Just One more game sydrome

do you suffer fro the 'Just One More Game Syndrome'  

133 members have voted

1. 1. do you suffer fro the 'Just One More Game Syndrome'

• Yes definatly
    • Yes But only sometimes(state how often)
    • NO NEVER HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST SUCH A THING

Midnight: "Pre-season's over, my squad's sorted, i've renewed contracts, organised my coaches and training and i'm all set for the new season. Maybe I should just play the first few games, to see how we get on."

12:30: "We've started well, i'll play until 1."

01:00: "I'll play until our final European group game."

02:30: "I might as well play until the new year, then i'll save it on Jan 1st and come back to it later."

04:00: "I'll play this FA Cup game and call it a night."

04:10: "Loads of clubs are after my players, I think i'll get this January window out of the way before I go to bed."

And so on and so forth. FM is the reason i'm nocturnal.

This. Plus when I quit my last game has to be won. I don't like to quit the game being upset after losing points :p

Same here- dont like going to bed on a loss or dropped points. Feel grumpy for a couple of hours afterwards lol

I think it depends how I feel. If I am downstairs I could sit up till the early hours, but if I am in bed I tend to get tired, and it isnt helped by the tablets I am on which make me exhausted. More often than not in bed I am actually falling asleep during a match only to wake up to the sound of a goal :p.

I would sometimes sit up late and be definitely a one more match kind but less so now. I'm more than happy to stop right before a game begins, save and close the thing down and get sleep if I'm not up for playing the next match.

Midnight: "Pre-season's over, my squad's sorted, i've renewed contracts, organised my coaches and training and i'm all set for the new season. Maybe I should just play the first few games, to see how we get on."

12:30: "We've started well, i'll play until 1."

01:00: "I'll play until our final European group game."

02:30: "I might as well play until the new year, then i'll save it on Jan 1st and come back to it later."

04:00: "I'll play this FA Cup game and call it a night."

04:10: "Loads of clubs are after my players, I think i'll get this January window out of the way before I go to bed."

And so on and so forth. FM is the reason i'm nocturnal.

How do you get through half a season in just 4 hours? I'd be lucky to complete a month.

Only if I'm in the middle of something... say a transfer, a batch of scout reports, a game I just can't wait to play...

It usually keeps me up at least half an hour past the original deadline I had imposed myself, but it's nothing compared to the old days of PM3 and CM2/97-98 when I could complete two seasons in one afternoon+evening.

In a way, FM having become more complicated and time-consuming has limited (just a bit) the "one more game" factor. Especially because, even with Key Highlights only, said game can easily require 15 minutes...

Not so much one more game as 1 more month. I always like to finish at the end of the month, so if its say Jan 10th ill go "well its only 3 more games, ill see what my training report is at the end of this month" just because i love to see how my players have progressed. Being a student i try and get through half a season in a day.

Not so much one more game as 1 more month. I always like to finish at the end of the month, so if its say Jan 10th ill go "well its only 3 more games, ill see what my training report is at the end of this month" just because i love to see how my players have progressed. Being a student i try and get through half a season in a day.

If only I was a student again.....................................

Archived