wow spurs... really you want how much?

The way I see it, for some reason they have to list him, but dont actually want him to go, either to you specifically, or possibly at all. Because of that they set a unreasonably high price, knowing any manager who looks at it will just go and look somewhere else.

...and that they'd make an absolute mint if someone was actually stupid enough to pay that...

As others have said, Spurs don't want to sell. Daniel Levy isn't a chairman to be bullied around, ask Chelsea and Luka Modric. The club don't need the money and he has 4 years left on his contract; therefore they put an absolutely huge price tag on him to scare off suitors. If anyone is foolish enough to pay up, they have more than enough money to sign a world class replacement and shedloads of change. Kay-Dub is brilliant though, I wouldn't let him go for that either.

They don't want to sell him. "If you really want him, you'll have to pay this much". Common sense really.

The trouble with common sense is that it ain't so common.

Also Scott needed an excuse to open a thread today for his daily moan.

Dont know why people always claim these things to be unusual because its not going their way. Think about that favourite player in your squad with a value of 5m and what your immediate reaction is when you see Real Madrid might be lining up a bid? You immediately crank your asking price up to 100 times his worth no? We all do it. Why cant the AI?

In my Everton save I got a similar treatment when I tried to buy Danny Wilson.

They would only sell him to me for £8mil, but were quite happy to accept Swansea's £2.2mil bid. In the end, he wouldn't even discuss a contract with me, so Swansea got themselves a gem of a player for a very good price. Damn their eyes.

They may not want to sell but it is still a stupid amount. He's a 3* player and they want 50m+ when he's worth 5m. It would be more reasonable if it was say 25m, but not the amount they have asked for.

They may not want to sell but it is still a stupid amount. He's a 3* player and they want 50m+ when he's worth 5m. It would be more reasonable if it was say 25m, but not the amount they have asked for.

Oh dear. Did you not bother reading any of the below? Spurs don't want to be reasonable.

maybe spurs dont want to sell to their direct league rivals :~)

coys

They're basically telling you to sod off.
As others have said, Spurs don't want to sell. Daniel Levy isn't a chairman to be bullied around, ask Chelsea and Luka Modric. The club don't need the money and he has 4 years left on his contract; therefore they put an absolutely huge price tag on him to scare off suitors. If anyone is foolish enough to pay up, they have more than enough money to sign a world class replacement and shedloads of change. Kay-Dub is brilliant though, I wouldn't let him go for that either.
They don't want to sell him. "If you really want him, you'll have to pay this much". Common sense really.
It's obvious they just don't want to sell.
Dont know why people always claim these things to be unusual because its not going their way. Think about that favourite player in your squad with a value of 5m and what your immediate reaction is when you see Real Madrid might be lining up a bid? You immediately crank your asking price up to 100 times his worth no? We all do it. Why cant the AI?
Turneep is absolutely right here.

It's just a way to say bugger off!

He's 3 star rated compared to what you already have. The stars don't reflect his ability - only how his ability compared to your team. The Scouts could be wrong, when, or if, you sign him, he could be better than what the scouts see him as.

He's probably the best English RB in the game. He probably commands a higher sale value in England because he fills the team quota on players trained in England.

They don't want to sell their best right back.

Oh dear. Did you not bother reading any of the below? Spurs don't want to be reasonable.

I didn't no, there was no need. £50m for a rightback. This was the same chairman that sold Berbatov that the club desperately did not want to sell. They were forced into selling him by United. Spurs even filed a complaint but withdrew it when Man Utd gave money to their club's charity. Berbatov was a more sort after player then and oen described as World Class by many. Kyle Walker is relatively unknown. If you think that them asking for £54m is realistic then each to their own. Bear in mind that the record paid for a rightback is £24m pounds. Spurs would accept that for Kyle Walker.

He's 3 star rated compared to what you already have. The stars don't reflect his ability - only how his ability compared to your team. The Scouts could be wrong, when, or if, you sign him, he could be better than what the scouts see him as.

He's probably the best English RB in the game. He probably commands a higher sale value in England because he fills the team quota on players trained in England.

They don't want to sell their best right back.

Double post...

On my current save Martin Kelly is rated as a better rightback.

i checked in geniescout, that says 37 million, i'm not paying that much either.

but the point is 52 million AND a player, we are approaching a demand of 60 million, spurs just spend 31 on cavani, and have sold bale to liverpool in the past for far under £30 million

i checked in geniescout, that says 37 million, i'm not paying that much either.

but the point is 52 million AND a player, we are approaching a demand of 60 million, spurs just spend 31 on cavani, and have sold bale to liverpool in the past for far under £30 million

So would you prefer it if the game just said 'no we don't want to sell him to you and no matter how much money you have we never will'?

Can you imagine how many people would complain about it? 'But I have £500m in transfer budget and if I want to spend £100m on a £5m rated player there is no way the selling club would refuse that etc etc etc'

It's this that many people want integrated into contract negotiations, whereby money has a bigger sway that just reputation.

I didn't no, there was no need. £50m for a rightback. This was the same chairman that sold Berbatov that the club desperately did not want to sell. They were forced into selling him by United. Spurs even filed a complaint but withdrew it when Man Utd gave money to their club's charity. Berbatov was a more sort after player then and oen described as World Class by many. Kyle Walker is relatively unknown. If you think that them asking for £54m is realistic then each to their own. Bear in mind that the record paid for a rightback is £24m pounds. Spurs would accept that for Kyle Walker.

This is also the same chairman who told Chelsea where to stuff all the roubles in Russia last summer. If the OP wants the player that much he'll meet the value. If not, tough. Them asking for £54m is realistic, because as I and many others have said, it's their way of saying 'no way'. Surely not that hard for you to understand?

nothing to do with wanting the player, the fact is, they want more for him then they do for modric and bale, i just expect a fairer valuation, all the players that play in this position all cost a vast fortune (david luiz is apparantly £100 million) and they want money and a player, so if all L and R backs are so expencive, then a replacement thrown in with 52 million is completly bonkers. especially as it isn't a position i am desperate for, i would rather go spend 60+ million on a world class player.

nothing to do with wanting the player, the fact is, they want more for him then they do for modric and bale, i just expect a fairer valuation, all the players that play in this position all cost a vast fortune (david luiz is apparantly £100 million) and they want money and a player, so if all L and R backs are so expencive, then a replacement thrown in with 52 million is completly bonkers. especially as it isn't a position i am desperate for, i would rather go spend 60+ million on a world class player.

Will be interested in how much he could go for if you negotiated, I have found this FM the best for that sort of thing. In my experiences once the AI give their first valuation I usually find the final price to be near the middle of their value and my bid.

Problem is - the player has a hidden Sale Value - as was disclosed by someone else in the thread. You'll find that the AI won't see you this player if you don't match that Sale Value.

Although the AI will often buy the same player for a much less Sale Value - I have found this to be true.

You could probably negotiate that down to 25-35 millions, which is a bit over the top but not unrealistic. If you bid something and the AI negotiates, this means that your bid was within the range that the AI finds "discussable". It doesn't really matter what their counter-offer is - all you need to know is that you're not too far off.

i believe the date that you put in the bid makes a different to the price. i've bid for players in the last few days of the english transfer window and seem to get teams more willing to negotiate more reasonably.

i've also had situations were i've negotatied solidly throughout the january window for one player, only for the team to finally start caving into my bids late on.

Arsenal offered out Oxlade Chamberlain to everyone for £112m on my save.

No one put in a bid shockingly enough. I have the screenshot of it somewhere.

Maybe they were just boasting that they had him? :-)

Archived