SI General Discussion Forum Fantasy Football League!

All,

Well, we're coming up to the new season in English football. About this time many will start dreaming of the yet to be officially announced (Ahem, Miles, ahem, Twitter) FM2010, or perhaps others are still playing FM09 and are busy updating their data to start with Newcastle in the Championship, Burnley in the Premiership, or Gillingham in League One. Many fans will start to plan their away trips for the following season, or get their Sky subscriptions sorted out.

Also, around this time of year, a couple of million people create their fantasy football team on the Premier League website. The concept is simple: create a team using no more than the allotted amount, select a captain who will win double points, and join as many private leagues as you like (or, indeed, join none). For this community in General Discussion, I've created two private leagues: one for fantasy football, and one for I know the score.

FANTASY FOOTBALL:

The GD Fantasy Football league is called GD (Player Naming). To join, go to http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ and create a team. Then, go to join private league, and enter in this code: 107332-124957. So, feel free to join the GD League!

I KNOW THE SCORE:

This is the name for the Premier League's prediction league, and it's actually pretty cool. You predict the scores, and you get points depending on whether you got the correct score, result, goal difference, and you can go double-or-nothing if you think a score is a home banker! The GD league for this is called the Corner Exploit League after everyone's favourite match engine exploit (Micah Richards, England's highest ever scorer with 74 goals in my game). Simply sign up to the I Know The Score game (you can use same details as for your Fantasy Football). Go to http://iknowthescore.premierleague.com and join a mini league, the code is: FB994-PDJ.

PRIZES:

Well, for the Fantasy Football, if you win the whole game outright, you win a VIP trip for two to a Premier League match featuring your team. The Winner’s Prize includes travel, two nights' hotel accommodation, two match tickets, pre-match meal and £250 spending money. Monthly winners win a digital camera, an MP3 player and a replica kit. The winners of the GD (Player Naming) league will win a custom title and I'll see if I can sort some other little prizes out (no promises though). The same goes for the I Know The Score league.

So, have fun, sign up, and best of luck (except against me)!

Cheers,

Gills

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we are restricted to 15 private leagues.

OK, you're restricted to a realistic number of leagues then. :p

By the way - I'd encourage people to use their SI usernames where possible. Just so it's easier to keep track of how well people are doing. :cool:

I've already got an account on there, my real name, so I'm going to use that instead.

EDIT: Maha, sorted it by having first name: Jammy Harding surname: (arsenal_2111)

Jammy's Dodgers :cool: (That's my team name, btw)

-----------

League Names;

'Miles is an Alien'

'Skorp is a girl'

'Jammy rules :cool:'

"The GD League (Player Naming)"

I love it. As soon as I get a minute this will be the league name. I would make this thread a sticky but there's enough stickies in this forum for now I think!

League Name:

Well, The GD League (Player Naming) is clearly the best name so far - but unfortunately we can't use it. The maximum league name is a mere 20 characters! So if anyone can come up with a good name using just 20 characters, that would be great.

League Name:

Well, The GD League (Player Naming) is clearly the best name so far - but unfortunately we can't use it. The maximum league name is a mere 20 characters! So if anyone can come up with a good name using just 20 characters, that would be great.

I point you back in the direction of the Corner Exploit League, which I make 19 characters.

League Name:

How about GD (Player Naming) 18:thup:

Ok, my team:

Van Der Sar
Vermaelen   Vidic   Hangeland   da Silva
Gerrard   Alonso   Mikel   Jimenez 
            Torres   Owen

Subs: Sorensen, Bramble, Mendy, Ebanks-Blake

Depending on transfers I may make a few changes before the start of the season though.

And as i'll not be changing my name on the site due to being in other leagues as well my name on there is Craig Hopper (chopper you see).

Good team ^^

My team has Gerrard, Torres, Rooney, Hangeland and Milner in its ranks. The rest are still subject to change so I won't bother posting them just yet.

Archived