I like the new features in it, but would like to be able to build on the relationship with the assistant manager more, i.e. when I take on a new job he comes with me.

A bit like Sven / Grip, Glenn Hoddle / John Gorman if you know what I mean.

Nice one.

Archived