November Release!

I'm sure that CM/FM has usually come out in early October, but this year we've got to wait until Nov 15th!

I always thought the game was largely completed by the end of August, and so all that needed to be done in Sept was update the player database with the summer transfers etc. It then went gold and was in the shops in the 1st week of October.

This year we have to wait until the middle of November :mad:

Does anyone know why?

people need to be patient:p

Yes I know, it's very hard though. I have taken up Peruvian basket weaving in order to help kill the time ;)

I could go back to FM'08 but I stopped playing that months ago so I guess I'll just have to be patient.

What are you all doing to kiil the time until the game is released??

Think its just development time like any computer project, at the start of the project they will be internal goals to reach before the game can be released (fix this bug/amend this feature/delete this feature/create this feature etc...). Some of these slip due to coding/graphic/Testing problems and thats why the release dates move a bit. Its just life not determined to pee us off but just cause thats the time the team SI feel they need to release all the quality new features to us. :)

I'm sure that CM/FM has usually come out in early October, but this year we've got to wait until Nov 15th!

I always thought the game was largely completed by the end of August, and so all that needed to be done in Sept was update the player database with the summer transfers etc. It then went gold and was in the shops in the 1st week of October.

This year we have to wait until the middle of November :mad:

Does anyone know why?

Probably because of the new 3D view and the other new features like press conferences and they probably don't want a repeat of all the complaints that fm2008 got regarding things like confidence. Oh and the game is release on the 14th not the 15th.

Gutted about the release date - get married on the 14th and then to The Gambia on honeymoon - gotta wait til almost December to play!

(Perhaps by then the first patch will be released!?!)

Laptop + FM09 + Holiday = Hapiness.

Seriously dood, don't let petty things like marriage get in the way. Prioritise!

Well because of the new features it will take longer, but also we are guinea pigs and testing the demo, they also expect problems so its up to us to find them and give them time to fix them. (ps i am not windging, i wait in anticipation of testing the demo)

Well because of the new features it will take longer, but also we are guinea pigs and testing the demo, they also expect problems so its up to us to find them and give them time to fix them. (ps i am not windging, i wait in anticipation of testing the demo)

I certainly hope that ISN'T the case.

There was one version that came out in March the following year. I forget which one.

It will have been delayed a bit so SI can get things how they want them. But... if you want an earlier game then maybe you can ask SI to send you an incomplete game...

There was one version that came out in March the following year. I forget which one.

It will have been delayed a bit so SI can get things how they want them. But... if you want an earlier game then maybe you can ask SI to send you an incomplete game...

And I'm certain they'd be more than happy to oblige. :D

I did actually ask SI to send me an incomplete game and they sent me CM!

Ziiiingg!

I certainly hope that ISN'T the case.

It isn't - the demo effectively is the finished game, any bugs we spot don't have any impact on the release date, they'd be fixed in the first patch.

It isn't - the demo effectively is the finished game, any bugs we spot don't have any impact on the release date, they'd be fixed in the first patch.

I Think SI use the demo as a final beta any bugs spotted which can be quickly resolved for the final version will be before the final GOLD cut. Thats why the demo comes out a few weeks before and not on release of the game. ;)

I Think SI use the demo as a final beta any bugs spotted which can be quickly resolved for the final version will be before the final GOLD cut. Thats why the demo comes out a few weeks before and not on release of the game. ;)

nop the demo is a gold version, it comes out about 2 weeks before the game is launched because that's the time it takes in the editors to publish it worldwide.

Been so for a few editions aswell

Anything found in the demo will be in the final version, and can only be fixed in a patch

Certainly not the case. The demo comes out a few weeks early because the game is being manufactured and distributed at that point.

Archived