Activation problems? 0 or O, 1 or l

I seeing a lot of posts where people flame SI because of the bad activiatio0n code (via box). I will get this game saturday or sunday and this sounds bad really. The whole activation sounds bad. I think SI arent treating their costumers right. Everytime i see a person criticize the system, a moderator just comes and closes the thread. Sure the users are mad and most of the times will say "wrong words" while others will talk in a more civilized way, but i think they are kinda right. I mean, they paid for the game, so instead of closing threads i think SI should help them more. Im referring more to some posts that a mod doesnt even explain the reason that he locked the topic. A user asks for help: thread locked for no reason (activation one).

Now, i want to know if more people are having problems in activating the game, the boxed version.

Thanks.

si could you please never use this whole steam and activation palarver again

it really is causing more problems than its worth

i just wanna go into a shop by the game i love so much install and play and im sure many people feel the same

instead we have to fiddle about workin out the difference between 0's and o's

please can someone let me know how on earth i can activate this bloody game.

my keycode is very blurred and i have tried since 7.45 to try and get it to work but no luck.

what are si going to do about this as i simply cannot get it to work.

i have tried steam and uniloc but no luck at all.

i could try emailing si with my code but they are really slow at getting back to people.

can anyone help please

Anyone else having this problem?

Installed all OK here in NZ.

Double clicked fm.exe where the activation screen pops up (im not doing it thro stream).

Insert code off manual......'send activation request'

'we're sorry your Fm 2009 certificate could not be activated as we are unable to connect to the internet, please check your connection. For help visit sigames.com.'

HELLLOOO....in connected now posting this, so no probelms with my connection

thats very annoying......anyone??

Yes i've been sat here trying different combinations for 45mins now.

The O's and 0's are identical and i have loads of them in my code.

i am getting anry about the activation, trying it for about 2 hours now...i waited 2 months for the game and i cant play it, i'm getting nuts in here.

In my opinion it seems like a very silly way. They used this authentication partly so people can only play it on the 14th and not before and then they run the system so people can play tonight so th release date is useless and the way the "o" is mistaken for an "0" is ridiculous. I hope I don't have this problem tomorrow otherwise I'm going to be a very unhappy customer.

well it looks like a complete mess tbh

a bit of a joke

INDEED.....the silance is deafening.

infact, no matter what code I put in it says cannot connect to internet, obviously my connectin is OK....otherwise, I wouldnt be posting.

even if I put in code...... thisactivationnonsenseisapaininthebehind

'sending activation request'

cannot connect to internet.

Ive had the game 2 hours now.....and that was AFTER the activation servers were meant to be turned ON....somehow, I feel a lil cheated???

In my opinion it seems like a very silly way. They used this authentication partly so people can only play it on the 14th and not before and then they run the system so people can play tonight so th release date is useless and the way the "o" is mistaken for an "0" is ridiculous. I hope I don't have this problem tomorrow otherwise I'm going to be a very unhappy customer.

The fact that the codes managed to pass a quality check is laughable. Surely the first one was printed off and then checked to see if they were easily readable. If not a boot in the privates is needed for some one.

Can somebody clarify...I have bought it via steam... and there is a box at the bottom saying "activate a steam product"

Will i recieve a code somewhere that i need to enter here?

I think you just click it. That's from memory though, and I haven't bought anything from Steam for a while.

fifa manager has a great 3d engine but it isn't as good as a fully working football manager

oke, but for now football manager isnt working at all. so fifa manager is look way better at the moment. never thought fm would make hugh mistakes like this. i hope they learn about this.

well it looks like a complete mess tbh

a bit of a joke

do you ned code is you buy actual boxed game?
Anyone else having this problem?

Installed all OK here in NZ.

Double clicked fm.exe where the activation screen pops up (im not doing it thro stream).

Insert code off manual......'send activation request'

'we're sorry your Fm 2009 certificate could not be activated as we are unable to connect to the internet, please check your connection. For help visit sigames.com.'

HELLLOOO....in connected now posting this, so no probelms with my connection

thats very annoying......anyone??

OK...just tried again, and mysteriously, it worked! just waiting for the patch to finish.

:D:thup:

fifa manager better? you must be drunk or something. I want a manager sim, not 'the sims'.

football manager is better than fifa manager...if you read my posts well you would have known why fifa is a better game at the moment. thats because it isnt possible to play football manager 2009 at the moment. tried the activation for about 2 hours now and it still doesnt work. football manager isnt worth anything right now.

si could you please never use this whole steam and activation palarver again

it really is causing more problems than its worth

i just wanna go into a shop by the game i love so much install and play and im sure many people feel the same

instead we have to fiddle about workin out the difference between 0's and o's

Yeah guys, this manual you download from steam into your hand with a magical cd key is all steams fault! I heard steam is responsible for aids.

the be honest the 1's and I thing isn't an issue - the 1's clearly have a dot at the top on the left, whereas the I's look like I's - its about the same as this exact font 1I1I1I - quite easy.

The 0's and O's are a different matter though, thankfully i had none in my code :D

Whichever fool thought it a good idea to use zeros and letter O's in activation codes, along with digit one's and the letter l... ha! Wally :)

You cannot blame SI for this though. They make the game. Another company markets it (well, apart from Miles doing his bit) and arranges route to consumer and activation process. It may well be another company who deals with this activation codes that Sega hired to handle this. I do not know.

People always auto blame SI though. They are the developers, not the distributors. They are probably just as annoyed as us sometimes.

If you truly cannot see whether its a letter l or a 1 and so on, scan it and send it to me... ;)

Archived