FM14 Injuries

How frequently are players getting injured in your game? I thought things were bad in FM13. First game ever in FM14 and 3 people get seriously injured: 4 months, 2 months and 3 weeks. The one that got injured for 3 weeks was a sub for the one that got injured for 4 months. I guess the cover for that part of pitch is playing with spear heads on his boots instead of cleats.

I don't remember the last football game I watched where there so many injuries in one game...

I might have to agree with the high injury frequency. After reading that training could be the problem I doubled checked, most of mine are all light. In my first save in the MLS, by the second league game I had 7 long term injuries all 3-4 months. Could just be my bad luck as well though. However, I started a new save with arsenal and not as many long term injuries but almost everyone picks up a knock throughout the game. Not complaining, just saying.

I always tend to blame bad luck for injuries instead of the game itself but: I had 3 players injured in my very first friendly. And after my second match 3 of my first team players are on 3+ week injuries. Isn't that a bit much? I have to be very unlucky if thats normal.

Well, I don't know if it's bad luck or if the injury rates are based on real life but are too generic. I have played until beginning of December now. That's roughly 30 matches with champions league, league, cup and friendlies and I consistently have at least 2 players injured, with up to 5 players sometimes.

I don't mind the rate of injury much, I have the squad depth and it's manageable. But I am a real life fan of this team and I don't remember the last season this team had such severe injury problems. The last player with severe injury problem (5-6 months) was Ujfalusi in 2010/2011. Right now I don't even remember who it was before that.

In FM14 I have multiple guys gone 3+ months, with random players rotating 2-3 weeks regularly. There might be teams out there in real life that have these sort of problems. I am not questioning that either. It's just a bit weird to see it happen to players that I am consistently watching on TV and makes me ask questions :)

• 2 months later...

The A-League is absolutely unplayable.

I'm well aware that it's a league with a slower tempo and that on the whole the players are obviously older with smaller natural fitness's... but you spend most of the time ending matches with 10 men because you have 3 major injuries and a 4th for good luck.

Shame, as it's a fascinating league to get involved with but for this build of the game, impossible.

The A-League is absolutely unplayable.

I'm well aware that it's a league with a slower tempo and that on the whole the players are obviously older with smaller natural fitness's... but you spend most of the time ending matches with 10 men because you have 3 major injuries and a 4th for good luck.

Shame, as it's a fascinating league to get involved with but for this build of the game, impossible.

Rubbish.

If you have a high level of injuries consistently across many seasons and saves it is influenced by yourself.

How many injuries have you had in your season? how many players out? what about other teams?

I know it's spread over 2 years but that's still an absurd amount of injuries for a single player d815837b0e7dbf6cd1f7b91ddd61c989.png

P.S. he is one of about 5 players who get constant injured. I bought this guy when he was 17 and these injuries and stunting his growth. He looked like a world beater initially.

The in-game injury amounts are based on real life figures, but actually fall somewhere below that.

Real life players dont loose their attributes so drastically after a two month injury....in FM Van Persie would be crap till now with his injury history

• 2 months later...

I'm in early 7th season , first 6 season I'd only one really heavy injury, keeping a player out almost an entire season, and a few 1-2 month ones. This season I've have 6 bad injuries already halfway September, of which 2 during a single match, my left winger and his replacement... (man, do I hate that right back). Guess the average injury rate is catching up with me...

Archived