FM08 Feature Blog: Transfers / Contracts / Bonuses

Mr Miles, at the moment I am wetting myself at the new FM game, and I’ve got two questions

1. When will it be released and

2. (The last question maybe a bit too ambitious so this is going to be a good one!) Loving the news that you can now sign Under 18s from brazil, so let’s say I’m manager of a Brazilian side and I have a 16 year old superstar, which I have sold to man u. Since he has got to play for me for 2 years will that player’s performance change due to him looking forward to going to Man U

3. I’m manager of Man U and signed that 16 year old from that Brazil side. Over the 2 years can you have ongoing scouting to monitor the players performance, and if things don't look good for the player can you cancel that pre Contract?

Thanks, and I like to say it’s great to see someone like you taking in ideas, comments and notes from fans of the game, I’m sure it's what makes FM so great icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Herter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jjnjnkj@hotmail.com:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drox:

miles why you didnt add an option that we can sign players for a year and and the secod year can be an option it means that if we want to play he will stay if not we can get rid of him and not pay him nothing in real life some teams sign players like that cus thay dont want to take a risk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can? You can loan a player for a season and set a fee after the loan is complete if you wish to sign the player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He didnt mention loans, did he? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't really get it to be honest thought I did at first.

So you are on about having Rolling contracts for players and if they have a poor season then they can be released with no compensation owed?

I think thats it icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drox:

yeah the real fan is right thats what i would like to have in the gameicon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too.. It would be a GREAT addition icon_smile.gif

miles why you didnt add an option that we can sign players for a year and and the secod year can be an option it means that if we want to play he will stay if not we can get rid of him and not pay him nothing in real life some teams sign players like that cus thay dont want to take a risk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't I answered this question for you in a completely seperate thread?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

Haven't I answered this question for you in a completely seperate thread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you did but i want an answer from an admin not third league researcher or even more i dont really know

Wow. LOVE the new budget thing. Just fabulous. And about bleeding time!!

Also the pre-contract Brazil U18s is cool. Although it would be fantastic if you could fix the "player who has an future professional contract signing for you but never actually signing for you" bug that would be ace.

you did but i want an answer from an admin not third league researcher </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow. You kiss your boyfriend with that mouth?

• SI Staff

JosefK - 1) only if the club wants that kind of deal. 2) No.

Dnallov - 2) it might affect his morale. 3) No. Once a contract is signed, it's signed.

Dave C - not sure what you are talking about in particular, but everything that I've written is accurate. There's only one example I've given of how we've come to a decision, which was the contract stuff, and what I've said is 100% accurate and how it was decided.

All of the ideas that go into the game come from different places, whether it be internal, Sega, the research team, dream team, these forums, friends, family or contacts.

So whilst I don't know which bit in particular you are on about, I suggest you leave your ego at the door, as the implication in your post is unfair and unjustified.

drox, that researcher was rtying to help you. if you dont have the common decency to be polite to him, why would any of the big boys wanna come answer your questions?

in fact, you've been pretty much offensive to everyone who's addressed your questions for the last few days. i suggest you take the mental equivalent of a cold shower or you could end up talking to yourself

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by migwar:

drox, that researcher was rtying to help you. if you dont have the common decency to be polite to him, why would any of the big boys wanna come answer your questions?

in fact, you've been pretty much offensive to everyone who's addressed your questions for the last few days. i suggest you take the mental equivalent of a cold shower or you could end up talking to yourself </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok you right im sorry on that and i understood why they didnt do it so its fine

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yet, in real life, players sign pre-contracts to join clubs (a bit like Alexandre Pato's recent deal). And now they can in FM2008 too. Hurrah. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent. This is one thing that I really wanted to see in the January update, I even made a bit of a thread about it, so I'm genuinely delighted that it's in FM08.

• SI Staff

drox - I've already said countless times that I'm going to talk about, and answer, questions about the blogs in here. Please stop asking other questions in these threads, and you should be very careful with your comments, particularly as you are already on a yellow card.

To insult DaveC for trying to help you isn't going to win you many friends in these forums.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

drox - I've already said countless times that I'm going to talk about, and answer, questions about the blogs in here. Please stop asking other questions in these threads, and you should be very careful with your comments, particularly as you are already on a yellow card.

To insult DaveC for trying to help you isn't going to win you many friends in these forums. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok will ask only on the blog if i have something to ask from now on

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

Haven't I answered this question for you in a completely seperate thread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you did but i want an answer from an admin not third league researcher or even more i dont really know </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fifth league if you count it properly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

Dave C - not sure what you are talking about in particular, but everything that I've written is accurate. There's only one example I've given of how we've come to a decision, which was the contract stuff, and what I've said is 100% accurate and how it was decided. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Miles, it's me and my nature, not really anything you said.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

you did but i want an answer from an admin not third league researcher </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow. You kiss your boyfriend with that mouth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't tolerate abuse on the forums, you should know that being a senior member of the forum. You've been issued a warning for you efforts.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Let’s start with pitch sizes. As those of you who are into your footy know, there is no one set size for a pitch in football, just rules for each competition and league for minimum and maximum dimensions. You now get the chance to set your pitch size at the start of the season, adapting the pitch size to your tactics or vice versa, within the boundaries of the competition your club is playing in. </pre>

sorry but what do u mean????

Hoang, no two pitches are the same length or width. Some fields are longer than others, whilst some are fairly narrow.

08 is going to give you the option of stating the dimensions of your own pitch (within the leagues guidlines of course). So, if you play a german style game (no wingers) you'll want to have a narrow pitch, and of course vice-versa if you play a wide game.

if your team are, in the majority, young and quick you would make your pitch a bit longer so as to tire the opposition.

Hope that helps mate.

Miles,

is there a tweak on player adaptability?I've seen that all south american kids perform amazingly well in the english league as soon as they are bought. It wud be gr8 if players take time to settle b4 showing their real worth. Tht wud be a gr8 tweak IMO. bcoz in real football transfers do not happen as you like(i mean the number of players bought at will w/o affecting team chemistry) and not all players start banging goals as soon as they arrive

from testing, it's awesome that you can play around with the budget, so if you've got someone you're desperate to sign and you're a bit short you can just jiggle the budgets a bit, utterly great.

I like the bonus system too, just adds that bit more realism to the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rashidi1:

We don't tolerate abuse on the forums, you should know that being a senior member of the forum. You've been issued a warning for you efforts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn. If I'd have known my reply to her incredibly abusive post was going to warrant a warning I'd have actually been abusive. Live and learn.

VB

Nice update Miles! icon14.gif

Here's a few questions:

1) Is the co-ownership being rewamped this year? Because in FM 2007 it was very buggy

2) It is now easier to sell player, at least medium/good level player? Because in a game in FM 2007 i was managing Sampdoria (finally the license! Yuppieeeeeee thanks SI) and i had buyed too many striker for error and i had to sell Bonazzoli (after a season with 22 goals in 56 apparence, and 4 golas of 8 games in Champions League), he was only 30 years old but i wasn't able to sell him to anyone... icon_frown.gif. IRL many team try to buy a good player like him after that season for at least 2.5 M euro (i tried even 0 with no success!!!).

3) A tips for you at SI about Co-ownership deal.

IRL only if there is an agreement between the two owner team the co-ownership can be prolonged (for 2 years deal) so if a team want to resolve the situation in the first year the two team can make offer for the player before the resolutionitalian it's name is "Buste" but i don't know it's translation in English), if they don't have an agreement then it will resolve in that year at june (even with 2-years deal in the first summer) with the clubs's secret offers (here in Italy the transfer of Fabio Quagliarella from Sampdoria to Udinese is a great example because the 2-years co-ownership deal was signed in summer of 2005/2006 season). Is this thing implemented or it will go like last year?

3) Are the clubs more propensed to buy/exchange(almost never used in FM 2007 i hope it work now)/loan with clubs in his country league or lower league at least for medium/low level clubs?

4) It's now possible to buy a player using the loan+future transfer option (because last year was impossible)?

Thanks and continue like this SI!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DMaster2:

4) It's now possible to buy a player using the loan+future transfer option (because last year was impossible)?

Thanks and continue like this SI! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is one of the things that ill try out first as they just didnt work at all.

The other thing is when bidding for a player for say 5m as thats all you have, only to have the negotiations by the other club increasing their asking price to say 6m. If you cant offer more than 5 how can you afford their 6. This terminates any possible deal and is frustrating. Hopefully this has been tweaked.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rashidi1:

We don't tolerate abuse on the forums, you should know that being a senior member of the forum. You've been issued a warning for you efforts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn. If I'd have known my reply to her incredibly abusive post was going to warrant a warning I'd have actually been abusive. Live and learn.

VB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im not a girl moron

Sounds to me that FM08 will be a vast improvement on 07 which is pleasing.

"coach reports make taking over a new team easier" I really hope this turns out to be an accurate assessment.

Looking at the screenshots I do have a quick question, the player photos, are they all CGI? Or is it still possible to use player photos in the same way that we did on previous FMs?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ooking at the screenshots I do have a quick question, the player photos, are they all CGI? Or is it still possible to use player photos in the same way that we did on previous FMs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are probably thinking of Facegen which we're using for newgens. Player pictures will still be in there icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by migwar:

i'm wit you there DM. you mean:

i offer £10m for a £7.5m rated player...

they counter asking for £15m

i offer £12m...

they counter with £17m

I offer £15m...

now they want £20m...

icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very annoying!

For me, FM07 was the best yet (was very dissapointed with 06), I have not had one crash, it runs fast and plays well.

FM08 looks as if it can really move it on even more.

For me one of the best new features is the ability to make a first team player available for the reserves.

Also, think the facegen is really good idea.

Thanks roll on Xmas

Archived