Sebastian Giovinco

really? in my game he looked good at the start but after a year and a half he hasnt really developed and struggles to get in juve team. judging by the shot above he DOES turn into a good player

He never really developed on my saves. In FM08 it was always an easy-buy. In FM09 it's a bit harder, but i have to say I don't even want to get the guy (unless it's a bargain). He was performance-wise decent at FM08 for me, no matter what team, position or instructions, so I'm a bit reluctant to try a high price buy for him.

• 2 months later...

An absolute must buy. Got him for €16.5m off Juventus second season and has been sheer class since. The screenshot speaks for itself:

sebastiangiovinco.jpg

He plays AML for me and cuts inside to score since he's right footed. Have him tutored and make him learn place shots and he scores for fun.

Teach him the right PPM's, and retrain him to play upfront, (while still playing him as AML or AMC), and he will score bags of goals, a lot of which will be spectacular Messi-like efforts. I once had him score the top 2 goals, out of the 3 voted for goal of the season. Needs playing time though to improve, and Juve cometimes seem to waste him on my games.

juve wasted him on my parma game but they sold him for 3.5mil which is an absolute bargan and his stats wheren't that bad tho and he still had time time improve, i tried to sign him but he went to ascoli.

i heard they can do that quite often and he can usually be picked up about 2-3 seasons in for a bargan.

• 2 weeks later...
very different mental stats on both screenshots.

mayby they just different tutors? in my game started in latest patch he got DET of 10. on screens he have 18 and 20.

i got him for 4,7m £ end of seson 1

• 4 weeks later...
An absolute must buy. Got him for €16.5m off Juventus second season and has been sheer class since. The screenshot speaks for itself:

sebastiangiovinco.jpg

He plays AML for me and cuts inside to score since he's right footed. Have him tutored and make him learn place shots and he scores for fun.

Very interested to know how you got his determination from 10 to 20:eek::eek: ???? Lemme know and any other tips u hav on developing him would be appreciated.

Thanks

Very interested to know how you got his determination from 10 to 20:eek::eek: ???? Lemme know and any other tips u hav on developing him would be appreciated.

Thanks

I've never seen Determination rise naturally in any game i've played in FM09, even for youngsters who i know have high Professionalism/Ambition as hidden stats!

And i very much doubt it's rose from 10 to 20 in his game in the space of 2/3 seasons. That'd be a 3 point rise every season until 2012 aged 24 ?!

Something fishy :D

Tutoring raises determination a lot. Getting 20 would be very hard, but in 08 I raised Wijnaldum's by 6 one time. If their personality matches up really well with the tutors maybe anything is possible. Tutoring is such a convoluted process, it's hard to say what is possible.

• 2 months later...

I have never offered for Giovinco simply due to the fact he costs more than Buonanotte, and stats are similar, im presuming Gio improves more.

Is it worth paying the extra for Gio simply due to the fact hes bit taller, and comes from Juve ;)?

Archived