FM13: Good Youngsters

Purefun

This is the thread for all of your recommendations for the promising youngsters in Football Manager 2013.

Please use the following format when recommending players. It makes it a lot easier for people to see where there is a recommendation, and where is discussion.

You may notice that this thread is no longer called 'Wonderkids'. This is because the players you recommend do not need to have the description of 'wonderkids', as there are few players who do. This means that you can recommend any young players that you think are promising enough to deserve a mention.

The oldest players that you should mention in here is 21 years old. Any older than that and they can no longer be regarded as youngsters in my opinion.

Also, please try and fill in as much as you can. This will help people even more.

Name:

Position:

Club:

Value:

Sale Value:

Work permit?:

Okay, well here are a few I have found so far. Not been able to buy any of them yet due to a rubbish transfer budget, but will give you as much information as possible:

Name: Alvaro Vadillo

Position: AMR/M/AMl

Club: Real Betis

Value: £400,000

Sale Value: Not sure. Bid up to £4.1m for him, but my bids were all turned down.

Work permit?: No. Spanish.

My scouts tell me he will be a 4 star potential player and would ask for wages of about £25,000 per week.

Name: Ruben Pardo

Position: MC

Club: Real Sociedad

Value: £1.4m

Sale Value: Not sure. Bid up to £4.1m for him, but my bids were all turned down.

Another player my scouts rate at 4 stars. I am told he would ask for up to £20,000 in wages per week.

Name: Tony Watt

Nationality: Scottish

Position: ST

Club: Celtic

Value: £500k

Sale Value: Not too much I would imagine

Work permit?: Nope.

Exciting young Scottish prospect with pace and good finishing ability- could develop into a good poacher imo

Name: Yaya Sanogo

Position: Striker

Club: Auxerre

Value: £1.8 million

Sale Value: If you try to buy him right at the start of the first season they'll likely ask for around £5million for him but stick him on your short list and wait till the end of December and he should be free on freedom of contract providing you can meet his wage demands.

Work permit?: none required as he's French.

Has the potential to become a very good poacher or target man as he's over 6 foot tall, good in the air but has very decent pace as well. Will come to a club of the level of Celtic in the SPL (who I've just pinched him from Auxerre on a free for), so should defo agree to go to mid level Prem teams and if he develops as well as he did for me in the last version, should become good enough to be in at least the first team squad of even the top level teams.

Okay, well here are a few I have found so far. Not been able to buy any of them yet due to a rubbish transfer budget, but will give you as much information as possible:

Name: Alvaro Vadillo

Position: AMR/M/AMl

Club: Real Betis

Value: £400,000

My scouts tell me he will be a 4 star potential player and would ask for wages of about £25,000 per week.

Name: Ruben Prado

Position: MC

Club: Real Sociedad

Value: £1.4m

Another player my scouts rate at 4 stars. I am told he would ask for up to £20,000 in wages per week.

His name is Ruben Pardo not Ruben Prado.

Name: Otavio (full name Otavio Edmilson da Silva Monteiro)

Position: AMC (is also accomplished at ST)

Club: SC Internacional (Brazil)

Value: £950,000

Sale Value:

Work permit?: Brazilian, so yes will need a work permit where applicable.

He can't be transferred until 1st June 2013 due to being under 18 and coming from Brazil. The lad looks brilliant though in my game, great attributes in the right areas for an AMC Attacking player. Scouts rate him as 4.5 star potential and is labeled as the next Zinho!

Name: Ole Kristian Selnaes

Nationality: Norwegian

Club: Rosenborg

Position: MC/DMC,AMRLC

Value: <£100k

Sale Value: £1m

Work Permit Needed?: No

Very versatile player with amazing technical stats for someone so young. I think some of the stats are random though as I notice on my other saves that there is great variability. Only weakness is pace and acceleration but will easily go up...potentially a world class deep lying playmaker in the making.

FmoL2l.jpg

Name: Srdjan Mijailovic

Nationality: Serbian

Club: Red Star Belgrade

Position: DMC / D/M©

Value: £1.6 m

Sale Value: approx £2.5m

Work Permit Needed?: Yes

Young Serbian full international with good positioning and tackling stats...potential to become world class

PLaMql.jpg

Name: Fede Vico

Nationality: Spanish

Club: Cordoba

Position: AML / M(L),AM(RC)

Value: Approx £600k

Sale Value: £1m

Creative winger with good technical stats and pace...has a description of "Could be the next Joaquin". In one of the games where I've started unemployed and gone on holiday for a couple of seasons, his value has gone up to £8m and he's getting an average rating of 7.3 in Liga BBVA.

Name: Jonas Svensson

Nationality: Norwegian

Club: Rosenborg

Position: M©/AM(RC)

Value: £400k

Sale Value: approx £2m

Some of you may remember him from FM12...looks like he's had a small bump up in the new database.

Here's a screenshot from the end of the first season

pdBVwl.jpg

Name: Matthias Ginter

Position: CB

Club: Freiburg

Value: £1.2M

Sale Value: £2.5M+

Work permit?: NO

Labelled the next Per Mertesaker in game, he is an absolute monster in the air with 17 jumping and 17 heading, with him only being 18 I'm sure they'll improve aswell. I think with the right training he'll be a beast of a ball playing CB.

Name: Mattheus

Position: AMC/AML

Club: Flamengo

Value: £425K

Sale Value: £1.8 Million

Work permit?: Nope he has Spanish as his 2nd nationality

He is Bebeto's son, by the way, most people remember that famous Bebeto celebration in the 1994 WC, it was because of Mattheus.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Hannes Van der Bruggen

Nationality: Belgian

Club: AA Gent

Position: MC/DMC,ML,AMC

Value: <£375k

Sale Value: £2M

Looks a decent young player. Is it me or are there more good Belgians than last year? Just a word of warning his agent is a bit of a ****** (High agent fee and he is very impatient), probably won't deal with him again on my Celtic save as he seems to dislike me.

Name: Hannes Van der Bruggen

Club: AA Gent

Position: MC/DMC,ML,AMC

Value: <£375k

Sale Value: £2M

Looks a decent young player. Is it me or are there more good Belgians than last year? Just a word of warning his agent is a bit of a ****** (High agent fee and he is very impatient), probably won't deal with him again on my Celtic save as he seems to dislike me.

Im calling favouritism with purefun...

Name: Zakaria Bakkali

Position: Striker

Club: PSV

Value: £40,000 (or something stupidly low like that)

Sale Value: £575,000 (I approached him without contacting PSV)

Contract: £2,500 per week (plus bonuses)

Work permit?: No

Nationality: Belgian (says he'll consider playing for England once he's eligible)

Definitely worth £575,000 .. scored a hattrick on his league debut for me.

Name: Michael Petrasso

Position: M C

Club: QPR

Value: £35k

Sale Value: £400k-£550k

Work permit : No (Canadian, with Italian Dual Nationality)

Probably one of the best looking 16yr old mids I have found so far in the game. Dont have spoilers on him (im sure someone can add). 11-12 in all relevant categories for a great central midfielder (passing / tackling / creativity / flair / technique / workrate) but needs a lot of work on his strength, although other physical stats look great.

Name: Florent Cuvelier

Position: M C (natural) AMC (competent) and DMC (competent)

Club: Stoke (on loan to Walsall during the first season)

Value: £200k

Sale Value: -

Work permit needed: No

Florentcuvelier.png

Another one from ... (sorry Welshace ;-))

Name: Dennis Praet

Position: MC / AMC

Club: RSCA Anderlecht

Value: €180k

Sale Value: ....

Work permit : No

Also a great prospect in real life.

Another one from ... (sorry Welshace ;-))

Name: Dennis Praet

Position: MC / AMC

Club: RSCA Anderlecht

Value: €180k

Sale Value: ....

Work permit : No

Also a great prospect in real life.

Just to add a little info, Anderlecht were willing to accept £4.5 million for him upfront during the first transfer window. I was trying to buy him on my current Newcastle save, I didn't quite have the funds for that and tried to negotiate a smaller fee upfront with some add ons after appearances and international caps, but ran out of time to complete the deal before the window closed.

Archived