When will I be a 'Favourite Personnel'?

On my 10th Season as Man Utd manager, won 9 leagues in a row, 3 CL's, 5 FA Cups, 7 League cups etc and not even in Favourite personnel on the club info. screen...players who have played at my club for like 5 years or less are on the list and not me?

The answer is probably never.

Someone will probably try to give you some real life spiel about expectations at Man Utd etc. but if you look in dafuge's thread in the Challenges Forum you'll see a few people who completed it by bringing the lowest possible club to Champions League glory but no dice.

If that doesn't get you on the list then there is something flawed in it's working.

Almost the same here

Been manager of Arsenal until Dec 2021 from Jul 2007. Thats 14.5 years.

I've won 12 titles

3 Champions Leagues

8 FA Cups

6 Carling Cups

Taken the club to £2.06bil balance

On the favored personnel of pretty much every player

Still not favored personnel

The answer is probably never.

Someone will probably try to give you some real life spiel about expectations at Man Utd etc. but if you look in dafuge's thread in the Challenges Forum you'll see a few people who completed it by bringing the lowest possible club to Champions League glory but no dice.

If that doesn't get you on the list then there is something flawed in it's working.

Are you saying that this is a bug?

I've thought this for quite a long time, never bothered raising it in the bugs forum as it a purely a subjective thing really, IRL the board and the fans can choose who they want to revere as a god, so that is how it works in game too

However, the amount of times you get ignored when you bring immense success on a club, especially if you drag them up from the lower leagues, is almost 100% from my experience, it is a bug in my eyes, but no idea how easy it would be to fix, cuz like many things in FM, SI could easily go too far with and make it too easy to achieve, lots of things in the game are a fine balancing act and lots of them need to be looked at

Ive had lots of players have me as their favourite personnel. Buying them more than once, giving them their 1st cap or big break at you club is a good way of doing it.

Id say at any one time, Id have 5-10 players who like me at my club.

This thread is about being listed as the clubs favoured personel.

It seems if it is flawed. I don't know if you would call it a bug but it seems almost impossible to get on a clubs favoured personnel.

I once added myself as a clubs favoured personnel using FMM as I had never had it happen automatically. Then I started a new game sometime later, I got added to a clubs favoured personnel (Chimney Corner) after I guided them to promotion. This was the first time that I ever saw this and was surprised. I was not favoured anymore though, once I left the club.

Guest Ben011

In my Man City season I am on the clubs favoured personnel, currently in my 3rd season and have won pretty much everything going :)

^I guess it's not a bug then but whatever way it works it doesn't seem to be in the way you would expect it to. Expect is the key word there as there is a difference between what the user perceives as a bug (in this case me and how favoured personnel functions) and what is actually working as the coders intended.

I believe that it must be a bug.

In my Lyon game I have been in charge for 10 and a half seasons. I have collected nearly 50 trophies, which includes winning the league every season. And nothing.

Yet I give some regen his debut who scores a double on his debut, and automatically he is on the clubs favoured personnel list.

If their isn't something flawed in that, then Im a Dutchman.

Success doesnt always guarantee fan loyalty, just look at Baggio at Juventus.

It would be nice to know what factors make you 'favoured personnel'. I'v only ever achived it once and to be honest my tenure there wasnt as successful as others.

This is really annoying and to rub salt into the wounds, when you leave a club you automatically become 100% disliked personnel no matter how long you were in charge or how successful you were. I recently double saved an FC Bayern game and in one save I stayed the other I left for Everton, despite 13 league trophies in a row and 1 CL I automatically became 100% disliked when I checked with FMM :(

This is really annoying and to rub salt into the wounds, when you leave a club you automatically become 100% disliked personnel no matter how long you were in charge or how successful you were. I recently double saved an FC Bayern game and in one save I stayed the other I left for Everton, despite 13 league trophies in a row and 1 CL I automatically became 100% disliked when I checked with FMM :(

I've seen that too. It's an idiotic feature IMO. If you were that sucessful, the fans and the club would love you.

I've seen that too. It's an idiotic feature IMO. If you were that sucessful, the fans and the club would love you.

It's one of the reasons I suggested this in my interactions wishlist...

Press Statement on Leaving a Club

Example:

Why did you decide to leave (club) at this time?

1. Interference in day to day running of club by board.

2. New contract not forthcoming/felt the board had pushed you out.

3. Done all you can with club X and glad you have elft them in a position to challenge for the top honours for years to come.

4. New challenge.

5. Chance to manage in European competition/(league) was too good to turn down.

6. Board didn't share same ambition for the club.

Obviously the options would differ depending on the club in question.

It's one of the reasons I suggested this in my interactions wishlist...

Press Statement on Leaving a Club

Example:

Why did you decide to leave (club) at this time?

1. Interference in day to day running of club by board.

2. New contract not forthcoming/felt the board had pushed you out.

3. Done all you can with club X and glad you have elft them in a position to challenge for the top honours for years to come.

4. New challenge.

5. Chance to manage in European competition/(league) was too good to turn down.

6. Board didn't share same ambition for the club.

Obviously the options would differ depending on the club in question.

I've often thought of this feature myself, I would love to see it. As it stands, I have a 'pretend' press conference in my head. Sad I know, but there's alot of people on here that do the same so I'm with company :D

In FM07, I was at Villa for 12 and a half years before I left for Liverpool, and I was in the favoured personnel, from my 6th season, until the day that I left. I couldn't believe it. I left, with the fans and board wishing me the best and thanking me for 10 League titles, 3 champions leagues and about 17 domestic cups. But then it was like, 'you've left us now, so you're not on our favoured personnel anymore.' The irony was that Billy Davies came in for two seasons, when he leaves Villa are a mid table club again and he is in their favoured personnel :(

It's a bit of a random feature anyway. I'm sure we've all had those players that we sign who we don't necessarily think are world beaters, but we get a message saying the manager is enjoying the adulation of the fans for signing so and so and he instantly becomes favoured personnel at the club before he's even played a game.

I signed Matt Jansen on a free transfer for Scunthorpe first season. He's played a few games, but apart from one game where he scored two stunning goals he's done nothing and has warmed the bench for over half the season yet he is favoured personnel now!

when i left my club i become the club favorite personnel. i did leave in a peaceful manner though. resigning on my own accord and took up a job wayyy down the league. approx 7 staffs left the club together with me as they only feel like serving under me! i was so touched~

what annoys me about this is the inconsistency of it. nearly every time i win a competition the news item "Manager X becomes Team Y favourite" comes up, but when i check if i'm up there, i'm nowhere to be seen! :(

what annoys me about this is the inconsistency of it. nearly every time i win a competition the news item "Manager X becomes Team Y favourite" comes up, but when i check if i'm up there, i'm nowhere to be seen! :(

Just happened to me.

http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newszf1.jpg

http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=favlw5.jpg

Annoying.

Hate to rub salt into the wounds for some of you guys, but in my new Dafuge game in charge of Halesowen, I was added to the favoured personnel list just for winning the Blue Square Premier...

Sorry!

Good stuff.

No apologies needed fella. It's not like being added as a favourite personnel will be the high point of my life.

Just a feature that needs sorting out.

It is ridiculously hard to become a favored manager. With Wisla Krakow I won 7 consecutive league/cup doubles plus the Champions League and I never became a favored personnel. And yet, I've signed a player and they're immediately a favored personnel.

Archived