FM10: Good Tutors

Ari Gold

Is anyone able to share some players they have signed that have been good tutors. Perhaps even a particularly player for a particular wonderkid. In my experiences having high determination isn't often enough to see the tutee improve the way I would like.

I'm yet to really have any great success, but I like to think that both Ronaldo (The Phenom) and Beckham make great tutors. I've had some decent success with Beckham tutoring Simon Vukcevic, whose mentals improved a couple of points.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raul is hands down the best tutor for attacking players I've found, but that's not much use to most players since it's more or less impossible to get him to leave Real Madrid. Joao Moutinho is an excellent tutor for midfielders and will go to most clubs.

Luka modric, 'feels tutoring youngsters is an essential part of being a professional footballer' (something like that). Doing wonders with my regens.

What about bad tutors, or bad/good learners? Cristian zapata had a big fall out with otamendi on my game. 6 of one half a dozen of the other, otamendi is temperamental while zapata only has 8 influence.

Steven Gerrard has the midas touch, everyone on fm 09 and so far on fm 10 that i got him to tutor ended up with 20 determination as well as seeing increases in other stats.

This ^

Although I got Sofiane Feghouli on a free and got Gerrard to tutor him, they soon fell out so I loaned him out to my mate who's Arsenal on our network save. Looks like he'll be leaving permanently unfortunately, can't upset Gerrard as he hopes Feghouli's move is permanent :p

This ^

Although I got Sofiane Feghouli on a free and got Gerrard to tutor him, they soon fell out so I loaned him out to my mate who's Arsenal on our network save. Looks like he'll be leaving permanently unfortunately, can't upset Gerrard as he hopes Feghouli's move is permanent :p

unlucky, i honestly haven't had him fall out with anyone before.

Beckham has really helped Vukcevic improve a lot. Green arrows across the board.

Ronaldo did a good job with Salvio and both players enjoyed the experience. Might have gone better if I actually played Ronaldo though.

Kim Kallstrom is doing a superb job on Clement Grenier. Green arrows across the board.

Can anyone explain the basics here to me? Does tutoring really help the student apart from learning a few preferred moves? Does it actually help change any attributes?

And how do you identify whether person A is right to tutor person B. Same position is a no brainer- but still it often doesnt work. For example i got Silva to tutor Alba in my Valencia team but a couple of months later Alba said he didnt learn anything. As a result got into a conflict with Silva. How can you also avoid scenarios such as the above.

Any feedback will be much appreciated

Although this isn't related to tutors, it is related to preferred moves which will affect his tutoring. Anyone ever switch Cristiano Ronaldo's preferred moves from shooting with power to placing shots? Which would you prefer? My backroom is advising me to make the change.

take a young player :

1) Right click on him

2) comment on player

3) at the bottom of the screen there´s a table called "linked player" . Click that to choose the mentor

4) select the type of mentoring, just above linked player

for more Info just search for any of "mentor","tutor","mentoring" or "Tutoring" and display results from thread titles only.

on the topic : I just love it that my backroom stuff recomends Tutor/Mentor pairings, make sense and work as well.

Give it a shot, didn´t have a single rejection on 4 pairings with Fiorentina, all were delighted.

• 1 month later...

Would Jermaine Jones be good? Can't quite make my mind up. Edging towards yes...

Determination - 20

Ambition - 18

Work Rate (if that does have effect - I'm not sure) - 20

Professionalism - 10.

EDIT: Yeah I think he would be cause Frings is similar in low in Ambition but high in others, and Frings is awesome.

Signed Lisandro Lopez a few weeks back, had him tutor a couple of regens and a couple of reserve players. All of them have managed to get their determination to the full 18 whilst they've also learned preferred moves.

Just wondering: can tutoring change a players personality? I had a regen who was volatile and outspoken to the media, but now he is reserved I think after tutoring from Kolo Toure. Meant to happen or just me tripping?

Would Jermaine Jones be good? Can't quite make my mind up. Edging towards yes...

Determination - 20

Ambition - 18

Work Rate (if that does have effect - I'm not sure) - 20

Professionalism - 10.

EDIT: Yeah I think he would be cause Frings is similar in low in Ambition but high in others, and Frings is awesome.

Work Rate don't have an effect..

For gk`s - Buffon, Casillas, Lloris, Adler, Valdes

Defenders - Cissokho, Terry, Kovac, Ayala, Canavarro, R.Carlos, Fazio, Mexes

Midfielders - Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Lampard, Gerrard, Toulalan, Beckham, Pirlo, Gattuso, Boateng, Annan, Essien, Pires

Strikers - Ronaldo, Torres, Pirlo, Palermo, K.Phillips, Makaay, Ibrahimovic

Thats all off the top of my head ;)

Atm I am second season at Liverpool and have reina, Gerrard, Carragher, Mascherano, Torres who are all fantastic tutors for my players so far havent had any problems and getting the younger players determination stat up around 18-20.

Reina is fantastic for Areola who may end up getting to his massive PA and turning into a world class GK as his proffesionalism will hopefully come up as much as his Determination.

Edit: Also have Litmanen and Joao Moutinho who have done good things with the younger players as well

I think maybe sending the player on loan is the only way to stop a player being tutored

Thanks man :thup:

Can anyone recommend me a good old cheap tutor for my Everton team, a guy who won't mind not playing and have a low wage (so not Ruud)

Any help appreciated :)

The best tutor I've had is Munitis.

I had him tutor Verratti, and initially, his personality changed to model professional, but later on his determination went up to 20 as well, so now he has a driven personality.

He's still tutoring him at the moment, so hopefully further improvement will come in other areas.

Haha unbelieveably I just found him in the search :D and I tricked sevilla to sell him for 0 € + 20 mil after 20 apps (yeah like he'll play...) + 20 mil after 20 goals (hah nice one) and 50 % profit of next sale (muuahaha riiight) :D I'm a business god...

The best tutor I've had is Munitis.

I had him tutor Verratti, and initially, his personality changed to model professional, but later on his determination went up to 20 as well, so now he has a driven personality.

He's still tutoring him at the moment, so hopefully further improvement will come in other areas.

Munitis is ace. I use to buy him just to tutor younger players. I do let him play a bit too.

A couple of other players I try to sign to tutor others are Oleg Gusev and Cristiano Doni.

agüero; created a beast like himself

why good tutor?

determination of 20

ambition 16

pressure 19

temperament 18 ---> strange but players with very high determination are always playing amazingly good

etc

edit: you can't know if a player s a good tutor, because ambition, pressur, prof etc are hidden...

even players with very high mental stats (determination & influence 20) and good personality can have an ambition of 10/20 --> which wil make decrease the youngster's ambition rating --> he will not reach his PA...

Baya: That the ambition lowers doesn't mean that a player don't reach his PA. If the player lowers his ambition due to tutoring he will still reach his potential if he is given the right coaching and the correct amount of matches.

Archived