Swearing in Press Conferences

I know it is a little immature but I read a post by Miles a couple of days before the demo was released and he said there was a special news item when you you swore in a press conference. So i acted childishly and did it and the news item that followed was quite amusing. Has anyone else tried a Joe Kinnear special?

I know it is a little immature but I read a post by Miles a couple of days before the demo was released and he said there was a special news item when you you swore in a press conference. So i acted childishly and did it and the news item that followed was quite amusing. Has anyone else tried a Joe Kinnear special?

First thing I did. I wrote "Which one's Simon Bird? You're a c**t" (only without the stars) and was very impressed with the news report that followed!! :D

As manager of Spurs, I was asked what I thought Wenger the day before the derby. Replied that I really couldn't get on with him and in the free text box added that he was a talented manager but also a "whiny little b**ch". :)

Two of my players were enraged by my comments. Hmm. Maybe they felt I should have used stronger language?

^ Nope just the age old problem of your players getting annoyed if you don't praise the opposition manager and getting annoyed if you do.

The news items are pretty average. It only picks up on swear words and then only certain ones. Typing a single word epithet has as much response as a carefully crafted bit of abuse.

"Who do you think will with the Liga BBVA title this season?"

Schotsman replied, "C. Atletico Madrid S.A.D.", before adding, "Viva la revolucion!"

Very nice feature.

You could have answered "no comment", before adding "actually, I think West Ham have a chance", just to go for the ludicrous. Reminds me of how on FM08, when linked with a player like David Beckham, or Ronaldinho, I'd always respond "I've never even heard of David Beckham", just for a bit of humour, like.

I'm always disappointed the fans didn't rise in uproar at that. I've said it about ex players who are on my shortlist for buy-back clause reasons.

You'd think there'd be a fan somewhere going "he's lost the plot".

Haha yeah that is good. Imagine getting an article with a title like this: "Early dementia for VonBlade?" after a comment like that.

I'm always disappointed the fans didn't rise in uproar at that. I've said it about ex players who are on my shortlist for buy-back clause reasons.

You'd think there'd be a fan somewhere going "he's lost the plot".

Hahaha, quite! :D I always thought that SI had missed a trick there. Especially seeing how they like to put a few "light relief" elements into the game.

when asked about signing Toulalan, I said 'nah mate, it's bs', and then it came back to me about 3 weeks later, to which I said 'as I previously said, it's bs'

I also swore at someone when they asked me a question 3 times after I had said the 'no comment' option, I think I told him to f off

Yeah, conferences so far seem like a fun little diversion that I'll soon have my assistant taking care of after I get bored of much the same questions getting asked every week. Fun, neat feature that adds a little realism to the game but of no actual consequence. Though I might have to start going for some bizarre and extreme answers to see whether they do come back to haunt me, as has been suggested.

Your question should be "is there anyone out there who hasnt sworn in a press conference"! LOL

I did try saying "Ice cream", was interesting!

Looking at some of the above posts, the press do like to ask the same question repeatedly in FM09, it seems. After a entertaining 7-4 loss with Spurs at Old Trafford, I was asked by three (in a row) journalists what I thought of Tevez's performance and by two what I thought of Berbatov's performance.

My fave is when they say who is the oppositions dangerman, i usually tick the bottom boxes and say "he is **** and my players have orders to brake his legs." :D

I usually pick "none of the below".

Followed by something like "Lewes don't have good players, they're all ****, so **** you. Homosexual journalist"

Archived