The Silence

Matorko

Finally, it's done. I'm pleased to announce my new skin called "The Silence".

Why "The Silence"? Few months ago, my mate made a skin called "Dark Silence". Even though I'm not a PS expert, I decided to give it a go and edit it a little bit. I released my first version couple of weeks later, then another one after that, and another one... But, this one beats them all. I was playing with .XML files a lot, like I said, I'm bad at graphics (painted calendar bar and Continue button in MS Paint), but I asked my friends to help me out and make some transparent stuff.

I used OPZ's textures, tabs and few action buttons in my previous version, and I decided to keep that and add Radestock's Background Selector. I want to thank OPZ for everything. He was kind enough to allow me to use some of his stuff and he helped me with some panels. Without him, this wouldn't be possible.

I know this skin isn't great, far from that, but I've spent a lot of time on this, and I hope you'll enjoy it. Oh, and calendar bar issue is fixed.

Right Click >>> View Image.

javier-pastore-overview-.png

thomas-mller-overview-at.png

ross-barkley-overview-at.png

athletic-overview-profil.png

Download

Oh man, I totally forgot about that, I'm sorry.

I see you're an AEK fan, I guess you like this:

bbc.png

Just put it in: Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins\the silence\graphics\boxes\dialog\sitv and replace paper_top_left picture. ;)

Yup, just get one of those fonts and rename it to 'HelveticaNeueOTS' and replace current one (skin/the silence/fonts). You can do it with second one as well. :)

It has to be .otf file.

thanks for the reply. thats the scoreboards, i have tried adding them but they wont show up in you skin for some reason! i have got them working in other skins. didnt know if there was something you could do?

not a problem if you cant, skin is great

Absolutely fantastic skin! Although, because I play in windowed mode, everything doesn't fit on, I can hardly see the search bar, so is there any chance I can remove the calendar bar?

Thanks.

Also, do you know if there's a Wolverhampton Wanderers SITV? Would love one if there is, thanks again.

Absolutely fantastic skin! Although, because I play in windowed mode, everything doesn't fit on, I can hardly see the search bar, so is there any chance I can remove the calendar bar?

Thanks.

Also, do you know if there's a Wolverhampton Wanderers SITV? Would love one if there is, thanks again.

It's possible, but you won't be able to see the date in the game then. If you can't see the search bar sometimes, just reload the skin and it will be there. I put it on left side because I wanted balance. I know it's not familiar place for it, but people get use to it fast.

Thanks guys for positive feedback, I really appreciate that.

Sorry, there is no SITV for Wolves. My mate Bard is making those on www.serbian-fm.net forum, register and ask for it, I'm sure you'll get it. ;)

It's possible, but you won't be able to see the date in the game then. If you can't see the search bar sometimes, just reload the skin and it will be there. I put it on left side because I wanted balance. I know it's not familiar place for it, but people get use to it fast.

Thanks guys for positive feedback, I really appreciate that.

Sorry, there is no SITV for Wolves. My mate Bard is making those on www.serbian-fm.net forum, register and ask for it, I'm sure you'll get it. ;)

I'm not really fussed about knowing the date mate, I only check by my fixtures anyway, so is there anyway to remove it? :)

Ahh, I'll sign up and ask about it, thanks a lot!

It's possible all right, but really can't fix match title bar, I'm not that good, and it would take me some time to figure it out. Sorry mate, but I'd like to play some FM :)

Header is fine, but...

capture.png

Match title bar sucks.

capture.png

Get the header if you're ok with it.

http://speedy.sh/nQpY3/download/header.xml

Oniki has calendarless header, maybe you should try that skin.

• 2 weeks later...

Reduce the font size.

Open skins\the silence\settings\the silence settings.xml

first delete following lines, then paste it.

<!-- text settings that vary from the defaults -->

<flags id="text_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="text_size_small" value="7.5" />

<integer id="text_size_normal" value="7.6" />

<integer id="text_size_large" value="9" />

<flags id="hint_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="hint_size" value="7.7"/>

<flags id="control_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="control_size_normal" value="7.6"/>

<flags id="menu_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="menu_size_small" value="7"/>

<integer id="menu_size_normal" value="7.6"/>

<integer id="menu_size_large" value="11"/>

<flags id="title_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="title_size_large" value="14"/>

<integer id="title_size_normal" value="12"/>

<integer id="title_size_small" value="9"/>

<integer id="title_style" value="very_light_bold"/>

<flags id="html_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<flags id="pitch_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<flags id="duty_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

Make sure you don't delete wrong lines...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love the look of the skin, great smooth user interface and text is a change from previous skins i've used

but i need to make 2 changes just for personal preference the stars and attribute colours from an old skin that i used, as i haven't liked the old stars for several versions now and i like to use a traffic light system for attributes were green is the best and work down from there

Love the skin, it has such a smooth feel to it and really does make the game more enjoyable.

Quick question though, I'm a complete newb at all things graphics etc. I'm using the BBC FMIV from post #6. Can someone explain to me how to change the font to black as the white font clashes. Or show me where to get more FMIV's because I looked on FM Serbia but I couldn't see any, unless I'm being blind or chrome didn't translate properly.

Cheers in advance.

Edit: Not to worry, found some now :D

• 1 month later...

Archived