Football Manager 2016 Editor

metal_guitarist

no chance mate have been asking for years

I will eat my hat if it ever happens......so here's hoping I get chronic indigestion fairly soon:D

Thanks for your reply anyway. Didn't think they had done one before.

Not many people wear hats these days. If they amazingly do release a manual, I hope yours isn't a Bowler.

As of the features, all are great. I'm all for what makes the lives of editors more easy.

I just hope that these are only a few of many new editor upgrade.

I for one hope more robust editor, one that not crashes when testing crazy rules or actually gives more direct reasons of the errors when testing the database and not philosophical ones.

Seems to be issues with created nations and World Cup qualifying, in Europe at least. The old way of swapping a nation into Asia and replacing them with the created nation doesn't seem to work; as the nation placed in Asia will still play in the European World Cup qualifiers kicking the created nation out. What a **** **** this will be if there's no workaround.

Is it just I can not select multiple rows normally by dragging the mouse as in the previous version? Clicking on each row is time-consuming and difficult to edit ..

Use the shift button to select groups of rows

and you can use the ctrl button to deselect ones you don't need

From the first bits of the FAQ:

How do I download the editor for Football Manager through Steam?

You need to download it separately through Steam. It can be found in the Tools section within Steam. To get to it do the following;

Open Steam -> Library -> All Games -> Tools -> Football Manager Editor. And then Install”.

The initial run may require to install direct X files.

Where can I find the Editor?

If installed using steam the editor can be found: C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 20xx\Tools\

If installed on Mac it can be found: /Users/*YOURUSERNAME*/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/football manager 20xx/tools/

Is there a comprehensive list of new features available somewhere?

Really, the only feature I care about is ending automatic second nationalities in current/former colonies/dependencies. Is it possible to edit it?

Also, how easy is it to create new nations? Is that possible yet? Or are we still stuck swapping nations around?

Does anyone know the difference with the potential abilities in the editor? It used to always be -6,-7,-8,-9,-10. Which their is some like that but also some with -100 to -200. whats the difference??

there are 2 threads asking this and both answered take a look at those mate

Hi! Please need immediate help trying to add Albanian leagues to playable. The second division is made of two groups A and B and for some weird reason there is a first category league with no teams in it. When i try adding the A and B first category i get same competition level error but they are both at the same level just second division divided in two groups . Please help

http://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2016-editor-blog

Some information on there with some of the new features, for both the in-game and pre-game editors

Quote from the blog:

Finally, we have added in a new template for when you’re adding in new competition rules. The template is called ‘Promotion Playoffs’ and replicates the English Football League system where some teams can be automatically promoted with a promotion playoff between a handful of other teams to decide the final promotion spot.

Can someone please tell me where the "new" bit is in the editor?

I am working on a Danish pyramid right now, and when I read the announcement above, I was hoping for the opportunity to create true English-style playoffs, i.e. with a one-off final at a neutral venue. Instead, the options under the "Promotion playoff" tab are exactly the same as they have been for years, at least since FM 2013... :rolleyes:

Thx a lot bro bro all clear now just that bit, sorry about this but in fm 15 editor after u created the leagues u could click on the created per say albanian superleague on nation rules and u could edit money earned by position any idea bro ? I saw its there with the advanced rules but it was a bit complicated and even when i done it only the first division would come up on game. Thank you bro

in fm 15 editor after u created the leagues u could click on the created per say albanian superleague on nation rules and u could edit money earned by position

It's only pre-existing divisions that will require you to use advanced rules. You can still add prize money to any division you've created/added yourself using basic rules.

Divisions --> [division name] --> Prize money

Just like it's been for years...

"replicates the English Football League system"

It's in the menue "edit" the "add advanced rules feature" tab and called "Promotion playoffs"

You need to select a division and than add the advanced rules feature - promotion playoff - to this division.

• 1 month later...

Other questions, since a didn't found elsewhere:

I am in the creation of a custom league to test tactics and I wish to add some stuff like

- global transfer embargo

- prevent players to get called into international teams

How to add these options?

no chance mate have been asking for years

I will eat my hat if it ever happens......so here's hoping I get chronic indigestion fairly soon:D

I write these kind of things for a living, best I could do was a couple of guides on the basics of one subject, its quite hard to do!

There is knowledge around on HOW to do this stuff but sometimes there is no "right" way, how one person solves an problem might not work for someone else.

The basic stuff has lots of guides, hopefully my videos from a few years back still help :D

Archived