Is Barcelona just lucky or SI programmers love them...

Si, do you lovew Barcelona that much?

I just played against them, I was winning 1-0 and the... 4 penalty! The referee awarded 4 freaking penalty to Barcelona in one game.. I have never seen that in real life... That is a bit abusive.. And my mate played against them as weel, they got two penalty also... Please in the next Fm 14 don't protect them!

Si, do you lovew Barcelona that much?

I just played against them, I was winning 1-0 and the... 4 penalty! The referee awarded 4 freaking penalty to Barcelona in one game.. I have never seen that in real life... That is a bit abusive.. And my mate played against them as weel, they got two penalty also... Please in the next Fm 14 don't protect them!

Eh?

It doesnt work anything like that at all. Not even remotely close.

In my previous experience with Barca, Man City is more like that.

They got 2 controversial penalties and one goal of Barca disallowed during two games of Champions league semifinal.

Even Messi got yellow card for protesting.

In current FM, there is no limitation of reality.

So everything is possible.

Without seeing the match, the reason for this is probably because Barca is an extremely gifted attacking side. If your tactics are not equipped to counter this then your defenders will have to use the 'emergency brake' often, which will lead to penalties.

In my previous experience with Barca, Man City is more like that.

They got 2 controversial penalties and one goal of Barca disallowed during two games of Champions league semifinal.

Even Messi got yellow card for protesting.

In current FM, there is no limitation of reality.

So everything is possible.

That's hardly supernatural though.

I had one game where I beat Inter Milan 4-1 with St. Johnstone in the Europa League in the first season.

SI clearly and disgustingly discriminate against Inter Milan and blatantly favour St. Johnstone in every aspect of the game, makes me sick.

P.s. Crystal Palace got 5 penalties v Brighton in 1989, and Martin Palermo famously missed three penalties in one match for Argentina. It happens just as often in FM as in real life.

I just kicked title-defender Barcelona out of the 2014/15 Champions League Group Stage :D

The group was:

Barcelona

FC Porto

Panathinaikos

Freiburg

Barcelona started 0:0 against Athens, then smashed Porto, then drew 0:0 against us (Freiburg).

They went on to loose 0:1 in Freiburg, smash Athens and loose 0:3 in Porto. Game over. Porto and Freiburg qualify.

Mind you, the most valuable player of my Freiburg side is 10 million €. Most of them are more or less 2-3 million € worth.

Can't see any particular Barcelona bias here. ;)

Well I lost 5-0 to Real Madrid last night - wasn't any biased going on there was there?

However, 4 penalties in a game is rare - but it does happen sometimes.

Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion in March 1989, referee Kelvin Morton awarded five penalties, four of them to Palace. This is still an English League record today.

Funnily enough, Crystal Palace missed three of theirs, running out 2-1 winners in the end.

However, 4 penalties in a game is rare - but it does happen sometimes.

As someone mentioned, it simply might have to do with the fact how the defence is set up. If they try to tackle Barcelona players in the penalty area... well, that almost certainly leads to penalties. ;)

There is a little known sub-routine in the FM installation called FMSkynet.exe it automatically loads when you load the game and provides a direct feed of data back to SI. From time to time Miles himself has been known to oversee players games and just for the hell of it press the button to execute an unrealistic comeback. If you turn the volume up all the way in the game you can hear this because the theme tune from Rocky will begin playing, as well as various portraits of staff members at SI superimposing a laughing image on the background that's only present for a fraction of a second.

Also, they harvest your credit card details and purchase insane amounts of bon bons with your money.

There is a little known sub-routine in the FM installation called FMSkynet.exe it automatically loads when you load the game and provides a direct feed of data back to SI. From time to time Miles himself has been known to oversee players games and just for the hell of it press the button to execute an unrealistic comeback. If you turn the volume up all the way in the game you can hear this because the theme tune from Rocky will begin playing, as well as various portraits of staff members at SI superimposing a laughing image on the background that's only present for a fraction of a second.

Also, they harvest your credit card details and purchase insane amounts of bon bons with your money.

Awesome :)

As someone mentioned, it simply might have to do with the fact how the defence is set up. If they try to tackle Barcelona players in the penalty area... well, that almost certainly leads to penalties. ;)

Well after the 2nd penalty I would have had to take a look and make tweaks at that point. Wouldn't just sit there and watch penalty after penalty been given.

Well Real Madrid did win the League (in real life) 5 times in a row in the 60's and again in the 80's.

It's very unrealistic though for a team to win every league title 8 years in a row - except when I do it.

Well looks like Barca beat a record in your game, winning the league 8 years or was it 7 years in a row? Quite a feat.

Records meant to be broken.

Btw just to contribute to the overwhelming bias towards Barca I just want to say I'm in 2021 and Barcelona have won La Liga every single year, fix?

Really?

Are you really saying there's a bias? Like, honestly?

That's an awfully shiny tin foil hat you're wearing, I must say.

• SI Staff

That's not true at all, bonbons are banned in the office except when Marc Vaughan's visiting....

You're taking me too seriously.

Maybe I am - my sarcasm alarm has clearly gone awry, apologies.

But yeah, if there's any kind of bias, it's to British players - Scottish and English players are both way overpowered eventually in saves.

In my long term FM 13 save, it took 13 ingame seasons for them to win the CL. (albeit after losing 3 finals)

They have also only won la liga 5 times over 15 seasons played, with 9 going to Real Madrid, and 1 to athletico.

I would call them underpowered if anything based on my save.

Guest Satchy
Without seeing the match, the reason for this is probably because Barca is an extremely gifted attacking side. If your tactics are not equipped to counter this then your defenders will have to use the 'emergency brake' often, which will lead to penalties.

This. I get penalties awarded for my side all the time when playing against weaker defensive sides.

But yeah, if there's any kind of bias, it's to British players - Scottish and English players are both way overpowered eventually in saves.

Yeah, the CL final 2012/13 in my recent save wasn't "Dortmund - Bayern", but "Man City - Chelsea".

Imagine that. In Wembley. UK would have gone crazy. :D

Yeah, the CL final 2012/13 in my recent save wasn't "Dortmund - Bayern", but "Man City - Chelsea".

Imagine that. In Wembley. UK would have gone crazy. :D

The chances of there being an all English CL final in the next 5 years are pretty much NO CHANCE!!!

The chances of there being an all English CL final in the next 5 years are pretty much NO CHANCE!!!

Wouldn't be so sure. What were the odds of an all German final just after the group stage ended? Not too long I admit, but they were hardly favourites. They only truly became flavour of the month in all quarters when they murdered both Spanish clubs between them.

It could happen.

• 5 months later...

Archived