FM15 Editor and In-Game Editor Details

Roy Race 9

http://www.footballmanager.com/news/game-and-data-editor-blog

Well, that was an experiment that worked well.

With FM14 we took the plunge and released our first official in-game editor – it had been something I’d always been against as personally I’m a purist and want people to play the game “properly”. But who am I to stop people “accelerating their progress” should they want to? Or to “fix” data errors to ensure that their favourite player is now massively over-rated?

It did very well. More than well enough for us to not only make another one, but also add in loads of things that you, the people who use it for whatever reason (definitely not cheating – oh no, no one would do that), have asked for.

Drumroll please...

You can now edit contract types, plus bonuses and clauses

You can edit rivalries and favoured personnel. Both for players and clubs

You can “freeze attributes” meaning players will get no better, and no worse

New search filters – search by Current Ability and Potential Ability and all other hidden attributes. Or add them as custom columns. Or use the hidden attributes view

Change player registrations and squad numbers at any time

Transfer staff

Edit hair and skin colour, plus height and weight

You can edit languages - for people and nations

We’ve also made it easier to edit a players nationality

Finally, you can edit generic kits

All for the same price as the in-game editor last year.

It will be available from the in-game store at the games launch.

But, you ask, what about the competition & data editor?

For a start, and to confirm, that will remain free and available as a download for anyone who has bought FM15. It can be found in your Steam library under tools – or will be available there once the game is released. Thanks for all the continued feedback which helps steer what we add to it each year.

I’ve split this into 3 sections

New searches

Clubs – Local Region

People – Ethnicity, Skin Tone, Hair Colour

Contract end date

None playing history contains (team)

New editing options

Option to set a host national in continental club competitions

Option to prevent teams from playing in 2 continental coups at the same time

Golden Glove award now works

New sub rule – 3+GK from 9

When setting up a new competition – choose template.

Group stages for playoffs

Set points for draws, losses and goals

New suspension options

Other stuff

“Cancel” button

Auto save

Words now used instead of numbers for language proficiency

Recommended Current Ability

You can also now “publish to workshop” when saving an editor file.

Improved help system to better indicate when you're going to break the game with your data changes.

Happy editing!

Miles

I have asked this on the sticky-''thanks for posting details regarding the new products, there is a lot of us over in the editors hideaway as excited by the release of the editor as the game:o just a couple of questions can you explain what this means please -''When setting up a new competition – choose template''. Have the bugs that could not be addressed in the last FM14 patch been looked at:) and I haven't used the RTE just wanted to know if you can transfer/loan players and staff. Cheers thanks in advance:thup:'' I suggest if anyone has a comment/question raise it now....like you Ringwood I have ordered now and will also give RTE a go

Curious what kind of templates they have included. Very Nice additions as it will make competition editing better and easier by taking out the guessing. Cool to see that quite a lot of requested features have been inclused.

Curious what kind of templates they have included. Very Nice additions as it will make competition editing better and easier by taking out the guessing. Cool to see that quite a lot of requested features have been inclused.
yes looks much better, hope those bugs have been addressed and we should have a great product

As with the features that have been communicated for the game, the list of features for the editor isn't necessarily complete.

Hopefully it isn't and we get some pleasant surprises.

I'd like to know if the FM15 editor allows users to:

- mass increase the same amount of CA/PA (i.e. mass increase 15 points of CA for 100 players, even though their CA are all different) as long as the final CA does not exceed the final PA.

- properly change the structure of European Champions League or Asian Champions League etc

?

Thanks!

i move staff to club with in game editor, example robins to scunthorpe but just a day later he leaves foe another manager to come in always bloody peter scheimchel, so i terminated his contract put robins back in charge ,but same happened and they appointed megson, its done it with rowett at birmingham aswell for me, no matter how many times i try they just leave next day for impending managers?? glitch

same goes for hartlepool i appoint murray ,but they just appont kenny cunningham few days later,, edit just looked at contract after i do it and it had no end date so maybe that was why ???NO robins just left for third time and i gave him contract until 2017,, and now lehmans in charge lol

same goes for hartlepool i appoint murray ,but they just appont kenny cunningham few days later,, edit just looked at contract after i do it and it had no end date so maybe that was why ???NO robins just left for third time and i gave him contract until 2017,, and now lehmans in charge lol
report it in bugs mate

Can't figure out difference between fmf and xml files? Sometimes it saves to either file.

And what is difference between import/load editor data? I know import loads xml and load editor data loads fmf... But why the two options?

Very confusing loading and saving system.

Hi,I have now found the editor so could someone please tell me how to use it,b ecause every time I change anything and I try to save (in save only)nothing happebns and when I use SAVE AS it saves every change singularly,it does not ask if I want use same save,Please help.

I cannot see my .fmf file in game editor data file selection page. Any ideas?

Go to the folder, where You chose to save Your savegames. Then check if it has a sub-folder called "editor data". If not, create it. And then copy Your fmf file to that folder. You'll be able to choose your file before the game starts. Hope that it helps.

Go to the folder, where You chose to save Your savegames. Then check if it has a sub-folder called "editor data". If not, create it. And then copy Your fmf file to that folder. You'll be able to choose your file before the game starts. Hope that it helps.

That did not helped. The .dbc files in this folder can be selected in the game but unfortunately .fmf files cannot.

That did not helped. The .dbc files in this folder can be selected in the game but unfortunately .fmf files cannot.

It's strange, as my newly created FMF became visible after being copied there, the same is with SI's Gibraltar file... But You don't select it in Settings/Additional Files section, but New Career/Editor Data Files.

Hi. My problem is that I have everything with FM on D: (wich is a normal disk), while for some reason the editor automatically saves my editor files on c: (wich is my ssd-disk). Is there some how I can change the destination for where the editor files are saved?

For the Mac users having issues, SI are aware and it will be looked at. You'll just have to be patient for now I'm afraid.

Apaco- when you save choose "save as", then browse to the directory you wish to save to. There isn't an easy option like in the game to specify the folder unfortunately

For the Mac users having issues, SI are aware and it will be looked at. You'll just have to be patient for now I'm afraid.

Apaco- when you save choose "save as", then browse to the directory you wish to save to. There isn't an easy option like in the game to specify the folder unfortunately

Hi and thanks for your reply.

My problem is that when I choose "save as" I get no option to browse for my wanted directory. Strange...

Can you see a button that says "public" to the bottom right? If you click on that can you choose a directory through that?

Yeah I see the public button. When choosing that I can only choose to change from public to "friends only" or "hidden", but I cant find any place where I can choose directory?

fmeditor_zps0591c9b8.jpg

Yeah I see the public button. When choosing that I can only choose to change from public to "friends only" or "hidden", but I cant find any place where I can choose directory?

fmeditor_zps0591c9b8.jpg

Odd, I can't find anything either looking at it here. Think you'll have to just manually move it after you save it, which isn't exactly ideal.

Odd, I can't find anything either looking at it here. Think you'll have to just manually move it after you save it, which isn't exactly ideal.

Agree with you :) Thanks for taking time to help me!

Quickie!!

To change rules for say the English Premiership you have to select England as the nation to eventually make changes.

Which nation do I search for to change data for the Champions League?

Or can I just search directly for this under competition?

Archived