• Deep Lying Playmaker, Defend
    • Deep Lying Playmaker, Support
    • Box to Box Midfielder, Support
    • Ball Winning Midfielder, Defend
    • Ball Winning Midfielder, Support
    • Others

Player profile

profilesissoko.jpg

No relation to Mohamed Sissoko although the similarities are there. An impressive all-rounder midfielder.

Facts:

Moussa Sissoko, a French midfielder of Malian descent, currently plays for Toulouse FC. His impressive club performances in 2008/09 earned him a nomination for the Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year.

He earned his first senior cap in the match against the Faroe Islands on 6 October 2009.

Great physical stats, and is the first name in my head when I look for a DM for Arsenal at the start :D

Can really turn out to be something special in 2-3 seasons. :thup:

I have seen various people buying him on the club threads and they say he is a good player. But tackling 12 for a defensive midfielder? And it seems he turns 20 in August. But if a lot of the 12's become 15/16 then he could be the next Vieira. :)

I think you may be better off buying Camacho from At Madrid. He is very expensive to start with, but if you bide your time and put a bid in October you can pick him up for around £3.5m. Obviously he wont get transferred until January but you will save the best part of £7m compared to Sissoko and both players are of a similar ability.

• 2 weeks later...
Valencia won't be able to afford him. :D Moussa is quality, but he should stay in France a little while longer, play for one of the big boys first. ;)

So so good in FM and rightly so, wish people would stop with the Essien comparisons, infact the comparisons with players generally it's so silly.

He already plays for a big club in France ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Bought him with Reading in 2nd season for £5.5M. Looks rather handy, although I am chasing Juan Manuel Torres as I feel Sissoko is more a deep-lying playmaker style than defensive midfield or anchor. His marking, tackling and positioning are a little low for my liking. Has good acceleration, and can pick out a pass well so stick him with an anchor and they should do wonders I reckon!

• 2 months later...

Did the french researchers watched Moussa Sissoko carefully this season in League 1? He scored 7 goals so far for Toulouse and for a defensive midfielder that's fantastic. He even scored more goals than Gignac.

But in FM 2010 his finishing stat is 7, and long shots only 9. I hope he will be improved in 10.3. He's like the perfect box-to-box midfielder IRL.

I had to grab deep in the financial pocket at Juventus for this one, I bought him in the 3rd season. For some reason DMC ratings at otehr clubs are always 0.4 average more than mine, must be the tactic, but it's improving anyway. My DMC's don't get a lot fo shots on goals, not even assists, hence the lower ratings than other players I guess. He's 26 now in my game and had to sell Marchisio because Moussa impressed more. He had his best season last season, 7.10 average in 47 games, 15 yellow and 1 red. Those cards are about his average. I had Mohamed Sissoko as well, he got double the amount of cards so I'm pretty happy :) I learned him to stop play and it really helps defensively, and I'm not the team relying on counter attacks.

This is how he looks now in 2016 :

Sissoko2016.png

@Scott1892 : I got Sandro as well, he's my backup DMC and play him more at the MR position, tall wingers in FM is always an unfair advantage :D

I had to grab deep in the financial pocket at Juventus for this one, I bought him in the 3rd season. For some reason DMC ratings at otehr clubs are always 0.4 average more than mine, must be the tactic, but it's improving anyway. My DMC's don't get a lot fo shots on goals, not even assists, hence the lower ratings than other players I guess. He's 26 now in my game and had to sell Marchisio because Moussa impressed more. He had his best season last season, 7.10 average in 47 games, 15 yellow and 1 red. Those cards are about his average. I had Mohamed Sissoko as well, he got double the amount of cards so I'm pretty happy :) I learned him to stop play and it really helps defensively, and I'm not the team relying on counter attacks.

This is how he looks now in 2016 :

Sissoko2016.png

@Scott1892 : I got Sandro as well, he's my backup DMC and play him more at the MR position, tall wingers in FM is always an unfair advantage :D

What type of position do you play Sissoko? Deep lying playmaker?

What type of position do you play Sissoko? Deep lying playmaker?

Using him more as anchor man to fit my diamond 4-4-2. It's the most unthankful position rating wise but very important, the player there needs to be world class to make the tactic stable. Won the sextuple (or whatever it's called, League, Cup, Super Cup, Champion's League, European Super Cup and Club World Championship in one season) last season. Took some seasons to get it working right, and Sissoko is major part of it :D

i bought him for 16 mil. € in my leverkusen game in season 3 and he wasn´t that much of a help. normaly playing a 4-2-4 with a defensive midfielder, he was perfectly up for the task, but was getting many yellow and red cards, which can put you in a tough spot when playing champions league..

my less potential backup sami khedira (german dm from stuttgart) was the better overall transfer for me, with less errors and less cards, but an equally overall performance.

• 2 weeks later...
He's more a box to box player than an outright defensive midfielder anyway, I'm sure he will be improved with regards to finishing in time. No need to get carried away in the short term.

Yes! After 10.3 patch, Moussa's finishing and long shots are fantastic! 12 for finishing and 15 for long shots, just like in real life. He's like the best box to box midfielder right from the start. Someone should post a screenshot of him after the latest patch. He's immense!

Yes! After 10.3 patch, Moussa's finishing and long shots are fantastic! 12 for finishing and 15 for long shots, just like in real life. He's like the best box to box midfielder right from the start. Someone should post a screenshot of him after the latest patch. He's immense!

Can you not do it?

Loving moussa in 10.3 ..got him for my arsenal save ..playing 4-5-1 and moussa in a ball winning CM role next to cesc and ahead of song...4 goals in 15 games 5 assists and ave rating of 7.5 ...def the next viara

I do apologise, he does look a lot better! :eek:

Just looked at the top of this thread to see what he use to look like, massive improvement :thup:

The french researchers did their job very good. 7 goals scored this season in League 1, mostly from long shots and it shows in 10.3. His positioning and teamwork could've been higher though. His PA is immense, so he will improve very much in the future. A must buy from the start! And he's not that expensive too.

The french researchers did their job very good. 7 goals scored this season in League 1, mostly from long shots and it shows in 10.3. His positioning and teamwork could've been higher though. His PA is immense, so he will improve very much in the future. A must buy from the start! And he's not that expensive too.

I appreciate, thanks ;)

Um Camacho is no where near this guys ability Santos is more close to this guys ability evan adrien is close to it but Moussa is by far a elite for his position i have him santos and adrien all on my team and Moussa is first then santos is second i would not buy Camacho.

Archived