[Released] Steklo X

TomDixon77

Hello mate. It's an incredible skin, but could you please put back the logos of the teams in header. I want this, because now I have KITS on match screen, so it will be nice that in match screen in header to have logos. Now it looks a little bit strange.

Check the screenshot!

matchscreen.th.jpg

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello mate. It's an incredible skin, but could you please put back the logos of the teams in header. I want this, because now I have KITS on match screen, so it will be nice that in match screen in header to have logos. Now it looks a little bit strange.

Check the screenshot!

matchscreen.th.jpg

They'd have to be really small so they'd avoid clashing with the tabs, so I probably won't be doing that.

I need some info (problem?) regarding background screen.

Sometimes I've got the "dark champions league" image and sometimes (when navigating, I mean) I've got a blank grey image. Is it normal?

You've got background images switched on in your preferences. Until the fix is released by SI, switch them off.

They'd have to be really small so they'd avoid clashing with the tabs, so I probably won't be doing that.

Thank you for your reply and I understand perfect what are you saying. I will play like this, without the logos, because it looks amazing.

Thanks again!

BR,

Andrei

Always liked your skins CaptainFerret, but wondering if I am doing anything wrong in that I find it difficult to read some of the information on the game screen whilst playing.

I can't read the sub's names when I go to the tactics screen during a match as there seems to be a clash of colours against text and background colour.....

tacticsscreen.th.png

I have the same problem in looking at the vital stats of any player that pops up in my news screen (bottom right hand corner)....

newsscreen.th.png

One more question....I have downloaded your skin in to a folder I created called 'skins' in the data file on, but now when I am playing the game I don't have the option to have any other skin other than the Steklo one, i.e. can't get back to the default SI skins when I go on Preferences>Display and Sound. The dropdown menu under the skins only shows your skin.

If I were to remove that skin sub-folder in my data, is it likely to screw the game up or just return back to the default skins??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Always liked your skins CaptainFerret, but wondering if I am doing anything wrong in that I find it difficult to read some of the information on the game screen whilst playing.

I can't read the sub's names when I go to the tactics screen during a match as there seems to be a clash of colours against text and background colour.....

tacticsscreen.th.png

I have the same problem in looking at the vital stats of any player that pops up in my news screen (bottom right hand corner)....

newsscreen.th.png

One more question....I have downloaded your skin in to a folder I created called 'skins' in the data file on, but now when I am playing the game I don't have the option to have any other skin other than the Steklo one, i.e. can't get back to the default SI skins when I go on Preferences>Display and Sound. The dropdown menu under the skins only shows your skin.

If I were to remove that skin sub-folder in my data, is it likely to screw the game up or just return back to the default skins??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you been playing with text colours anywhere? It looks like your darkened text setting is a bit too close to the colour of the background box.

Have you followed the instructions in the sticky thread at the top of this forum? If you've put the folder into the program files tree, then you've done it wrong.

I don't get where this idea that SI have "chosen" to make background images broken has come from...

SI said in the run up to FM2010 that the default skins would not have backgrounds enabled, but that it would be easy for skinners to turn them on. What we have in the game now is a bug whereby the background images simply doesn't work, through no malicious action by SI, and my guess is it'll be fixed in the next patch.

Seriously, if SI were gonna remove it completely, they wouldn't have left the "display background images" checkbox in the preferences menu:thup:

I don't get where this idea that SI have "chosen" to make background images broken has come from...

SI said in the run up to FM2010 that the default skins would not have backgrounds enabled, but that it would be easy for skinners to turn them on. What we have in the game now is a bug whereby the background images simply doesn't work, through no malicious action by SI, and my guess is it'll be fixed in the next patch.

Seriously, if SI were gonna remove it completely, they wouldn't have left the "display background images" checkbox in the preferences menu:thup:

Ah, I see. My bad then since I thought that they just decided so.

I should have guessed it was a bug though, since there was never a problem before with background images on custom skins.

Have you been playing with text colours anywhere? It looks like your darkened text setting is a bit too close to the colour of the background box.

Have you followed the instructions in the sticky thread at the top of this forum? If you've put the folder into the program files tree, then you've done it wrong.

Nice one, thanks. The mistake I made was putting it in the program files, went back and read the guide thread and inserted the skin as it said (teach me to read instructions properly next time!! :D ).

I also went back to your mirror in sortioutsi and signed up, re-downloaded it.

Deleted the skins folder I'd made in the program files tree and now the text is showing just fine.

And can go back to the default skins in the preferences screen again.

Thanks for the great skin and help ^^^ there.

Hi, always been a big fan of your skins. Could you put the in game date/tame somewhere prominent though? At the moment it just doesn't seem to be there?

Top left-hand corner there's a button that shows/hides the calendar bar at the top of the screen :)

You've got background images switched on in your preferences. Until the fix is released by SI, switch them off.

Ok, I'll try that, thanks.

Another thing.

Referring to this screenshot as an example

http://img691.imageshack.us/i/newsscreen.png/

At top right the tags J Hull, Taunton, Coca Cola, World....

I've got to check again at home but I had a piece of the J Hull (so my name) cut vertically on the left. Like cut with scissors :D

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already but when I press the calendar button and the tabs move downwards, the writing of the buttons that are usually below the tabs do not move, like this:

steklobug.th.png

I don't know why it does that, but it's not permanent, as soon as you move to another screen, it fixes itself.

A small bug: Every time I return to the 3D pitch after changing some tactics or instructions, the widgets mess up their placement, some come above others and some move to the right or left.

Any clue why?

To be honest, no. That screen is controlled by match full screen.xml, which I haven't changed, and so should be exactly the same as the default skin.

A small bug: Every time I return to the 3D pitch after changing some tactics or instructions, the widgets mess up their placement, some come above others and some move to the right or left.

Any clue why?

No biggie, but yeah, that happens on mine as well.

I have 'player motivation' and 'player ratings' boxes open on TV view in the top left and right hand corners respectively and after half time or after every substitution or tactic change they both move down slightly diagonally towards the centre of the screen. Get closer and closer to the centre each time it happens.

Although I love this skin, I simply can't use it because of the widgets changing places after each new instruction or tactic is confirmed. They even move when a new shout is implemented, without even going into the tactics.

I will wait with baited breath a fix for this. Great skin all in all, as always, CaptainFerret.

I have the same problem during processing, but I alrady have background images unticked in preferences.

Any idea whats wrong?

Oh right, not liking that :(

Can it be easily changed?

Yes. Find progress panel.xml in the panels folder, and remove the background image widget (it's at the top). Save, then reload the skin.

Although why people have such a problem with it, I do not know.

Nice, cheers. I will try it without to see if it improves my experience.

I find it rather detatching from the whole experience of FM. As processing can take a long time sometimes, staring at a blank screen is not particularly pleasing,

Love the skin, but can't use it at the moment since it keeps moving the TV view widgets around. After say a touchline instruction that 're-loads' the tv view, i found my active widgets have moved around (usually from the top of the screen to a centimetre or two downwards and into the screen, as if to fit a smaller resolution).

anything I could do to fix it?

I play with Windowed mode maximised onto a 1280x800 screen.

Love the skin, but can't use it at the moment since it keeps moving the TV view widgets around. After say a touchline instruction that 're-loads' the tv view, i found my active widgets have moved around (usually from the top of the screen to a centimetre or two downwards and into the screen, as if to fit a smaller resolution).

anything I could do to fix it?

I play with Windowed mode maximised onto a 1280x800 screen.

I'm trying to find out what's causing this, but it's not very obvious.

Archived