Bojan released on a free at end of 1st season!?!?!?!

Has anyone else seen this?

I am Genk and checking the out of contract player at the end of the 1st season and to my shock i see bojan there and he is interested in coming to me!!!!

Unfortunately my wages won't stretch to the £12,000 pw he wants but still.....shocking

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Understably excited just a shame you cant get him to sign, I would persist as it has been known (occasionally) for a players wages to come down, if you do manage to sign him I hope he does as well for you as he did for me in 08!

In fact I may start a new game in 9.2 just to attempt to sign him again.....

Bojan has been released on mine to. Rdidculous. Also Jack Wilshere, Nathan Delfuanoaso (sic) amongst others. But seriously, Arsenal releasing Wilshere!

Maybe it has something to do with the 9.2 edit to youth contracts mentioned in the change list.

Bojan has been released on mine to. Rdidculous. Also Jack Wilshere, Nathan Delfuanoaso (sic) amongst others. But seriously, Arsenal releasing Wilshere!

Sid Lowe reckons Bojan lacks the mental aptitude to perform at the top levels. I remember hearing him talk about how he has been anonymous for Barca in big games and even had to be subbed he was playing so nervously and badly.

I wouldn't be surprised if FM rates him as a wonder kid but in real life he has struggled to cope with the pressure and is cearly a bit of a mentalist - crying after being subbed for goodness sake.

Up there with Cassano for weird/over rated players cruising for a mid life crisis. :thup:

Sid Lowe reckons Bojan lacks the mental aptitude to perform at the top levels. I remember hearing him talk about how he has been anonymous for Barca in big games and even had to be subbed he was playing so nervously and badly.

I wouldn't be surprised if FM rates him as a wonder kid but in real life he has struggled to cope with the pressure and is cearly a bit of a mentalist - crying after being subbed for goodness sake.

Up there with Cassano for weird/over rated players cruising for a mid life crisis. :thup:

Another Football Weekly listener?! :D

Bojan is quality in real life, you don't know what you're talking about Les Girondins, you obviousluy don't follow Spanish football properly.. and give the kid a break, because thats all he is right now - a kid! And hes doing a mans job pretty well right now if you ask me, he has bags of potential

This is a very serious problem with the patch if true. Regardless of your personal opinions of these players, they are very highly rated (PA) in the game and should never be released. What's going on? :confused:

this post is total ********. yeah a 17/18 year old having a bit of trouble with 70k+ people watching his every move, every match being tagged the next best whatever from barcelona is absolutely shocking...what? mental aptitude to perform at top levels what? if anything, he has showed determination and hunger parallel to messi for the top level.

anonymous in big games and had to be subbed off? first of all, yes he's had plenty of games where he's not made an impact but then do you think messi did every time he played at this age? did rooney? did walcott? do you remember cristiano ronaldo when he first came to england? or even his second season? all very, very inconsistent.

i'm going to give you some stats about him being 'subbed off' now; in 07/08 he started only 17 games. he got subbed off in 6 of them, he scored in 4 of them and also got 2 assists providing some support to the concept of being subbed off to get a big applause which is some big confidence booster to any player, let alone a SEVENTEEN year old. additionally, 5 of the 6 times he got subbed off were during a 3 week period he started in 6 games (the 4 he scored / assisted were in this period, the other was the very last one so i'd put my money on exhaustion)

the getafe incident you mention where he was 'crying' (never seen crying afaik? just a player being distraught at missing a sitter and then his confidence was shot; made a couple of other mistakes too before being taken off)

some overall stats

07/08 - 17 starts, 23 substitute appearances; 11 goals, 4 assists

08/09 - 4 starts, 12 appearances; 3 goals, 2 assists

is his goals ; game ratio poor for a forward/winger? yes, but when you consider barcelona have OFTEN had the match well and duly finished this season by the hour mark which is the earliest he comes on to take off a tiring leg off one of the front 3 of henry, eto'o and messi (who have all been in excellent form which might explain his lack of starting games) they have winded the tempo and the game down thus less chances and created and so forth.

i've generally found it ridiculous for these random criticisms bojan attracts as if he was going to be getting 30 goals a season already? or he's already a player to oust the first team WORLD CLASS forwards barcelona have? i have excellent hope in him personally because he has a wonderful touch and a desire to dare to try which is refreshing instead of just trying to 'fit in' barca by passing the ball around.

Yeah the same thing has happened in my game too. Snapped him up for Blackburn after he was released by Barcelona at the end of the first season. I know players don't always make it at the top clubs, but would any top team really release someone who is classed as a 'wonderkid'?

Archived